Disc scratching shouldnt be a issue with xbox 360 slim

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]

That's not true, and that's the first problem. They are completely unknown sources. Not necessarily unreliable, not reliable, either.

The sensationalist way the shows were presented does not speak too well of them.

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]They both conducted tests, and both showed results in a matter of hours....IronBass

Nothing in those tests seemed to indicate that it was more than isolated cases. We don't know the full conditions of the tests.

What's NOT professional is Microsoft outright denying it, and whats funny is that people completely ignore it and blame the consumer and NOT the product. It's ALWAYS the user's fault isn't it...zero_snake99

I think it has to do with the fact that so few people here have actuallyexperienced it. Thinks like RRoD, which it is evident it's the console's fault, are not ignored.

Not always, but in this case, yeah, most of the times.

.... How is Watchdog an "unknown source?" I don't even watch BBC and I know what that show is. Also, those "isolated cases"... 3 out of 9 xbox 360's scratched discs... 33% of them. How is that isolated? How many consoles have they sold? 40 million? That's 13.3 million consoles, theoretically of course... I honestly can't believe that people buy such crappy hardware and let the companies get away with it.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="fun-da-mental"]

So game installs is a good thing now :) but only when its on 360:P

Ravensmash

....for the third time in the thread :P If it's optional, then how is it a bad thing? If it's mandatory, then of course it can be viewed as a negative!

I think the point is why are installs a problem at all, especially when an HDD is standard. It's just funny how the rhetoric flips.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

.... How is Watchdog an "unknown source?" I don't even watch BBC and I know what that show is. zero_snake99

The unknown part was for DutchTv. The sentationalist part was for Watchdog.

.Also, those "isolated cases"... 3 out of 9 xbox 360's scratched discs... 33% of them. How is that isolated? How many consoles have they sold? 40 million? That's 13.3 million consoles, theoretically of course... zero_snake99

Not even theoretically, that's not how statistics work.

If I flip a coin 10 times I may get 7 heads. That does not mean (not even theoretically) that the chances are 70/30. The Law of Large Numbers.

3 of 9 is the very definition of isolated cases.