Destiny 2 on sale - are you getting it?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

I got the PC version for $35 from GreenManGaming. Blizzard has it for $39 bucks. You can get the PS4/X1 versions for $27 or so on Amazon and other places. Will you be getting it, SW? I've been wanting to try it out and I'm really enjoying it so far. It feels right at home on PC especially because of the 60 FPS.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

No

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

Already bought, already regret it. No one plays anymore. Shuffled by azz to Warframe on PC. Worth every penny of that free to play goodness.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I picked it up at launch to play with my brother.

I got Assassins Creed Origins (PS4) at Best Buy for $35 and Yoshi Wooly World (3DS) at Target for $25 for my daughter. I also picked up a year of PS Plus for $40 on Amazon.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

I know that this is the internet, System Wars at that so you kinda have to take every comment here with a grain of salt... but even if it was free I honestly still wouldn't bother- that's just me though. I played the first one and didn't like it. Glad you're enjoying yourself though. Wasn't Peter Dinklage in the first one- did he get a paycheck for the sequel as well?

BLN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 BLN1
Member since 2017 • 128 Posts

Nope, no desire to.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

Nay. Looks baaad.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

It's great that they made a more fleshed out story from the first game, and part of me wanted to experience the game in 60+ fps at higher detail and especially in ultrawide. I had considered getting the game IF they adjusted the loot box system and other customization features, like making the shaders (skins) permanent inventory and not single use consumables (seriously FTW????). Mmmmmmmaybe.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

It's great that they made a more fleshed out story from the first game, and part of me wanted to experience the game in 60+ fps at higher detail and especially in ultrawide. I had considered getting the game IF they adjusted the loot box system and other customization features, like making the shaders (skins) permanent inventory and not single use consumables (seriously FTW????). Mmmmmmmaybe.

I have ultra wide too, it's sooo nice.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#10  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Still not cheap enough for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Hell no. I would not even waste my time playing that crappy game if it was given to me for free.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Getting it free with the GTX 1080ti I just bought.

Honestly with it came with a different game, doubt I'll play it.

Tried the first on PS4 and XB1, didn't really get into it

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Absolutely.

Not.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#14 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

yea I got it for 35 on GMG.

now to convince a friend to buy it to play through it with me...

JtoThaMtoThaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JtoThaMtoThaP
Member since 2016 • 1016 Posts

Nah

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I did end up buying it for PS4 in a sale.

Playing it now. It's more of the same but better... basically like 98% of sequels out there. Awesome skyboxes and minor gameplay tweaks that changed it enough from the 1st game.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it. But I was already a Destiny 1 player so this is no more, no less what I was already expecting

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

I already own it on PC, I play 2-4 hours a week at minimum. I may dip again for trophy purposes down the road on PS4, but I’m not interested until the whole DLC is included for the inferior version.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I already have it, picked it up day one for the Xbox One. I really enjoyed the game myself and am waiting for the dlc before I jump back into it again.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Nope

bought it on PC with about 8 friends, and no one plays anymore after 3 weeks.

The game is boring, no endgame and bungie expects us to buy DLC which probably has very little value.

I'm done with this franchise.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

Getting it free with the GTX 1080ti I just bought.

Honestly with it came with a different game, doubt I'll play it.

Tried the first on PS4 and XB1, didn't really get into it

If it's a code.. sell it or trade it via reddit or friends.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

Anyone knows if the season pass is on sale too? I need it

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Bungie lost its mojo a long time ago.

When they went multiplatform I got Destiny 1 for my PS4. It was a disappointment.

No plan on getting this game unless it goes up on PS+.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Bought it at launch. Enjoyed the first few weeks, but once the honeymoon is over, you see it for the shallow, empty game it really is.

Bungie are a fucking disgrace.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I used to be a huge Destiny fan but bungie ruined everything about the franchise with destiny 2, plz don't buy the game it's not worth it, I regret it big time

As long as bungie is the developer of Destiny it will never become what it was promised to be

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2066 Posts

Play it enjoy the story, then do not be surprised if the sheen wears off pretty quick, no it's not you the game has plenty to do but offers you no incentive to do any of it.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I f***ed up and ordered it a week before that offer... I still got it for £30. Not sure why they have PC game boxes with just a code in...

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

Did they implement matchmaking for raids or do you still need to use LFG?

stunt73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By stunt73
Member since 2004 • 81 Posts

If I got it for free I'd possibly have a go, but wouldn't pay money for it.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@AdobeArtist: I thought I was going to hate the single use shaders, but they honestly aren't that bad. You usually get so many that it makes it a non issue.

As for the topic at hand, I'm loving the game. While it's not perfect it's still a blast to play with friends. My biggest complaint is the grind is tailored to casuals, meaning it's to easy to get exotics and legendary engrams and you don't have to level them up like the first game making them seem less...special I guess. Still a worthwhile buy though IMO.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

No way. Not only population is getting lower and lower ( like some crybabies around a month back tried to debate vs me that what everyone was saying about games problem was a nosense ) for obvious reasons but DLCs upon that a month after games release ? So technically is not 35...

I want to say to all the debators ( you know who you are ) who were debating over this subject with me to cry me a river now. Or a sea. I love when the time comes to say this and it happens 99% of time. Specially when people attacking me for giving my thoughts. You should hear next time what people with hunderds or even of hours in Destiny have to say and not critics or few Gamespot individuals.... and stop being Blizzboys ( whatever comes from Blizz/Acti getting overhyped ).

Now i know you wont even dare to answer, go hide somewhere and listen to me next time ( and keep paying Acti for mediocre games and their DLCs all i care )

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I never played the first Destiny after the demo on my PS4 because I hate using a controller for a FPS game. I got this just because I wanted to give it a shot... So far not bad, BUT its pretty much shoot a bunch of waves and then shoot at a bullet sponge till it dies and drops something then move to another checkpoint. Meh.

I want Borderlands 3 already.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@AzatiS said:

You should hear next time what people with hunderds or even of hours in Destiny have to say and not critics or few Gamespot individuals.... and stop being Blizzboys ( whatever comes from Blizz/Acti getting overhyped ).

Destiny 2 is not a Blizzard game. Or it would actually be good and be highly played.

Overwatch is a Blizzard game, and is extremely active and popular.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

I buy destiny 2 possibly next year

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I got it with gold farm money so no regrets here. It's okayish, honestly it's frustrating in a lot of ways. Didn't play the first, but in this title we have a stupid story, annoying loot systems, lootbox bullshit, and some of the worst social features I have seen in any major multiplayer game in the last decade.

But eh it's got some good art and sound and doing co-op raid puzzle-esque material is pretty fun, plus the core loop is fine enough.

It might be worth it if you're bored waiting for something else to come out.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#37 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I have zero interest in playing more of this franchise unless they completely overhaul it.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

**** Destiny.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AzatiS

@zaryia said:
@AzatiS said:

You should hear next time what people with hunderds or even of hours in Destiny have to say and not critics or few Gamespot individuals.... and stop being Blizzboys ( whatever comes from Blizz/Acti getting overhyped ).

Destiny 2 is not a Blizzard game. Or it would actually be good and be highly played.

Overwatch is a Blizzard game, and is extremely active and popular.

Who said its blizzard game ?

Overwatch offers nothing more than games like Paladins and because its a blizzard game millions of fanboys spend full price for the game. Same exactly thing with Diablo 3, at least Overwatch its not bad as D3 was.

So keep being sheep all i care then dont cry out loud for games being shit, broken, low production values, alpha stage on release , milking, microtransactions and DLC day 1. Keep paying and fight against the ones have something to say against those big corporations ( like i did with Overwatch and its full price and some others around when game is screaming Free 2 Play or as i did with Diablo 3 the most epic letdown i ever had that free 2 play games like PoE make it look like SHIT ! )

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zaryia

@AzatiS said:

Overwatch offers nothing more than games like Paladins and because its a blizzard game millions of fanboys spend full price for the game. Same exactly thing with Diablo 3, at least Overwatch its not bad as D3 was.

So keep being sheep all i care then dont cry out loud for games being shit, broken, low production values, alpha stage on release , milking, microtransactions and DLC day 1.

Overwatch is one of the best scoring online titles in history, has among the highest player counts over a year after release, and has one of the best competitive scenes - even on PC.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/overwatch

https://www.gamerankings.com/pc/878359-overwatch/index.html

https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/?utm_source=Google%20US&utm_medium=Search&utm_content=23027317&utm_campaign=BLZ_OWL_L_Launch_SEM_Phase_1_Q4_2017_NA

Your opinion does not change the above facts.

Overwatch is an incredible game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46281 Posts

@indzman said:

No

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I came from a time when "Bungie" was a word held synonymous with "quality" and not "microtransactions" and "MMO".

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AzatiS

@zaryia said:
@AzatiS said:

So keep being sheep all i care then dont cry out loud for games being shit, broken, low production values, alpha stage on release , milking, microtransactions and DLC day 1.

Overwatch is one of the best scoring online titles in history, has among the highest player counts over a year after release, and has one of the best competitive scenes - even on PC.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/overwatch

https://www.gamerankings.com/pc/878359-overwatch/index.html

https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/?utm_source=Google%20US&utm_medium=Search&utm_content=23027317&utm_campaign=BLZ_OWL_L_Launch_SEM_Phase_1_Q4_2017_NA

Your opinion does not change the above facts.

Overwatch is an incredible game.

Yeah, you see what you saying ? Best scoring online titles. And Diablo 3 was one of the highest online scoring ARPGs ever and had record sales of over 13million yet was an utter crap on release. But yeah, its just my opinion who cares right ?

You see why youll keep getting milked till the end of time ? Because of people like you. Because this isnt about scores or populariy. Youre the finnest example of a fanboy that based on your fanboyism you letting go every BS big corporations like Blizzard doing.

Because when few of us raised our voice as of why the heck Overwatch to be a full priced game the official excuse from Blizzard was something like " we want everyone to have every champion from the get go so game being equal to all " ... Laughable excuse to charge 60$ for a game that offered nothing more than Paladins but whole video gaming media and myriad of fanboys let it go.

Why Blizzard decided to go with that model ? Because they knew it would sell because of people like you in the first place. It wouldnt matter if game would score 10/10 or 8/10. People would pay for it day 1 because thats the power of fanboyism, hype and marketing.

Also dont talk to me about about E-sports lol .... Just dont please, wont end up good for you im following E-sports since early 00s when you probably didnt even gaming back then i know pretty well what E-sports standing for, which games are highly competitive etc etc .. So let that aside because Overwatch is one of the worst experiences to watch as a viewer and because of that OW will never ever be a big E-sport medium. So forget the craps you saying or keep dreaming.

Now nothing wrong with game itself rather than how much of a sheep people are that willingly paying things they shouldnt and not only they paying ... they defending also their purchase.

With that being said, keep paying full prices for F2P caliber gamers, for moronic DLCs, microtransactions like lootboxes or whatever when already paid full price for the game and tell everyone that its nothing wrong since X games scored good or Z game is incredible.

Good for Blizzard for having people like you all over the world. Activision and EA too and every other developer/publisher that making billions just like that.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

“Destiny 2 on sale - are you getting it?”

HELL NO !

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Zaryia

@AzatiS said:

Yeah, you see what you saying ?

I'm not going to reply to an opinion post.

The facts I listed were not refuted.

-Extremely High scores across and awards the board.

-Extremely High player retention.

-Extremely High E-sports status.

I'm not one to debate opinion. That is futile. Either disprove the above facts or concede.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AzatiS

@zaryia said:
@AzatiS said:

Yeah, you see what you saying ?

I'm not going to reply to an opinion post.

The facts I listed were not refuted.

-Extremely High scores across and awards the board.

-Extremely High player retention.

-Extremely High E-sports status.

I'm not one to debate opinion. That is futile. Either disprove the above facts or concede.

What im talking is not opinion, are facts.

You can google the official Blizzards statement for the few that questioned their decision for Overwatch to not go free 2 play and laugh out loud. Wait, you dont even know about it right ? Because you didnt even questioned that at all !! Haha. Damn! Then you wondering why others trying to milk or making same or even worse decisions for their products ?

You dont know SHIT ( caps to emphasize, not rage ) about E-sports and how this thing works. I can tell

Extremely High e-sports status ? hahaha !

You are EXACTLY the guy, the kind of sheep of this era, i was talking about in my original post. So keep paying and keep praising at the same time. Dont cry afterwards about milkage or where these kind of craps heading to. And keep paying for micros and lootboxes while you already paid full price, its your money all i care. But stop getting brainwashed for once based on which company youre fans of. No excuses for the shits in the industry, period.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

@finalstar2007: I didn't plan on getting it in the first place, but those are some damning words. You played the hell out of the first game!

Finalstar isn't alone on this one! I was also a huge player Destiny on PS4, I got Destiny 2 on PC and my God, this game isn't as engaging as the first one. I expected so much more, I played it 2 weeks after launch and fell off the grid completely.

I don't even know how Bungie could fucks this shit up, the guys that made Halo games badass and yet, becomes a shit tier developer.

Guess I'm moving to Bioware's Anthem and give those guys a chance. From what I seen, Anthem looks like it could be more fun then Destiny itself.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zaryia

@AzatiS said:

You saying Overwatch is not a good video game is an opinion.

It has incredibly high reviews across the board, extremely high retention, and has a very good competitive scene. None of this has to do with sales, just quality.

According to both gamers and professionals, on average, it is a very good video game. These are the facts. You refuse to refute these facts, and are just spamming red-herrings and opinions.

P.S. If it was bad, it would have died 3 weeks into release like Destiny 2.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AzatiS

@zaryia said:
@AzatiS said:

You saying Overwatch is not a good video game is an opinion.

It has incredibly high reviews across the board, extremely high retention, and has a very good competitive scene. None of this has to do with sales, just quality.

According to both gamers and professionals, on average, it is a very good video game. These are the facts. You refuse to refute these facts, and are just spamming red-herrings and opinions.

P.S. If it was bad, it would have died 3 weeks into release like Destiny 2.

Noone denies if Overwatch is very good game or not. Paladins is also a very good game and its Free 2 play. Overwatch could have been EASILY a free 2 play game but because they knew people like you would easily give their 50$ for it ... why to ? Thats what happened and its keep happening.

Street Fighter 5 is a very good video game also, its gameplay its top, maybe no other game offered as tight gameplay as SF5 on its release, even now as we speak, yet it got eaten alive for not having few modes that it should while it costed full priced on its release. Remember ?

Whys that ? Double standards ? Not that big of fans of SF5 so we are more open minded when it comes to accept what is happening ? Im huge fan of SF series, in fact SF2 made me a video gamer and i wanted to play 24/7 video games as a kid, yet i understand why people and media slapped it all over the place.

Similar to FF7, im a fanboy of FF7. But i let aside my fanboyism and accepting the fact that FF7 was just a good/great or whatever JRPG but nowhere near the best ever like fanboys think of it. I can tell that because its a fact.

Get your facts in order if you wanna debate with me dont put words in my mouth i never said or spinning the point im trying to make. Mark my words right now, as i said for HOTS in the past :

If Overwatch was exactly the same game, exactly same gameplay, characters, maps but game wouldnt come from Blizzard... not only game wouldnt sell as much but im 100% sure that media and gamers alike would have eaten it ALIVE for being 59$ on release.

You know very well what im talking about.