Devil May Cry 3 :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tape990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tape990
Member since 2003 • 606 Posts
I never played any Devil May Cry  games before 3but after so many people saying how good the game is i got it for my computer. oh man it is unplayable and not because the game play suck because i love the game play but its  Dante's voice. am i the only one that wants to  punch  him in the face when he starts to say something.

I want to know if  they use the same voice actor for Devil May Cry 1-2 because i was thinking of getting them and are the on pc too or is it ps2 only?
rykaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rykaziel
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts
I never played any Devil May Cry games before 3but after so many people saying how good the game is i got it for my computer. oh man it is unplayable and not because the game play suck because i love the game play but its Dante's voice. am i the only one that wants to punch him in the face when he starts to say something.

I want to know if they use the same voice actor for Devil May Cry 1-2 because i was thinking of getting them and are the on pc too or is it ps2 only?tape990
YEESSSSSS!! Dante is one of the most annoying characters I've ever played as, I only got through the first level until I couldn't take it anymore. I kept waiting for him to lay out his plans for his Super-Sweet Sixteen birthday party, and start whining when the balloons weren't the right colour pink he wanted.
wingman3030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wingman3030
Member since 2004 • 936 Posts
LOL I thought I was the only one, I just cannot stand the over the top crap he does in the cut scenes and on top of that the corny lines he throws out....so yea ur not alone.
Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts
I think it's the same voice, (doesn't make sense to change voice actors ) My prob with Dante is- almost everything he says is cheesy or corny
bowlinggreen69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bowlinggreen69
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts

He was more of a badass on the original DMC.  He was not annoying at all.   Dont know about DMC2 though.  But 1 and 2 are PS2 only

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Yeh, the DMC series has some of the worst script and voice acting ever.
sneekite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sneekite
Member since 2004 • 1599 Posts
It's not the same voice actor, and Dante is not as young or cocky in the other two games. 
OverCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OverCharged
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts
its a different voice actor but the script is still bad. i only play it because of the ass kicking and so should you.
OverCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OverCharged
I never played any Devil May Cry  games before 3but after so many people saying how good the game is i got it for my computer. oh man it is unplayable and not because the game play suck because i love the game play but its  Dante's voice. am i the only one that wants to  punch  him in the face when he starts to say something.

I want to know if  they use the same voice actor for Devil May Cry 1-2 because i was thinking of getting them and are the on pc too or is it ps2 only?tape990
there is an aniversary edition out right now with all three games and its really cheap http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281645
tape990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tape990
[QUOTE="tape990"]I never played any Devil May Cry games before 3but after so many people saying how good the game is i got it for my computer. oh man it is unplayable and not because the game play suck because i love the game play but its Dante's voice. am i the only one that wants to punch him in the face when he starts to say something.

I want to know if they use the same voice actor for Devil May Cry 1-2 because i was thinking of getting them and are the on pc too or is it ps2 only?OverCharged
there is an aniversary edition out right now with all three games and its reallycheap http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281645

thats cool thx.
OverCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OverCharged
[QUOTE="OverCharged"][QUOTE="tape990"]I never played any Devil May Cry games before 3but after so many people saying how good the game is i got it for my computer. oh man it is unplayable and not because the game play suck because i love the game play but its Dante's voice. am i the only one that wants to punch him in the face when he starts to say something.

I want to know if they use the same voice actor for Devil May Cry 1-2 because i was thinking of getting them and are the on pc too or is it ps2 only?tape990
there is an aniversary edition out right now with all three games and its reallycheap http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281645

thats cool thx.

no problem, see if you can beat the game on Dante must Die mode, try not to pay attention to the dialog in #3, number 1 is great but # 2 is way to easy, i mean way easy, even a baby could beat it.
tape990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tape990
[QUOTE="tape990"]i got it for my computer. senses_fail_06

Im sorry to hear this, the ps2 version is far superior.

how so?
tape990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tape990
[QUOTE="tape990"]
how so?
senses_fail_06

Read Greg K's review of both

k
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

He was more of a badass on the original DMC.  He was not annoying at all.   Dont know about DMC2 though.  But 1 and 2 are PS2 only

In Devil May Cry 2 he barely even talks at all, he has like no character in that game.

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

lol

ya but DMC on PC = gay

-

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
Yes he is annoiying and I have wanted to punch him in the mouth many times, but the games before it he hardly ever talked and he was more mature, since he was older in the earlier games.
mestizoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 mestizoman
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts
[QUOTE="tape990"]I never played any Devil May Cry games before 3but after so many people saying how good the game is i got it for my computer. oh man it is unplayable and not because the game play suck because i love the game play but its Dante's voice. am i the only one that wants to punch him in the face when he starts to say something.

I want to know if they use the same voice actor for Devil May Cry 1-2 because i was thinking of getting them and are the on pc too or is it ps2 only?rykaziel
YEESSSSSS!! Dante is one of the most annoying characters I've ever played as, I only got through the first level until I couldn't take it anymore. I kept waiting for him to lay out his plans for his Super-Sweet Sixteen birthday party, and start whining when the balloons weren't the right colour pink he wanted.

he was awesome in 1
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts
I already know why you didn't enjoy it. You got the PC version. And no, I didn't have any problems with Dante's voice.
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts

holy crap!!! yess!!! his frikin stupid wannabe badass boyband attitude is f***inga annoying.

thardus317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thardus317
Member since 2004 • 6400 Posts

"How long are you going to keep zapping?!"

:P

General909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 General909
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
I never played any Devil May Cry games before 3but after so many people saying how good the game is i got it for my computer. oh man it is unplayable and not because the game play suck because i love the game play but its Dante's voice. am i the only one that wants to punch him in the face when he starts to say something.

I'm 100% with you on that. He is so annoying.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
In the first half of 3 he's annoying.. twords the second half he gets more mature and acts more like he does in 1/2 It was annoying t ome in the begining also, but i'm pretty sure they wanted him to be like that at first, immature, annoying.. etc.. so you can see how he became the guy in DMC1.. That game is so hard... i'm only on VH (with dante) and it's on like my top 5 hardest list (PE2 NIghtmare mode is probably 1).
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts
i also want to play the 3 DMC games, i will get DMC3 soon :P
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
[QUOTE="tape990"]I never played any Devil May Cry  games before 3but after so many people saying how good the game is i got it for my computer. oh man it is unplayable and not because the game play suck because i love the game play but its  Dante's voice. am i the only one that wants to  punch  him in the face when he starts to say something.

I want to know if  they use the same voice actor for Devil May Cry 1-2 because i was thinking of getting them and are the on pc too or is it ps2 only?OverCharged
there is an aniversary edition out right now with all three games and its really cheap http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281645

i got it $10 at bestbuy last month
rat_pac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rat_pac
Member since 2003 • 9297 Posts
Flock off feather face - Priceless, but seriously try not to take it too seriously, its supposed to be over the top fun anyway, and DMC3 on the PS2 has some of the best fighting mechanics in any game the PC Version I have it myself and its pure crap.
-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts

Whats the point of getting it for pc? u prolly torrented it anyway? Theese kind of games are best on consoles.

Its like playing fps games without a mouse(doom,wolfenstein, i dont think you would enjoy that anymore)

metalmonkey268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 metalmonkey268
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

Don't bother with 2

It's rubbish 

d_black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#32 d_black
Member since 2004 • 1538 Posts

It could have been worse, they could have made him as another cheesy generic rapper out for revenge after being shot 9 times and having his dog "pooch" kidnapped, all the while working on another multi-platnum record.

DMC = Rocks - only God of War has come close to topping this game in this genre.

DMC2 = Awful. To be avoided by all

DMC3 = Great game and I like Dante is this one. He's is becoming the man he is in DMC.

DMC4 = Can't wait to play it on my Xbox 360.