Did you enjoy The Evil Within? Are you picking up Part 2(Got 8 on GS)?

• 63 results
slayerjman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By slayerjman
Member since 2017 • 11 Posts

Yeah I played the first one and loved it. It hit all the right points in a survival horror game for me with the limited ammo/ upgrades/ atmosphere etc. Can't wait to pick up TEW 2 tonight.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Half an hour of cutscenes and still no gameplay

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Playing it currently lol.It starts from Chapter 3 after you reach Safe House, side quests, main quests, save points, Stat and Weapon upgrades all opens up :P

Have patience heHe

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1479 Posts

I'm playing it right now.

Nightmare isn't a joke, theres barely any ammo and enemies are so hard to get headshots on cos they spaz out the moment they see you. The stealth mechanics are a lot better though.

Not a fan of Sebastian having to monologue after everything that happens, ruins the atmosphere a bit.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 indzman

@moistcarrot said:

Nightmare isn't a joke, theres barely any ammo and enemies are so hard to get headshots on cos they spaz out the moment they see you. The stealth mechanics are a lot better though.

Not a fan of Sebastian having to monologue after everything that happens, ruins the atmosphere a bit.

Hello.

Where you find High Grade Weapon Parts in Chapter 3, not gun parts BTW? Not finding any info on it on net :(

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

LIked the first one, so will definitely pick this up at some point, have to much to play atm though...

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1479 Posts

@indzman said:
@moistcarrot said:

Hello.

Where you find High Grade Weapon Parts in Chapter 3, not gun parts BTW? Not finding any info on it on net :(

Dunno m8, haven't even found the parts for the broken sniper yet.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#57 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

very disappointed by the departure from grim grey and white look of the first game to this rainbow color plate ... it still looks fun tho

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#58 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I enjoyed the first, but haven't really decided whether or not I want to get this game now. There's just far too much coming out, and some games are unfortunately not going to make my schedule.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

The first its mediocre i dont like it i buy evil within 2 after the price drop

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 indzman

Damn, the ammo pouches are very hard to find lol.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#61 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I loved the first one and will be picking this one up soon.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

Played a bit, I like it so far. Doing some sidequest before I complete chapter 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I really liked the first one, yeah and preordered the second which is rare, I don't preorder games usually, it is rare, and mostly to show all the kind of support I can for certain kinds of games to continue being made.

I finished the second one fairly fast, pretty addictive.. I am uncertain if I preferred the second though, I think the first one had more atmosphere and better pacing with peaks and valleys. The second one, starts good, but I should have chosen a higher difficulty I think, as from the halfway point I just tanked most things, with an upgraded shotgun, and a focus on creating shells, with a certain handgun as backup. It did kind of take something away from the game.

But I strongly suggest everyone to take all side quests, they are really worth it.

But In general I liked the characters better in TEW1 over 2, as it feels they went way more into the B-movie feel. Heck I almost waited for Cas to cry out "Hail to the king, baby!" at some points. But I can not fault the gameplay, and certain enemies were pure brilliance, of which I would wish there were more of. I love the atmosphere of the first half of the first part. And the first half of the second has certain charms of their own. But the second half of both did get a fair bit more shooty (well my fault really I suppose, the game allowed it, and I ran with it).

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#64  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Half an hour of cutscenes and still no gameplay

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I love the cut scenes in videogames