Deus Ex: Human Revolution Hype Thread (New Reviews!) (HYPE- AAA)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#851 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

[QUOTE="IronBass"]Got it shipped yesterday (I love amazon.co.uk). Finished the first true mission (after you're augmented). Very fun so far, albeit the stealth could do with an extra layer of polish here and there. The conspiracy-filled atmosphere is great.kozzy1234

wait till you upgrade stuff, can improve stealth alot.

Mmm, dem vision cones. 8)
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

User Lists: 0

#852 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="IronBass"]Got it shipped yesterday (I love amazon.co.uk). Finished the first true mission (after you're augmented). Very fun so far, albeit the stealth could do with an extra layer of polish here and there. The conspiracy-filled atmosphere is great.Cherokee_Jack

I never really felt the need for them. Will probably be my next augmentation. Or the see through walls thing.

Personally i've been keeping my Praxis points until I come across a problem I want to tackle that needs to the proper Augmentation, I would probably have had to backtrack if I used them once I acquired them. (eg. upgrading to level 2 hacking, move large objects once I encounter a related problem that's in the way of my active mission objective)

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#853 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Played about 2 hours tonight , loving it so far! Can't wait till tomorrow when I can really sink some time into it
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#854 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts
Loving it so much. I never realised a game could make you feel so cunning. I wanted info from a guy to help out this chick who would give me 1000 credits. Except the info would cost 2000 credits. I thought, to hell with that I'll just pay up, and felt sorry for myself afterwards until I realised I could just knock him out and get back my money! I've been doing it to people who ask for bribes ever since :P
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#855 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
Loving it so much. I never realised a game could make you feel so cunning.ocstew
That's the way games used to be in the 90s and before.A lot of love went into those games and human revolution is a nod in the right direction.... It's too bad that it's all about profit-by-any-means-necessary" these days.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#856 illmatic87

I wish you can send out e-mails in the game.

If there was an option to do so, I would immediately send out something that looks like this:

Dear goons that patrol hostile areas in Deus Ex.

I've come to write this email just to say that im sorry.

By profession, i've had to let go of whatever the cruel political correctness that you are trying to **** me over with. I mean, dont get the right idea here -- I do listen to Hip-Hop and watch NBA (and just in case, I dont listen to Eminem nor do I support the predominantly Caucasian Utah Jazz); but really, this isnt a decision based on the fact that you all happen to be African American or anything... It's more of a decision based on the fact that you guys were just in my way.

As unfortunate as it is: there isnt an Augmentation that changes the race and colour of my skin to make the situation slightly more appropriate. So, it's hard to justify how each of my lethal takedowns have been mistakably performed on a patrol that happened to be of an African American descent. For that reason, I perfectly understand if you think my actions were an act of racism; But to be clear: my actions were an act of professionalism and of mere co-incidence, so I ask as a professional that you would understand.

Yours Sincerely.

Adam Jensen. Adam Jensen

:|

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#857 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I wish you can send out e-mails in the game.

If there was an option to do so, I would immediately send out something that looks like this:

[quote="Adam Jensen"] Dear goons that patrol hostile areas in Deus Ex.

I've come to write this email just to say that im sorry.

By profession, i've had to let go of whatever the cruel political correctness that you are trying to **** me over with. I mean, dont get the right idea here -- I do listen to Hip-Hop and watch NBA (and just in case, I dont listen to Eminem nor do I support the predominantly Caucasian Utah Jazz); but really, this isnt a decision based on the fact that you all happen to be African American or anything... It's more of a decision based on the fact that you guys were just in my way.

As unfortunate as it is: there isnt an Augmentation that changes the race and colour of my skin to make the situation slightly more appropriate. So, it's hard to justify how each of my lethal takedowns have been mistakably performed on a patrol that happened to be of an African American descent. For that reason, I perfectly understand if you think my actions were an act of racism; But to be clear: my actions were an act of professionalism and of mere co-incidence, so I ask as a professional that you would understand.

Yours Sincerely.

Adam Jensen. illmatic87

:|

my email would go like this:

Dear Ms. Barret,

Sorry for your loss. Somehow your son didn't realise that mines and frag grenades were a lethal combination.Fortunately, I did.

Yours truly,

Adam Jensen.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#858 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Got it shipped yesterday (I love amazon.co.uk). Finished the first true mission (after you're augmented). Very fun so far, albeit the stealth could do with an extra layer of polish here and there. The conspiracy-filled atmosphere is great.IronBass

i bought it from there too :P

If you live near a distro centre for them ( i mean 20min drive) you can pick the cheapest delivery and its guaranteed to still drop on your doorstep the next day xD

Finally i've got 2 weeks off work to myself *kicks back and relaxes* this game is getting played obsessively xD.

Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#859 Jesus_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 2022 Posts

Sweet Jesus the games gets hard when you get to [spoiler] Tai Yong Medical in that one room with the lasers [/spoiler]

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#860 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61543 Posts

Sweet Jesus the games gets hard when you get to *snip* Glitchspot *snip*

Jesus_on_fire

The cloaking system is your friend. They can't detect you when cloaked.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#861 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="Jesus_on_fire"]

Sweet Jesus the games gets hard when you get to *snip* Glitchspot *snip*

lundy86_4

The cloaking system is your friend. They can't detect you when cloaked.

was thinking bout that as a Praxis upgrade but im not sure want more dermal armor upgrades :( and hacking never be anywhere without hacking :'(

btw sneaking and sniping folks = WIN especially when you can stay out of sight :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#862 lundy86_4

was thinking bout that as a Praxis upgrade but im not sure want more dermal armor upgrades :( and hacking never be anywhere without hacking :'(

btw sneaking and sniping folks = WIN especially when you can stay out of sight :P

razgriz_101

Oh God, it's so useful for when sneaking. When fully upgraded you are looking at 7 seconds per battery of sneaking bliss.

When going for the achievement for no alarms, it's a useful tactic.

I haven't tried sniping in any way yet (i'm going for the Pacifist achievement) :(

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#863 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]The game so far is amazing, if they made bladerunner into a modern game, I'd imaging it would be similar to this.AdobeArtist

made myself sit trough bladerunner because I had never seen it and herd so much about it. Not a bad movie but I dont see what makes it great. There were alot of epic movies in the 80's and sadly for me that is not one of them. Dues does remind me of that movie alot though now that you mention it, I wouldnt be surprised if they took alot of there ideas from there.

Bladerunner was very ahead of its time back in the day. It tackled philosophical ideas of what makes something truly alive, as the artifical humanoids (replicants that were made to look human but still considered property) in the story are achieving true conconciousness.

And you gotta remember this is back in the very early 80's when machines were thought to be strictly automatons. In other stories when they rebelled against their creators it was simply the result of faulty circuit processing. With Bladerunner, the replicants were pursuing their freedom as they discovered self awareness.

Off to watch Bladerunner again, love that film.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#864 heretrix

(i'm going for the Pacifist achievement) :(

lundy86_4

I'm not actively going for that, but I'm playing doing mostly takedowns and no lethal force. The ol' tap on the shoulder sucker punch never gets old.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#865 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

(i'm going for the Pacifist achievement) :(

heretrix

I'm not actively going for that, but I'm playing doing mostly takedowns and no lethal force. The ol' tap on the shoulder sucker punch never gets old.

I have 39 of 49 achievements so i'm hoping to get close to 1000 on this game (very few actually make me want to do it). The non-lethal takedowns certainly never get old though :P

I can't wait to do the lethal takedowns, cos I wanna see them as well!

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#866 illmatic87

Interesting read, cant say I agree, but nice try by the writer.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/in-defense-of-the-boss-battles-of-deus-ex-human-revolution.ars

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#867 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="IronBass"]Got it shipped yesterday (I love amazon.co.uk). Finished the first true mission (after you're augmented). Very fun so far, albeit the stealth could do with an extra layer of polish here and there. The conspiracy-filled atmosphere is great.Cherokee_Jack

I really love the options you get for all the possible skill trees in levelling your character. But does anybody else feel the progression is a bit too slow? I mean only one praxis point in each level up? In most other RPGs, in your very early levels you get a handful of points to allocate (your choice to either focus on 1 tree to max out or speread about multiple needed skills), then after a certain level tier just a couple, and it gradually ebbs down to one per level when you've already sufficiently built up a few trees.

At each level in Deus Ex, I get frustrated with how to make the choice in spending that 1 (and only 1) praxis point. I mean I really want to improve the cloak to make it more energy efficient, but then again I could really use that extra energy cell. Or I have to choose between a hack capture upgrade to be able to access those higher level locks, or the other useful features that adds advntages to reading the networks. And still I always need more energy cells so I can power the cloak and also do more than 1 silent take down. Those energy bars seem too far and few in between.

At first I was hesitant to use my money to buy those praxis kits at the LIMB clinic, but when I realized that my early desicion to go stealth and non-lethal for that 100G achievement, meant not needing to buy weapons or related upgrades, I said screw it. I went back and bought the 2 of them. But seriously Eidos, cut guy some slack in the beginning levels so I can jump start from zero to a semi decent cyborg already :(

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#868 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

AdobeArtist

I really love the options you get for all the possible skill trees in levelling your character. But does anybody else feel the progression is a bit too slow? I mean only one praxis point in each level up? In most other RPGs, in your very early levels you get a handful of points to allocate (your choice to either focus on 1 tree to max out or speread about multiple needed skills), then after a certain level tier just a couple, and it gradually ebbs down to one per level when you've already sufficiently built up a few trees.

At each level in Deus Ex, I get frustrated with how to make the choice in spending that 1 (and only 1) praxis point. I mean I really want to improve the cloak to make it more energy efficient, but then again I could really use that extra energy cell. Or I have to choose between a hack capture upgrade to be able to access those higher level locks, or the other useful features that adds advntages to reading the networks. And still I always need more energy cells so I can power the cloak and also do more than 1 silent take down. Those energy bars seem too far and few in between.

At first I was hesitant to use my money to buy those praxis kits at the LIMB clinic, but when I realized that my early desicion to go stealth and non-lethal for that 100G achievement, meant not needing to buy weapons or related upgrades, I said screw it. I went back and bought the 2 of them. But seriously Eidos, cut guy some slack in the beginning levels so I can jump start from zero to a semi decent cyborg already :(

That´s exactly the point of the game,to have you make thoughtful decisions on what you should upgrade or not,and if you ask me,they actually give you more than they should,I still haven´t finished the game and I already have about3/4 of the augs already.

If you think this of HR,you would hate the first one. :P

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#870 illmatic87

dohohoho.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#871 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23031 Posts

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt one of the gripes in the game from Kevin V the repeating lines from NPC's? because im 3/4 of the way through china and still have yet to hear a line repeated... and I talk to everybody. I agree the graphics are a little dated but not too bad. I actually find this game to so far be the most enjoyable and immersive game Ive played since ME2 and RDR. Its AAA quality for me.

My favorite aspect of this game is the summerization of many great qualities of other games. I love the cover system, the customization, conversation branching and choices... even the LA NOIRE style confrontation interrogations found in many encounters.

Love this game.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#872 TheEroica  Moderator

Enjoying this so far. I'm an older gamer and find flaws in a lot of games these days and find them incredibly dumbed down and simplistic, but this game kind of fits the bill of what I've been looking for in some regards. I wish there was more actual puzzle solving, but there is thought in how you approach scenarios and different problems you face. The game/level design is really well designed and thought out. I also like that the game is fairly open world without being too overwhelming, although I wish they had vehicles to kind of mix it up a bit. The setting and atmosphere is also very cool in a futuristic rise of the dragon, blade runner sort of way. Cool characters, good voice acting, story driven all good.

I actually like this moreso than Metal Gear. Although it is that same flavor of game. I was never a big fan of metal gear, but maybe I'm just becoming more accepting trying to find a ****of game I like? It definately fits in that metal gear, splinter cell genre and adds mass effect type rpg elements, and fallout 3 type loot. I don't really consider this game that original for that reason. It's still ultimately a meld of different genres. I'm not big on the first person aspect of it, but it's a good game. One of the better games this gen.

This game seems more focused on gameplay than a game like Metal Gear, and is more atmospheric too imo. It's very story driven but i more feel like i'm playing the story more like splinter cell in that regard but it's not linear and has more meat to it as far as rpg elements and ways to approach different things.

Makes me wonder what Rockstars Agent is going to be like. MAybe like this but on a much grander scale. I'm also looking forward to Dead Island. It's about time they do a little more with open world action adeventure games then just GTA ****stuff. And more with shooters than just that. Too much linear or repetitive crap these days. I guess my main point is this game has a little more meat to it. It's not the end all be all, but not bad.

Celtic_34

excellent assessment.... It pulls from so many games that its like slipping on an old pair of slippers.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#873 heretrix

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/in-defense-of-the-boss-battles-of-deus-ex-human-revolution.ars

illmatic87

Yeah, I'm not buying it either. While I have an extreme dislike for boss battles, if they are done well, they can be fun. In this case they are just badly done.

There is no defense for that. It's just bad game design.Wich is a shame because the game effing rocks.

I understand Adam having or WANTING to kill these guys, they are after all responsible for the death of his ex girlfriend and his disfigurement.What I don't understand is how these encounters were not handled with the same thoughful design as the rest of the game. (for the most part).They are pivotal encounters and they play like any other bad boss battle.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#874 heretrix

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt one of the gripes in the game from Kevin V the repeating lines from NPC's? because im 3/4 of the way through china and still have yet to hear a line repeated... and I talk to everybody. I agree the graphics are a little dated but not too bad. I actually find this game to so far be the most enjoyable and immersive game Ive played since ME2 and RDR. Its AAA quality for me.

My favorite aspect of this game is the summerization of many great qualities of other games. I love the cover system, the customization, conversation branching and choices... even the LA NOIRE style confrontation interrogations found in many encounters.

Love this game.

TheEroica

I think it was the broadcasts that he was talking about.Those are pretty terrible, especially if you are like me and want to explore every inch of the map.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#875 heretrix

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

AdobeArtist

yeah, it's a bit rough in the beginning, but at least they did you a solid by automatically enabling certain augs from the start.I actually like the slow progression. It forces you to be a bit more open minded. It made me look for other ways to do things because I had chosen a path, but at that moment my character's skillset wasn't what I needed to get past something. I haven't had to do that in a long time. It felt good.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#876 razgriz_101

decided to start over now i've got a bit more of a grip and a mind to play the game itself :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#877 TheEroica  Moderator

[QUOTE="illmatic87"]

heretrix

Yeah, I'm not buying it either. While I have an extreme dislike for boss battles, if they are done well, they can be fun. In this case they are just badly done.

There is no defense for that. It's just bad game design.Wich is a shame because the game effing rocks.

I understand Adam having or WANTING to kill these guys, they are after all responsible for the death of his ex girlfriend and his disfigurement.What I don't understand is how these encounters were not handled with the same thoughful design as the rest of the game. (for the most part).They are pivotal encounters and they play like any other bad boss battle.

Ive only encountered Barrett thus far and he was a frag to the knees followed by assault rifle to the face, repeat with EMP grenade and done... should I be worried about whats to come? I will add too, that I never play a game first time through trying to accomplish a major game changing achievment (no kills, no alarms etc.) so im not worried about my means of passing these bosses.
Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#878 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

My biggest problem of DE:HR from an RPG stand point is that it favors one playstyle over others. If you want to progress faster, get more experience, you have to use stealthy non-lethal approach. Jensen gets experience bonus if he isn't detected or he only uses stun takedowns. Also killing targets is noicy as hell. You can use non-lethal takedown just couple feets away from other guards, but if you kill the guy "silently" everyone in the neighborhood will hear it. So, not only killing people will get Jensen less experience, it will also make the game harder. I didn't care though, on my first playthrough I was on vengeance and killed everyone I could.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#879 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="illmatic87"]

TheEroica

Ive only encountered Barrett thus far and he was a frag to the knees followed by assault rifle to the face, repeat with EMP grenade and done... should I be worried about whats to come? I will add too, that I never play a game first time through trying to accomplish a major game changing achievment (no kills, no alarms etc.) so im not worried about my means of passing these bosses.

I've only beaten Barret myself but from what i've read they are all pretty bad. That was in EVERY review or discussion that I've read. my pattern for Barret was drop a mine, then hot him with a frag when he's stunned.

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#880 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

My biggest problem of DE:HR from an RPG stand point is that it favors one playstyle over others. If you want to progress faster, get more experience, you have to use stealthy non-lethal approach. Jensen gets experience bonus if he isn't detected or he only uses stun takedowns. Also killing targets is noicy as hell. You can use non-lethal takedown just couple feets away from other guards, but if you kill the guy "silently" everyone in the neighborhood will hear it. So, not only killing people will get Jensen less experience, it will also make the game harder. I didn't care though, on my first playthrough I was on vengeance and killed everyone I could.

Icarian
There are fewer pure combat augs however. I did a Rambo playthrough my first time through and towards the end I was putting points in random stuff just to spend them. There are substantially more stealth-related augs so it makes more sense (at least to me) to have more Praxis to spend on them. It's largely balanced out too by the fact that unless you're non-lethally taking down everyone, you get more money to buy more Praxis kits as pure combat anyways. The game also takes quite a bit longer to get through stealthily in my experience so far.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#881 lundy86_4

Gah, I only have 5 achievements left to get!

1. Consciousness is Over-rated
  2. Foxiest of the Hounds (lol)
  3. Doctorate
  4. Gun Nut
  5. The Fall
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#882 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="heretrix"]Yeah, I'm not buying it either. While I have an extreme dislike for boss battles, if they are done well, they can be fun. In this case they are just badly done.

heretrix

I've only beaten Barret myself but from what i've read they are all pretty bad. That was in EVERY review or discussion that I've read. my pattern for Barret was drop a mine, then hot him with a frag when he's stunned.

I just unloaded on him with a few rockets, them a emp, and 4 shotgun blasts, and he was done like 1 min battle.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#883 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Gah, I only have 5 achievements left to get!

1. Consciousness is Over-rated
  2. Foxiest of the Hounds (lol)
  3. Doctorate
  4. Gun Nut
  5. The Fall
lundy86_4
I think Foxiest of the hounds is impossible. :P
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#884 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="TheEroica"] Ive only encountered Barrett thus far and he was a frag to the knees followed by assault rifle to the face, repeat with EMP grenade and done... should I be worried about whats to come? I will add too, that I never play a game first time through trying to accomplish a major game changing achievment (no kills, no alarms etc.) so im not worried about my means of passing these bosses.Advid-Gamer

I just unloaded on him with a few rockets, them a emp, and 4 shotgun blasts, and he was done like 1 min battle.

3 mines, 2 frags. Done.Yeah, he's pretty easy.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#885 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

There are fewer pure combat augs however. I did a Rambo playthrough my first time through and towards the end I was putting points in random stuff just to spend them. There are substantially more stealth-related augs so it makes more sense (at least to me) to have more Praxis to spend on them. It's largely balanced out too by the fact that unless you're non-lethally taking down everyone, you get more money to buy more Praxis kits as pure combat anyways. The game also takes quite a bit longer to get through stealthily in my experience so far.Kiro0

Problem is that I was playing as silent predator. I tried to kill people stealthily. Usually, when I killed someone with a takedown, I didn't have enough time to hide the body before someone came to investigate. So I was forced to use non-lethal approach, until I got silencer. Silenced pistol became my favorite. I had the pre-order bonus silenced sniper rifle, but Jensen won't find ammo for it for the first couple missions, so I rarely used. And the sniper rifle doesn't kill heavy weapons soldiers with one headshot. Pistol does.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#886 lundy86_4

I think Foxiest of the hounds is impossible. :Pmillerlight89

It's gonna take a lot of saving. I'm not looking forward to it :(

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#887 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] I think Foxiest of the hounds is impossible. :Plundy86_4

It's gonna take a lot of saving. I'm not looking forward to it :(

Oh for sure. I was trying to do on this playthrugh I am on now, but it is just too frustrating. If I shoot someone in the back with my tranq gun they are alerted right before they pass out. So needless to say I gave up on that idea :P
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#888 lundy86_4

Oh for sure. I was trying to do on this playthrugh I am on now, but it is just too frustrating. If I shoot someone in the back with my tranq gun they are alerted right before they pass out. So needless to say I gave up on that idea :Pmillerlight89

:lol:

Stupid guards! You're meant to just fall unconscious so as not to make it insanely impossible!

I wonder if difficulty setting has any impact on the enemy AI. If it does, I may just rock Easy all the way through!

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#889 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Took me 20 hours to beat the game and thought it was a great game.

So sad that it took me longer to beat Deus Ex than Dragon Age II.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#890 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Fizzman
Why? There both rpg's, both are supposed to be longer then a average game. That was just another pointless stab at DA2
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#891 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Fizzman

Damn, I am 29 hours into the game and just nearing the end :P

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#892 Cherokee_Jack
Does Foxiest of the Hounds actually require you to never alert anyone, or just not set off the alarm system?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#893 lundy86_4

Does Foxiest of the Hounds actually require you to never alert anyone, or just not set off the alarm system?Cherokee_Jack

I believe it's when it says "Hostile". You can have "Alarmed" AFAIK.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#894 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]Does Foxiest of the Hounds actually require you to never alert anyone, or just not set off the alarm system?lundy86_4

I believe it's when it says "Hostile". You can have "Alarmed" AFAIK.

That's not so bad, I guess. But I already had some guys go hostile, so I'll probably never get it (though I might get Pacifist). I plan to go all Robocop on my second playthrough.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#895 lundy86_4

That's not so bad, I guess. But I already had some guys go hostile, so I'll probably never get it (though I might get Pacifist). I plan to go all Robocop on my second playthrough. Cherokee_Jack

When you play through the game again, it seems so much easier. My first playthrough (which I tried on hard), I had to decrease the difficulty. My second playthrough I didn't have any issues, and even got the Pacifist achievement.

I'm planning on going Robocop for my 3rd playthrough. It's gonna be epic!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#896 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]That's not so bad, I guess. But I already had some guys go hostile, so I'll probably never get it (though I might get Pacifist). I plan to go all Robocop on my second playthrough. lundy86_4

When you play through the game again, it seems so much easier. My first playthrough (which I tried on hard), I had to decrease the difficulty. My second playthrough I didn't have any issues, and even got the Pacifist achievement.

I'm planning on going Robocop for my 3rd playthrough. It's gonna be epic!

Robocop? As in kill everyone? Thats what I am doing, I dont have the patience to sneak and not kill anyone.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#897 lundy86_4

Robocop? As in kill everyone? Thats what I am doing, I dont have the patience to sneak and not kill anyone. Advid-Gamer

Yep. Basically heavily invest into augs that'll help me absorb damage, limit recoil and otherwise **** stuff up :P

Some of the cheevos I still need require another stealth playthrough though :(

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#898 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] Robocop? As in kill everyone? Thats what I am doing, I dont have the patience to sneak and not kill anyone. lundy86_4

Yep. Basically heavily invest into augs that'll help me absorb damage, limit recoil and otherwise **** stuff up :P

Some of the cheevos I still need require another stealth playthrough though :(

Yeah that's what I did. Punching through walls is always awesome, too.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#899 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I have been doing a pretty even mix of stealth and shooting, Id say 60% stealth and 40% shooting, been a blast so far!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#900 lundy86_4

Yeah that's what I did. Punching through walls is always awesome, too.

Kiro0

I even used it in my stealth playthrough :P It came in rather handy.