Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

Loading Video...

""The highest Res, the best framerate NO compromises.""

I don't know about you but what I get from what she say is something different, she talk about 3 aspect as been separate.

So that mean 4k 60 fps no quality downgrade.

Running at 4k and dropping to 23 FPS is already a compromise is clear that to even keep 30 the XBO X should had use chakcerboard or dynamic res.

Which would have been a compromise on that front as well.

Uncompromised 4K doesn't not mean 4K 60 you clown. It references the resolution not the frame rate. BTW hows the 4K PS4 Pro games coming along? Oh wait, you don't actually own a PS4 much less a Pro. NVM

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Frostbite is a fairly well-optimized, wide-ranging game engine. It looks decent at lower settings with older hardware, but can scale up quite nicely. Generally has performed well in my experience.

I have a 5+ year old PC with a Geforce GTX 980 and I'm running it plenty fast (frames wise) at 1080 with high settings.

@sealionact said:

So a $2000 PC outperforms a $400 console?

Whodathunkit.

I wouldn't say my PC is worth more than $700 at this point.

I never went over $1,000 budget on my PC at all. $1,000 is my limits and $2,000 is just way too much for a simple PC gaming.

@sealionact said:

I missed it. What was Ron saying, and over how many pages?

Before Xbox One X reveal, he was all over the place saying Xbox One X will rival the GTX 1070 & have Ryzen CPU and when the reveal happened, he got exposed big time and went into hiding for months lol.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8061 Posts

Another native 4K showing for the Xbox One X from a game many people likely thought would fall well below that mark..

good stuff indeed..

BTW, for those that are still trying to warp the meaning of "uncompromed 4K", please find me a quote where Microsoft said there would be no compromises made in comparison to what's available on PC hardware..

don't worry, we'll wait..

In the meantime, and back in the real world, it's clear that Microsoft meant there would be no compromises made in the effort to give Xbox One [S] titles a 4x boost in resolution with no relative loss in performance or visual quality in comparison to base hardware..

There are direct quotes from both Microsoft and Digital Foundry to support this fundamental design goal of the Xbox One X.. If you can't find credible quotes from Microsoft stating, "the Xbox One X will present absolutely no compromises in comparison to all types of PC hardware" you're just damage controlling, butthurt, and/or both at this point..

Bottomline: The Xbox One X has delivered on 4K where the PS4 Pro couldn't.. Get over it..

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

DF also said that even a RTX 2800Ti couldn't run it at 4k X1X settings and get a locked 60fps all the time.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@Antwan3K: i don’t think there was ever a promise that the PS4 pro was to deliver “uncompromised 4k”. In fact I never heard that once in sony’s Marketing.

I feel like your butthurt is misplaced. We all know your system of choice has nothing but turds to play on it, but come on... how many more shreds of MS’s bullshitting are you lems gonna cling onto.

TLHBO

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By xhawk27

@pdogg93 said:

@Antwan3K: i don’t think there was ever a promise that the PS4 pro was to deliver “uncompromised 4k”. In fact I never heard that once in sony’s Marketing.

I feel like your butthurt is misplaced. We all know your system of choice has nothing but turds to play on it, but come on... how many more shreds of MS’s bullshitting are you lems gonna cling onto.

TLHBO

Sony did lie about the Pro being 4k. You are butthurt about paying for a fake 4k console but really getting a 1080p one. LMFAO

TCHBO

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Seriously who cares who has the shiner version of this turd?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By pdogg93

@xhawk27: you’re the biggest ms cheerleader on here. And no Sony didn’t lie about 4k. Go to their website and see how they define their version of “true 4k”.

But hey at least you can play 5/10 crackdown 3 right?? And let me guess you love it because of how “fun” it is? LOL you clown.

Edit: oh and I would rather play sony’s Games at 1080p than the turds you play at 4k LOL. Bu bu buttt muh Phil Spencer new studios!!!!

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Sooo.... Standard procedure.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 xhawk27

@pdogg93 said:

@xhawk27: you’re the biggest ms cheerleader on here. And no Sony didn’t lie about 4k. Go to their website and see how they define their version of “true 4k”.

But hey at least you can play 5/10 crackdown 3 right?? And let me guess you love it because of how “fun” it is? LOL you clown.

I didn't know telling the truth was being a cheerleader. I don't always defend MS, in fact there are some things I hate what they are doing. I do think after playing Crackdown 3 it deserved a little better score because it is a better crackdown game. Anyway TLOU will always be an 8 game right behind Gears 3. LOL you clown.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 pdogg93

@xhawk27: please link me where Sony said their console was a uncompromised 4k machine.

I’ll wait. And LOL, the only clowns here are this gen’s losers aka the lems. You’re the king of the all. Take the L bro lol

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#63 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Proper 4K gaming is played at 2160p/60fps or higher. Not even a 2080 Ti based PC can do that on all games. The consoles are a joke and don't come close to being proper 4K gaming platforms. Both companies have been very deceptive and shady about their "4K" consoles. They should have just focused on at least delivering a 1080p/60fps experience with their "premium" consoles and whatever power is left over... scale the resolution up as needed while maintaining a 60fps target. However, they like to take advantage of the dumb consumers who are all about hype and buzzwords like "4K". Both companies failed big time at delivering 4K consoles and they sure fooled a lot of people.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kingtito

@BassMan said:

Proper 4K gaming is played at 2160p/60fps or higher. Not even a 2080 Ti based PC can do that on all games. The consoles are a joke and don't come close to being proper 4K gaming platforms. Both companies have been very deceptive and shady about their "4K" consoles. They should have just focused on at least delivering a 1080p/60fps experience with their "premium" consoles and whatever power is left over... scale the resolution up as needed while maintaining a 60fps target. However, they like to take advantage of the dumb consumers who are all about hype and buzzwords like "4K". Both companies failed big time at delivering 4K consoles and they sure fooled a lot of people.

Defined by whom? You? Proper 4K gaming is native 4K resolution without CBing. There is no such thing as "proper 4K gaming"

That I can agree with but I can appreciate some of the games being 4K, for example RDR2.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

X1X was never going to be a proper 4k console, they only marketed it that way because they know gullible consumers (fanboys) would fall for the "worlds most powerful console" campaign. They were right for the most part.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

@BassMan said:

That's because at the start of this gen, no one wasn't considering 4K consoles from the base PS4/Xbox One, it was all about playing higher resolution in 1080p but the Xbox One can only do 900p and that was a big deal for a lot of console fans. Console fans only care for higher resolution and never care about framerates, even Phil said it himself. And here we are now, everyone wants 4K because PC can do it and the buzzword sure work for console gamers.

4K on a console this early age? Not happening and any PC gamer could see that from a mile away.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

You need an expensive PC to run it at ultra settings.

At least way more than what the X costs.

This is generally how price/performance works in any market.

Such things should not be note worthy.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@davillain-: It sucks, because TV's are the driving factor. They set a standard and roll with it for years. Monitors evolve consistently, largely because they're not held to a similar market standard (plus the evolving hardware of PCs.) We're still seeing 60hz TVs with faux 120hz on the market... Why? Solely because cable/sat/streaming are still the ones that set the technical baseline... Oddly.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BassMan

@kingtito said:
@BassMan said:

Defined by whom? You? Proper 4K gaming is native 4K resolution without CBing. There is no such thing as "proper 4K gaming"

That I can agree with but I can appreciate some of the games being 4K, for example RDR2.

Proper gaming at any resolution is 60fps or higher. 30fps is shit and has always been shit. 30fps is a compromise for having shit hardware. Console gamers have such low standards that they settle for this bare minimum playable frame rate. It's unacceptable if you care about quality. The only games that I play at 30fps are console exclusives where I have no other way to play them. Otherwise, I refuse to play a game at 30fps. Frame rate is so important. Even when I got Rocket League for free with PS Plus, I couldn't stand the performance and paid for the PC version so I could play it properly. 1080p/60fps is far superior to 4K/30fps.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Fedor

@that_old_guy: You should have been here late 2017 then when all the lems and their mom's were talking about their 4k/60 ultra beast box. Price/performance was a myth to them.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By lundy86_4

@fedor: It falls in line with much of the old SW rhetoric... We've even seen Sheep try to rival a PC and modern day consoles (at the time) with The Conduit lol. It just evolves to match the newer specs/expectations.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Antwan3K

@pdogg93 said:

TLHBO

Red Dead Redemption 2 runs in 4K on PS4 Pro?.. nope.. not even close.. that's the very definition of false advertising right there dude..

Now if you don't mind, please show me an Xbox One X TV ad that says the console is supposed to match and/or outclass any PC hardware on the market..

no worries, we'll wait..

Oh, while you're at it, post an Xbox One X TV ad that even says the words "uncompromised 4K"..

again, we'll wait..

heck, let's not even stop there.. find me even one single quote from Microsoft claiming that the Xbox One X will offer zero compromises in comparison to what's possible on PC hardware..

we'll be here, patiently waiting..

"put up, or shut up" sir..

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 xhawk27

@pdogg93 said:

@xhawk27: please link me where Sony said their console was a uncompromised 4k machine.

I’ll wait. And LOL, the only clowns here are this gen’s losers aka the lems. You’re the king of the all. Take the L bro lol

Sony said plenty about 4k when it launched only backing down once the X was released. You and the rest of the Cows can take the L on the Pro. LOL

MS never said in ADs about uncompromised 4k. They did say it's the most powerful console ever made and they are right about that.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lundy86_4

@pdogg93 and @Antwan3K

I'll also note that there is no asterisk that denotes the actual terminology used... I think their slimline getaway is that the game "outputs" at 4k lol. Sadly, in a court of law, that's probably a sufficient defence.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 That_Old_Guy

@fedor: At the time my PC was about $1300 dollars before tax...it’s 2 years old.

I can run Anthem on it 60fps locked on mixed of ultra and high but at 1080p.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@pdogg93 and @Antwan3K

I'll also note that there is no asterisk that denotes the actual terminology used... I think their slimline getaway is that the game "outputs" at 4k lol. Sadly, in a court of law, that's probably a sufficient defence.

To add to the none sense PR machines. It also qualifies at what MS description of True 4kis. Its the shittiest implementation of full CBR out there. R* to Sony PR there you go we have checked that 4k marker.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kingtito

@BassMan said:
@kingtito said:
@BassMan said:

Proper gaming at any resolution is 60fps or higher. 30fps is shit and has always been shit. 30fps is a compromise for having shit hardware. Console gamers have such low standards that they settle for this bare minimum playable frame rate. It's unacceptable if you care about quality. The only games that I play at 30fps are console exclusives where I have no other way to play them. Otherwise, I refuse to play a game at 30fps. Frame rate is so important. Even when I got Rocket League for free with PS Plus, I couldn't stand the performance and paid for the PC version so I could play it properly. 1080p/60fps is far superior to 4K/30fps.

You mean preferred but just because you believe it's the best doesn't mean it's the only definition of proper. I also prefer higher FPS but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the only proper way to play.

I seem to recall cows making the claim that they prefer some games to be at 30 for that "movie" like effect last gen.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By lundy86_4

@ellos: Sorry, i'm not understanding your post. Could you reiterate?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Antwan3K

@ellos said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@pdogg93 and @Antwan3K

To add to the none sense PR machines. It also qualifies at what MS description of True 4kis. Its the shiftiest implementation of full CBR. R* to Sony PR there you go we have checked that 4k marker.

that's a serious false equivalency there sir..

PS4 Pro supposedly does "Dynamic 4K" when most of the games run at either 1440p or 1800p.. neither of those resolutions qualifies as "4K" no matter how much the truth is stretched..

Xbox One X supposedly does "True 4K".. and in truth, most games hit the 4K mark either natively or via dynamic scaling.. in either case, a true native 4K image is displayed on your TV screen at some point during gameplay so technically that isn't a false statement..

yes, both are PR taglines but I hope you can see the clear difference there..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

Uncompromised 4K doesn't not mean 4K 60 you clown. It references the resolution not the frame rate. BTW hows the 4K PS4 Pro games coming along? Oh wait, you don't actually own a PS4 much less a Pro. NVM

You are a moron see the damn video she clearly state the highest res the BEST frame rate and no compromises she doesn't say 4k uncompromised she clearly say highest Res which mean 4k, she clearly separately claim the best frame rate and after that say no compromises which means quality all 3 are separate.

The PS4 is not a 4k machine and wasn't sold as an Uncompromised 4k 60FPS machine.

lol usual clown resorting to the same bullshit crap when he has no argument, unlike you I do have an PS4 and a xbox one as well hell I payed for live which you lie about and say you don't do..hahahahaa

@Antwan3K said:

Another native 4K showing for the Xbox One X from a game many people likely thought would fall well below that mark..

good stuff indeed..

BTW, for those that are still trying to warp the meaning of "uncompromed 4K", please find me a quote where Microsoft said there would be no compromises made in comparison to what's available on PC hardware..

don't worry, we'll wait..

In the meantime, and back in the real world, it's clear that Microsoft meant there would be no compromises made in the effort to give Xbox One [S] titles a 4x boost in resolution with no relative loss in performance or visual quality in comparison to base hardware..

There are direct quotes from both Microsoft and Digital Foundry to support this fundamental design goal of the Xbox One X.. If you can't find credible quotes from Microsoft stating, "the Xbox One X will present absolutely no compromises in comparison to all types of PC hardware" you're just damage controlling, butthurt, and/or both at this point..

Bottomline: The Xbox One X has delivered on 4K where the PS4 Pro couldn't.. Get over it..

Yes and drops to the low 20s so much for uncompromised.

Please refer to the video I posted on the page before it clearly stated what she say.

The highest res, best frame rate (athem drops bellow xbox one S frame level) and no compromises which does since it is not ULTRA at all.

Loading Video...

Very clear NO compromises period medium is a compromise and 23FPS is not the best frames per second.

This was E3 2016 when MS was over selling the xbox one X.

@xhawk27 said:
@pdogg93 said:

TLHBO

Sony did lie about the Pro being 4k. You are butthurt about paying for a fake 4k console but really getting a 1080p one. LMFAO

TCHBO

No they didn't like MS 4k means native,checkerboard and dynamic res can't have it both ways.

@Antwan3K said:
@pdogg93 said:

TLHBO

Red Dead Redemption 2 runs in 4K on PS4 Pro?.. nope.. not even close.. that's the very definition of false advertising right there dude..

Now if you don't mind, please show me an Xbox One X TV ad that says the console is supposed to match and/or outclass any PC hardware on the market..

no worries, we'll wait..

Oh, while you're at it, post an Xbox One X TV ad that even says the words "uncompromised 4K"..

again, we'll wait..

heck, let's not even stop there.. find me even one single quote from Microsoft claiming that the Xbox One X will offer zero compromises in comparison to what's possible on PC hardware..

"put up, or shut up" sir..

Pathetic...lol

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/06/11/new-packaging-icons-xbox/

This is what MS claim before the xbox one X was even launch and yeah 4k for MS =native dynamic and checkerboard which is what RDR2 is on PS4 Pro again how did sony lie when MS it self recognize checkerboard as true 4k.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Fedor

@that_old_guy: I was just making a point.

$1300 could be a whole lot of different spec configs, so price wouldn't help me with your performance metric. Whats your CPU/GPU?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By BassMan

@kingtito said:
@BassMan said:
@kingtito said:
@BassMan said:

You mean preferred but just because you believe it's the best doesn't mean it's the only definition of proper. I also prefer higher FPS but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the only proper way to play.

I seem to recall cows making the claim that they prefer some games to be at 30 for that "movie" like effect last gen.

60fps has been standard for PC gaming for a long time. I would like for it to be so for consoles as well. It looks like Phil Spencer is starting to make it a priority too. I prefer to play 3440x1440/120 myself, but I can respect 1080p/60 for consoles. I do play PC games at 4K/60 on my TV too, but I find the ultrawide and high refresh rate hard to pass up when choosing which screen to play on.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Antwan3K

@tormentos: apparently you don't know what the word "context" means..

If a developer tries to run a PS4 Slim game at 4K on a PS4 Pro, serious compromises to performance and/or graphical fidelity would have to be made in order to hit that 4K resolution in comparison to what's possible on base hardware..

If a developer wants to run an Xbox One S game at 4K on the Xbox One X, zero compromises have to be made to performance and/or graphical fidelity in order to hit that 4K resolution in comparison to what's possible on base hardware.. heck, in most cases, framerates and graphical effects are improved over the Xbox One S version in addition to hitting that 4K resolution.. that's the very definition of "no compromises" and that's clearly what Microsoft meant by that implied comment (again, at no point is the phrase "uncompromised 4K" used so you still fail in that regard)..

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ellos

@Antwan3K said:
@ellos said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@pdogg93 and @Antwan3K

To add to the none sense PR machines. It also qualifies at what MS description of True 4kis. Its the shiftiest implementation of full CBR. R* to Sony PR there you go we have checked that 4k marker.

that's a serious false equivalency there sir..

PS4 Pro supposedly does "Dynamic 4K" when most of the games run at either 1440p or 1800p.. neither of those resolutions qualifies as "4K" no matter how much the truth is stretched..

Xbox One X supposedly does "True 4K".. and in truth, most games hit the 4K mark either natively or via dynamic scaling.. in either case, a true native 4K image is displayed on your TV screen at some point during gameplay so technically that isn't a false statement..

yes, both are PR taglines but I hope you can see the clear difference there..

I believe this game like Horizon Zero Dawn (probably best CBR implementation out there) have a full 2160p CBR. I just wanted to have a chuckle the fact that it came out very poor. PR numbers though say its a True 4k or "4k Ultra HD" something like that.. It checks MS description i though that's kinda funny for this specific game. You all can continue arguing whose PR is worse. I think Sony is the worst by the way. Again I just find it funny how RDR2 psPro walks around MS line there. They can slap that MS 4K Ultra HD sticker on it.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By That_Old_Guy

@fedor: no no, I’m not saying you’re wrong or anything....I’m sure the fanboys did their thing.

I was just giving perspective on a decently expensive rig for it’s time and the performance it gets on today’s games.

I mean 1080p on mostly high at 60fps solid is fucking great.

Honestly I didn’t see the “DF” in the thread title.

I hate them. Most their stuff is only to fuel fanboy wars. Like seriously it’s a $500 console vs a PC. What are we going to gain from this comparison that just about everyone who cares doesn’t already know as common knowledge.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Antwan3K

@that_old_guy said:

@fedor: Like seriously it’s a $500 console vs a PC. What are we going to gain from this comparison that just about everyone who cares doesn’t already know as common knowledge.

I definitely have to agree with you there.. I've been saying for a long time in regard to most DF comparison videos, what's "a PC"?.. as far as I can tell (and correct me if i'm wrong), most of the time they don't even list the full specs of the rig they're running.. they just say "PC".. and the resulting fanboyism would immediately die down quite a bit if it can clearly be seen that they are running a $2000+ PC build and comparing it to $300~$500 consoles.. it's just clickbait and fuel for posts like the OP to try and create some measure of damage control for the fact that the Xbox One X is delivering on 4K while the direct competition isn't..

and that goes for the entire System Wars attitude of "just play it on PC".. I have a PC and my Xbox One X absolutely destroys it.. so it's safe to say, "just play it on PC" doesnt exactly apply there.. I also think it's safe to say that the vast majority of people playing on PC aren't running their games at 4K/60 on Ultra settings.. so again, lets stop pretending that Average Joe gamer is walking into Best Buy and picking up a PC that's capable of running games at that level..

bottomline: there is definitely a price/power argument to be made when you want to throw a 4K/60 Ultra PC into the mix versus console hardware.. and if you spent double, triple, or quadruple the cost of a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X in order to get that performance, that isn't exactly an apple to oranges comparison..

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts
@Antwan3K said:

it's clear that Microsoft meant there would be no compromises made in the effort to give Xbox One [S] titles a 4x boost in resolution with no relative loss in performance in comparison to base hardware..

Well this is awkward...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@goldenelementxl: Geez dude the X came out like 15 months ago and your arse is still sore, go beat up on some kids on Fortnite to make yourself feel better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
@i_p_daily said:

@goldenelementxl: Geez dude the X came out like 15 months ago and your arse is still sore, go beat up on some kids on Fortnite to make yourself feel better.

Sore? Why? I own 3 X's

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: overall since launch, the vast majority of Xbox games tend to perform better on the X in addition to having better graphical effects despite the higher 4K resolution.. There is typically no compromise in performance or graphical fidelity in order to get that higher resolution..

Are you actually implying that isn't the case beyond the occasional outlier?..

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I love how xb1x version the plants grow in real time as you approach them.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

LOL at the salty 4k thread...….

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@sleepnsurf:

Well the amazing thing about the pro is that it has a slew of other amazing games to play than just anthem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@ermacness: A slew? Name 3 excluding Uncharted, GoW and SpiderMan because I’ve played those and they aren’t “amazing.”

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@goldenelementxl:

LOL!!!!

Why I thank you for partially destroying your rebuttal towards me by naming 3 of those exclusive. When you start to ask for "proof" of "said" claims, and then in the same EXACT sentence, exclude part of the information regarding "said" claim, it somewhat destoys their rebuttal. While "amazing" and "a slew" are both subjective wordings, it is a fact that the ps4 has more higher scoring games than the x1, and in the meta game, the ps4 does have AT LEAST 5 or more higher scoring games than the x1. Now it's up to one's discretion on how they view the lead, or quality if these games, but just like it's a indisputable fact that the x1x displays games at a higher resolution, it's also an indisputable fact that currently the ps4 have more higher scoring games than the x1.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ellos

@lundy86_4 said:

@ellos: Sorry, i'm not understanding your post. Could you reiterate?

Was attempting to poke fun at Sony, MS PR around 4k. That RDR2 Pro version can also have MS 4k Ultra HD sticker on it and some how pass there also.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@goldenelementxl said:
@i_p_daily said:

Sore? Why? I own 3 X's

That pic makes your thread even more mind boggling, if you hate MS marketing then why buy 1 let alone 3 X's? it seems you're angry with yourself because every game is not "uncompromised" 4k.

I bought 1 X and i'm happy with it as it has cleaned up games that I play like the screen tearing in F1 2018 or fixed the frame rate drops from Cause 3.

You need to let it go because you obviously enjoy the console stop being so hang up over trivial BS.

PS...you need to get rid of that one under the Switch as its making a mess of that picture :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@fedor said:

X1X was never going to be a proper 4k console, they only marketed it that way because they know gullible consumers (fanboys) would fall for the "worlds most powerful console" campaign. They were right for the most part.

This is only somewhat true as I never purchased my X specifically for 4k, and i'm considered one of the biggest lems here.

The X actually cleans up games over the base model, it fixed the frame rate issues in Just Cause 3 and all but fixed the screen tearing that was pretty prolific in F1 2018, that's just 2 examples of the benefits of the X.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

This game tried to achieve way too much than what most current hardware can handle. It's a counterproductive approach which some devs still fail to understand.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

@tormentos: apparently you don't know what the word "context" means..

If a developer tries to run a PS4 Slim game at 4K on a PS4 Pro, serious compromises to performance and/or graphical fidelity would have to be made in order to hit that 4K resolution in comparison to what's possible on base hardware..

If a developer wants to run an Xbox One S game at 4K on the Xbox One X, zero compromises have to be made to performance and/or graphical fidelity in order to hit that 4K resolution in comparison to what's possible on base hardware.. heck, in most cases, framerates and graphical effects are improved over the Xbox One S version in addition to hitting that 4K resolution.. that's the very definition of "no compromises" and that's clearly what Microsoft meant by that implied comment (again, at no point is the phrase "uncompromised 4K" used so you still fail in that regard)..

Apparently you think we are blind idiots such as your selves.

Is very clear what SHE try to sell and what MS try to do highest resolution best frames and no compromises.

So 4k 60FPS or better and Ultra.

Yeah that is bullshit considering Anthem drops even more than the xbox one S frame wise.

No in no part MS claimed no compromises vs the xbox one s, second the word no compromises is pretty clear to understand, specially if it is use on a graphics context.

MS it self after claiming no compromises and even calling the xbox one X a TRUE 4k machine actually goes out on E3 2017 when the real thing was shown and actually state what they consider true 4k is.

Native, dynamic and checkerboard rendering in other words the same shit the PS4 Pro had been doing for a year already before the xbox one X launched.

@Antwan3K said:
@that_old_guy said:

@fedor: Like seriously it’s a $500 console vs a PC. What are we going to gain from this comparison that just about everyone who cares doesn’t already know as common knowledge.

I definitely have to agree with you there.. I've been saying for a long time in regard to most DF comparison videos, what's "a PC"?.. as far as I can tell (and correct me if i'm wrong), most of the time they don't even list the full specs of the rig they're running.. they just say "PC".. and the resulting fanboyism would immediately die down quite a bit if it can clearly be seen that they are running a $2000+ PC build and comparing it to $300~$500 consoles.. it's just clickbait and fuel for posts like the OP to try and create some measure of damage control for the fact that the Xbox One X is delivering on 4K while the direct competition isn't..

and that goes for the entire System Wars attitude of "just play it on PC".. I have a PC and my Xbox One X absolutely destroys it.. so it's safe to say, "just play it on PC" doesnt exactly apply there.. I also think it's safe to say that the vast majority of people playing on PC aren't running their games at 4K/60 on Ultra settings.. so again, lets stop pretending that Average Joe gamer is walking into Best Buy and picking up a PC that's capable of running games at that level..

bottomline: there is definitely a price/power argument to be made when you want to throw a 4K/60 Ultra PC into the mix versus console hardware.. and if you spent double, triple, or quadruple the cost of a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X in order to get that performance, that isn't exactly an apple to oranges comparison..

You don't need a $2000+ PC to beat the xbox one X a 1060 GTX and a RX580 will do the trick even with a lower end Ryzen,probably a $500 to $600 PC will do the trick and considering that you don't have to pay $60 a year for online play I say the playing field is quite even.

The xbox one X isn't $300 either and is $60 a year for online play.

Is not our fault that you have a totally shitty PC.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131720&Description=RX%20580&cm_re=RX_580-_-14-131-720-_-Product

The RX 580 is as low as $169 and can beat your xbox one X without problem in most games.

Anthem is one of those at XBO X settings the RX580 is faster than your xbox one X.

With the introduction of the 1660 and newer GPU GPU prices are dropping.

The great great majority of xbox one owners aren't running 4k either now stop pretending the xbox one X some how make the S models run games at 4k native,it doesn't most xbox one owners are having a much worse experience and not having 4k at all.

A PC that beats the xbox one X or Pro isn't $2000 you can do that with $600 and save $60 every year on the process.

@goldenelementxl said:
@Antwan3K said:

it's clear that Microsoft meant there would be no compromises made in the effort to give Xbox One [S] titles a 4x boost in resolution with no relative loss in performance in comparison to base hardware..

Well this is awkward...

Not even making stuff up and using the what MS say out of context does @Antwan3K win one, its clear the xbox one X drops even lower than the base xbox one, so the xbox one S lower its resolution accordingly while the xbox one X try to reach 4k no matter at what cost and suffer for it greatly.

@i_p_daily said:
@fedor said:

This is only somewhat true as I never purchased my X specifically for 4k, and i'm considered one of the biggest lems here.

The X actually cleans up games over the base model, it fixed the frame rate issues in Just Cause 3 and all but fixed the screen tearing that was pretty prolific in F1 2018, that's just 2 examples of the benefits of the X.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…..

Now that is a funny one.