DF Soul Calibur 6 - X = PC's Ultra settings, 60 fps and 77% higher res than PS4 Pro, beast mode engaged!

• 119 results
Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I see the Cows are avoiding this thread! ?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

I've been waiting for Digital Foundry to make a video because the Internet is oddly lacking good articles talking about performance for SCVI and what's this, base Xbox One runs at 720p? Now that's a damn shame! Playing SCVI on PC with my Xbox Elite controller. I win :)

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xhawk27

@davillain- said:

I've been waiting for Digital Foundry to make a video because the Internet is oddly lacking good articles talking about performance for SCVI and what's this, base Xbox One runs at 720p? Now that's a damn shame! Playing SCVI on PC with my Xbox Elite controller. I win :)

The X version is 1440p the same resolution that most PC gamers claim to be the best right now.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

1080p on the PRO? Really?? smh

i was originally going to get this on the PRO but F*ck that. Looks like i'll be getting it on the PC

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:

The X version is 1440p the same resolution that most PC gamers claim to be the best right now.

How can anyone claim any resolution is best? Objectively, 4k is the best resolution, unless we're talking about the FPS advantages of ultrawide.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

1440p??????

True, uncompromised 4K...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:

Xbox One X may have the upper hand over PS4/Pro but the Xbox Fighting Community will always be second-rate. PS4/Pro Fighting Community on the other hand is larger. If you really don't care for larger community, then go with Xbox One X version.

PC version on the other hand has 4K & Mods.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

All versions run good, that's all that matters. 1080p on the Pro is kind of sad.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

All of them seems like they scaled down from there normal outcomes in logical order, from 720p to 1440p. Even pc not fully 4k.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I had to unfortunately pass on this game, but I will try to get it during the holidays. Good to know about the X's strong performance.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xhawk27

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@xhawk27 said:
@davillain- said:

How can anyone claim any resolution is best? Objectively, 4k is the best resolution, unless we're talking about the FPS advantages of ultrawide.

Yeah of course 4k is the best but at what cost? Most PC gamers don't have rigs that can run all games at 4k at max settings.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

1440p??????

This is what they're bragging about? Why do lems make threads like these?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xhawk27

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@goldenelementxl said:

1440p??????

This is what they're bragging about? Why do lems make threads like these?

The Pro is only 1080p. ?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Monster Box X comes through again.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

1440p??????

Does TC even understand the 4k difference?

who is going to put up with 1440p?!

@Xplode_games said:

you need a device that outputs to the 4k television at ***NATIVE*** 4k. If you send out a lesser image and make the display stretch it to fit the screen it won't look 4k. It will look soft and there is a huge difference.

Think of this, the X runs the vast majority of games at full native 4k resolution. That's something cows just aren't capable of comprehending because with their bias they think checkerboard and upscaled 1440p is the same thing. LOL!

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@drlostrib: i'd say rekt, but the tc doesn't care about being right

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kenshiro3948
Member since 2018 • 406 Posts

Graphics

4K > 1440p.

PC > XB1X.

Fighting Game Community

PS4 >> PC >= XB1X

The XB1X version is not equal to the PC version because the PC version can actually run at 4K.

I own the PC version and it's the best looking version because I can actually play it in 4K and it has mods. I also own the PS4 version because the PS4 community is bigger and better when it comes to fighting games. Get the PC version if you care about having the best graphics and mods and get the PS4 version if you care about the community. Don't even bother with the Xbox version unless you have no other choice or you're a masochist, it has no true advantages over the other versions.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Guess which version will sell more?

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kenshiro3948
@needhealing said:

I think he knows. This thread is a damage control thread for Spider-Man and PS4 wrecking everything in September NPD.

PS4 has the best community for fighting games and most people will buy the PS4 version. Every true fighting game fan knows that community > graphics. This game will be dead or on life support on Xbox in no time.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Needhealing

@kenshiro3948 said:
@needhealing said:

I think he knows. This thread is a damage control thread for Spider-Man and PS4 wrecking everything in September NPD.

PS4 has the best community for fighting games and most people will buy the PS4 version. Every true fighting game fan knows that community > graphics. This game will be dead or on life support on Xbox in no time.

The fact that any true fighting gamer would even bother to buy this game for the PC is gross. But yes I agree. The melt is so big for both hermits and lemmings.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kenshiro3948
@needhealing said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@needhealing said:

The fact that any true fighting gamerwould even bother to buy this game for the PC is gross. But yes I agree. The melt is so big for both hermits and lemmings.

I like mods and PC version is the only version that will get mods. You have to be honest, the modding potential for a SC game is huge. It's also the only version that runs the game at 4K so that's a plus for PC gamers. I agree that the best community for a true fighting game fan would be on PS4. The PS4 version will be played at Evo and the competition pool is so much better on Playstation thanks to its size and history with fighting games. These are the reasons I own both the PC and PS4 version.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

TC has gone nuts

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Needhealing

@kenshiro3948 said:
@needhealing said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@needhealing said:

The fact that any true fighting gamerwould even bother to buy this game for the PC is gross. But yes I agree. The melt is so big for both hermits and lemmings.

I like mods and PC version is the only version that will get mods. You have to be honest, the modding potential for a SC game is huge. It's also the only version that runs the game at 4K so that's a plus for PC gamers. I agree that the best community for a true fighting game fan would be on PS4. The PS4 version will be played at Evo and the competition pool is so much better on Playstation thanks to its size and history with fighting games. These are the reasons I own both the PC and PS4 version.

Exactly. If you're a casual peasant then get PC for mods and whatever. If you really want a hardcore experience all the top players are on the PS4. It's essentially casual/noobs vs. pro community.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kenshiro3948
@needhealing said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@needhealing said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@needhealing said:

Exactly. If you're a casual peasant then get PC for mods and whatever. If you really want a hardcore experience all the top players are on the PS4. It's essentially casual/noobs vs. pro community.

True.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Finally they will use the X1X in all the fighting tournaments since it provides the best graphics. All those pro players will have to buy new M$ compatible arcade sticks.

-Said no one ever LOL

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Piss 4 is 3rd place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

It doesn't matter if the X was best version of all time, Ponies and their Cows would just spite it and buy their shitty base PS4 copies and change the narrative to whatever it is that makes PS4 cool. While most who aren't manically extreme, would just buy on their X cause better, you know cause they didn't sign up for the cow cause with blood.

I don't know 1 person who PC games at 4K, maybe some plug into 4KTV but none with a 4K monitor. Most people I know still at 1080, I'm like one of the few with 1440/144 monitors. I'd probably buy this game on Steam, but the arcade stick I plan to buy works with PC/Xbox, so I might just get on Xbox cause that is where I for sure am getting Dead or Alive. Basically it has to be exclusive to just PS4 for me to opt for it over PC. I use to think if I want to Platinum I'd get on PS4, but after using Xbox's Achievement Tracker, I'll likely never chase trophies again.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

That Maxwell Titan, aka a GTX 1070 runs the game at 1728p minimum... But the X runs at 1440p locked... More evidence that the X isn't a 1070. And the X has worse fps performance than the base model? WTF?!?!?!?!

Xbone - 720p

PS4 - 900p

PS4 Pro - 1080p

Xbone X - 1440p

Maybe it's time for new consoles afterall

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kenshiro3948
@saltslasher said:

It doesn't matter if the X was best version of all time, Ponies and their Cows would just spite it and buy their shitty base PS4 copies and change the narrative to whatever it is that makes PS4 cool. While most who aren't manically extreme, would just buy on their X cause better, you know cause they didn't sign up for the cow cause with blood.

I don't know 1 person who PC games at 4K, maybe some plug into 4KTV but none with a 4K monitor. Most people I know still at 1080, I'm like one of the few with 1440/144 monitors. I'd probably buy this game on Steam, but the arcade stick I plan to buy works with PC/Xbox, so I might just get on Xbox cause that is where I for sure am getting Dead or Alive. Basically it has to be exclusive to just PS4 for me to opt for it over PC. I use to think if I want to Platinum I'd get on PS4, but after using Xbox's Achievement Tracker, I'll likely never chase trophies again.

Nobody cares about the Xbox version, it's nothing personal. It has the worst performance and the community for fighting games on XB1 is shite compared to PS4.

If you're thinking about resolution when you're playing a fighting game you're doing it wrong. Stable framerates and quality/size of competition takes priority over superficial crap like a few extra pixels on screen when it comes to fighting games. The fighting game community is one of the most hardcore in gaming and the last thing people are thinking about when preparing for Evo Tournaments is bullshit how many Ps their system is running at the expense of framerates. It's not like the X version is running it at 4K anyway like the PC version so it's still a peasant box when it comes to power.

By the way, I game on a 4K monitor on PC. There aren't many of us but there's still a sizable chunk of the PC gaming community that enjoy gaming in 4K. I'd argue that that size rivals and probably beats the number of people on Xbox with access to a 1X and a 4KTV. You have to remember that the PS4 Pro and 1X make up only a small fraction of these console sales and are extremely niche.

@ocinom said:

Finally they will use the X1X in all the fighting tournaments since it provides the best graphics. All those pro players will have to buy new M$ compatible arcade sticks.

-Said no one ever LOL

Exactly lol.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kenshiro3948
@goldenelementxl said:

That Maxwell Titan, aka a GTX 1070 runs the game at 1728p minimum... But the X runs at 1440p locked... More evidence that the X isn't a 1070. And the X has worse fps performance than the base model? WTF?!?!?!?!

Xbone - 720p

PS4 - 900p

PS4 Pro - 1080p

Xbone X - 1440p

They should have downgraded it to 1080p like the PS4 Pro version. I'd rather have a more stable framerate and slightly worse visuals than worse framerates for the sake of resolution. A stable framerate should take priority over anything else in a fighting game since gameplay is so dependent on quick execution and timing.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Xbone - 720p

PS4 - 900p

PS4 Pro - 1080p

Xbone X - 1440p

1. X wasn't allowed to float beyond the standard 1440p resolution. Resolution selections for console versions are standard resolutions e.g. 720p, 900p, 1080p, 1440p.

2. X still has 32 ROPS bound issues when compared to 64 ROPS GTX 1070. X would still need TMU workaround, but TMUs doesn't have alpha blend functions.

Soul Calibur 6 is different from Killer Instinct Season 3's results i.e. X was able to rival GTX 980 Ti and GTX 1070.

Too bad AMD didn't up-date R9-390X with Vega's improvements e.g. 44 CU (9 TFLOPS) and 64 ROPS with 4MB L2 cache at 1600 Mhz.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

As if this matters. This would look like shit at 4K, too, so don't pretend anyone's winning here.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kenshiro3948
@ronvalencia said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Xbone - 720p

PS4 - 900p

PS4 Pro - 1080p

Xbone X - 1440p

1. X wasn't allowed to float beyond the standard 1440p resolution. Resolution selections for console versions are standard resolutions e.g. 720p, 900p, 1080p, 1440p.

2. X still has 32 ROPS bound issues when compared to 64 ROPS GTX 1070. X would still need TMU workaround, but TMUs doesn't have alpha blend functions.

Soul Calibur 6 is different from Killer Instinct Season 3's results i.e. X was able to rival GTX 980 Ti and GTX 1070.

Untrue. A lot of games on console have run at weird resolutions this gen.

From what I remember Spider-Man runs at 1800p and some other weird resolution on the PS4 Pro. If the X was truly capable of performance like you claim it would have been running at 1440p without performance issues and they would have been able to boost it to 1600p or something. The X is a weak console just like the Pro is, just a little less weak.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I always appreciate seeing a console game run at 60fps.

Geez... I feel like I shouldn't have to say that....

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ronvalencia

@kenshiro3948 said:

Graphics

4K > 1440p.

PC > XB1X.

Fighting Game Community

PS4 >> PC >= XB1X

The XB1X version is not equal to the PC version because the PC version can actually run at 4K.

I own the PC version and it's the best looking version because I can actually play it in 4K and it has mods. I also own the PS4 version because the PS4 community is bigger and better when it comes to fighting games. Get the PC version if you care about having the best graphics and mods and get the PS4 version if you care about the community. Don't even bother with the Xbox version unless you have no other choice or you're a masochist, it has no true advantages over the other versions.

Xbox is MS's solution for Americans being bias towards game consoles despite PC's technical superiority.

Without Xbox in the US, this 48 percent number would be Sony's market share while MS has 23 percent.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Congrats to the butthurt lems. I mean after all that pounding with no Vaseline by God of War, Spider-Man, Horzion 0 DAwn, they can finally get some sleep with this good news about the most poweful store shelf ornament known as the XB1x :( sadly their sold numbers will be lacking next month:(

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kenshiro3948
@ronvalencia said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Graphics

4K > 1440p.

PC > XB1X.

Fighting Game Community

PS4 >> PC >= XB1X

Xbox is MS's solution for Americans being bias towards game consoles despite PC's technical superiority.

It's a good thing the world is bigger than just America. European and Chinese PC gaming market are huge and more than makes up for the difference.

It's the reason they are trying to court PC gamers in a big way this gen.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ronvalencia

@kenshiro3948 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Xbone - 720p

PS4 - 900p

PS4 Pro - 1080p

Xbone X - 1440p

Untrue. A lot of games on console have run at weird resolutions this gen.

From what I remember Spider-Man runs at 1800p and some other weird resolution on the PS4 Pro. If the X was truly capable of performance like you claim it would have been running at 1440p without performance issues and they would have been able to boost it to 1600p or something. The X is a weak console just like the Pro is, just a little less weak.

Devs selected standard resolutions for Soul Calibur 6 game console editions. I'm not arguing about other games.

X's GPU wasn't configured with 64 ROPS like GTX 1070's 64 ROPS and extra work is needed for TMU read/write path instead of ROPS read/write path.

Soul Calibur 6 UE4 has similar results as Tekken 7 UE4 results

Tekken 7 XBO build has 720p which is similar to Soul Calibur 6 XBO's 720p

Tekken 7 PS4 build has 864p which is similar to Soul Calibur 6 PS4's 900p

Tekken 7 PS4 Pro has 1080p which is similar to Soul Calibur 6 PS4 Pro's 1080p

Both Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur 6 uses Unreal Engine 4 and both games are fighting type games enclosed in a small game world.

https://www.justpushstart.com/2018/02/katsuhiro-harada%E2%80%8F-explains-tekken-7-not-4k-xbox-one-x/

Harada replied with a reasonable explanation so to why the game cannot hit 4K. He said: “The spec is enough (Of course TEKKEN7 is 4K compatible with Steam). But it requires a significant update of Unreal (UE version of TK7) for X. With the new hardware, we’ve (got) to change the way access our memory greatly“.

Harada's memory access related statement is similar to Phil Spencer's statements on memory access problems with AMD GPUs i.e. TFLOPS means nothing without memory read/write problems being factored in.

PS4 devs needs to communicate to Sony HQ (and AMD) about this problem for the next PS5 while MS needs to further communicate to AMD about this issue.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kenshiro3948

@ronvalencia: Interesting. But I still don't see why they couldn't run it at 1600p if they really wanted to and the X was as capable as you claim. It's struggling to maintain a constant 60fps even at 1440p, I'd argue for them to even lower the res to 1080p so that they can get 60fps locked since performance trumps resolution in fighting games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#42 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Resolution ain't that big a deal. You'll barely notice it, especially if you're sitting (as you should) several feet back from the TV.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ronvalencia

@kenshiro3948 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Graphics

4K > 1440p.

PC > XB1X.

Fighting Game Community

PS4 >> PC >= XB1X

It's a good thing the world is bigger than just America. European and Chinese PC gaming market are huge and more than makes up for the difference.

It's the reason they are trying to court PC gamers in a big way this gen.

Microsoft is a large company which can support both Xbox and Windows PC depending on location.

Ryzen based game console for PS5 and Xbox.Next are effectively a desktop PC with a normal "fat" X86 CPU.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@kenshiro3948 said:

@ronvalencia: Interesting. But I still don't see why they couldn't run it at 1600p if they really wanted to and the X was as capable as you claim. It's struggling to maintain a constant 60fps even at 1440p, I'd argue for them to even lower the res to 1080p so that they can get 60fps locked since performance trumps resolution in fighting games.

I don't think you know the meaning of this word.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kenshiro3948

@ronvalencia: No arguing with that. MS is a big company and has their hands in different pots.

@Pedro said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Would you define it for me in your own terms? IMO if it's not 60fps locked it's struggling. This is a fighting game we're talking about and 60fps locked should be a priority.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ronvalencia

@kenshiro3948 said:

Configuring 6 TFLOPS GPU with 32 ROPS is crazy. X1X dev kit has 6.6 TFLOPS with 44 CUs being enabled.

GTX 1070 has about 6.5 TFLOPS with 64 ROPS.

AMD has improved X1X's ROPS with 2MB render cache, but still stuck at 32 ROPS.

GTX 1070's ROPS has about 1.7 MB L2 cache with 64 ROPS

Current GPUs has two main read/write paths which are not yet unified and these are

1. ROPS read/write, pixel shader typically uses this read/write path.

2. TMU read/write, compute shader typically uses this read/write path. AMD GPUs are usually competitive with this area relative to NVIDIA's TFLOPS counterparts.

TFLOPS (ALUs) are nothing without read/write units.

Depending on the game's TMU vs ROPS ratio usage, X1X can get close to GTX 1070/GTX 980 Ti as it's best case.

ROPS units include Z-ROP function which is read/write for depth data and color ROPS. Being 3D processor, depth read/write function is very important. Fuking AMD for not scaling Z-ROPS beyond 64 ROPS.

IF the next Polaris 30/RX-590 has 6.926 TFLOPS with 36 CU at 1503 Mhz and 32 ROPS, it's another crazy move. What is AMD thinking?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#47 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@kenshiro3948 said:
@Pedro said:

Would you define it for me in your own terms? IMO if it's not 60fps locked it's struggling. This is a fighting game we're talking about and 60fps locked should be a priority.

So you don't know the meaning of the word.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

It totally doesn't matter that it's worst on PS4, cause PS4 totally has the community with the pros, and you'll be playing only with noobs on the other platforms.

Yeah, PS4 like totally wins and stuff. Derp

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ronvalencia

@davillain- said:

XBO runs Tekken 7 with the same UE4 engine as Soul Calibur 6 at 720p and you expecting higher resolution?

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kenshiro3948
@Pedro said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@Pedro said:

So you don't know the meaning of the word.

What a douchebag. You know what I'm talking about but you choose to stay dumb.

Keep it up.