DF Deveil May Cry 5 Analysis. X "True 4K Ultra HD", Pro "Game outputs $4K, 4k tv required"

  • 63 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for ellos
#1 Posted by ellos (2056 posts) -

Quick summary

Resolution

X Reconstructed 4k, Pro Reconstructed 1800p

Ps4 Native 1080p, Xboxone S Reconstructed 1080p

Perfomance

Pro X comparable on gameplay. Bigger gap for Pro on cutscenes (Its what Sony consoles do best lol).

Base consoles PS4 is the King better then the upgrades when it comes to gameplay 60fps. It has a moment of massive drop on a particular area due to depth of field effect.

S never really hit the 60 mark simply the worst. Time to upgrade people.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
#2 Posted by Zero_epyon (13329 posts) -

Awesome title lol

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
#3 Posted by tdkmillsy (3133 posts) -

Looks good, will look good at 4k on my 4k tv :) running on the X :)

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#4 Edited by Blackhairedhero (3233 posts) -

RE2 and this don't seem to have much of a gap on the Pro and X1X. But overall visually the games look amazing. Capcom lets everybody win!

Avatar image for BassMan
#5 Posted by BassMan (10551 posts) -

So....the video is basically saying get the PC version as always. :)

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#6 Posted by lundy86_4 (53619 posts) -

Can't wait. This will probably be my first game tried in 4K, but it's gonna make my 1070 cry. Upgrading GPU in a month or two.

Avatar image for ellos
#7 Edited by ellos (2056 posts) -

@BassMan said:

So....the video is basically saying get the PC version as always. :)

Nah jokes aside its very well made for at least the 3 console versions. Normally games like these have to look like shit to just attempt 60fps.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#8 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (29189 posts) -

First of all, this game looks spectacular.

Second of all, does this mean its better on xbox one x?

Avatar image for true_link
#9 Posted by True_Link (243 posts) -

RE engine is an engine done right. Every developer out there should take notes.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#10 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3233 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide: he recommended pro, X and base PS4 equally. X has a mild res advantage, pro has mild performance advantage. Overall side by side differences were hard to notice. The One S is the only one that really seemed to get trounced.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
#11 Posted by Random_Matt (4293 posts) -

So not native?

Avatar image for tormentos
#12 Posted by tormentos (29232 posts) -

Nice.

Sad part is most xbox fans will play the very worse version.

Avatar image for kingtito
#13 Posted by kingtito (10378 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Nice.

Sad part is most xbox fans will play the very worse version.

You know what really sucks? You won't be playing it at all. Have to own a gaming PC or current gen console.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#14 Posted by sakaiXx (5902 posts) -

Nice. Can't wait for my copy to arrive!

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#15 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3334 posts) -

“During cut-scenes, neither Pro or X hold 60 FPS but Pro turns between 5 to 20% faster performance.”

WTF?!?!

This sacrificing performance for pixels needs to stop. Why wouldn’t the X run a native 1800p locked at 60? It’s clearly not a CPU thing because the X chip is clocked higher than the Pro’s.

Avatar image for tormentos
#16 Posted by tormentos (29232 posts) -

@kingtito:

Actually I don't like DMC anymore but if I did I would get the most stable version not because I want it but because the ps4 version is the most stable oh an I am talking about the base ps4 not the pro.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#17 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4869 posts) -
@Random_Matt said:

So not native?

Nope. And Xbox has the marketing deal too. Guess Capcom told them to kiss their butts on trying to force 4K at the expense of game performance.

Avatar image for tormentos
#18 Edited by tormentos (29232 posts) -

@goldenelementxl:

Pushing 4k at any cost is the problem it happen with some ps4 games as well long ago,alto the ps4 version has higher res than the xbox one s and kick the living crap out of it frame wise as well.

You know what is funny that the base ps4 is the only native version,incredible to believe the ps4 is a better 1080p machine than the xbox one x is a 4k one.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
#19 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1700 posts) -

@ellos said:
@BassMan said:

So....the video is basically saying get the PC version as always. :)

Nah jokes aside its very well made for at least the 3 console versions. Normally games like these have to look like shit to just attempt 60fps.

Can't disable the shitty chromatic abberation, grain (I'm assuming it has grain, because all their games do.), lens effects and other ugly filters on consoles, though.

I didn't watch the video. Don't want to spoil myself with only three and a half hours to go. I never do this, but I'm gonna drag my PC to the living room for this first session. Already paired my DS4 with a Bluetooth dongle a few days ago.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#20 Posted by foxhound_fox (98011 posts) -

I loved DmC but this is absolutely a true return to form for the series. Not sure if I'm going to be able to wait and see if there's going to be a Switch version, or just go and get a PS4.

Avatar image for ellos
#21 Edited by ellos (2056 posts) -

@ezekiel43: it's not like Re or Bloodborne. They did change some of the effects to give this render a bit of a cleaner style. Still has that look slightly to me. I think there pc analysis will get into it to see of you can mess with some settings. Consoles appear to be locked in.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#22 Posted by Archangel3371 (28378 posts) -

This game looks amazing. I’m so hyped to start playing it tomorrow. 😁

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#23 Edited by ronvalencia (28203 posts) -

@ellos:

VII has ~13.4 TFLOPS

V64 LC has ~13.66 TFLOPS

V64 has ~12.58 TFLOPS

GTX 1080 Ti FE has 12.9 TFLOPS at 1800Mhz (stealth boost mode) or 12.2 TFLOPS at 1700Mhz

Avatar image for ellos
#24 Posted by ellos (2056 posts) -

@ronvalencia: I already kinda known that Native 4k is hard. Native 4k at max settings is freaken hard. I'm playing with the tittle there in case its not clear. Lets see where console settings are with there reconstructed implementations.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
#25 Edited by Ezekiel43 (1700 posts) -

@ellos said:

@ezekiel43: it's not like Re or Bloodborne. They did change some of the effects to give this render a bit of a cleaner style. Still has that look slightly to me. I think there pc analysis will get into it to see of you can mess with some settings. Consoles appear to be locked in.

I noticed the chromatic abberation right away when I played the PS4 demo.

Playing it now. I've been grinning with pleasure so much the last hour.

Highly recommend keeping the resolution at 4K but lowering the resolution scaling option to 70 percent or less. It's buttery smooth that way on my GTX 1070 and Ryzen 5 2600X. 4K is too demanding.

Avatar image for sealionact
#26 Posted by sealionact (4072 posts) -

@tormentos: "incredible to believe the ps4 is a better 1080p machine than the xbox one x is a 4k one."

That's the latest in a string of incredibly inane comments..... Its like saying a VW bug is a better 60mph car than an Aston Martin Vanquish is a 200mph car.

Avatar image for tdkmillsy
#27 Posted by tdkmillsy (3133 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Nice.

Sad part is most xbox fans will play the very worse version.

Hello, A PC with anything less than a 1060 puts there hand up to claim the worst version. Of which there are more PC's with less than 1060 than with 1060 and above.

Avatar image for sealionact
#28 Posted by sealionact (4072 posts) -

@tdkmillsy: Shhhhh..... you're talking way too much common sense.

Avatar image for phantom68985100
#29 Posted by phantom68985100 (6 posts) -

Hello

I just tried to find some sort of official screenshot thread here in this area, but no joy.

Now, given how people like taking and sharing screenshots, I'd say it's high time someone higher up on these forums (mods?) set up an official thread just for screenshots.

That way, whenever we see something fun or spectacular in a game, we could post pics of it all here on the official screenshots thread.

Just a though. A picture says more than thousand words after all.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#30 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

Japanese devs are so mediocre. Will they ever get with the 21st century? :P

Avatar image for Randoggy
#31 Edited by Randoggy (3471 posts) -

Will be playing this on PC. Surprised to see the game has already been cracked, RE2 took a week.

Avatar image for Antwan3K
#32 Posted by Antwan3K (4400 posts) -

Lol @ that topic title.. Well done

Avatar image for ellos
#33 Posted by ellos (2056 posts) -

@Antwan3K said:

Lol @ that topic title.. Well done

Hey thanks, glad you liked it.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
#34 Posted by Zero_epyon (13329 posts) -
@goldenelementxl said:

“During cut-scenes, neither Pro or X hold 60 FPS but Pro turns between 5 to 20% faster performance.”

WTF?!?!

This sacrificing performance for pixels needs to stop. Why wouldn’t the X run a native 1800p locked at 60? It’s clearly not a CPU thing because the X chip is clocked higher than the Pro’s.

Compromise? What compromise?

Avatar image for davillain-
#35 Posted by DaVillain- (37487 posts) -

@Randoggy said:

Will be playing this on PC. Surprised to see the game has already been cracked, RE2 took a week.

I heard it got cracked day one. Capcom released an unprotected exe by mistake lol.

Avatar image for drlostrib
#36 Posted by DrLostRib (5022 posts) -

what about more than 60fps?

Avatar image for Randoggy
#37 Posted by Randoggy (3471 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@Randoggy said:

Will be playing this on PC. Surprised to see the game has already been cracked, RE2 took a week.

I heard it got cracked day one. Capcom released an unprotected exe by mistake lol.

Someone got fired lol.

Avatar image for tormentos
#38 Edited by tormentos (29232 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:
@tormentos said:

Nice.

Sad part is most xbox fans will play the very worse version.

Hello, A PC with anything less than a 1060 puts there hand up to claim the worst version. Of which there are more PC's with less than 1060 than with 1060 and above.

Say what?

Loading Video...

1080p 60FPS ultra 1050ti under the 1060.

I am sure quite allot more GPU under as well can run it at 60FPS just by playing with some setting which you can't do on xbox one s.

But I was referring to consoles which is what this thread is about not PC which by the way is the superior platform.

@sealionact said:

@tdkmillsy: Shhhhh..... you're talking way too much common sense.

No he isn't and he got owned on the process..lol

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#39 Edited by ronvalencia (28203 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@tdkmillsy said:
@tormentos said:

Nice.

Sad part is most xbox fans will play the very worse version.

Hello, A PC with anything less than a 1060 puts there hand up to claim the worst version. Of which there are more PC's with less than 1060 than with 1060 and above.

Say what?

Loading Video...

1080p 60FPS ultra 1050ti under the 1060.

I am sure quite allot more GPU under as well can run it at 60FPS just by playing with some setting which you can't do on xbox one s.

But I was referring to consoles which is what this thread is about not PC which by the way is the superior platform.

Your video doesn't show real ultra settings e.g. Texture quality being medium is not actually ultra settings

Loading Video...

Avatar image for tormentos
#40 Posted by tormentos (29232 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

Your video doesn't show real ultra settings e.g. Texture quality being medium is not actually ultra settings

Loading Video...

Before you quote some one with something stupid first read.

My video is for 1080p not 4k, and while 1 setting is medium the rest is ultra and runs at 60FPS far surpassing the xbox one S which was my argument since tdkmillsy claimed PC with GPU under the 1060 will have a the worse version.

Basically he was wrong and if funny that instead of quoting him for falsely claiming that anything under a 1060GTX will have a worse experience than the xbox one S you quote me to claim not all setting are ultra in my video (as if the xbox one S was all ultra) and post a freaking video totally irrelevant for what I was arguing.

Congratulations you once again won the ""who the fu** was arguing that award"" given to poster who bring shit completely irrelevant to the point at hand to try to prove some one wrong, no person has won it so many times in a row a you have.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#41 Edited by ronvalencia (28203 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Your video doesn't show real ultra settings e.g. Texture quality being medium is not actually ultra settings

Loading Video...

Before you quote some one with something stupid first read.

My video is for 1080p not 4k, and while 1 setting is medium the rest is ultra and runs at 60FPS far surpassing the xbox one S which was my argument since tdkmillsy claimed PC with GPU under the 1060 will have a the worse version.

Basically he was wrong and if funny that instead of quoting him for falsely claiming that anything under a 1060GTX will have a worse experience than the xbox one S you quote me to claim not all setting are ultra in my video (as if the xbox one S was all ultra) and post a freaking video totally irrelevant for what I was arguing.

Congratulations you once again won the ""who the fu** was arguing that award"" given to poster who bring shit completely irrelevant to the point at hand to try to prove some one wrong, no person has won it so many times in a row a you have.

Your video

Texture Quality set to medium

Effects quality set to high.

My video example

Texture Quality set to ultra

Effects quality is set to ultra.

Texture Quality impacts VRAM storage which is a weakness for 1050 Ti

Effects quality impacts shader compute resource which is a weakness for 1050 Ti

Your "while 1 setting is medium the rest is ultra"IS FALSE

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#42 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (19795 posts) -

DF forgot to include that the PS4 version is censored compared to the Xbox and PC version

EDIT: I'm not posting the image here, but here's the link

https://twitter.com/JoshuaMFrench/status/1104449134629666817

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#43 Edited by getyeryayasout (12385 posts) -

Seems like Capcom really nailed it, giving owners of each platform a well produced game.

I'm playing on the X1X and have been quite impressed so far.

Avatar image for XVision84
#44 Posted by XVision84 (16324 posts) -

The game outputs $4000!? Damn, I gotta get in on that cash :P

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#45 Edited by lundy86_4 (53619 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: lol, but whhhhy? It's legitmately someone's ass. I'm shocked Japan didn't censor that, considering their prudish porn lol. For the West, that's hilarious... Especially for anyone who's European... Old and saggy breasts are the staple of any family vacation!

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#46 Posted by ronvalencia (28203 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

DF forgot to include that the PS4 version is censored compared to the Xbox and PC version

EDIT: I'm not posting the image here, but here's the link

https://twitter.com/JoshuaMFrench/status/1104449134629666817

It's lens flare based censorship.

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#47 Posted by getyeryayasout (12385 posts) -

@lundy86_4: *books vacation for Europe* lol

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#48 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4869 posts) -
@XVision84 said:

The game outputs $4000!? Damn, I gotta get in on that cash :P

Damn, they should have done this with Crackdown 3. Maybe a couple of dozen more people would have bought it.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#49 Posted by lundy86_4 (53619 posts) -

@getyeryayasout: It's fun. Sometimes it's below water and you wonder if they're hot... Then they get up and you want to drown.

Avatar image for tormentos
#50 Posted by tormentos (29232 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

Your video

Texture Quality set to medium

Effects quality set to high.

My video example

Texture Quality set to ultra

Effects quality is set to ultra.

Texture Quality impacts VRAM storage which is a weakness for 1050 Ti

Effects quality impacts shader compute resource which is a weakness for 1050 Ti

Your "while 1 setting is medium the rest is ultra"IS FALSE

Prove the xbox one S runs ultra or even 1080p native to begin with ass since that was my argument.

The xbox one S version is total shit with drops to the 30's and not native 1080p, the 1050Ti runs this game at much higher settings which prove tdkmillsy claim wrong now quote him and tell him he was wrong. lol

@FireEmblem_Man said:

DF forgot to include that the PS4 version is censored compared to the Xbox and PC version

EDIT: I'm not posting the image here, but here's the link

https://twitter.com/JoshuaMFrench/status/1104449134629666817

And how is that related to performance.?

By the way how is the switch version?