Detroit Become Human E3 2016 vs 2018 Demo PS4 Pro Graphics Comparison (Another Downgrade)

  • 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for oliversnyders
#1 Posted by OliverSnyders (7 posts) -

The 2016 one looks better. The left side has better lighting and seems more natural, and also has more detail on the faces.

Avatar image for quadknight
#2 Posted by QuadKnight (12149 posts) -

I wonder who's alt this is.

Avatar image for vaeh
#3 Posted by Vaeh (189 posts) -

lol E3 is fraud. Sony is master of downgrades.

Avatar image for recloud
#4 Posted by ReCloud (3016 posts) -

@quadknight: Pedro's alt probably

Avatar image for rafaelmsoares
#5 Posted by rafaelmsoares (621 posts) -

Lems being desperate as usual.... and the funniest part of it all is that Sea of Thieves didn't even need a downgrade to look like crap and even then it was downgraded from the already awful looking trailer shown at E3

Avatar image for jtothamtothap
#6 Posted by JtoThaMtoThaP (965 posts) -

Yeah the overall graphics of the demo were bad....the faces up close, look great but that's about it.

Avatar image for RR360DD
#7 Posted by RR360DD (13954 posts) -

Shocking

Avatar image for tigerbalm
#8 Posted by Tigerbalm (995 posts) -

The God of War effect.

Avatar image for reduc_ab_
#9 Posted by Reduc_Ab_ (5842 posts) -

Nice alt.

Avatar image for Black96Z
#10 Posted by Black96Z (728 posts) -

Being that this is a demo could be part of the reason. There have been games in the past that have had differences between their demo/beta vs final versions.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#11 Posted by lundy86_4 (49774 posts) -

Par for the course nowadays.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#12 Posted by I_P_Daily (8065 posts) -

@recloud said:

@quadknight: Pedro's alt probably

Are you quacks???

Avatar image for Larsa_Ferrinas
#13 Edited by Larsa_Ferrinas (153 posts) -

@rafaelmsoares: Sea of thieves did have downgrade tho. Didn't they already prove that Detroit didn't have a downgrade.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#14 Posted by SolidGame_basic (22988 posts) -

You keep watching that video.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
#15 Edited by Zero_epyon (12468 posts) -

Looks more like changes in lighting and maybe some changes in skin tone. Otherwise, details are mostly the same with some areas better, like the Model number on the Android's back.

Avatar image for joshrmeyer
#16 Posted by JoshRMeyer (9798 posts) -

2018 looks better. The blue filter is international to give a sad, cold mood. More details in the 2018 one also. Not sure what you're seeing in the 2016 version. Both look great though.

Avatar image for rafaelmsoares
#17 Edited by rafaelmsoares (621 posts) -

@Larsa_Ferrinas said:

@rafaelmsoares: Sea of thieves did have downgrade thou.

Yeah... right

Avatar image for navyguy21
#18 Posted by navyguy21 (14986 posts) -

I dont think many people (except a select few blind fanboys............you know who you are) thought that it would look like the initial reveal and gameplay.

All of David Cage's games had downgrades.

Im only interested in whether it is a good game.

Heavy Rain was solid, and PS4 version of Beyond was great (PS3 version had too many performance issues to be enjoyable).

This one looks like he actually listened to feedback so i dont care about the downgrade.

Will definitely get it at some point, still havent finished the previous 2

Avatar image for quadknight
#19 Posted by QuadKnight (12149 posts) -
@recloud said:

@quadknight: Pedro's alt probably

You're probably right.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#20 Posted by foxhound_fox (97215 posts) -

Of course it's a downgrade. Anyone who thinks an E3 demo is going to look as good in it's final form on a console is heavily deluded. E3 demos are usually "target renders" and the final release version of the game is one that gets as close to that target as possible while still being able to run smoothly/properly.

Avatar image for howmakewood
#21 Posted by Howmakewood (5233 posts) -

Alt Wars

Avatar image for Epak_
#22 Edited by Epak_ (10312 posts) -

The game looked bad? Imo it looked better than GoW.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
#23 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9901 posts) -

It really does just look like they slapped a blue filter on it.

Avatar image for vvulturas
#24 Edited by vvulturas (1241 posts) -

Grasping at straws here.

Avatar image for xhawk27
#25 Posted by xhawk27 (10604 posts) -

@rafaelmsoares: On my PC it looks better than that.

Avatar image for xantufrog
#26 Posted by xantufrog (9255 posts) -

pretty sure we already discussed this

Avatar image for vvulturas
#27 Posted by vvulturas (1241 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

pretty sure we already discussed this

We did.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/detroit-become-human-the-downgrade-thread-33427005/?page=1

Avatar image for rafaelmsoares
#28 Posted by rafaelmsoares (621 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@rafaelmsoares: On my PC it looks better than that.

too bad it still doesn't look anywhere near good, as it's impossible because of the source material... not even with mods.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#31 Posted by princeofshapeir (16640 posts) -

the game didn't look that great to me, especially after playing god of war. especially considering it's trying to be a movie i expected really jaw-dropping stuff. but the demo itself was so fucking boring, i can't imagine how people can enjoy this crap. voice acting and dialogue is cringe-worthy as well. i sincerely hope this game does poorly so david cage takes a hint and stops making bad games.

Avatar image for xantufrog
#32 Edited by xantufrog (9255 posts) -

@vvulturas: sigh. over a month old. I'll allow it. Game releases soon; guess it's timely "sparring"

Avatar image for davillain-
#33 Posted by DaVillain- (30546 posts) -

@quadknight said:

I wonder who's alt this is.

That Membership Status gave it away so easy, you can tell this is a Lem's alt from a mile away lol.

Avatar image for Larsa_Ferrinas
#34 Posted by Larsa_Ferrinas (153 posts) -

@rafaelmsoares: I was agreeing with what you were saying. I said (did).

Avatar image for xhawk27
#35 Posted by xhawk27 (10604 posts) -

@rafaelmsoares said:
@xhawk27 said:

@rafaelmsoares: On my PC it looks better than that.

too bad it still doesn't look anywhere near good, as it's impossible because of the source material... not even with mods.

I don't get it. It's running on UE4.

Avatar image for davillain-
#36 Posted by DaVillain- (30546 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

the game didn't look that great to me, especially after playing god of war. especially considering it's trying to be a movie i expected really jaw-dropping stuff. but the demo itself was so fucking boring, i can't imagine how people can enjoy this crap. voice acting and dialogue is cringe-worthy as well. i sincerely hope this game does poorly so david cage takes a hint and stops making bad games.

As a sci-fi fan, you have to be a huge fan of the genre in order to like this game let alone if you have played any of David Cages games, you will NOT like this type of game at all. After playing the demo, Detroit: Being Human has that Blade Runner vibe going for since I'm a fan of the pop culture sci-fi.

Avatar image for xhawk27
#37 Posted by xhawk27 (10604 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@princeofshapeir said:

the game didn't look that great to me, especially after playing god of war. especially considering it's trying to be a movie i expected really jaw-dropping stuff. but the demo itself was so fucking boring, i can't imagine how people can enjoy this crap. voice acting and dialogue is cringe-worthy as well. i sincerely hope this game does poorly so david cage takes a hint and stops making bad games.

As a sci-fi fan, you have to be a huge fan of the genre in order to like this game let alone if you have played any of David Cages games, you will NOT like this type of game at all. After playing the demo, Detroit: Being Human has that Blade Runner vibe going for since I'm a fan of the pop culture sci-fi.

I found it really boring. Might wait for a sale later this year.

Avatar image for davillain-
#38 Posted by DaVillain- (30546 posts) -

@xhawk27: It's a David Cage game and this game isn't for everyone. It's meant for sci-fi enthusiast in a sense, so yeah, it's best to wait for a sale or by PS+

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#39 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (2105 posts) -
@rafaelmsoares said:

Lems being desperate as usual.... and the funniest part of it all is that Sea of Thieves didn't even need a downgrade to look like crap and even then it was downgraded from the already awful looking trailer shown at E3

I know! Sea of Thieves was STILL downgraded, despite having Fortnite-type graphics.

Loading Video...

Not to defend Detroit, since I don't think the game will be that great, but for Team Xbox to talk about downgrades, they need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Avatar image for recloud
#40 Posted by ReCloud (3016 posts) -

@i_p_daily: why are you defending your husband?

Avatar image for recloud
#41 Posted by ReCloud (3016 posts) -

@davillain-: I guess I'll love it then.

Avatar image for lilseb93
#42 Posted by Lilseb93 (372 posts) -

I don't really see a downgrade. There's just some changes such as in the lighting. This is a stretch. I think it's going to be a very pretty. It's the gameplay that's not going to appeal to everyone.

Avatar image for Pedro
#43 Posted by Pedro (31181 posts) -

@recloud said:

@quadknight: Pedro's alt probably

LOL. Says the alt. You should learn by now Alt, that I don't Alt because I am not afraid to share my liking or disdain of anything. Maybe you should come out of hiding.

Avatar image for recloud
#45 Posted by ReCloud (3016 posts) -

@Pedro: lol @ butthurt answer. We know OP is your alt.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#46 Posted by lamprey263 (35499 posts) -

I would probably judge this game more on its story execution and choice consequence system than nitpick graphics.

Avatar image for xhawk27
#47 Posted by xhawk27 (10604 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: All maxed settings the Water and sunsets are incredible. Best I have ever seen in a videogame.

Avatar image for Pedro
#48 Posted by Pedro (31181 posts) -

@recloud said:

@Pedro: lol @ butthurt answer. We know OP is your alt.

Says the Alt. Keep hiding. LMAO. Only an Alt like you will think I will use an Alt because you are too busy Alting.

Avatar image for shawty_beatz
#49 Posted by Shawty_Beatz (1269 posts) -

I was scared for a second but then I saw that some crappy alt posted it, nice try but I'll wait for the final product.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#50 Posted by MonsieurX (37718 posts) -

@recloud said:

@Pedro: lol @ butthurt answer. We know OP is your alt.

It's ironic that you play the alt card