Developer(s) whom you feel are not as good as they were last gen

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kart_racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 kart_racer
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts
Probably Insomniac. The Resistance games are good but the Ratchet and Clank games aren't as good as they were.fabz_95
I'd have to agree, they were too short and easy this gen imo.
skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts

Square Enix prefer ff7 to ff13 an prolly kh to versus

BioWare prefer baldurs gate to dragonage/mass effect crap

Bungie not innovated at all keep makin same game on same engine

Betheseda this company is horrible overrated I just thought i should say they sucked a lot last geenn this gen managed to suck worse

Blizzard SC2 definetly not even close to SC1 and in many ways the game didn't innovate at all compared to warcraft 3 and bnet 2.0 is horribad

Ubisoft hate all their games this gen

Take 2 hate their games

DEV's i like this gen

Capcom

Konami - mgs4 prolly the best game this gen

Infinity Ward - obviously know how to make a good shooter

EA sports - usually fun titles

ZarbonX

dude... are u sure u like games XD?

On topic: I only played nintendo games last gen and they seem to be doing better scorewise (dont have a wii this gen) so I can't really say.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

Hm...Rockstar, S.E, capcom, Ubisoft, and sega. Of course activision, but..that goes without saying.

I feel like like Ea has improved though, among other small time devs that not many people talk about.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Activition, i can't think of any other developer to be honest

Why all the RE5 hate?GulliversTravel
Unrealistic expectations and "surprisingly" lack oforiginalityeven when the developers said again and again that the game had the same style and gameplay of RE4

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#55 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
Lots of negativity surrounding SE here (and rightfully so). I hear Chocobo's Dungeon on the Wii was excellent, and they co-developed TWEWY, which was amazing, but then that's it. The DQ DS games are really good, but compared to their overabundance of PS2 games, SE has really let themselves go. Anyway, a development company that I feel has done even worse is Silicon Knights. After their great remake of MGS and the truly masterful Eternal Darkness, all they've given us this gen is the bad Too Human.
NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

Insomniac.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

All of them.

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#58 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts

Activition, i can't think of any other developer to be honest

[QUOTE="GulliversTravel"]Why all the RE5 hate?JuarN18

Unrealistic expectations and "surprisingly" lack oforiginalityeven when the developers said again and again that the game had the same style and gameplay of RE4

which was a lie. the gameplay was similar, but the styles were completely diferent.
Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

Ubisoft made better games in general last gen. Rayman 2 isn't technically last gen, (it was on the N64 and PS1 as well as the Dreamcast and PS2), but it's one of the best platformers ever. IMO the most underappreciated game to ever exist. It never gets mentioned anywhere ever.

Splinter Cell was much better back then, as were all their Tom Clancy games.

They aren't bad now, but they were definitely better last gen imo.

-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

Probably IO interactive. Last gen the had Hitman 2&3 and of course Freedom Fighters. This gen they've had the "alright" blood money and K&L. Hopefully the new K&L game will be much better.

JONO51
Blood Money was released on the Xbox and PS2; it was basically one of those 360 launch ports. It's also my favorite of the series. I consider it Hitman 3 since Contracts isn't much more than a glorified expansion pack.
Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts

Well because it's a disappointment? Good game of course but compared to RE4 it was a complete let down. It was pretty much a carbon copy with similar pacing, bosses but with non of the scares. RE4 though more action compared to the usually RE games it had elements of survival horror whilst RE5 was a full on Gears type action game. For a current gen title Capcom stuck to the easy path and failed to move the series forward but instead they did what was popular this gen, and that is making it just another shooter which could have worked if you could run and gun. And don't get me started on the tacked on co-op, they should have kept co-op on a separate mode. Being forced to have a partner throughout the SP playthrough really ticked me off. Sheva actually made me miss Ashley from RE4, yeah the co-op/partner idea was that bad.

Yeah i agree that co-op really hurt the game, it completely lost its pacing.

Because it sucked and sucked very hard. If your new to the series i can see the appeal, but old school fans such as myself despise that game. It just became follow the leader, and was generic.

Ive played most of the old REs, and a few hours of 4. The game was a lot of fun, but a dissapointment because RE4 gave you sense of terror as well as exploration. RE5 on the other hand is super linear with most of the environments being quite drab.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

I have to agree with you TC on your assessment of Capcom this generation particularly for their Resident Evil franchise. They did pretty good with Resident Evil 4, but truly took a step back with Resident Evil 5 by adding some unnecessary features while at the same time feeling way too similar to its predecessor.

iBear-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 iBear-
Member since 2010 • 1092 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"] No more of these western imitated games like LostPlanet2 and perverted crap like Bayonetta and more lasting gems. Swift_Boss_A

Bayonetta was excellent. What's perverted about it?

Oh I dunno.... the fact that she goes almost nude everytime you pull off an attack(special). I mean I wouldn't have had a problem with the nudity if the game was fun and she was half decent looking. Also The cheese factor was unbearable, in DMC it was good, nothing over the top but Bayonetta was just awful stinking cheese lol. And I know the defenders of Bayonetta would have no problem turning this into a 'Bayonetta is teh win thread' so I'd like to leave this discussion here and get back to the topic thank you very much. I would say though that the game wont stand the test of time like other awesome titles by Japanese devs.

You really don't have very good mental control do you? considering even after you say this you fling off another bash on bayonetta

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

You really don't have very good mental control do you? considering even after you say this you fling off another bash on bayonetta

iBear-

I thought maybe I could just squeeze in one more lol.

[QUOTE="fabz_95"]Probably Insomniac. The Resistance games are good but the Ratchet and Clank games aren't as good as they were.kart_racer
I'd have to agree, they were too short and easy this gen imo.

I loved Rachet and Clank last gen but I just couldn't get into the series this gen. Im really hoping ND makes another Jak and Daxter game, I always preferred them and seriously it's the only platformer besides Sly Racoon that really deserves a current gen outing. Rachet needs a rest now lol and Insomniac really needs to do a new IP because I can't stand the Resistance series.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Capcom - but Platinum making the best action game in years (Bayonetta) made up for it. Konami - (MGS4 being nowhere as good MGS3 ), but Contra 4 and OoE made up for it.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Swift_Boss_A

Capcom - but Platinum making the best action game in years (Bayonetta) made up for it. Konami - (MGS4 being nowhere as good MGS3 ), but Contra 4 and OoE made up for it.IronBass

Platinum is not a part of Capcom, it's a completely different studio created by the bigwigs who left Capcom, turning the company into a shell of its former self. And I disagree regarding MGS4. Yeah MGS3 was definitely epic but MGS4 isn't awful as you are making it out to be, course that is your opinion and I will defend it to the end :P

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Platinum is not a part of Capcom, it's a completely different studio created by the bigwigs who left Capcom, turning the company into a shell of its former self. Swift_Boss_A
I'm well aware of that. I said it's not a big deal that Capcom sucks now because he still have Capcom's best devs making quality games, even if they are not Capcom.
but MGS4 isn't awful as you are making it out to beSwift_Boss_A
I've never said it's awful. It's a good game.
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
The whole Japanese side of the industry as a whole has fallen far behind while the western developers continue to flourish and exceed expectations this gen. This is the worst modern gaming gen for Japanese gaming ever. There's only been a handful of memorable/exceptional Japanese games so far and most of them if not all of them are sequels... that's pretty pathetic.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Swift_Boss_A

I'm well aware of that. I said it's not a big deal that Capcom sucks now because he still have Capcom's best devs making quality games, even if they are not Capcom.IronBass

Fair point but as for me Platinum will not make up for Capcom's downfall especially since no game from them have appealed to me but I see Vanquish changing all that. And Capcom still have some of my favourite franchises like DMC and RE which they are butchering this gen.

I've never said it's awful. It's a good game.IronBass

You might as well be saying awful if you think it's not nearly as good as MGS3 :P I found the bosses to be better in MGS4, including the camo-stealth gameplay. I liked the story better in MGS3 but MGS4 was no slouch in that department.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#70 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

square enix and rockstar

alot of ppl aren't gonna agree with me for rockstar but i find their games to have a lot less variety then last gen.