DMC5 - Butt censored on the PS4 version. This is just getting weird!

• 121 results
Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

I would prefer all games not being censored, but I would not actively decide not to purchase because of it. You lot must be sexually deprived or something, this is way overblown.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7273 Posts

Been hearing mixed things about DMC 5 people either love it or hate it. I haven't brought it yet still need to start and finish DMC definitive edition.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#103 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70157 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@Pedro said:

@Jag85: So, are there instances of Japanese only games being censored?

Plenty. But I can't be arsed to look it up, at the moment. You can Google it.

Just did. Thanks for the info.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#104  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@Epak_ said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@Epak_ said:

Lady's ass was also censored with a lens flare on Xbone.

Link? Couldn't find anything to confirm this on the first two pages of Google results.

I freed her and at the van she decided to take her clothes (or towel) off, lens flare covered her ass.

No links, sorry.

I came across maybe one other post from someone who was commenting on Facebook that his Xbox version was also censored. I'm not doubting you, but I am really curious as to why I can't find official sources that say the Xbox version also got affected.

EDIT: Apparently, I'm confused. When you were saying Lady, I thought you were just saying that as a generic term, like lady.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44423 Posts

This is just so weird. I’m playing the Xbox One version and there was a lens flare on the bare butt scene with Lady but not one on Trish. I’m not going to cry censorship or anything but I really don’t see what the big deal is with them needing to hide this with a lens flare especially with one scene having it and another not.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@Epak_ said:
@JustPlainLucas said:
@Epak_ said:

Lady's ass was also censored with a lens flare on Xbone.

Link? Couldn't find anything to confirm this on the first two pages of Google results.

I freed her and at the van she decided to take her clothes (or towel) off, lens flare covered her ass.

No links, sorry.

I came across maybe one other post from someone who was commenting on Facebook that his Xbox version was also censored. I'm not doubting you, but I am really curious as to why I can't find official sources that say the Xbox version also got affected.

EDIT: Apparently, I'm confused. When you were saying Lady, I thought you were just saying that as a generic term, like lady.

Yeah, there's a character whose name's Lady :P

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9558 Posts

Apparently it's not just Sony who is in on this censorship, but its capcom USA too. All of the western versions including PC are censored from the Japanese releases. To compare, Metro was released with full nudity on all platforms no problem.

Seriously, Sony and Capcom, they better cut this out. It's getting really annoying.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Apparently it's not just Sony who is in on this censorship, but its capcom USA too. All of the western versions including PC are censored from the Japanese releases. To compare, Metro was released with full nudity on all platforms no problem.

Seriously, Sony and Capcom, they better cut this out. It's getting really annoying.

So it's actually Capcom's doing?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X

@true_link said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

So it's actually Capcom's doing?

I'm pretty sure it has to be Capcom USA for all of the Lady/Marie (Marie is her given name in the story) censorship in the west along with probably Sony's decision to include the butt censorship for Trish in there.

Sony might be on edge since a kid used their share capabilities to share a naked woman in watchdogs 2. Still doesn't mean they should censor games.

edited for clarity since they obviously don't censor all games, which is odd. Mostly just some games coming from Japan.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X: If its censored on all western platforms ( ps4, xone, pc) why single out sony to cut it out? That would be all on Capcom.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 415 Posts

Couldn't care less about seeing trish's arse but censorship should always be fought against. Next they will come for the blood and gore if this sets a precedent. Very disappointed in whoever this decision came from be it capcom or sony or whoever.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

I'm tired of this shit. I don't need corporate smucks to parent me. I love DMC5 it's an outstanding game and honestly I don't really care about seeing an ass of a video game character but to me it's the principle of the matter. Your telling me it's ok to blow peoples heads off and decapitate body parts in gory detail( RE2) but I can't see an ass? Really?

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

Ps5 looking more and more like Snipers console

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 X_CAPCOM_X

@vfighter: dont know who is responsible besides capcom usa, which I'm sure of, since all western releases have it. Someone at Sony may have greenlighted additional censorship.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

It this look to be ultimates ammunition for Xbox gamer if girl butt need to be censor and Dante bulge it not.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@vfighter: dont know who is responsible besides capcom usa, which I'm sure of, since all western releases have it. Someone at Sony may have greenlighted additional censorship.

What additional censorship? And other games have way more explicit nudity. This simply makes no sense to me.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#117 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19666 Posts

@true_link said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

What additional censorship? And other games have way more explicit nudity. This simply makes no sense to me.

It goes something like this:

Japanese PC/Xbox versions - Uncensored

Western PC/Xbox versions - Lady scene censored

Western PS4 version - Lady and Trish scenes censored

Japanese PS4 version - ?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127525 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@true_link said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

It goes something like this:

Japanese PC/Xbox versions - Uncensored

Western PC/Xbox versions - Lady scene censored

Western PS4 version - Lady and Trish scenes censored

Japanese PS4 version - ?

I hope they make a difference between NA and Europe here.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X

@horgen: Japanese PS4 is also uncensored. Dunno why the censorship is just in the west. @Jag85@true_link

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

I did notice that they censored Lady and not Trish for some weird reason (PC.) I finished the game last night on Devil Hunter and i'm currently playing Human (backwards because I hate starting on Easy) before going to the higher difficulties.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 X_CAPCOM_X

Glad I have the PC version since I can potentially remove the censorship in protest. I hope they don't do this again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

@uninspiredcup: That's the word. I'm embarrassed for Sony.

I'm not gonna deny that people had a decent case when Sony censored ambiguously aged anime girls, even though none of their private parts were shown.

But in this case, who are they protecting. Trish is an adult woman, and if you're an adult, like you said, surely you've seen some ass before on cable TV to know whether or not you want to see it or not. What kind of Christian would play a game with Devil in title.

They should change the name for Sony to keep the word Devil away, to something like "Sony May Cry".

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

It doesn't matter its DMC.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#125  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19666 Posts

@saltslasher:

Sony wasn't just censoring "loli" characters though (I don't think most people would have an issue with censoring that "loli" shit), but they were also censoring adult anime characters (with curvy bodies and big tits & ass). Which has set a precedent for Sony to take their censorship further, and start censoring non-anime games. Though in this case, Capcom USA is also partly responsible for the censorship, which Sony took a step further.