Did microsoft play all their cards too eary?

• 83 results
Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Did microsoft play all their cards too eary? (43 votes)

Yes, all they have is halo and forza, and those are already getting old and they’re out 33%
No, i like other random games 33%
Toilet reference 35%

They already dropped halo and forza, honestly what do they have left? Random updated to flight simulator which flopped?

• 
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

@StrongDeadlift: @blessedbyhorus: Xbox ain't playing around this generation!

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13040 Posts

@hardwenzen: good one 👊

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:

@hardwenzen:

“Can you play GoW2 on PC?”

The answer:

YES 👍

That's not playing. You might as well "play" the game on twitch or youtube if that's what you consider as playing.

Well, with Sony movie games, you might as well play them on twitch or youtube. At least you'd be spared the QTEs.

That said, if you have a good enough internet connection, it's really no problem. I have fibre broadband. It has 3-4ms ping and a decent bandwidth. For me cloud gaming is not an issue. It's only retro games which you need to be wary of, because 2D games from the past rely on 1 to 1 instant response from button press to action. Modern games are not nearly that precise. Even fighters are not as demanding as they used to be. You can't stream SF2 or SF3, but you can do a decent job with SF4 or SF5.

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Yeah but all those games are available on the PS4 and right now are hopes and dreams away. So what's the rush? So yeah, it's ironic.

Not all of them are on the PS4, and why exactly would you be playing a masterpiece like that is sub 30fps and inferior visuals?

Well people don't seem to want Returnal. Too much gameplay for the average PS gamer or something.

30fps is fine for movie games. Films are usually 24fps, so you're really getting that cinematic experience on the PS4.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39270 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: Sony "movies", the ones that are contantly winning GOTY? If they're not worth playing, and watching on youtube is enough, imagine the state of MS exclusives, the ones that never win anything🤷‍♂️

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@hardwenzen said:

@HalcyonScarlet: Sony "movies", the ones that are contantly winning GOTY? If they're not worth playing, and watching on youtube is enough, imagine the state of MS exclusives, the ones that never win anything🤷‍♂️

They're not winning for gameplay. They're winning for that whole package with story and cinematic. But is that impressive? These same people considered 2005s GoW a good game. This is after DMC from 2001 and NG from 2004. GoW is a pile of shit to play and these same critics thought that was awesome. You can play the others today as if they were just released.

It's an indictment of the games industry today that abomination movie games are considered better than actual games. Forget MS exclusives, what about Nintendo and all those PC and 3rd party games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

They're not winning for gameplay. They're winning for that whole package with story and cinematic. But is that impressive? These same people considered 2005s GoW a good game. This is after DMC from 2001 and NG from 2004. GoW is a pile of shit to play and these same critics thought that was awesome. You can play the others today as if they were just released.

It's an indictment of the games industry today that abomination movie games are considered better than actual games. Forget MS exclusives, what about Nintendo and all those PC and 3rd party games.

If that was the case, Fromsoft wouldn't be constantly winning, and they will win in 2022 as well.🤷‍♂️You're just telling yourself something wrong until you believe it lol. A good game is a good game. Its not anyone's fault that MS (halo infinite) CAN'T even deliver the whole package that you're referring to.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

If that was the case, Fromsoft wouldn't be constantly winning, and they will win in 2022 as well.🤷‍♂️You're just telling yourself something wrong until you believe it lol. A good game is a good game. Its not anyone's fault that MS (halo infinite) CAN'T even deliver the whole package that you're referring to.

I'm not impatient over Halo Infinite. They're delivering it over Gamepass and so far it's been good quality. Shows that 343i are starting to go in the right direction and become quite good.

For me I look at the scores and reviews and think about them as indications of how a studio is doing. So I celebrate Deathloop because it showed how good Arkane is. And the quality of Halo Infinite to me shows that 343i can do better now.

It's interesting how cows don't appreciate what 343i do, but somehow think the completely unproven Bluepoint Studios who only ever remake and remaster and do collections, will somehow be amazing at actually developing a game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet: You can look at what you want. But denying the fact that custom games are barebones, forge is missing for what might be a year plus, coop is missing for what might be a year plus, open world is more static than games released in 2001, all interiors in the campaign look like copy/pasted assets, doesn't support full screen on pc, pvp has no content and nothing to grind above Onyx, etc, etc, etc. For what's on offer here, even if the multiplayer wasn't F2P, we're looking at a $39.99 game, but the actual game doesn't even include the multiplayer because its free, and they are still charging $60??? What the hell kind of bullshit is this?

Maybe if you lems were more vocal, you wouldn't be getting this kind of experiences. But its on gamepass, so lets close our eyes on a "contentless" game and enjoy it for what it is.

If i was still into halo like a was from 2001 to 2007, i'd be bitchin' n moaning to the highest of levels.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:

@HalcyonScarlet: You can look at what you want. But denying the fact that custom games are barebones, forge is missing for what might be a year plus, coop is missing for what might be a year plus, open world is more static than games released in 2001, all interiors in the campaign look like copy/pasted assets, doesn't support full screen on pc, pvp has no content and nothing to grind above Onyx, etc, etc, etc. For what's on offer here, even if the multiplayer wasn't F2P, we're looking at a $39.99 game, but the actual game doesn't even include the multiplayer because its free, and they are still charging $60??? What the hell kind of bullshit is this?

Maybe if you lems were more vocal, you wouldn't be getting this kind of experiences. But its on gamepass, so lets close our eyes on a "contentless" game and enjoy it for what it is.

If i was still into halo like a was from 2001 to 2007, i'd be bitchin' n moaning to the highest of levels.

Co-op is supposed to be coming in a few months.

It's the kind of bullshit where you can play it for $1.

Yet cows are high fiving Sony for charging $70 per game that usually doesn't even include multiplayer because Sony doesn't even make multiplayer games.

Yes lol. If they want to give me parts of the game slower while not charging me for it, I'm not going to complain. :-S

You have to be trying really hard if you have to cling to the cost of the game, that people don't even have to pay in order to play it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet: At first the coop was supposed to be day one. Then the coop was 3 months after launch. When we approached release, it became six months. When we will approach 6 months, it'll be 9-12months. This is how 343i works.

"You have to be trying really hard if you have to cling to the cost of the game, that people don't even have to pay in order to play it."

And that is the only reason why this game got the scores that it did. GP is an excuse for an unfinished product. Better got used to it, most MS exclusives will be launching in this state. Game Pass should be renamed to Early Access Pass.🤷‍♂️

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 KvallyX

@hardwenzen: You are not in the “we”.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:

I remember you damage controlling coop being "only 90 days after launch". I don't see you damage controlling it anymore because even you don't know how long it will take this company to release what was supposed to be available on day one.🤷‍♂️Hard times.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:

@HalcyonScarlet: At first the coop was supposed to be day one. Then the coop was 3 months after launch. When we approached release, it became six months. When we will approach 6 months, it'll be 9-12months. This is how 343i works.

"You have to be trying really hard if you have to cling to the cost of the game, that people don't even have to pay in order to play it."

And that is the only reason why this game got the scores that it did. GP is an excuse for an unfinished product. Better got used to it, most MS exclusives will be launching in this state. Game Pass should be renamed to Early Access Pass.🤷‍♂️

Absolutely no indication or proof of this.

So I'm supposed to be mad that MS offered me a game to play AT NO EXTRA COST, instead of waiting until the whole package was complete. Even though most people don't even play the same modes.

A lot of people who play multiplayer don't care about the single player, that's why a lot of multiplayer shooters don't even have a single player now. A lot of people who play the single player weren't going to play it on co-op. So when they have the option to release these modes as development completes and as they become available because of Gamepass, they're supposed to withhold the entire package because Sony fanboys, who were never going to play it, are complaining and because of game industry norms?

It makes no sense.

I don't give a shit that they're staggering release of modes. It might work out better, improving the quality of each mode, as there's less pressure to rush each component of the game for a needless package release. So 343i developers should be forced to go through "crunch" to get a product out as a package that doesn't even need to be a package, to suit people who are complaining that are never going to play the product?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:

I remember you damage controlling coop being "only 90 days after launch". I don't see you damage controlling it anymore because even you don't know how long it will take this company to release what was supposed to be available on day one.🤷‍♂️Hard times.

Nah. I have finished the game, which took 48 hours with side quests and collectibles. Still needs 5 skulls and some audio logs though. I am looking forward to their next campaign DLC. Co-op hasn't even phased me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet: It makes perfect sense. If this is how they treat their flagship title, imagine what their less important titles are gonna be like. You want a complete experience? Buy a Sony made game. You want a cheap live-service title that launches unfinished? You aim for Microsoft exclusives. This is pretty much how it'll be throughout this generation. And since "its cheap", nobody has the ballz to criticize gamepass titles.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

Forza is close to an annual franchise... I'm expecting more annual rotation of Motorsport/Horizon. Motorsport has had a few years to prep for the next gen and I'm sure it's coming this year.

Halo Infinite they made sound like this would be the only Halo game this gen and would be receiving many content updates throughout the gen. I'm hoping that's true.

A basic google search, or the memes above, will give you an idea of what mostly to expect 2022-2024.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:

@HalcyonScarlet: It makes perfect sense. If this is how they treat their flagship title, imagine what their less important titles are gonna be like. You want a complete experience? Buy a Sony made game. You want a cheap live-service title that launches unfinished? You aim for Microsoft exclusives. This is pretty much how it'll be throughout this generation. And since "its cheap", nobody has the ballz to criticize gamepass titles.

But I don't want a complete experience. I just told you that.

And if I like multiplayer I'm going to buy a Sony game? With a lot of their games, work is fmvs and the rest is more often than not linear gameplay, they aren't that ambitious or complex with features or modes that anything would be staggered. They spend more time on the quality of graphics. Which is all fine.

But then they charge $70 for that, so for sure they'd better offer you everything day one. And is it even worth it? Some were saying Ratchet can be completed in 5-8hrs.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

And if I like multiplayer I'm going to buy a Sony game? With a lot of their games, work is fmvs and the rest is more often than not linear gameplay, they aren't that ambitious or complex with features or modes that anything would be staggered. They spend more time on the quality of graphics. Which is all fine.

But then they charge $70 for that, so for sure they'd better offer you everything day one. And is it even worth it? Some were saying Ratchet can be completed in 5-8hrs.

And Ratchet is not a good example of a quality Sony game.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

I know this is a troll thread but holy shit the more I think about it...

You release your heavy hitters asap to get people on board with your new product. Should Nintendo have held onto Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey and not released them in the first year of Switch's life to attract consumers? Like what are you talking about?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10629 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

@x_hedon: Meanwhile, Sony has no announced games for PS5 outside of 3 PS4 games this year, a Spiderman game next year, and a Wolverine game in 2025, which is being developed by the Miles Morales team (who literally just began pre-production on the game last january lol).

Xbox has shown you most of its roadmap for the next 3 years, and there are still plenty of things unaccounted for. All of Playstation's developers have released a large project in the last 2-3 years and their games take 5 years to make.

Playstation guys, you need to sit all the way down.

So, you can’t play FH5, or Halo Infinite on the x1?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

I don't know. You should do some more research and get back to us on that.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

But they charged $70, no?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 hardwenzen

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:

But they charged $70, no?

I am not gonna defend the price, but at least they used assets and animations that don't look like they're from 2011.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

@HalcyonScarlet: You want a complete experience? Buy a Sony made game.

No, you don't want a Sony made game if you want a complete experience. Still waiting on TLOU2's promised multiplayer that was to be at launch, then got removed and delayed and made F2P....whenever it does come out. Gran Turismo Sport was empty and had no campaign at launch and was an incomplete experience until years later.

Which really pisses me off actually. If we can't trust Sony to release complete games for $70.00, then why are we even buying their games?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

No, you don't want a Sony made game if you want a complete experience. Still waiting on TLOU2's promised multiplayer that was to be at launch, then got removed and delayed and made F2P....whenever it does come out. Gran Turismo Sport was empty and had no campaign at launch and was an incomplete experience until years later.

Which really pisses me off actually. If we can't trust Sony to release complete games for $70.00, then why are we even buying their games?

Nobody promissed any multiplayer. The singleplayer was longer than all MS exclusives released in the last few years. TLOU2 offer more and waaaaaaay better polished compaign than anything we've seen from MS.

You want a polished, complete experience? You buy Sony and Sony only. You want cheap shit? Rent incomplete titles off of Gamepass. Its that simple.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

Nobody promissed any multiplayer. The singleplayer was longer than all MS exclusives released in the last few years. TLOU2 offer more and waaaaaaay better polished compaign than anything we've seen from MS.

You want a polished, complete experience? You buy Sony and Sony only. You want cheap shit? Rent incomplete titles off of Gamepass. Its that simple.

They did promise it, and they had it in TLOU1.

If I want to buy polished complete games only, Sony games would NOT qualify. TLOU2 campaign was a complete disaster and the game was released half baked and was riddled with bugs.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

If I want to buy polished complete games only, Sony games would NOT qualify. TLOU2 campaign was a complete disaster and the game was released half baked and was riddled with bugs.

Nono, don't try to make stuff up. Some articles being written about a rumor or expectation is not a promise from ND. TLOU1 having it has nothing to do with TLOU2 guaranteeing it being in the game, especially when the campaign was twice as long in TLOU2 compared to the original.

TLOU2 was more polished than anything created by Microsoft in the last 20 years.🤷‍♂️

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

Nono, don't try to make stuff up. Some articles being written about a rumor or expectation is not a promise from ND. TLOU1 having it has nothing to do with TLOU2 guaranteeing it being in the game, especially when the campaign was twice as long in TLOU2 compared to the original.

TLOU2 was more polished than anything created by Microsoft in the last 20 years.🤷‍♂️

We wish TLOU2 was that polished, and sadly it wasn't. It was riddled with bugs :( And hopefully ND makes up for their promise of having MP in TLOU2 by releasing a healthy F2P with a ton of free content for TLOU2 owners and an apology.

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-last-of-us-part-2s-bringing-back-factions-multiplayer-and-its-a-great-chance-to-fix-what-went-wrong/

The Last of Us 2will bring back the first game's multiplayer mode

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-of-us-2-has-multiplayer-naughty-dog-confi/1100-6459784/

The original The Last of Us shipped with a multiplayer portion named Factions, which ended up being a surprise hit. But until now there had been no indication about whether the PS4-exclusive sequel, The Last of Us: Part II, would follow suit. However developer Naughty Dog has now confirmed the game will indeed see the return of the popular Factions Mode.

"Factions is coming back," co-director Anthony Newman said in an interview with GameSpot. Fellow co-director Kurt Margenau continued: "Multiplayer is coming back. We're not going to talk details yet about what form that takes, but we can confirm there will be multiplayer.

Then a year later, they pulled it :(

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 BlessedbyHorus
Member since 2010 • 189 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@StrongDeadlift: @blessedbyhorus: Xbox ain't playing around this generation!

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hardwenzen

@x_hedon: So they told you that its not coming and you're still expecting it?🤦‍♂️They told you in bold text that its not coming with the game.

They gave you a game that has the best rope physics in the gaming industry. They gave you the game with best animations in the gaming industry. They gave you the game with the best glass physics in the whole gaming industry. Extremely polished from the beginning to the end.

It ain't random MS wants a TLOU2 style game real bad.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

@x_hedon: So they told you that its not coming and you're still expecting it?🤦‍♂️They told you in bold text that its not coming with the game.

They gave you a game that has the best rope physics in the gaming industry. They gave you the game with best animations in the gaming industry. They gave you the game with the best glass physics in the whole gaming industry. Extremely polished from the beginning to the end.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said: