Do consoles have better quality control than PC?

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@GioVela2010 said:

3440 x 1440P is less pixels than the 3200x1800 X1X games HErmits like to make fun of.

BLack Object Smearing

SHit COntrast

SHit VIewing ANgles

Frame SKipping

27.9 ms latency

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/test-monitor-aoc-ag352ucg/7/#Betrieb100Hz

1. The AOC is a worse panel than the X35

2. The X35 was recalled back in August because of issues relating to ghosting, response time and the like. The panel input lag is around 8ms for the Omen. Your review dates from before the recall and is for a different panel(that is similar but there are key differences), making it inadmissible.

So now you can take off everything off your list. Literally the only thing your TV has over the X35 is contrast. No GSync, no 100Hz, higher input lag etc. 3440x1440p on a 35" also has a higher pixel density than 4K on a 55".

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:
@tryit said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@tryit said:
@GioVela2010 said:

1440p

Shit Contrast

No HDR

33ms Input Lag (worst than my OLED

No GSync

Tiny Little Screen

Enjoy your shitty little LCD all to yourself, Loner

WTF are you talking about 1140p?

I have been playing most of my games at 2048×1080 for 9 YEARS now.

WTF indeed

well actually 8 years.

yes on PC for 8 years now I have been playing most of my games at 2048×1080 resolution

noobody is impressed by 2048x1080

and that makes my observation wrong how exactly?

that is like saying 'nobody is impressed with that bro which is why I am going to tell everyone you are playing at 480p.

what twisted line of logic is fact correction not reasonable?

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

3440 x 1440P is less pixels than the 3200x1800 X1X games HErmits like to make fun of.

BLack Object Smearing

SHit COntrast

SHit VIewing ANgles

Frame SKipping

27.9 ms latency

https://www.prad.de/testberichte/test-monitor-aoc-ag352ucg/7/#Betrieb100Hz

1. The AOC is a worse panel than the X35

2. The X35 was recalled back in August because of issues relating to ghosting, response time and the like. The panel input lag is around 8ms for the Omen. Your review dates from before the recall and is for a different panel(that is similar but there are key differences), making it inadmissible.

So now you can take off everything off your list. Literally the only thing your TV has over the X35 is contrast. No GSync, no 100Hz, higher input lag etc. 3440x1440p on a 35" also has a higher pixel density than 4K on a 55".

AOC is the same panel

lol such a good display that it got recalled

No HDR

still less pixels

still has frame skipping

still has shit contrast

still has shit viewing angles

still has VA Panels black objeat smearing (worst than most VA Panels

you couldn’t pay me to game on a Shitty little LCD

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Juub1990
@GioVela2010 said:

AOC is the same panel

still less pixels

still has frame skipping

still has shit contrast

AOC isn't the same panel. AOC makes their own. There's a reason it's way cheaper. There are differences between the two. They're not the same model number either.

It was recalled and the second revision is now better, what's the problem here? You're using an outdated review which makes it inadmissible.

It has less pixel but a higher pixel density. The end result is your OLED ends up looking worse in terms of pixel clarity. We're talking 106PPI vs 80 PPI.

No idea what you're talking about with your frame skipping.

Yep, contrast is the only thing your OLED has over it.

You're still stuck at 30fps. You're still stuck with no GSync. You're still stuck playing 1800p on a 65" TV which is way worse than 3440x1440 on a 35". OLED has come to monitors but the technology has too many drawbacks to be worth it. Micro-LED will likely overtake it if they don't get their shit together.

I also like how you're ignoring the fact I called you out for saying PC is garbage well guess what genius, your OLED TV works with a PC but your piece of shit console stays stuck at 30fps and 1800p no matter what. It can't get GSync no matter what. It can't get 100-120fps no matter what. It can't get max settings no matter what and the list goes on and on.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 GioVela2010

Waiting for you to post a 3rd party review that tests the response time at 8ms.

VA Panels always have shit response time

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GioVela2010

@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

AOC is the same panel

still less pixels

still has frame skipping

still has shit contrast

AOC isn't the same panel. AOC makes their own. There's a reason it's way cheaper. There are differences between the two. They're not the same model number either.

It was recalled and the second revision is now better, what's the problem here? You're using an outdated review which makes it inadmissible.

It has less pixel but a higher pixel density. The end result is your OLED ends up looking worse in terms of pixel clarity. We're talking 106PPI vs 80 PPI.

No idea what you're talking about with your frame skipping.

Yep, contrast is the only thing your OLED has over it.

You're still stuck at 30fps. You're still stuck with no GSync. You're still stuck playing 1800p on a 65" TV which is way worse than 3440x1440 on a 35". OLED has come to monitors but the technology has too many drawbacks to be worth it. Micro-LED will likely overtake it if they don't get their shit together.

I also like how you're ignoring the fact I called you out for saying PC is garbage well guess what genius, your OLED TV works with a PC but your piece of shit console stays stuck at 30fps and 1800p no matter what. It can't get GSync no matter what. It can't get 100-120fps no matter what. It can't get max settings no matter what and the list goes on and on.

You’re just repeating yourself ?

Stop being a pleb and get an OLED + Atmos, and a Subwoofer.

Step up to God Tier Home Theater Gaming

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Juub1990
@GioVela2010 said:

Waiting for you to post a 3rd party review that tests the response time at 8ms.

VA Panels always have shit response time

Here you go.

I was slightly off, response time is 10.2ms. Average would be 6.6ms if the change from black to grey didn't bring down the average so much.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GioVela2010

@SolidGame_basic said:

I've heard a lot about crappy games being released on Steam, especially with these "worst games" lists that happen every year. Do you think PC has a quality control problem, SW? At least with consoles Sony and Nintendo are pretty tough when it comes to quality standards. I don't think either one of these companies would knowingly release a game that isn't complete. Your thoughts?

I had games on Steam that wouldn’t boot no matter what i tried.

Sometimes i would lose sound from my Home Theater for no reason. I could go into settings and solve that but still a pain in the ass.

My 360 controllers would also lose connection for no reason, again i could go into the menus and fix that but still a pain in the ass

PC Gaming can be very frustrating. Consoles just work 99.9% of the time

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Juub1990
@GioVela2010 said:

Because I shot down every single point you brought up? The end result is the only thing you have is contrast which was already covered.

I'll get the OLED once it has GSync, 100Hz+, lower input lag and is available in Ultrawide. For now I'll stick to LCD, it's more mature and has more bells and whistles. Ain't about to sacrifice everything for nicer colors.

I game with a headset so no need for an Atmos Sound system.

And to bring back the original point, PC can make use of all of that. Consoles can't make use of what I have. It's ironic you go out and call PC garbage when it can actually use the stuff you bought and is far less limited than consoles.

You should invest in a God-tier gaming PC and not into that piece of shit Xbox One X.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7703 Posts

Dude speaking about response times and has to play all games with Vsync on lol

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GioVela2010

@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

Because I shot down every single point you brought up? The end result is the only thing you have is contrast which was already covered.

I'll get the OLED once it has GSync, 100Hz+, lower input lag and is available in Ultrawide. For now I'll stick to LCD, it's more mature and has more bells and whistles. Ain't about to sacrifice everything for nicer colors.

And to bring back the original point, PC can make use of all of that. Consoles can't make use of what I have. It's ironic you go out and call PC garbage when it can actually use the stuff you bought and is far less limited than consoles.

Contrast

4:4:4 + HDR

Dolby Vision HDR

HDR10

Viewing Angles

10 Bit Colour Depth

White Balance

Motion Blur

Colour Gamut

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GioVela2010

@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

You should invest in a God-tier gaming PC and not into that piece of shit Xbox One X.

Also

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Juub1990
@GioVela2010 said:

Contrast

4:4:4 + HDR

Dolby Vision HDR

HDR10

Viewing Angles

10 Bit Colour Depth

White Balance

Motion Blur

Colour Gamut

Yeah so contrast and nicer colors. That was already covered. Nobody denies OLED has better contrast and colors but all of that doesn't impact gameplay and performance whereas what I listed does. Motion blur sucks lol.

And again stop ignoring the fact you called PC garbage when PC can make use of ALL OLED has to offer(even more actually) than consoles so how exactly is it garbage? There are games on PC supporting HDR and Dolby Atmos. That was the original argument, you somehow shifted that to OLED vs LCD. It was you calling PC shit and me calling you out on it.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

People trying to prove that a limited box is better then a not limit box. system wars in a nutshell

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

lolwut ?!

Go play POP trilogy on PS3 and tell me consoles have something like 'quality control'

Never refunded a game so fast in my life... In fact I never sell or refund any of my games. Just POP trilogy on PS3.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

Oh the irony.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Juub1990

@davillain-: What’s ironic?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DaVillain  Moderator

@Juub1990 said:

@davillain-: What’s ironic?

You was planing to buy an Xbox One X.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

It's called Steam refunds.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Juub1990

@davillain-: Yeah and I ended up not doing it. It was nothing or the X1X. I chose nothing.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

At least, during the time of Sega and Nintendo, I though the first-party hardware and software had stringent hardware and software quality control.

I thought that was one of the reasons 3rd-parties grumbled about Nintendo. Any game they release for the brand had to pass Nintendo's strict quality control. Other platforms nowadays? Not so much.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DaVillain  Moderator

@Juub1990 said:

@davillain-: Yeah and I ended up not doing it. It was nothing or the X1X. I chose nothing.

Smart man. You just save yourself $500 bucks :)

Now just save that money for Volta!

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1854 Posts

Yes they do. In that it's hard to get a game on their platforms. It's good because it takes away from crappy Shovelware. It's also a double edged sword since they may miss out on good quality indies, because not everyone wants to go through all of that just to get on a gaming platform. It's easier and more convenient to just put your games on Steam.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Juub1990 said:

Smart man. You just save yourself $500 bucks :)

Now just save that money for Volta!

So not playing games at all is better than paying $500 for an X??? I've seen some stupid comments in my time but you 2 guys take the cake.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: That was Juub who was gonna buy an Xbox One X, I had nothing to do with it. I'm just more surprise he was close to buying X1X when he should know better. Even Bassman almost had a heart attack lol.

We have high-end PC rigs. Why the hell do we need to spend $500 bucks on Xbox One X?

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GioVela2010

@davillain-:

I payed $400 tax included :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: That was Juub who was gonna buy an Xbox One X, I had nothing to do with it. I'm just more surprise he was close to buying X1X when he should know better. Even Bassman almost had a heart attack lol.

We have high-end PC rigs. Why the hell do we need to spend $500 bucks on Xbox One X?

WHAT, you knew why he was considering an X, which is why you said it was ironic.

He is using his PC's for some money making exercise and needed something to play on in the meantime and again you knew this. So that's why I said both of your comments were stupid.

So tell me dav how is not playing at ALL better than spending $500 on an X???

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 GioVela2010

@davillain- said:

Also your 1070 has similar performance to X1X lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ermacness said:

@i_p_daily:

Why does any praises that Sony receives, you hate on it?

You could say why does any fake praise that Sony gets I hate on it. I'm just keeping it real, because even you know the OP is talking through his arse as my link proved.

There's no denying that consoles have better quality control, but let's not pretend that there is no shit slipping through the net, and with that video it showed there is a fair bit of shit slipping through. Come to think of it Sony promotes Black Tiger on its website, so you can say Sony is not doing a good job at quality control.

Let's be open here as I'm not saying MS doesn't let shit get through because they also do, its just that the OP is a raging cow that talks shit, so I felt the need to correct him, and notice how he hasn't responded to my comment, he's probably not even clicked on the link because he knows he will be proven wrong.

That and I like owning cows on this forum, have a nice day :)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DaVillain  Moderator

@GioVela2010 said:

I have a 1080Ti now. I traded my 1070 to a friend for a PS Vita which was a nice trade :)

Really love my new 1080Ti I got on Cyber Monday.

@i_p_daily said:

WHAT, you knew why he was considering an X, which is why you said it was ironic.

Which is why I find it funny Juub's calling X1X shit and yet, he almost went out to buy it. Why even buy Xbox One X when you can play MS games on PC now? Unless he was doing it to play Halo 5, Rare Replay, or any Xbox One games you cannot play on PC, then I can understand why he needs to buy X1X.

@i_p_daily said:

He is using his PC's for some money making exercise and needed something to play on in the meantime and again you knew this. So that's why I said both of your comments were stupid.

Then you should ask him about that. Not me!

@i_p_daily said:

For one thing, he can use that $500 to get Volta over a upgrade console he doesn't need.

Now that we got those answers out of the way, I'm going to go play some more Mass Effect: Andromeda now :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@GioVela2010 said:

I have a 1080Ti now. I traded my 1070 to a friend for a PS Vita which was a nice trade :)

@i_p_daily said:

Which is why I find it funny Juub's calling X1X shit and yet, he almost went out to buy it. Why even buy Xbox One X when you can play MS games on PC now? Unless he was doing it to play Halo 5, Rare Replay, or any Xbox One games you cannot play on PC, then I can understand why he needs to buy X1X.

@i_p_daily said:

@i_p_daily said:

For one thing, he can use that $500 to get Volta over a upgrade console he doesn't need.

Now that we got those answers out of the way, I'm going to go play some more Mass Effect: Andromeda now :)

You really shouldn't have bothered with a response as this one is really bad LOL, enjoy Andromeda.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: You wanted a response and you got one :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: You wanted a response and you got one :P

I asked a question and never got an answer to that question, which is par for the course with you LOL.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: Oh you poor baby. I'll do better next time ^-^

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 GioVela2010

@davillain- said:
@GioVela2010 said:

@i_p_daily said:

@i_p_daily said:

@i_p_daily said:

Dat X1X pressure causing Hermits to upgrade ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: Oh you poor baby. I'll do better next time ^-^

It was a simple question. "Is playing NOTHING AT ALL better than spending $500 on the X" the only baby is you because you can't answer that simple question :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@GioVela2010 said:
@davillain- said:
@GioVela2010 said:

@i_p_daily said:

@i_p_daily said:

@i_p_daily said:

Actually dav is a cowmit, he claims to be a fulltime hermit, but does shill for Sony while thinking he's in the closet and no one can see him LOL.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@GioVela2010: Before X1X launch, my current PC hardware was still beyond X1X spectrum range. I just happen to stumble a good price on a 1080Ti. I be really surprise if X1X did cause a lot of Hermits to upgrade lol.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@davillain-: ...you traded it for a vita

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I've heard a lot about crappy games being released on Steam, especially with these "worst games" lists that happen every year. Do you think PC has a quality control problem, SW? At least with consoles Sony and Nintendo are pretty tough when it comes to quality standards. I don't think either one of these companies would knowingly release a game that isn't complete. Your thoughts?

Sometimes i would lose sound from my Home Theater for no reason. I could go into settings and solve that but still a pain in the ass.

My 360 controllers would also lose connection for no reason, again i could go into the menus and fix that but still a pain in the ass

Spend $1800 on your gaming rig instead of your A/V cabinet and, $400 on the A/V cabinet instead of the gaming rig, and you might have a better experience next time. Just sayin. >_<

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 GioVela2010

@appariti0n said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Spend $1800 on your gaming rig instead of your A/V cabinet and, $400 on the A/V cabinet instead of the gaming rig, and you might have a better experience next time. Just sayin. >_<

My GPU and Case alone were $400

as for a cheaper AV Cabinet, I’ll pass. I have a HAF XB in there and you wouldn’t even know it.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:
@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

KS8000 is LCD

LCD is shit

So is being stuck gaming at 30fps 99% of the time. You know, it actually impacts performance whereas colors don't.

20-30 fps is fine for him, he only plays interactive movies.

Stay in yo lane Medium Settings Warrior

You're talking about consoles right? Stuck on medium settings (some on high...some) and 20 to 30 fps. Then lets not mention fraction of high scoring titles, and shitty online.

lol quality control

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#94  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

You guys need someone to tell you what quality is? I am my own quality control. And stop acting like Steam getting crap games is a problem.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GioVela2010

@zaryia said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:
@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

KS8000 is LCD

LCD is shit

So is being stuck gaming at 30fps 99% of the time. You know, it actually impacts performance whereas colors don't.

20-30 fps is fine for him, he only plays interactive movies.

Stay in yo lane Medium Settings Warrior

You're talking about consoles right? Stuck on medium settings (some on high...some) and 20 to 30 fps. Then lets not mention fraction of high scoring titles, and shitty online.

lol quality control

Clearly talking about you medium warrior

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:
@appariti0n said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

My GPU and Case alone were $400

as for a cheaper AV Cabinet, I’ll pass. I have a HAF XB in there and you wouldn’t even know it.

Damn, Ikea has really increased their prices recently.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Zaryia

@GioVela2010 said:

Well PC has been first place since SW began. Can't drop to 2nd or 3rd place, that shit is reserved for consoles kids.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Zaryia

@howmakewood said:

Dude speaking about response times and has to play all games with Vsync on lol

Don't forget the games with fps drops into the 20's, rofl.

PC will always be objectively the best. True Quality Control.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#99 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Don't get why TC says Sony has good quality control when Sony is only second to PC when it comes to lower end crappy games.