Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

E3 has always been known as THE place for big reveals. Due to that, we often come up with a laundry list of hopes on what will be announced.

While many see this E3 as a disappointment, did anyone on here get a single announcement they were hoping for?

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

I'm super hyped about a few of the titles Nintendo showed, namely Metroid Dread. Still a disappointing E3 overall, tho.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Mostly: BotW 2 footage, SMT V gameplay and release date, Metroid Dread, Halo Infinite multiplayer info, unexpected awesomeness like Redfall, Starfield console exclusivity, Game Pass getting more cool games.

Only thing I didn't get was a new Fire Emblem announcement.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

No cringe. Only reason watch.

Just boring.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

No,I wanted a flute player

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#7  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Didn't hope for anything, so I'm generally content with what I got. Forza Horizon 5 and Psychonauts 2 are all I need, but I also got a bunch of new interesting indies on my wishlist, so I'd say I had a good haul.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#8 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

Well, since 3 or 4 years before this one there was always a constant in my wish list for an E3 and it was a new Advance Wars, I didn't get a new one, but the remaster is a spark of hope for a new one.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

No

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

MS making cows whine, yup.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Biggest miss for me was no word of part two of FF7R… didn’t mind the episodic content when it was announced, but if there is going to be 3-4 years between each episode I am out:/

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

While the rumors of a so-called Switch "Pro" did not come to pass on this year's E3 which somewhat disappoints me (and proves why I should never have high expectations over rumors that are not confirmed by Nintendo), I am at least satisfied that I was able to learn more about the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, such as its 2022 release date. I want to learn more about the game from now to its official release date.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@Telekill: Microsoft had a fantastic show, so I'm not disappointed. I also like what I saw from Nintendo.

I don't care about Sony, so I didn't miss them skipping it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I got Elden Ring gameplay. Of course i got everything i've ever hoped for.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Yeah I got plenty of stuff to look forward to so happy enough about this year’s E3. There was some stuff that I was really hoping to see that didn’t show up though.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

From Xbox, IMO if you went into this show expecting to see Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark, or Elder Scrolls, then you purposefully went in looking to be "disappointed" and pretend-outraged. They have fully laid out their roadmap for the next 3 years and they still have many developers unaccounted for.

That said, Forza Horizon 5 looks awesome, so I am not worried about Fable. Back4Blood in Gamepass is awesome as many of the dozens of other day one games announced for GamePass. There are currently 7 games on the coming soon page, 5 of which coming in the next 5 months, that I intend to play.

Just to put in perspective, each month for the next 5 months GamePass is getting Flight Simulator, PsychoNauts 2, Hades, The Ascent, Back4Blood and Forza Horizon 5. Those games are $295 seperately. Gamepass has more than justified its price for the whole year.

Im currently 13 hours into Yakuza Like a Dragon from GamePass. I almost bought that game a week ago, but I said "let me wait until E3". If you're a Playstation only gamer or are still skeptical of GamePass at this late stage in the game, or are otherwise just allergic to the Xbox ecosystem, your resolve is going to be tested this gen. You will be taxed for your fanboyism.

The biggest dissapointment for me, was Arcane Studios. The fact that Arkane Austin and Arcane Lyon, both studios from the only active Immersive Sim developer right now, are not making Immersive Sims.

When I heard that "project omen" was being developed by the prey team, I was expecting Prey/Dishonored with vampires. Nope. A Co-op live service zombie vampire shooter. That was the biggest letdown.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

I got forza horizon 5. I’m good.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Not really. Most of it failed to evoke any excitement in me. But there were things I'm looking forward to, and I game to game - not watch shows about gaming, so I'm good.

TBH my biggest disappointment was learning how far off Hellblade 2 is.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

Yes and no... Mostly no.

I don't necessarily believe the exciting game liks botw2 and starfield are close to release or will meet their release dates windows.

Metroid, elden ring and forza were the best games I saw because the showed gameplay.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

I wanted Psychonauts 2 drop during E3 and it didn't. 😥 But, it has release date. 😊

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

E3 is never as good as I'm hoping it will be. That said, I think it will be pretty good in about 2 years.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rmpumper  Online
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

Expected nothing. Was not disappointed.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Yes and no... overall I'm pretty satisfied, but there were a couple of announcements/ showings I was hoping for that I thought were a good chance. Those being a Wolfenstein 3 announcement, Hellblade 2 gameplay, a New 3D Mario, a Zelda Anniversary collection, Bayonetta 3 gameplay and more Halo Infinite campaign gameplay.

But still, overall I'm satisfied. Especially as a Gamepass subscriber.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The worst E3 for a long time.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

From Xbox, IMO if you went into this show expecting to see Avowed, Fable, Perfect Dark, or Elder Scrolls, then you purposefully went in looking to be "disappointed" and pretend-outraged. They have fully laid out their roadmap for the next 3 years and they still have many developers unaccounted for.

That said, Forza Horizon 5 looks awesome, so I am not worried about Fable. Back4Blood in Gamepass is awesome as many of the dozens of other day one games announced for GamePass. There are currently 7 games on the coming soon page, 5 of which coming in the next 5 months, that I intend to play.

Just to put in perspective, each month for the next 5 months GamePass is getting Flight Simulator, PsychoNauts 2, Hades, The Ascent, Back4Blood and Forza Horizon 5. Those games are $295 seperately. Gamepass has more than justified its price for the whole year.

Im currently 13 hours into Yakuza Like a Dragon from GamePass. I almost bought that game a week ago, but I said "let me wait until E3". If you're a Playstation only gamer or are still skeptical of GamePass at this late stage in the game, or are otherwise just allergic to the Xbox ecosystem, your resolve is going to be tested this gen. You will be taxed for your fanboyism.

The biggest dissapointment for me, was Arcane Studios. The fact that Arkane Austin and Arcane Lyon, both studios from the only active Immersive Sim developer right now, are not making Immersive Sims.

When I heard that "project omen" was being developed by the prey team, I was expecting Prey/Dishonored with vampires. Nope. A Co-op live service zombie vampire shooter. That was the biggest letdown.

People shouldn't expect to see any Perfect Dark for quite some time. Last I heard it was in the early stages and covid has slowed development down too.

I think that more people should have talked, but the important thing for me is that there is a lot of games and new ips coming. As a show, it wasn't great, but that's not as important.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I thought it was very poor. The industry seems to be out of ideas. The main area of innovation is how to package very familiar mechanics in a live structure. That doesn’t excite me.

VR is where something interesting can happen. But that had no presence at all.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17814 Posts

Mostly yes. I asked for a surprise and i got 3.

1) Metroid Dread. No one saw it coming. I hadn't heard the name in years. i thought it was a fan fic project way back when :S. I thought mercury systems did a good job with the 3DS game so fingers crossed.

2) Advance wars. I had no idea nintendo were even looking at this. i never played 1 and 2.

3) New Mario and rabbids. looks interesting too and i got a chuckle out of what i saw. i suspected they werent going to just have that as a one off since the original sold quite well but i didnt expect to see a new one this year.

So yeah. some surprises which was nice. Nintendo are usually good at the ol curve ball (ubisoft used to be too...come back old ubisoft :( ). it may not be the curve ball everyone wants. it may even annoy many. but they do it anyway.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I got what I wanted for Xbox the rest was terrible.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

E3 2021 disappoints, its the first E3 in a while that dont have megaton news cause many announcements we either already knew is in development or skippable nintendo stuff. I did still came away with Tales of Arise gameplay. The game looks absolutely amazing and still seems like it kept some ps2 crap fetch quests and item gathering from Xillia, Zestiria and onwards... ouch...

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#30 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Wanted to see SoD 3 game play and curious about hearing info about Gears 6? But overall a pretty good E3 in my opinion.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

It was a really big dud until the Nintendo direct dropped the Metroid Dread bomb shell.

That has to be the biggest E3 announcement since Shenmue 3.

It's the first time I felt the thrill of the E3 hype in such a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@Pikminmaniac: "That has to be the biggest E3 announcement since Shenmue 3."

It looks to have about the same quality too.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1237 Posts

I had 0 expectations and hopes really well except for maybe a new Ninja Gaiden announcement ... will have to settle for the game where the dude wants to f*** chaos or w/e.

I'm hoping Shadow Warrior 3 turns out good. Didn't actually watch any of the new footage though. Babylon's Fall was on my radar but it looked pretty underwhelming.

It's cool that Psychonauts 2 is finally coming out soon and I'll give FH5 a spin .

Pretty unimpressive overall.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@Pikminmaniac: "That has to be the biggest E3 announcement since Shenmue 3."

It looks to have about the same quality too.

If Yoshio Sakamoto's and Mercury Steam's previous Metroid game is any indication, Dread is going to be absolutely phenomenal. You can't bring my hype down.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11279 Posts

I got Elden Ring. It is all I could ever hope for.

*Cries in MGS6 never gonna happen*

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Yes. Nintendo is making Nintendo games and releasing many of them this year. Halo Infinite looks better than last year, Psychonauts 2 is actually coming out, and I'm planning on getting a Series X at some point this year.

I already have a PS5, and Sony makes good games, so I didn't need a conference to confirm that.

I typically purchase all three consoles during generations and was mainly looking for Microsoft to give me a reason to want their $500 plastic box, and they definitely did that for me. Time will tell if they deliver; my Xbox One collected a whole lot of dust.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

lol no not even close. No Tony hawk 3-4 remake, no news on Gotham knights/SS/lego Star Wars Skywalker sage, no new DK or Oot, MM HD, no BOTW gameplay and its not this year and on top of that very few good surprise at all e3 is dead. Nothing on forspoken and also no new Tomb raider.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

Not even close, but that's to be expected from this modern world of gaming.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I didn't have any expectations so it was mostly a wash. Metroid Dread being real shocked me though, and so it's the first Nintendo game I've been excited to play in a long time. Oh, and I guess there was Monkey Ball, but we've known for a year that was coming.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

Last good e3 was 2018 has 19 sucked and this year sucked and of course we had no e3 in 2020.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

I expected a great show from Microsoft and they certainly delivered. So many games to look forward to and Gamepass just gets more and more appealing. Ubisoft's show was okay. But the rest of E3 was shockingly boring.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Bit bummed, honestly.

STALKER 2 was of my primary interest, and the trailer gives me nothing but concerns. I’d generally be pumped for a new 2D Metroid, but the bar has been raised for 2D platformers, and Dread doesn‘t catch my eye in the slightest aside from how uninspired it appears. As much as I’d like to, I can’t force myself to be excited for it.

Advance Wars remake was a pleasant surprise, though. Will be picking that up most likely.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

When Sony announces Socom,then I'll be happy.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

Sure, there was a big surprise (Metroid Dread), smaller surprises (Advance Wars, Mario+Rabbids 2), and release dates for some long-awaited games (SMT5, Psychonauts 2).

I've already pre-purchased three games from the show, and I'm bound to buy a whole lot more over the next 12 months. So I'd say that's a fairly successful E3.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

stalker 2 was the big one for me, looks really promising. was surprised to see it shown second after starfield, hopefully an indicator of its calibre and the importance ms are placing on it. i'm not one of these who thinks it needs to be uncompromisingly faithful to the original(s) to be great. mods saved the original stalker, there was loads of room for improvement, combat being one aspect in particular in need of some polish. visually it was stunning.

bit disappointed with redfall tbh but i kind of get what arkane are going for with it, and deathloop to a degree. feels like an attempt to make immersive sims more accessible. retain the same ingenuity of level design and mechanics as a dishonored or prey but package with broader mainstream appeal. will reserve judgement until i see more info

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#46 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

I expected nothing, but got:

-Mario + Rabbids II

-Kazuya Mishima in Smash Bros. (Now we have Capcom vs SNK vs Namco vs Nintendo)

-Metroid Dread (hell, the fact that game exists AT ALL after all these years)

-Redfall seems exciting