DF: Halo Reach BC is unplayable on x1

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aq1XrD6RII

Not a good look for M$ to have their flagship game being unplayable through BC. Especially after the broken rush job the collection already was.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

Good thing I didn't pay $15 for Halo: Reach to be backwards compatible.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

At least you don't have to re-buy the game. ;)

I am sure they are going to fix it over the next few months.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Looks like MS cares as much about Halo as everyone else does, now.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NathanDrakeSwag

@xhawk27 said:

Fixing awaits.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

MS is trying very hard to kill Halo as a whole. They will succeed.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/halo-reach-is-not-emulating-very-well-on-xbone-32849955/

Old news. I made a thread on this over a month ago.

It's unfortunate, they should have taken the time to add Reach to the MCC and up the framerate.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

It's been running fine soon enough at least they won't charge you again to play it

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@xhawk27 said:

Fixing awaits.

Better to pay $20 huh? Is that the new cow logic? To hell with free BC, we want to be charged for it.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@Shewgenja:

Kinda the same as Sony caring for their fans by charging for BC when their rivals offer it for free

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NathanDrakeSwag

@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@xhawk27 said:

Fixing awaits.

Better to pay $20 huh? Is that the new cow logic? To hell with free BC, we want to be charged for it.

Now its $20? lol none of them are $20. I just got GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas for $17 last week because they were on sale together. That includes trophy support and up-rendering to 1080p.

If M$ added achievements and 1080p up-rendering to original xbox games you better believe they would be charging.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

What would be great is if all OG Xbox games worked on it like Ps1 games do on Ps3. That's 2 generations apart so games should run smoothly, plus they're both x86.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kingtito

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@xhawk27 said:

Fixing awaits.

Now its $20? lol none of them are $20. I just got GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas for $17 last week because they were on sale together. That includes trophy support and up-rendering to 1080p.

If M$ added achievements and 1080p up-rendering to original xbox games you better believe they would be charging.

I was talking about PSNow but if you'd rather pay 17 for 3 games hahahahahaa that's even worse. Thanks for confirming cows would rather pay for BC than have it for free. Get what you pay for? Is that the motto?

Try to justify it all you like, you'd still rather be charged than to have something for FREE hahahahaa and that's just sad.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Fixing awaits.

I was talking about PSNow but if you'd rather pay 17 for 3 games hahahahahaa that's even worse. Thanks for confirming cows would rather pay for BC than have it for free. Get what you pay for? Is that the motto?

Try to justify it all you like, you'd still rather be charged than to have something for FREE hahahahaa and that's just sad.

PSNow is not the same as BC. Its a streaming service because BC is impossible on PS4 because of the PS3's cell. Streaming actually costs money on Sony's end so of course its not free.

Paying $17 for 3 games is bad? The PS2 versions of those games had trophy support and 1080p up-rendering? That's news to me.

Also I guess you do get what you paid for because you paid nothing and Reach is unplayable.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

In other words MS is telling you to buy a PS4 until they fix their own mess...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kingtito

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Fixing awaits.

PSNow is not the same as BC. Its a streaming service because BC is impossible on PS4 because of the PS3's cell. Streaming actually costs money on Sony's end so of course its not free.

Paying $17 for 3 games is bad? The PS2 versions of those games had trophy support and 1080p up-renedering? That's news to me.

Also I guess you do get what you paid for because you paid nothing and Reach is unplayable.

Keep toting the company line. We know Sony's milking you guys and they'll keep doing it because cows love milk. You'll justify and happily pay.

It's bad to have to PAY for BC on the PS4 and playing on the PS4 is what I'm talking about. Not talking about buying games to play on your PS3 or PS2. MS is GIVING people FREE BC. They're not charging and it takes time AND money for MS to port them over. It's not free for them but at least they're not passing it on down the line like Sony is/would. Eventually the games will get fixed and more games will be added.

Can't complain when it's free and from the start MS said wasn't going to happen. Kind of makes it a bonus, don't you think, and who can be mad at a bonus? Cows probably.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

If I recall don't all xbox 360 games emulated on the xbox one enable vsync. Maybe that is what is causing the inconsistent version for Halo Reach when it's emulated on the xbox one. They need to fix this anyway.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NathanDrakeSwag

@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:

Paying $17 for 3 games is bad? The PS2 versions of those games had trophy support and 1080p up-renedering? That's news to me.

Keep toting the company line. We know Sony's milking you guys and they'll keep doing it because cows love milk. You'll justify and happily pay.

It's bad to have to PAY for BC on the PS4 and playing on the PS4 is what I'm talking about. Not talking about buying games to play on your PS3 or PS2. MS is GIVING people FREE BC. They're not charging and it takes time AND money for MS to port them over. It's not free for them but at least they're not passing it on down the line like Sony is/would. Eventually the games will get fixed and more games will be added.

Can't complain when it's free and from the start MS said wasn't going to happen. Kind of makes it a bonus, don't you think, and who can be mad at a bonus? Cows probably.

Its not BC though. Why are you trying to compare a streaming service and up-rendered PS2 games with trophy support to BC?

And yes you can complain when one of the xbones big bullet point features from last year doesn't work as advertised. You defending a broken feature just because its "free" is shilling. According to M$ BC was supposed to be a system seller for people on the fence about buying a new console and it doesn't work.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@kingtito: You're just as bad as the cows you repeatedly go after like a bulldog. You defend Microsoft nonstop no matter what they do. In this case, poor emulation. Why go after optional merchandise that has been up-resed with trophies when Microsoft's bc requires a purchase or an already purchased disc?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Damn man, at least use news from this year to troll

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NathanDrakeSwag

@mems_1224 said:

The video is from today.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kingtito

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:

Its not BC though. Why are you trying to compare a streaming service and up-rendered PS2 games with trophy support to BC?

And yes you can complain when one of the xbones big bullet point features from last year doesn't work as advertised. You defending a broken feature just because its "free" is shilling. According to M$ BC was supposed to be a system seller for people on the fence about buying a new console and it doesn't work.

MS NEVER promised BC and in fact said it wasn't possible for the longest time. I'm defending a service they're proving for free. A service that was never promised so don't go around making claims to the contrary. The game might have troubles right now but I'm 100% sure they'll fix it. Still though at least they're not charging.

What do you call charging to play last gen games then? Who cares if they added trophy support or if the res gets up scaled on your TV. The games aren't remasters so it's not like it's native 1080p.

You don't have to lie to kick it. MS said PRIOR to this gen, even after it started, BC was NOT possible on the X1. Well, they MADE it possible and guess who's complaining if a game isn't performing perfect......cows. That's hilarious and sad at the same time

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kingtito

@Bigboi500 said:

@kingtito: You're just as bad as the cows you repeatedly go after like a bulldog. You defend Microsoft nonstop no matter what they do. In this case, poor emulation. Why go after optional merchandise that has been up-resed with trophies when Microsoft's bc requires a purchase or an already purchased disc?

I'm ok with that though and see no problem with it. Its not like I'm running around just spamming crap and calling names. Don't like it, don't read it.

Wrong, I correct cows and their obvious false statements. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. We have more than enough cows doing the same for Sony and slamming MS non stop. Say anything to them? Didn't think so.

MS lets you play your existing disc provided it's on the BC list. No need to run out and purchase anything OR pay for a streaming service. It's free YET you cows are slamming it if a game isn't performing right. It'll get fixed BUT at least you're not paying for it.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NathanDrakeSwag

@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:

MS NEVER promised BC and in fact said it wasn't possible for the longest time. I'm defending a service they're proving for free. A service that was never promised so don't go around making claims to the contrary. The game might have troubles right now but I'm 100% sure they'll fix it. Still though at least they're not charging.

What do you call charging to play last gen games then? Who cares if they added trophy support or if the res gets up scaled on your TV. The games aren't remasters so it's not like it's native 1080p.

You don't have to lie to kick it. MS said PRIOR to this gen, even after it started, BC was NOT possible on the X1. Well, they MADE it possible and guess who's complaining if a game isn't performing perfect......cows. That's hilarious and sad at the same time

M$ promised it to buyers last year. They used it as a bullet point system selling feature for holiday buyers to upgrade from 360 and still be able to play their old games. And guess what? They lied because its a half assed feature that doesn't work.

A lot of people care about trophy support and 1080p. Sony has to pay the people who worked on the PS2 games to bring them to PS4 with updated features. This is not direct BC like you are trying to compare it to. I don't see M$ bringing original xbox games to xbone and if they did with achievements and 1080p they would cost the same as the PS2 games.

M$ also said xbone would never be sold without kinect. Only an idiot believes anything they have to say.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mems_1224 said:

The video is from today.

then use sites that aren't 3 months behind everyone else. old news is still old

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@mems_1224: I dont see how you try and argue with these people, they are like the tea party of game forums.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@thedork_knight said:

@Shewgenja:

Kinda the same as Sony caring for their fans by charging for BC when their rivals offer it for free

Lol yeah... but that doesn't matter to Sony arse-lickers like the ones here.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bigboi500

@kingtito said:
@Bigboi500 said:

I'm ok with that though and see no problem with it. Its not like I'm running around just spamming crap and calling names. Don't like it, don't read it.

Wrong, I correct cows and their obvious false statements. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. We have more than enough cows doing the same for Sony and slamming MS non stop. Say anything to them? Didn't think so.

MS lets you play your existing disc provided it's on the BC list. No need to run out and purchase anything OR pay for a streaming service. It's free YET you cows are slamming it if a game isn't performing right. It'll get fixed BUT at least you're not paying for it.

It still requires a prerequisite purchase to begin with. Some people don't own those games, yet they still have to spend $15-$20 for them.

I don't see why you're always so hostile towards people. What the tc posted is not inaccurate. As of right now, the bc for the game is atrocious. You can't deny that.

In the end, we're all consumers who see value in different things. I use both systems and I don't see how anyone could be one-sided about either camp. They both have good and bad elements to them, and they're both optional.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shewgenja

@hrt_rulz01: @thedork_knight:

Aww, look at all this opinion that doesn't matter. Go buy Tomb Raider or something. Oh, wait.. I guess you don't buy consoles for gen 8 games.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#30 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Halo Reach had pretty underwhelming framerate as is on the Xbox 360. Shocking that it could be worse on better hardware, but that's emulation for you. Looks like Microsoft has some pretty big wrinkles to continue to iron out. Luckily, if I feel like playing it, I can plug it into my Xbox 360 which is still hooked up in the bedroom. Interestingly enough, my Xbox 360 gets more usage than my PS4 by a huge margin. Sad, really.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@hrt_rulz01: @thedork_knight:

Aww, look at all this opinion that doesn't matter. Go buy Tomb Raider or something. Oh, wait.. I guess you don't buy consoles for gen 8 games.

Lmao... you're good for a laugh!

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Will they ever let me use my copy of Tenchu Z on Xbone?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kingtito

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:

M$ promised it to buyers last year. They used it as a bullet point system selling feature for holiday buyers to upgrade from 360 and still be able to play their old games. And guess what? They lied because its a half assed feature that doesn't work.

A lot of people care about trophy support and 1080p. Sony has to pay the people who worked on the PS2 games to bring them to PS4 with updated features. This is not direct BC like you are trying to compare it to. I don't see M$ bringing original xbox games to xbone and if they did with achievements and 1080p they would cost the same as the PS2 games.

M$ also said xbone would never be sold without kinect. Only an idiot believes anything they have to say.

They delivered and it wasn't promised at all during or immediately after. MS later said it was coming and no way shape or form did they fail at it. It might be performing as well as DF hoped but can't complain about a free feature...unless you're a cow.

You've tried it? I hear many people say it is working. Lie much?

I don't care about trophy support so I guess going by cow logic that == everyone. MS has to pay someone to work on games to work on the X1 or the devs do. Either way it's not free and requires a lot of work to get the games to work. Guess they should be charging right? They're not though and that sucks huh?

Careful what you say because cows believe EVERYTHING Sony says. Guess that makes them all idiots? BTW MS with Mattrick said it wouldn't. His vision obviously failed due to poor sales compared to the PS4. Moral of the story...don't believe Mattrick.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mems_1224 said:

The video is from today.

But the game was made available in December. Like I've already said, I made a thread on it back then.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/halo-reach-is-not-emulating-very-well-on-xbone-32849955/

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kingtito

@Bigboi500 said:
@kingtito said:
@Bigboi500 said:

It still requires a prerequisite purchase to begin with. Some people don't own those games, yet they still have to spend $15-$20 for them.

I don't see why you're always so hostile towards people. What the tc posted is not inaccurate. As of right now, the bc for the game is atrocious. You can't deny that.

In the end, we're all consumers who see value in different things. I use both systems and I don't see how anyone could be one-sided about either camp. They both have good and bad elements to them, and they're both optional.

Not the point. The point of BC is to play the games you already own but if by chance you missed the game then you can get it cheap and still play it on the new system. It's stupid to say it still requires an initial purchase if the point is to play games you already own.

Atrocious or not, it's a free service provided by MS that wasn't promised to begin with. They're also working on fixing issues with BC AND adding more games. I respond because it's cows that are slamming the service, a service they don't even use.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aq1XrD6RII

Not a good look for M$ to have their flagship game being unplayable through BC. Especially after the broken rush job the collection already was.

Please we all know Digital Foundry is biased.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

So let me get this straight, the XB1 can't run a LAST-GEN game that ran at sub-720p? What the actual ****?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bigboi500

@kingtito said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@kingtito said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Not the point. The point of BC is to play the games you already own but if by chance you missed the game then you can get it cheap and still play it on the new system. It's stupid to say it still requires an initial purchase if the point is to play games you already own.

Atrocious or not, it's a free service provided by MS that wasn't promised to begin with. They're also working on fixing issues with BC AND adding more games. I respond because it's cows that are slamming the service, a service they don't even use.

The point of it all is to find enjoyment in video games, and more options the better. What's stupid, is when someone acts like a dim-witted fanboy 24/7.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@thedork_knight: if BC was that big of a deal ppl would have bought the PS3 up like hot cakes.

And that didn't happen.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@a-new-guardian said:

Will they ever let me use my copy of Tenchu Z on Xbone?

here's a game i wish i had the chance to play when it released.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Locutus_Picard said:

So let me get this straight, the XB1 can't run a LAST-GEN game that ran at sub-720p? What the actual ****?

Xbox 360 is being emulated on Xbox One which has large translation overheads.

JIT(just-in-time) re-complier (i.e. translator) profiling can be tricky for certain programming situations.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

That's nice. At least Microsoft doesn't make you rebuy games you already own to play them on the new console.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@foxhound_fox said:

That's nice. At least Microsoft doesn't make you rebuy games you already own to play them on the new console.

I wasn't aware a company can make you buy anything. Chances are anyone who has a big PS2, PS3 or 360 collection still has a console to play them on too.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 foxhound_fox

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I wasn't aware a company can make you buy anything. Chances are anyone who has a big PS2, PS3 or 360 collection still has a console to play them on too.

If you want to play PS3 games on the PS4, you only have one options: rebuy them.

Sony doesn't give you an option.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NathanDrakeSwag

@foxhound_fox said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

If you want to play PS3 games on the PS4, you only have one options: rebuy them.

Sony doesn't give you an option.

If you want to play playable versions of 360 games you have to play them on 360 because BC on xbone is broken.

If you want to play original xbox games in 1080p with achievements then too bad because its not an option.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

It's funny watching people argue over which BC is less shit.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 foxhound_fox

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

If you want to play playable versions of 360 games you have to play them on 360 because BC on xbone is broken.

If you want to play original xbox games in 1080p with achievements then too bad because its not an option.

That's right, distract from the fact Sony only offers the option to rebuy games you already own.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Shewgenja

@hrt_rulz01: gotta keep it entertaining!

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NathanDrakeSwag

@foxhound_fox said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

That's right, distract from the fact Sony only offers the option to rebuy games you already own.

You're implying everyone already owns every PS2, PS3 or 360 game they want to go back and play. Most people don't collect games.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kingtito

@Bigboi500 said:
@kingtito said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@kingtito said:
@Bigboi500 said:

The point of it all is to find enjoyment in video games, and more options the better. What's stupid, is when someone acts like a dim-witted fanboy 24/7.

Well then I guess you shouldn't be on SWs because you just described a hell of a lot of posters here. Oh and don't talk about options because the only faction here that doesn't like options are cows. They let everyone know it 24/7 but I'm guessing you won't bother saying anything to them.