Destiny will destroy Titanfall

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Poll Destiny will destroy Titanfall (83 votes)

Yes 45%
No 48%
7%

Let's be honest, the only reason why titanfall has received any type of hype, is due to it being a platform exclusive "Well Console Exclusive" this game would have been another fps game, if it were available on every system.

Not only are bungie better devs than infinity ward/Respawn, my proof is, halo 3 > cod 4. But Destiny is showing the next evolution in FPS games, while Titanfall is just call of duty with mechs.

• 
jeffmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 jeffmonster
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

An as an Xbox One owner I get to play both...poor cows

Play nice. These poor Playstation fanatics have no good games. Don't rub it in.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@speedfog said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@speedfog said:

In sales? Not sure.

Gameplay? Yeah I think so.

Will kill Titanfall in sales by virtue of simply being available on PS3/PS4

Dream longer.

You are crazy if you think Titanfall is gonna sell more than Destiny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#53 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Meh... both look unapealing to me. I'l give the edge to destiny because of its artstyle. Gameplay wise both look like yet another generic FPS shooters.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I think that Titanfall looks more interesting.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

The two games don't really share any similarities. I would compare Destiny with Borrlands and The Division. Titanfall will appeal to the mass majority of gamers. Being like Call Of Duty, its quick easy and not time consuming. It's the reason why COD is more popular than Battlefield. Destiny will require more time to play. I only get 2-4. hours a week. A game like Destiny, I'll probably spend more time travelling without action. Games like COD and Titanfall suit me more where I'm getting constant action and no lulls.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#56 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

The next Call of Duty will destroy them both. #CoDtheKing.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

I have not played a borderlands game yet ( 2 should be coming in from gamefly tomorrow and i will play it) but from what I have seen, it is not fair to say that Destiny will be just like it. I know for sure that Destiny will have a few planets to explore that have different factions with different ranks. I even saw a massive giant enemy in one of the trailers. I do think that its shooting controls are not going to be anything that is really new, but the overall skill tree for your character should be interesting, and the fact that your guns actually have an upgrade path that will give it unique powers and not faster reloads and larger clips is something to be appreciated. I just wish that more FPS would add platforming and actually show your character picking things up.

Now when discussing whether or not Destiny will beat Titanfall, we all know that people will buy what they want and I hope that both games do well. Be that as it may, I believe that Destiny is a lot more interesting that Titanfall. But Titanfall is a least offering more interaction with the environment with the booster packs and wall sprinting.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Sweenix said:

Now, i'm not saying titanfall won't be a bad game, in fact. It will likely end up as the second best FPS game this year, it's just not going to touch Destiny's greatness.

You've played Destiny? lol!! No?? Gamers have alreaady played Titanfall and everyone us saying it's great. Not saying Destiny won't be good as well, but if you think Destiny will destroy Titanfall, you're crazy.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@Boddicker said:

I too had high hopes for Destiny, but the more I learn about it the more I don't like it. For instance the game will have a built in story/campaign. Epic fail right there Bungie. The entire point of an MMORPG is letting players make their own stories.

And comparing a multiplat MMORPG to an exclusive FPS...................why?

Bungie has never once said it will be an MMO people just jump to that conclusion based on similarities with the genre.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#60 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong,Isn't there a pretty good chance that Titanfall won't stay a exclusive for too long.I'm sure I have read somewhere it will eventually go to the PS4 over time.Just wondering,not to fluff any feathers with anyone or piss people off.Thank You for any info.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

generic console shooters

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong,Isn't there a pretty good chance that Titanfall won't stay a exclusive for too long.I'm sure I have read somewhere it will eventually go to the PS4 over time.Just wondering,not to fluff any feathers with anyone or piss people off.Thank You for any info.

Its not even an exclusive to begin with

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I'd think cows would be far more interested in Titanfall given their tastes last gen.

One is an improvement on Halo which cows have hated immensely for 13 years, but most every CoD fanboy on system wars is a PlayStation fanboy as well, so Titanfall seems to be the natural fit for them.

Ah well. Xbone will get both games, so gg.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@brimmul777 said:

Silversix's display of cow angst at the matter answers your question for you Brimmul777. No, Titanfall will not be going to the ps4 or any playstation consoles. Microsoft set up a deal with EA to keep it only on Microsoft platforms. XB1, XB360, PC(with windows)...no Playstation.

thats the question he asked Silversix...will it be coming to Playstation. the answer is no...the "bu bu but, its not even exclusive to begin with" whine line had no place there.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By silversix_

@tymeservesfate said:

@silversix_ said:

@brimmul777 said:

Silversix's display of cow angst at the matter answers your question for you Brimmul777. No, Titanfall will not be going to the ps4 or any playstation consoles. Microsoft set up a deal with EA to keep it only on Microsoft platforms. XB1, XB360, PC(with windows)...no Playstation.

thats the question he asked Silversix...will it be coming to Playstation. the answer is no...the "bu bu but, its not even exclusive to begin with" whine line had no place there.

da fuk are you even talking about. The game comes out on three systems=/=exclusive. Titanfall is not coming on PS4. How many f*cks were given that day? Ghosts 2 is coming out at the end of the year, if some care so much about Titanfall kind of games you can always grab that brogamer title.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Why are 2 multiplats being compared? whats the point?

Titan Fall is an MMO FPS, Titan Fall is a small competitive FPS.

... what is the point in this thread?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@brimmul777 said:

Neither is Destiny. Cows are praising Destiny like it's the 2nd coming after their precious KZ:SF FLOP. They complain about Titanfall being not exlusive, but Destiny isn't either. Lems will get to play both games anyways. Cows hated Halo, but now they love Destiny even though it's made by the same developer who made Halo. LMAO!! Cows wonder why everyone call them hypocrites. It's pretty easy to see why they are.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By silversix_

@blackace said:

@silversix_ said:

@brimmul777 said:

Neither is Destiny. Cows are praising Destiny like it's the 2nd coming after their precious KZ:SF FLOP. They complain about Titanfall being not exlusive, but Destiny isn't either. Lems will get to play both games anyways. Cows hated Halo, but now they love Destiny even though it's made by the same developer who made Halo. LMAO!! Cows wonder why everyone call them hypocrites. It's pretty easy to see why they are.

whaaaaat? no one is praising Destiny. Not cows, no lems, no one... That's the sad part. A game that is probably gonna be amazing is completely forgotten (available on both systems so for some reason no1 give a shit all of sudden) but trash like titanfall is getting all the attention... Destiny will be so much better than Titanfall that its like comparing Big Rigs to RDR, just doesn't make any sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

I've traditionally enjoyed Bungie's MP more. Not getting either until players say they're alright.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@silversix_:

You neither played both but yet say one is going to be amazing and the other trash

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By silversix_

@CroidX said:

@silversix_:

You neither played both but yet say one is going to be amazing and the other trash

yes, i have a pair of eyes and know in which category both will be in. One is going for a bigger bordlerands 2 with amazing art direction. the other is aiming brogamers/cod crowd. i don't care if the next call of duty scores 10/10, its still cod.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@silversix_:

So accusing a game of being for bro gamers or cod crowd yet I didn't see anything special about Destiny other than it seem like Halo and little mix of borderland. Also going for a bigger Borderlands 2 is nothing to brag about considering Borderland 2 itself still suffered from being tedious and repetitive like its predecessor.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Holy shit meltdown from silversix in here. Titanfall is GOTY, get over it

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

It's apples and oranges, TC. One is a competitive shooter, the other is an online cooperative experience.

Why does it have to be one or the other?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 silversix_

@RR360DD said:

Titanfall is GOTY, get over it

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

bungie before making a multiplat = third rate hacks that make a casual trash shooter.

bungie after making a multiplat = uber talented saviors of gaming that will crush the competition.

lulz, gotta love system wars.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I'm pretty sure TitanFall has received a lot of hype because all of the gaming press was drooling over it at E3, constantly telling everyone how "fun" it is.

Lol yes - but we all know how well we can trust the gaming press. I wonder how many dollars per 100 views those previews earned the gaming press.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#78 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

That is the biggest non sense I've ever read. So the record amount of awards at E3 and other conventions was all because this game is coming to 360 and X1, not PS consoles? Do you know how stupid that sounds? So none of the people who had hands on time and raved about the game were telling the truth? Its all just the exclusion of PS consoles that brings the hype? WOW. As for the Destiny vs Titanfall, it wont matter for me, as I'll have both.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By tymeservesfate

@silversix_ said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@silversix_ said:

@brimmul777 said:

da fuk are you even talking about. The game comes out on three systems=/=exclusive. Titanfall is not coming on PS4. How many f*cks were given that day? Ghosts 2 is coming out at the end of the year, if some care so much about Titanfall kind of games you can always grab that brogamer title.

such angst, smh.

again, thats not what he asked. "I'm sure I have read somewhere it will eventually go to the PS4 over time.Just wondering" is what he asked about. that was his question. so again, your, "bu bu but, its not even exclusive to begin with" whine line had no place there.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Thread backfire

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#81 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Not interested in titanfall but I am interested in Destiny.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 tymeservesfate

@silversix_ said:

@CroidX said:

@silversix_:

yes, i have a pair of eyes and know in which category both will be in. One is going for a bigger bordlerands 2 with amazing art direction. the other is aiming brogamers/cod crowd. i don't care if the next call of duty scores 10/10, its still cod.

what do you think of the Halo games Silversix? i'm curious.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Destiny is made by bungie, the makers of the only worthwhile franchise in 360 that warranted me getting one borrowed from a friend to play it, titanfall is made by the people who made call of duty, so..... pretty much self explanatory, no thanks, lol, enjoy your ugly looking source engine game with bots and auto headshot weapons

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

One game has received high accolades for its gameplay by people who have played it. The other game has pretty artwork and a trailer. Its hard to get too excited about Destiny for anything except Bungie's track record right now.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

War of the multiplats.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I care about neither of them.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 silversix_

@tymeservesfate said:

@silversix_ said:

@CroidX said:

@silversix_:

well, since you're asking, ill tell you cuz you aren't on SW since the times ODST/halo3 came out. Halo CE my fav game of two gens ago. Halo 2 top 5 games of that same gen with the best multiplayer of that gen. Halo 3 went at midnight launch (the only i ever went to) was a huge disappointment for me. ODST was an overpriced DLC and the worst title Bungie created since Oni or wtf the game was called. Bought Reach but the game never reached, jetpacks and all that shit was a bad bad BAD idea. Halo 4 is the only Halo game i completely skipped. Story of my Halo, so what's up?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tymeservesfate

@silversix_ said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@silversix_ said:

@CroidX said:

@silversix_:

well, since you're asking, ill tell you cuz you aren't on SW since the times ODST/halo3 came out. Halo CE my fav game of two gens ago. Halo 2 top 5 games of that same gen with the best multiplayer of that gen. Halo 3 went at midnight launch (the only i ever went to) was a huge disappointment for me. ODST was an overpriced DLC and the worst title Bungie created since Oni or wtf the game was called. Bought Reach but the game never reached, jetpacks and all that shit was a bad bad BAD idea. Halo 4 is the only Halo game i completely skipped. Story of my Halo, so what's up?

uh...i was on this site since before the last gen systems launched. it was a different user name back then but i was here.

but that's interesting. so you feel that Bungie was awesome back then but started regressing after Halo 3. yet ur here now saying that there's no contest between Destiny and Titanfall. that Destiny will no doubt be the better game O_o well if you feel that Bungie has been kind of falling off all these years how are you so confident about them now? Titanfall has gone head up against Destiny at all the major conventions and still ended up being chosen as best FPS at most shows. but you still confidently give the game no chance at being better than Destiny even though the dev studio has been disappointing you constantly over the recent years? i don't get how that works....

also, i don't feel that way about Bungie. they've always been great devs to me and added some cool features to every installation of Halo game they released. ODST was even one of favorites, loved the atmosphere. its just odd to see you say how let down you've felt by them but then say how Destiny will win out over Titanfall easily. even though everyone who has played them both to an extent decidedly disagree with you. that's all, that's wsup.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@speedfog said:

In sales? Not sure.

Gameplay? Yeah I think so.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By silversix_

@tymeservesfate said:

@silversix_ said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@silversix_ said:

@CroidX said:

@silversix_:

uh...i was on this site since before the last gen systems launched. it was a different user name back then but i was here.

but that's interesting. so you feel that Bungie was awesome back then but started regressing after Halo 3. yet ur here now saying that there's no contest between Destiny and Titanfall. that Destiny will no doubt be the better game O_o well if you feel that Bungie has been kind of falling off all these years how are you so confident about them now? Titanfall has gone head up against Destiny at all the major conventions and still ended up being chosen as best FPS at most shows. but you still confidently give the game no chance at being better than Destiny even though the dev studio has been disappointing you constantly over the recent years? i don't get how that works....

also, i don't feel that way about Bungie. they've always been great devs to me and added some cool features to every installation of Halo game they released. ODST was even one of favorites, loved the atmosphere. its just odd to see you say how let down you've felt by them but then say how Destiny will win out over Titanfall easily. even though everyone who has played them both to an extent decidedly disagree with you. that's all, that's wsup.

Didn't read all this but can tell you about Bungie. Bungie is a company that rides on their success and that is my main problem with them since 07. They release a game that adds nothing new but worthless gimmick (bubble shield and such), 2-3 new weapons per new title and call it day. They release a game that looks extremely outdated for the time standards (halo 3 looked like halo 2 in 640p... and then release ODST two freaking years later that looks exactly the same WTF!?). You point that out and fanboys ALWAYS bring bullshit such as "if it isn't broken don't fix it". No, its not broken, its fking outdated,,,,,,, big difference. I feel like since Halo 2 the Halo games didn't progress at all, its like cod, they're riding their success train and don't want to evolve/progress. With Destiny EVERYTHING is new, its like Halo CE all over again and this is why im very excited for the game.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By tymeservesfate

@silversix_ said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@silversix_ said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@silversix_ said:

@CroidX said:

@silversix_:

Didn't read all this but can tell you about Bungie. Bungie is a company that rides on their success and that is my main problem with them since 07. They release a game that adds nothing new but worthless gimmick (bubble shield and such), 2-3 new weapons per new title and call it day. They release a game that looks extremely outdated for the time standards (halo 3 looked like halo 2 in 640p... and then release ODST two freaking years later that looks exactly the same WTF!?). You point that out and fanboys ALWAYS bring bullshit such as "if it isn't broken don't fix it". No, its not broken, its fking outdated,,,,,,, big difference. I feel like since Halo 2 the Halo games didn't progress at all, its like cod, they're riding their success train and don't want to evolve/progress. With Destiny EVERYTHING is new, its like Halo CE all over again and this is why im very excited for the game.

if you didnt read it then don't reply. why would i read your post after you said that...i'm not SolidTy lol.

when you finish my post and actually give yourself a chance to understand what i'm saying to you then i'm more than willing to read what you have to say and respond. until then...no, i havent read your post either.