Deus Ex: Human Revolution Hype Thread (New Reviews!) (HYPE- AAA)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Thread looks great :shock:
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Changes Made To The OP: - Perfected the messed up formatting. - "Gameplay Explained by Eidos", "Collector's Edition" and "Differences From Previous Titles" sections were moved to Post #2. - Added Images and Videos for E3 showings of DXHR and added links for the Leak Impressions. - "Previews" section in Post #1 has been expanded. Please keep posting any interesting links you find regarding the game, and I will post them in the OP. I hope you guys are liking the thread :)khoofia_pika

Have you put up a link to the Sarif Industries website?

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#153 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

Thread looks great :shock:charizard1605
Lol, thanks :P

Wait... do you mean the game, or the hype thread? :|

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 khoofia_pika

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]Changes Made To The OP: - Perfected the messed up formatting. - "Gameplay Explained by Eidos", "Collector's Edition" and "Differences From Previous Titles" sections were moved to Post #2. - Added Images and Videos for E3 showings of DXHR and added links for the Leak Impressions. - "Previews" section in Post #1 has been expanded. Please keep posting any interesting links you find regarding the game, and I will post them in the OP. I hope you guys are liking the thread :)fend_oblivion

I can't find it via Google. :(

Can you provide the link, please?

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 fend_oblivion

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]Changes Made To The OP: - Perfected the messed up formatting. - "Gameplay Explained by Eidos", "Collector's Edition" and "Differences From Previous Titles" sections were moved to Post #2. - Added Images and Videos for E3 showings of DXHR and added links for the Leak Impressions. - "Previews" section in Post #1 has been expanded. Please keep posting any interesting links you find regarding the game, and I will post them in the OP. I hope you guys are liking the thread :)khoofia_pika

www.sarifindustries.com

EDIT : Something is wrong with the site. It isn't loading for me. I hope it's not the earlier hack of SE that's resulting in the not loading page... :(

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 khoofia_pika

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

fend_oblivion

*Link*

EDIT : Something is wrong with the site. It isn't loading for me. I hope it's not the earlier hack of SE that's resulting in the not loading page... :(

Lol, you linked me to the first page of this hype thread :lol: :P

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 fend_oblivion

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]

khoofia_pika

*Link*

No, nothing is wrong with my code. I just triple checked. Either something is wrong with the site (it won't load for me) or glitchspot is at its finest.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 khoofia_pika

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"]

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

*Link*

fend_oblivion

No, nothing is wrong with my code. I just triple checked. Either something is wrong with the site (it won't load for me) or glitchspot is at its finest.

Yeah, I tried it again, and it isn't loading for me either... I'll try again in an hour or so, maybe. Anyway, thanks for the link! :D I'll update the OP as soon as this site is back up.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 fend_oblivion

The link was www.sarifindustries.com

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 khoofia_pika

fend_oblivion
Yeah, I tried that once you edited your post. Site's down...
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 fend_oblivion

[QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

khoofia_pika

Sorry about that. I saw your post after I made that one.

Anyway, more additions would be Michael McCann (the composer of the game). A good link will be to the song Icarus.

I have 4 of the Deus Ex Comics. Do you want info about Jensen or about the backstory like that?

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 khoofia_pika

[QUOTE="khoofia_pika"][QUOTE="fend_oblivion"]

fend_oblivion

Sorry about that. I saw your post after I made that one.

Anyway, more additions would be Michael McCann (the composer of the game). A good link will be to the song Icarus.

I have 4 of the Deus Ex Comics. Do you want info about Jensen or about the backstory like that?

Thanks for that link, mate, I'm definitely adding that to the OP :D

And if it isn't too much trouble for you, yeah, a short, brief paragraph or two would be great... If it's inconvenient, no problems :)

And yeah, I'm gonna mention you in the special thanks at the end of the second post :D

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]It's going to score AAA. RPG of the year, maybe.donalbane
They took out the RPG parts of the original and basically added a sub-augmentation. So you won't be able to effect stats, but you will have a highly customized character. Seems more like an action game than an RPG from what I've read. Which is fine, I guess.

Yeah, the augmentations are all you have to customize your character, and though they aren't as deep as I'd like, they're deep enough. It's more of a skill tree type system where you buy a new upgrade every time points become available. Still an awesome game, though. It retains the classic Deus Ex feel. The story seems intriguing enough from what I've seen. And the open world and side quests are always a plus.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 fend_oblivion

Thanks for that link, mate, I'm definitely adding that to the OP :D

And if it isn't too much trouble for you, yeah, a short, brief paragraph or two would be great... If it's inconvenient, no problems :)

And yeah, I'm gonna mention you in the special thanks at the end of the second post :D

khoofia_pika

Okay, it'll be a little spoilerific but I'll try not to add anything drastically beyond what Eidos Montreal has already shown. And sorry, I can't go into specifics but here are some interesting facts :

Adam Jensen appears to have recurring nightmares about his apparent "murdering" by Namir.

The LIMB (Liberty In Mind and Body) clinics are areas where augmentations are given to people in need of them.

Adam is highly trained. His experience includes being the former head of his SWAT Team.

David Sarif's sister, Natalie Freeman, is the vice president of the Anti-Augmentation Organization.

Adam doubts David's intentions about human evolution and the company's direction.

Besides application of augmentations in the medical fields, Sarif industries also does weapons manufacturing as an added source of income and favor from highly influential "partners".

50 % of Adam's body is replaced by augmentations due to the heavy damage done to him. His body was flung through thick security glass and he was then shot in the head.

Adam shows quick physical recovery and his bond between electrode and tissue is the strongest seen thus far, indicating that Adam shows no signs of implant rejection. This is why Adam can switch between various augmentations on the fly.

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
Just deleted it from my hard drive. Damm this game is addictive. I haven't been this involved in a game since KOTOR. The attention to detail is astounding. One example would be in a particular mission where you have the specific choice to be lethal or non-lethal. I literally killed every single enemy and when I returned some people made really sarcastic, moralising and sometimes amusing comments about how I killed everyone. I played the same mission without being lethal and other people criticize me for not being forceful enough. It's hard to describe. And the AI is some of the best I've ever seen too. I just hope you can import your save games from the leak into the retail game.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#166 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

I usually don't hype games but I expect this to be AAA

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 fend_oblivion

Here are some extra links :

Sarif Industries Trailer

Michael McCann - Sarif Industries Theme

Also, to those people put off by the highlighting in the game can rejoice. Highlighting is now purely optional :)

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 fend_oblivion

For the Adam Jensen character bio.

For the Yelena Federova character bio.

For the Jaron Namir character bio

For the Lawrence Barrett character bio (note how he is named after Barrett in FF 7, a character who also has a mechanical arm)

These pics are taken from the Deus Ex Wikia. All credits to the people in charge of the wiki.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 khoofia_pika
@ocstew Hey man, your blog is set on private, and I wanted to read your impressions on the DXHR leak... could you add me so I can read it?
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 khoofia_pika
OP has been updated again, more info has been added, and links to three new videos have been posted (all thanks to fend_oblivion- thanks a ton, man! :D )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Thread looks great :shock:khoofia_pika

Lol, thanks :P

Wait... do you mean the game, or the hype thread? :|

Both, I think :P
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#172 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Just deleted it from my hard drive. Damm this game is addictive. I haven't been this involved in a game since KOTOR. The attention to detail is astounding. One example would be in a particular mission where you have the specific choice to be lethal or non-lethal. I literally killed every single enemy and when I returned some people made really sarcastic, moralising and sometimes amusing comments about how I killed everyone. I played the same mission without being lethal and other people criticize me for not being forceful enough. It's hard to describe. And the AI is some of the best I've ever seen too. I just hope you can import your save games from the leak into the retail game. ocstew
Yeah, man, its great. I love that its open world and that the city is dark and cyberpunk-ish. I ran around and killed all the civilians for the hell of it. I was actually surprised that you could. I haven't played all the missions available, because I want to get my money's worth out of the full release. But, man, I can tell there is a lot of content and the way you approach each mission does effect how people think of you afterwards. Good stuff.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 fend_oblivion

OP has been updated again, more info has been added, and links to three new videos have been posted (all thanks to fend_oblivion- thanks a ton, man! :D )khoofia_pika

You're welcome. I'm glad to assist in the DE : HR hype thread :)

I'll add more as soon as I get more info :)

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#174 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

AAA for me. I really like the concept and setting of Deus Ex and it the shame that the first is pretty much outdated for me, so I am going to give the series another go with this one and I very impress with the things I see and hear. Just need to get going to preorder the PC LE edition at gamestop (I probably do it this weekend).

Too badI can't download Icarus on the Deus Ex site.:( I love the song and they had it for download but the link is broken or something.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 fend_oblivion

AAA for me. I really like the concept and setting of Deus Ex and it the shame that the first is pretty much outdated for me, so I am going to give the series another go with this one and I very impress with the things I see and hear. Just need to get going to preorder the PC LE edition at gamestop (I probably do it this weekend).

Too badI can't download Icarus on the Deus Ex site.:( I love the song and they had it for download but the link is broken or something.

Wanderer5

Would you like me to send you the song?

Or you could use this link instead but it's a bit low quality. And to the GS mods : this isn't illegal. Eidos had a download link for the song.

If you'd like me to mail you the song, send me your email id via PM and I'll send the song to you :)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Did anyone here read the Icarus effect novel? Reading that book alone would get anyone hyped for HR
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 fend_oblivion

Did anyone here read the Icarus effect novel? Reading that book alone would get anyone hyped for HRlawlessx

Really? I'll ask my bro to get me the book then :)

It's been a looong time since I've read a good book :)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]Did anyone here read the Icarus effect novel? Reading that book alone would get anyone hyped for HRfend_oblivion

Really? I'll ask my bro to get me the book then :)

It's been a looong time since I've read a good book :)

I'm nott really big on reading novels,but i couldn't stop reading Icarus Effect. The book itself is a prequel to HR and the author James Swallow(who's also the co-writer for HR) has hinted that characters in the novel may be referenced in the game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#179 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I watched all the E3 stuff earlier today. I cannot wait to play this. I think I may just get this and leave Skyrim till next year when I can get it on PC (as much as I want to be a first day buyer, buying it not on PC will be a waste). Also Skyward Sword is probably going to release at the same time, and I'm more hyped for that than I am Skyrim right now. I also started the first Deus Ex earlier today as well (10 minutes in, had to leave for work) and I'm definitely going to see it through this time. The last time I tried, I had a lot on my plate and didn't focus. It miraculously is one of the few PC games I own from 2000 or later that I can run. >_>
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#180 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

fend_oblivion

Would you like me to send you the song?

Or you could use this link instead but it's a bit low quality. And to the GS mods : this isn't illegal. Eidos had a download link for the song.

If you'd like me to mail you the song, send me your email id via PM and I'll send the song to you :)

That link is good enough, thanks.:D God this song is so awesome and the Sarif Industries theme is good too. Can't wait to hear more of the soundtrack.

madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#181 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
This game will score a 7.5.
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#182 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

This game will score a 7.5.madmidnight

No, that would be InFLOPmous 2.

I don't think there's any doubt this game's going to score anything but a 9 or above if the videos and player impressions are anything to go by. Usually you'll always hear nothing but complaints from people when playing a game, and while I've heard some about the demo, they seem to be miniscule and tiny nitpicks in a sea of optimism and positive feedback. Everything I've heard has been extremely positive. And this is just from a leak. That the developers are listening to us gamers is great as well (making highlighting objects optionable) and gives me even more assurance this will be a worthy successor to the original.

I have a gut feeling this is going to come out of left field and surprise everybody with how good it is. Maybe not GotY, but I wouldn't count out a 9.5 even.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#183 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Just played it for a bit, i can def see this game getting a 9.0 (left me quite impressed).
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 khoofia_pika
This game will score a 7.5.madmidnight
I can STILL see the game getting an 8.5, or maybe even an 8. But anything below that's NOT gonna happen. But then again, these are the people who gave Pokemon Black/White a 7.5 we're talking about, so you never know...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Well I'm not going to get a heart attack if the game gets 8.5, after all GS has a reputation for handing out a lot of 8.5s these days. But I will be surprised, since the only real flaw I can see with the game are the graphics.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 fend_oblivion

I have a gut feeling this is going to come out of left field and surprise everybody with how good it is. Maybe not GotY, but I wouldn't count out a 9.5 even.

Rekunta

Check your mail now. I've sent the song :)

EDIT : Uh oh, apparently your email id doesn't exist. I copied your email id (and removed the space). Resend me your email id and check to see if you've made a typo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Didn't Deus Ex have a cult following? Why isn't this game even remotely known?
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Well I'm not going to get a heart attack if the game gets 8.5, after all GS has a reputation for handing out a lot of 8.5s these days. But I will be surprised, since the only real flaw I can see with the game are the graphics. ocstew
The animations are a bit silly too, in places... but the way I see it, it's an ugly duckling. (I hope calling it an ugly duckling doesn't go over people's heads...)

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 fend_oblivion

Didn't Deus Ex have a cult following? Why isn't this game even remotely known?ocstew

Deus Ex is known as one of the greatest games of all time. One of its mods called The Nameless Mod is one of the best mods in gaming too. Epic Mickey was hyped to AAA standards just because Warren Spector (creator of Deus Ex) was in charge of it. The reason why Deus Ex isn't known popularly now is because it's sequel failed to do justice to the series.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
I think AAA is still quite possible, 25-35 hours and a lot of the elements of classic deus ex, if the story holds up, it should be golden.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#191 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Well I'm not going to get a heart attack if the game gets 8.5, after all GS has a reputation for handing out a lot of 8.5s these days. But I will be surprised, since the only real flaw I can see with the game are the graphics. ocstew
I agree, wish they had more graphical options.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 fend_oblivion

[QUOTE="ocstew"]Well I'm not going to get a heart attack if the game gets 8.5, after all GS has a reputation for handing out a lot of 8.5s these days. But I will be surprised, since the only real flaw I can see with the game are the graphics. Dante2710
I agree, wish they had more graphical options.

The PC version supports DX 11 :)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#193 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
[...] That the developers are listening to us gamers is great as well (making highlighting objects optionable) [...]Rekunta
O_O Really? I would have been fine had they not, given it would have been contextually sound... but dear lord this is Mirror's Edge all over again... except this time the game is going to be bursting at the seems with content and re-playability (not that Mirror's Edge wasn't replayable... but this will go well beyond that). I'm going to be bold and change my hype to AAA. As much as I want this to be a cult hit that gets community praise rather than critical praise, I think we may have a megaton on our hands.
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 fend_oblivion

[QUOTE="Rekunta"][...] That the developers are listening to us gamers is great as well (making highlighting objects optionable) [...]foxhound_fox
O_O Really? I would have been fine had they not, given it would have been contextually sound... but dear lord this is Mirror's Edge all over again... except this time the game is going to be bursting at the seems with content and re-playability (not that Mirror's Edge wasn't replayable... but this will go well beyond that). I'm going to be bold and change my hype to AAA. As much as I want this to be a cult hit that gets community praise rather than critical praise, I think we may have a megaton on our hands.

Check the OP. There's a link to a video called Community Response :)

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 khoofia_pika
Didn't Deus Ex have a cult following? Why isn't this game even remotely known?ocstew
It's been quite a long time since the last good DX game came out, so...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="ocstew"]Didn't Deus Ex have a cult following? Why isn't this game even remotely known?khoofia_pika
It's been quite a long time since the last good DX game came out, so...

You mean the *only* good Deus Ex game :P
Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#197 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

We need a new way to HYPE games..:? Polls can be manipulated madcore, this game will flop from the looks of this poll too.. =/

I say AA.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

We need a new way to HYPE games..:? Polls can be manipulated madcore, this game will flop from the looks of this poll too.. =/

I say AA.

sanim02
Yep. Just like Gran Turismo 5, inFamous 2 and Ocarina of Time 3D Man, GS sure does love its flops :P
HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts
its piqued my interest. maybe AAA?. :o
-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

Although I don't go by reviews, i'm waiting for some before I get too excited.

That being said, all I want is a general overview on how it plays, if it's got a terrible framerate and such.