Dishonoured vs. Mass Effect 3 (50%/50%) people's choice awards round 2

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#101 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14954 Posts

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Innovazero2000"]

For me it was ME3, yeah the ending was a bit "wtf mate!" the game itself was incredible. A bit dummed down from the orignial, yes! Smooth gameplay though with an epic war of the worlds feel. I loved the trilogy as a whole though.

Check out that Planetside 2 vs Black Ops II Battle going! on PS2 up 50.4 to 49.6! wow!

TrapJak

No, the original's system was dumb....ME3 smartened it up and in fact there are MORE combat options in ME3, not less, than in ME1. The entire wieght system brought the RPG element in its combat back in a big way.

Okay, 2 things. One game in insanely easy , so that more combat options is null. If you're an Adept , Vangaurd or Sentinel, just bring Liara with you and you pretty much won the game. The only class that will take some skill is Soldier. Which is ironic, condsidering how they were the best class in ME1 and ME2.

Though I'll give you credit, the weight system did influence my gun choices. But it's not a full blown improvment, it's more of a special feature. The combat is better , but overall easier.

And ME1 wasn't? There are many builds in ME1 which make the game a cakewalk like Bastion Stasis and Immunity, nevermind the backwards difficulty curve where the hardest fight is on Therum, early in the game. Fact is that ME1 is far more exploitable than its sequels. Try doing insanity on single player in ME3 or platinum in multiplayers, its far less easy than ME1.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

The Biodrones I've seen act like they're the only ones understanding Bioware, and are the only ones who have the right to praise it or criticize it, hence your typical "you just don't get it" responses...

You fit the definition of Biodrone perfectly! ;)

Rocker6

And yet Biobashers criticize falsefully and untruthfully......at least I criticize Bioware for what they really do wrong. Biobashers are really either ignorant or stupid in their criticisms or criticize about the smallest thing that doesn't even matter. All blind to the hatred of the company that they can't see real facts and real criticisms. Its even funnier when fans of the old games bash things in the new games that the old games seem to also committ....they are hypocrites as well.

You insist on calling every person who criticizes Bioware a Biobasher, ready to argue to the death how their criticizms are wrong, how they don't understand things, and how you are the only one who has the right to do so...

You don't see anything wrong with that?

I also hate whiners and haters who write nonsense to be "cool" (CoD "haters"), but fact of the matter is, there are plenty of solid criticisms that can be applied to Bioware and their games, and you or your fellow Biodrones are not the only people who have the right of bringing them up...

Maybe becasue their criticisms ARE wrong factually OR their criticisms are just petty. Have you ever thought that maybe their criticisms are not so solid. And yeah, there ARE solid criticisms to Bioware's games.....lack of character development (which the newer games avoid or do better), the recycling of plots, choices not mattering (but they do in ME3), black and white morality (improved upon once again DA2 and ME3) and the original ending to ME3 had some solid criticism.....but most of the bashing is just petty or false. Hell, I am not even a Biodrone because I actually do not like all their games.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#103 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Meh how come people vote Max Payne 3 over GW2 and Far Cry 3 over The Walking Dead, yet complain about generic shooters. OK, Max Payne 3 was one of the few shooters focussing more on story and character, and Far Cry 3 was a really good Far Cry/Crysis game, but after GW2 we'll probably never see monthly fees again! They were the first in a long time to successfully (!!!) challenge the standard exploration, questing system and level progression of MMORPG. The Walking Dead went deeper into player choice and being human than even Heavy Rain ever pulled off. Yet you value a decent shooter story or well excecuted Far Cry game more than that. Not even in the same league imo.
If this is because you people suddenly strongly value quality characters and story in videogames, then I said nothing. But I have a feeling it's all about the pew pew.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 texasgoldrush

Meh how come people vote Max Payne 3 over GW2 and Far Cry 3 over The Walking Dead, yet complain about generic shooters.

KungfuKitten
I am going to say this...Borderlands 2 is going to win....doesn't suprise me because if you go by gameplay alone, its the best this year.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

Who cares about the peoples choice awards? Its just a bunch of fanboys voting agaisnt the game of the opposite console and voting on the games of their consoles. User reviews/awards are useless

Vatusus
Your only saying that because the votes aren't going your way.
USS_Data

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 USS_Data
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] And yet Biobashers criticize falsefully and untruthfully......at least I criticize Bioware for what they really do wrong. Biobashers are really either ignorant or stupid in their criticisms or criticize about the smallest thing that doesn't even matter. All blind to the hatred of the company that they can't see real facts and real criticisms. Its even funnier when fans of the old games bash things in the new games that the old games seem to also committ....they are hypocrites as well.texasgoldrush

You insist on calling every person who criticizes Bioware a Biobasher, ready to argue to the death how their criticizms are wrong, how they don't understand things, and how you are the only one who has the right to do so...

I also hate whiners and haters who write nonsense to be "cool" (CoD "haters"), but fact of the matter is, there are plenty of solid criticisms that can be applied to Bioware and their games, and you or your fellow Biodrones are not the only people who have the right of bringing them up...

Maybe becasue their criticisms ARE wrong factually OR their criticisms are just petty. Have you ever thought that maybe their criticisms are not so solid. And yeah, there ARE solid criticisms to Bioware's games.....lack of character development (which the newer games avoid or do better), the recycling of plots, choices not mattering (but they do in ME3), black and white morality (improved upon once again DA2 and ME3) and the original ending to ME3 had some solid criticism.....but most of the bashing is just petty or false. Hell, I am not even a Biodrone because I actually do not like all their games.

:lol:

If you actually believe that yourself then just :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

I voted Dishonored.

Could not beat 1, forced myself to beat 2 and still have yet to get through 3.

I think ME is poop tbh. I wasted $70 on the collectors edition and now i feel bad

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#108 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Who cares about the peoples choice awards? Its just a bunch of fanboys voting agaisnt the game of the opposite console and voting on the games of their consoles. User reviews/awards are useless

dreman999

I dont even know who's winning

true story

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 texasgoldrush

USS_Data

No, you are just a moron....I think NWN is overrated to hell and DAO is a forgettable lazy ass game that highlights Bioware's flaws. I am no Biodrone, if DAIII goes back to cliche, I'll bash them. And I am not a fan a TOR much either.
USS_Data

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 USS_Data
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts

[QUOTE="USS_Data"]

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"] Maybe becasue their criticisms ARE wrong factually OR their criticisms are just petty. Have you ever thought that maybe their criticisms are not so solid. And yeah, there ARE solid criticisms to Bioware's games.....lack of character development (which the newer games avoid or do better), the recycling of plots, choices not mattering (but they do in ME3), black and white morality (improved upon once again DA2 and ME3) and the original ending to ME3 had some solid criticism.....but most of the bashing is just petty or false. Hell, I am not even a Biodrone because I actually do not like all their games.texasgoldrush

No, you are just a moron....I think NWN is overrated to hell and DAO is a forgettable lazy ass game that highlights Bioware's flaws. I am no Biodrone, if DAIII goes back to cliche, I'll bash them. And I am not a fan a TOR much either.

The denial in this one is strong. Just admit you''re a Biodrone and you will feel much better. And did you just say DA2 is a better game then DAO? If the answer is yes then just even more :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 texasgoldrush

[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="USS_Data"]

USS_Data

The denial in this one is strong. Just admit you''re a Biodrone and you will feel much better. And did you just say DA2 is a better game then DAO? If the answer is yes then just even more :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nope...said it was on par...and yet didn't think either were great. DA2 was flawed and rushed but DAO was cliched and lazy. And yet drones like everything a company does...I don't. Keep being a moron.
Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

[QUOTE="USS_Data"]

texasgoldrush

:

I think NWN is overrated to hell

Huh? tons of people bash NWN all the time. If anything,the game is underrated.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 dreman999

I voted Dishonored.

Could not beat 1, forced myself to beat 2 and still have yet to get through 3.

I think ME is poop tbh. I wasted $70 on the collectors edition and now i feel bad

Quaker-w00ts

You paid $70 on game that's part of a series you hated... That some kind of bipolar issues.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#114 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Meh how come people vote Max Payne 3 over GW2 and Far Cry 3 over The Walking Dead, yet complain about generic shooters. OK, Max Payne 3 was one of the few shooters focussing more on story and character, and Far Cry 3 was a really good Far Cry/Crysis game, but after GW2 we'll probably never see monthly fees again! They were the first in a long time to successfully (!!!) challenge the standard exploration, questing system and level progression of MMORPG. The Walking Dead went deeper into player choice and being human than even Heavy Rain ever pulled off. Yet you value a decent shooter story or well excecuted Far Cry game more than that. Not even in the same league imo.
If this is because you people suddenly strongly value quality characters and story in videogames, then I said nothing. But I have a feeling it's all about the pew pew.

KungfuKitten

When it came down to voting TWD vs Far Cry 3 it was very hard to choose one over the other since both games could've been easily my personal goty. Far Cry 3 is everything I want in a FPS, hell there's only been 2 other FPS that had the amount of great quality in a SP aspect and that was Bioshock and Half Life 2 + episodes (at least for me) so it ended up with my vote. TWD's Lee and Clem are one of the best duo's I've seen this gen, but every other character in the game was zombie fodder and the choices you made were meaningless specially in moments like episode 3. I'd like to actually have the choice of letting characters live or die which does not happen in TWD, the writers had the power on who lives or dies, we didn't.

[spoiler] there's only 3 characters that can actually live in the ending, 4 if you want to count Molly [/spoiler]

As for Max Payne 3 vs GW2, the thing is GW2 was fun for awhile but honestly it's fun factor/replay value is gonna be based off of the server population and whether or not new content actually looks amusing to people. While I had fun with GW2 I just don't see it being something I'm willing to randomly pick up and play 1-2 years down the road or longer.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Vatusus

I dont even know who's winning

true story

If you voted , you would know.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#116 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

(...)As for Max Payne 3 vs GW2, the thing is GW2 was fun for awhile but honestly it's fun factor/replay value is gonna be based off of the server population and whether or not new content actually looks amusing to people. While I had fun with GW2 I just don't see it being something I'm willing to randomly pick up and play 1-2 years down the road or longer.Ballroompirate
Interesting. I understand your point about TWD. It didn't perfectly use your choices. So you actually feel like you may play Max Payne 3 again 1-2 years down the road, more than GW2? Or are you saying that should be one of its qualities as an MMO game, so it doesn't apply to Max Payne 3? I'm not sure that stands, because of the structure in GW2. You could totally play GW2 as if it is a normal AAA $50 co-op RPG, and play it for a month to reach max level, finish its story and be done with it.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

Dishonoured, at least it tried to do something new and the gameplay mechanics worked really well. My only gripe is the story was nothing impressive. Mass effect 3 is just an abomination thats not even including the ending.