Destiny 1080P on X1 confirmed by Bungie

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8061 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Antwan3K said:

Destiny performs worse on Xbox One?.. do you mind posting a link?.. and lol, Sniper Elite 3?.. how about using Wolfenstein instead? It performed virtually the same on both the PS4 and Xbox One at 1080p/60fps.. no "deeper graphical cutbacks" required.. oh, I forgot, that's your next excuse.. that's the next goal line.. gotcha.. good luck with that..

As far as 6~ years, I agree.. I personally hope for maybe 4-5 years and then we get new consoles with full backwards compatibility.. backwards compatibility needs to come back as a standard feature in my opinion..

Learn to read, what do you think the word "unless" means? I could use Wolfenstein but then you'd find out that it has dynamic resolution and that resolution drops more on the Xbone than the PS4 and that would make you very displeased. And yes, it was also cross-gen and had to work near-flawlessly on last-gen consoles too.

Hahahaha backwards compat is dead. They learned they can resell them instead. Enjoy Halo again. :)

Lol, you're that much of a fanboy that you don't want backwards compatibility back?.. I personally think that if either Sony or Microsoft releases new hardware within the next 4 years that's fully backwards compatible with their current consoles, they would have a huge leg up on the competition.. especially if the other company chooses to release their next console without that functionality..

Probably not going to happen though but that would be a good business decision.. I wouldn't be surprised it Nintendo pulls that move and releases new hardware that's more powerful than both the Xbox One and the PS4 but with full Wii U backwards compatibility within the next couple years.. that will be a killer move..

Oh well.. until then, RIP to backwards compatibility.. Enjoy The Last of Us again.. :)

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Mystery_Writer said:

Meanwhile whomever bought it on PS4 is not stressing about whether or not it'll make it to 1080p at launch.

@Shewgenja said:

Congratulations on getting a cross-gen cross-plat up to 1080p. Cookies shall be handed out.

Heh heh. Target destroyed.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts

Lmao console bitches fighting over 1080p how embarrassing!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

Lol, you're that much of a fanboy that you don't want backwards compatibility back?.. I personally think that if either Sony or Microsoft releases new hardware within the next 4 years that's fully backwards compatible with their current consoles, they would have a huge leg up on the competition.. especially if the other company chooses to release their next console without that functionality..

Probably not going to happen though but that would be a good business decision.. I wouldn't be surprised it Nintendo pulls that move and releases new hardware that's more powerful than both the Xbox One and the PS4 but with full Wii U backwards compatibility within the next couple years.. that will be a killer move..

Oh well.. until then, RIP to backwards compatibility.. Enjoy The Last of Us again.. :)

Did I say I didn't want backwards compat back? I'm bending to reality here and observing that pubs would rather re-release again with the platform holders inevitably getting a cut. Backwards compat ain't coming back. I want to see the glory days of sixth gen come back when all the consoles were good and there was none of this patching crap about, but you know what? It's not happening. ;_;

A Nintendo console will never be more powerful. It's something they've always done, "Lateral Thinking With Withered Technology." Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Backwards compatibility didn't help the Wii U, and it wouldn't surprise me if they start charging for online play next gen.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

Since the original was locked due to lack of posts....here it is again.

What excuse will cows use now? I argued with a few of you folks about this and now you must eat crow.

Edit: New article with statement from Bungie

Source

ā€œ[Destiny] runs at the same resolution [and] frame-rate as the PS4. We basically got together with Microsoft, and got a bunch of engineers here to work on optimizing and taking advantage of the system reserve. Basically that extra GPU time that Microsoft gave us ā€“ and yeah, we got it up to 1080p.ā€œ

What do you mean excuse , i dont get you .... Lems are the ones chasing PS4 on sales and performance . What do you mean excuse ?

X1 getting Destiny on 1080p , you really think Frames per Second or Graphical settings will be on par if that happens ? You really an 7790 can achieve what an 7850 can ? No it cant , period. And if they pushed Destiny to 1080p for X1 then it will lack something else ( either frames lag or graphical settings ) EXCEPT if they downgraded game in such degree to look and play the same on both consoles in purpose ( something that 95% of developers seems not be interested in ) which i dont want to believe.

The excuses that you all are using now....and I believe what Bungie states above...resolution and frame-rate is the same.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#106 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

It's sad that running the games in 1080p is news now . But it seems like resolution is going to be biggest discussion of this entire gen .

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

It's sad that running the games in 1080p is news now . But it seems like resolution is going to be biggest discussion of this entire gen .

Nah, just the first year or maybe even 2. Once the XBox fanboys abandon their burning ship, we can talk about games rather than a pissing match with the Bonecast.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#108 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

What excuse will cows use now? I argued with a few of you folks about this and now you must eat crow.

Source

ā€œ[Destiny] runs at the same resolution [and] frame-rate as the PS4. We basically got together with Microsoft, and got a bunch of engineers here to work on optimizing and taking advantage of the system reserve. Basically that extra GPU time that Microsoft gave us ā€“ and yeah, we got it up to 1080p.ā€œ

What do you mean excuse , i dont get you .... Lems are the ones chasing PS4 on sales and performance . What do you mean excuse ?

X1 getting Destiny on 1080p , you really think Frames per Second or Graphical settings will be on par if that happens ? You really an 7790 can achieve what an 7850 can ? No it cant , period. And if they pushed Destiny to 1080p for X1 then it will lack something else ( either frames lag or graphical settings ) EXCEPT if they downgraded game in such degree to look and play the same on both consoles in purpose ( something that 95% of developers seems not be interested in ) which i dont want to believe.

The excuses that you all are using now....and I believe what Bungie states above...resolution and frame-rate is the same.

Read my post again and answer a simple question.

Do you beleive an 7790 can achieve what 7850 can graphically ? Theres not 1 in a million to do so. I repeat so you fanboy understand this.

If X1 push a game to 1080 will do it only if sacrifice something else. FPS or Graphical detail or both. If it manage to stay on same FPS then on big fights frames lag will be way worse than PC and PS4. Now IF Bungie saying both versions will run on same resolution and frames then sorry but graphical detail wont be the same.

Now IF , again , IF all 3 ( resolutions/FPS/Graphical settings ) are exactly the same do you really beleive that some magic trick made 7790 to be on par with 7850 OR that Bungie wanted to make both versions identical therefore it had to NOT take into consideration PS4s way better GPU ?

Lems you are out of control !

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I love how cows get all depressed when a xbox game runs in 1080p. The common answer is "some things must have been sacrificed".

If you stop and take the time to look, most PS4 games have sacrifices to reach 1080p too.

KZ low enemy count, dumb A.I. and pop in covered by thick fog.

Infamous SS dead open world game with no cars or people. The most linear open world game ever created.

Destiny is just pissing on cows parade because they thought a multiplat was their exclusive baby.

Yep pretty much.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Another console graphics thread.... At least Cows aren't hyping RAM anymore.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Lets wait to see how the frame rate holds up ...

Would rather have 900p and no dips and if everyone on this board is honest unless you're playing a foot away on a giant tv or looking at stills you can't tell the difference.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Against a delusional lem who survives on PR crap everyone loses, impossible victory. I once argued with a wall and i lost my argument imagine that.

Stop being a Sore loser man, He won, you lost , shake his hand and say 'well played sir'.

Be mature about it and lose Graciously.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

You guys do realize that the PS4 version may have another advantage outside of resolution, right? Better AA, Better textures, etc. Just stop and accept PS4 will have advantages in multiplats. Constantly trying to make a case for it @chikenfriedrice: just makes you look like you're losing sleep over this.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

Source

Do you beleive an 7790 can achieve what 7850 can graphically ? Theres not 1 in a million to do so. I repeat so you fanboy understand this.

If X1 push a game to 1080 will do it only if sacrifice something else. FPS or Graphical detail or both. If it manage to stay on same FPS then on big fights frames lag will be way worse than PC and PS4. Now IF Bungie saying both versions will run on same resolution and frames then sorry but graphical detail wont be the same.

Now IF , again , IF all 3 ( resolutions/FPS/Graphical settings ) are exactly the same do you really beleive that some magic trick made 7790 to be on par with 7850 OR that Bungie wanted to make both versions identical therefore it had to NOT take into consideration PS4s way better GPU ?

First off, calm the **** down.....its very hard to communicate with someone when they type so angry. And answer me this one question, do you not believe the I before E rule in grammar? There is not 1 in a million that doesn't.

Secondly....I know the PS4 has better specs, and you foaming at the mouth does not prove that point any further. Fact is as I have stated many times and others as well, you guys keep changing the argument to fit your fanboyism. Fact is they are the same in resolution and frame rate. How did Bungie do this? Well they stated how. If they are not the same graphically in the end well kudos to the cows but this thread was and is about the resolution, which cows have said over and over "the X1 can't do 1080P" even though it has and it will continue to do so.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 chikenfriedrice

@Sagemode87 said:

You guys do realize that the PS4 version may have another advantage outside of resolution, right? Better AA, Better textures, etc. Just stop and accept PS4 will have advantages in multiplats. Constantly trying to make a case for it @chikenfriedrice: just makes you look like you're losing sleep over this.

Good but this thread is about the resolution that cows said can't be done. I don't know how I could be losing sleep but if that does happen I will hopefully count cows till I fall into dream land.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@chikenfriedrice: Cool, but at the end of the day, a superior multiplat is a superior multiplat. No point in goal post shifting.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 chikenfriedrice

@Sagemode87 said:

@chikenfriedrice: Cool, but at the end of the day, a superior multiplat is a superior multiplat. No point in goal post shifting.

You have to admit the argument keeps changing though...all I am saying.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

Source

I'm gonna chime in with a different theory if you don't mind.

1st off lets present what we know for sure (assuming we take bungie at its word) The X1 version was going to be 900/30 and the PS4 version at 1080/30. That was the original plan, MS released the june SDK which gave a 10% boost by removing the kinect gestures and that allowed bungie to get it to 1080p.

Now with that said, when they say aiming for parity, couldn't that suggest that they are putting in extra late work to use the june SDK and get the X1 version on par with the already 1080p version of the PS4? Also the fact that they were going with 900p before the June SDK would show they didn't "gimp" the PS4 version. So them saying they want parity would likely mean that they are going to bump up and use the extra power from the June SDK to get the X1 version to achieve parity with the PS4 version which is already finished. Now that is the most logical, because If it was the other way around, they would have went with 900p on both effectively "gimping" the PS4 version for forced parity. Why people came to this unlikely negative scenario over the more likely one I just posted is beyond me

Now as far as the power differential goes, We haven't seen a big framerate difference in any game so far outside of TR:DE. Most PS4 games and X1 games are 30 FPS. some are 60 but usually its the same on both with the 1 exception, however we do know that 2 different studios made that game. Lets say for the sake of fanboys arguments that indeed we should see a 50% difference. well if the X1 version is topped out at a stable 30 FPS, then the PS4 version could theoretically top out at a stable 45FPs. Since no dev i known have opted for 45 FPS and they go with 30 or 60, how can this 50% power make a difference? Do they choose to go with 45FPS? or do they lock it at 30 with the X1 version? No i know that isn't a perfect analogy and I know that the PS4 isn't in fact 50% more powerful, But it is more powerful, The point is, the power gap isn't big enough for a significant difference in games. If the X1 runs at 1080p, the PS4 isn't going to push 4k, If the X1 runs at 60FPS the PS4 isn't going to run it at 120. Its that simple. So if we see a game like wolfenstien that is 1080/60 on both and looks pretty much identical, what are they going to do with the "extra" power on the PS4? make it 1081p and 61fps to please fanboys? lol

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#119  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

Source

First off, calm the **** down.....its very hard to communicate with someone when they type so angry. And answer me this one question, do you not believe the I before E rule in grammar? There is not 1 in a million that doesn't.

Secondly....I know the PS4 has better specs, and you foaming at the mouth does not prove that point any further. Fact is as I have stated many times and others as well, you guys keep changing the argument to fit your fanboyism. Fact is they are the same in resolution and frame rate. How did Bungie do this? Well they stated how. If they are not the same graphically in the end well kudos to the cows but this thread was and is about the resolution, which cows have said over and over "the X1 can't do 1080P" even though it has and it will continue to do so.

Im calm lol ... why to be angry or something !!? I sense some anger from you though !! Dont get butthurt i just saying what is reality.

And the reality is one 7790 << 7850 and as an oldschool hermit im telling you when a GPU is that far ahead in raw power its up to the developers if they want to make their game to look way better , play better or be more stable ( fps wise ) or all together. Period.

So if we see a game with exactly same resolution/fps/graphics settings on both consoles is NOT that suddenly X1 with this crappy 7790 is on par with an 7850... is that bungie made that decision to make both versions equal so people like you dont cry a river !! Thats all. Dont get delusional here and calling out cows or saying bs about excuses .... Facts are facts and the biggest fact is 7790 <<<< 7850... Dont get mad about it , face it and move on.

I dont make such topics so calling me a fanboy is kinda laughable. Move on and cry me a river all i care .. Facts are facts , be a man and face them ... 1080p doesnt mean shit ... downgrade graphics to death while having FPS lag in every crowded situation and yes , you can have 1080p on 7790 also... Thats what you want ? You can do it yes but thats your standards ? Lol lem

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 chikenfriedrice

@AzatiS: 1080P doesn't mean shit....got it. Also that sucks for Sony that Bungie downgraded the PS4 version for parity after Sony gave them money for exclusive content ( for a year ) and all the promotion for the game Sony has done. Bungie must still have a soft spot for MS.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Whats sad are the PC lackies coming into a thread where they don't belong just to put down what not too many consider a huge deal....all to look cool for the 12 year olds in hopes that they will be like "WOW PC GAMERS ARE COOL....I WANNA PLAY ON PC!!!"

Then maybe the more ppl who play on PC the more games will sell and PC will be profitable and they won't get crappy ports and treated like a 3rd world country of whiners.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Whats sad are the PC lackies coming into a thread where they don't belong just to put down what not too many consider a huge deal....a

There is nothing wrong with PC or Nintendo gamers entering this thread. We can laugh at you guys fumble and fall against each other, while fighting for 2nd place gfx under PC.

Furthermore, if it wasn't a big deal why have xbone/ps4 fans been making more gfx threads than just about anyone else combined ever since this new gen began?

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Then maybe the more ppl who play on PC the more games will sell and PC will be profitable and they won't get crappy ports and treated like a 3rd world country of whiners.

PC has more sales and gamers than consoles, according to links posted at this very forum. According to digital foundry, nearly all ports are better.

What data points have YOU been using?

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#123 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Good news, but I would suggest we wait for Digital Foundry comparisons before getting too excited about this.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Whats sad are the PC lackies coming into a thread where they don't belong just to put down what not too many consider a huge deal....a

There is nothing wrong with PC or Nintendo gamers entering this thread. We can laugh at you guys fumble and fall against each other, while fighting for 2nd place gfx under PC.

Furthermore, if it wasn't a big deal why have xbone/ps4 fans been making more gfx threads than just about anyone else combined ever since this new gen began?

@mr_huggles_dog said:

PC has more sales and gamers than consoles, according to links posted at this very forum. According to digital foundry, nearly all ports are better.

The data I have is the countless bitching from every PC gamer that I know of about how every port of every game last gen sucked.

And Steam doesn't release it's sales figures so we don't know how well something sells on PC considering 99% of it is DD. Sales for your average game is not more than console. Link me those stats...I'd like to see them and know where they are from b/c THE reason publishers and devs don't care about PC gaming is b/c they don't sell as well on PC.

Thats a fact.

You can manipulate those stats anyway you want, but we all know that Watchdogs, GTA IV, Mass Effect, and countless other big games don't sell as well on PC.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

The data I have is the countless bitching from every PC gamer that I know of about how every port of every game last gen sucked.

And Steam doesn't release it's sales figures so we don't know how well something sells on PC considering 99% of it is DD. Sales for your average game is not more than console. Link me those stats...I'd like to see them and know where they are from b/c THE reason publishers and devs don't care about PC gaming is b/c they don't sell as well on PC.

Thats a fact.

1. I don't even know what to say to this. Digital Foundry > You. Those PC gamers are bitching that the games aren't as good as other PC games, not that they run better on consoles.

2. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/216281/Analyst_Globally_PC_game_revenue_now_exceeds_console_game_revenue.php

I'm not twisting any data. I'm not trying to trick anyone. Its been like this since 2009, only in 2009 PC was slightly under all consoles combined. Now its over. No one system comes close.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

1. I don't even know what to say to this. Digital Foundry > You.

[quote]

Thats a fact.

[/quote]

2. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/216281/Analyst_Globally_PC_game_revenue_now_exceeds_console_game_revenue.php

I'm not twisting any data. Its been like this since 2009, only in 2009 PC was slightly under all consoles combined. Now its over. No one system comes close.

Pffffft....HAHHAHAHAH....no data....no numbers....no nothing. They say revenue IN GENERAL. Which is why I've said like 5 times in the passed 2 days....PC gaming is good for MOBAs, F2P games and such things like that.

I knew that you were manipulating thigns.

There is no evidence in that shit article that says big name games make more money on PC. Yeah...so you have WOW which is a one in a life time type game....some F2P games and all that making up almost all the revenue that the article is considering PC gaming to be more profitable. If you took away those games which...you have to be lucky to make a game that hits the mark like DOTA 2 or WOW or LOL.....then you wouldn't have shit for revenue on PC.

I can't believe you actually thought I would respect that shit article.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMWbT8w9phY

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

[quote]

Thats a fact.

[/quote]

I'm not twisting any data. Its been like this since 2009, only in 2009 PC was slightly under all consoles combined. Now its over. No one system comes close.

Pffffft....HAHHAHAHAH....no data....no numbers....no nothing. They say revenue IN GENERAL. Which is why I've said like 5 times in the passed 2 days....PC gaming is good for MOBAs, F2P games and such things like that.

How do f2p and moba not count?

Why are they not allowed in revenue lists? What am I missing?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

[quote]

Thats a fact.

[/quote]

I'm not going to spell out what this conversation was about....if you can't follow along...then just do something else and don't converse with me.

I'm not going to nanny you.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#129 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Cool stuff, wasn't a huge thing for me but I can't say I'm not happy, and this would have been a sticking point for many. Assuming the rest of the technical performance is not too different than that of the PS4, I think dual console owners will have a more challienging dillema here.....this is an online heavy game, to be played with friends, so the deciding factors for many will be which controller they like best, which online service they prefer(which has better party-chat options, etc). , where most of their friends will be playing, etc.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

[quote]

Thats a fact.

[/quote]

I'm not going to spell out what this conversation was about....if you can't follow along...then just do something else and don't converse with me.

is it because some people like to discriminate some dollars they earn from other dollars they earn?

nah. a dollar is a dollar.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By darkangel115

@darkangel115 said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@AzatiS said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Source

Source

I'm gonna chime in with a different theory if you don't mind.

1st off lets present what we know for sure (assuming we take bungie at its word) The X1 version was going to be 900/30 and the PS4 version at 1080/30. That was the original plan, MS released the june SDK which gave a 10% boost by removing the kinect gestures and that allowed bungie to get it to 1080p.

Now with that said, when they say aiming for parity, couldn't that suggest that they are putting in extra late work to use the june SDK and get the X1 version on par with the already 1080p version of the PS4? Also the fact that they were going with 900p before the June SDK would show they didn't "gimp" the PS4 version. So them saying they want parity would likely mean that they are going to bump up and use the extra power from the June SDK to get the X1 version to achieve parity with the PS4 version which is already finished. Now that is the most logical, because If it was the other way around, they would have went with 900p on both effectively "gimping" the PS4 version for forced parity. Why people came to this unlikely negative scenario over the more likely one I just posted is beyond me

Now as far as the power differential goes, We haven't seen a big framerate difference in any game so far outside of TR:DE. Most PS4 games and X1 games are 30 FPS. some are 60 but usually its the same on both with the 1 exception, however we do know that 2 different studios made that game. Lets say for the sake of fanboys arguments that indeed we should see a 50% difference. well if the X1 version is topped out at a stable 30 FPS, then the PS4 version could theoretically top out at a stable 45FPs. Since no dev i known have opted for 45 FPS and they go with 30 or 60, how can this 50% power make a difference? Do they choose to go with 45FPS? or do they lock it at 30 with the X1 version? No i know that isn't a perfect analogy and I know that the PS4 isn't in fact 50% more powerful, But it is more powerful, The point is, the power gap isn't big enough for a significant difference in games. If the X1 runs at 1080p, the PS4 isn't going to push 4k, If the X1 runs at 60FPS the PS4 isn't going to run it at 120. Its that simple. So if we see a game like wolfenstien that is 1080/60 on both and looks pretty much identical, what are they going to do with the "extra" power on the PS4? make it 1081p and 61fps to please fanboys? lol

So nobody responds to the reasonable post?

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#132 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Beta is back up and Xbox One codes are live.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 chikenfriedrice

@darkangel115: I thought it was very well said

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 chikenfriedrice

@ironcreed said:

Thought I had to wait til tomorrow but you are correct...just checked and the code is there.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By ironcreed

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ironcreed said:

Thought I had to wait til tomorrow but you are correct...just checked and the code is there.

Yep, I'm installing right now.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

"Then maybe the more ppl who play on PC the more games will sell and PC will be profitable

You implied games do not sell on pc and it is not profitable. I proved the opposite with that link. No one cares that you don't like MOBAS. You probably will fap to them once they come to your system of choice, it happens to every PC genre.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

that 30 FPS though is a killer.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 chikenfriedrice

@ironcreed said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ironcreed said:

Yep, I'm installing right now.

Sweet...I will do the same in about an hour.

Did you receive more than one code? I have 3 different codes for some reason.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ironcreed

@chikenfriedrice: Yes, I have two spares as well. They are sending them out like that so you can give a couple away.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 chikenfriedrice

@ironcreed said:

@chikenfriedrice: Yes, I have two spares as well. They are sending them out like that so you can give a couple away.

Nice and I will!

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 darkangel115

@chikenfriedrice said:

@darkangel115: I thought it was very well said

Thanks!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Shewgenja said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Nah, just the first year or maybe even 2. Once the XBox fanboys abandon their burning ship, we can talk about games rather than a pissing match with the Bonecast.

Nope . Later , the games will become more demanding and you'll see compromises on both X1 and PS4 (just like Watch Dogs 1080p/60fps on PS4 fiasco) . This whole resolution and fps thing is going to be discussed till the end of this gen .

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 darkangel115

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Nope . Later , the games will become more demanding and you'll see compromises on both X1 and PS4 (just like Watch Dogs 1080p/60fps on PS4 fiasco) . This whole resolution and fps thing is going to be discussed till the end of this gen .

Only if people allow it to. If people would stop worrying so much about it and worry more about companies putting out good games and adding new and exciting features, then it would go away. But hey I guess some people need to justify their purchase or try to feel superior in life

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#144  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Cool stuff, wasn't a huge thing for me but I can't say I'm not happy, and this would have been a sticking point for many. Assuming the rest of the technical performance is not too different than that of the PS4, I think dual console owners will have a more challienging dillema here.....this is an online heavy game, to be played with friends, so the deciding factors for many will be which controller they like best, which online service they prefer(which has better party-chat options, etc). , where most of their friends will be playing, etc.

You mentioned friends twice, but another variable would be the access to exclusive Destiny content for a year as well.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

"Then maybe the more ppl who play on PC the more games will sell and PC will be profitable

You implied games do not sell on pc and it is not profitable. I proved the opposite with that link. No one cares that you don't like MOBAS. You probably will fap to them once they come to your system of choice, it happens to every PC genre.

I have 196 games on PC....I'm not missing anything and my system of choice is everything except the Nintendo.

Try again. Now stay quet when you don't know anything about a person...or you'll look dumb like you just did.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I have 196 games on PC....I'm not missing anything and my system of choice is everything except the Nintendo.

huh? This has nothing to do with anything.

You said pc has low sales and low profit, and this was not true. Stop being stupid.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

What should we argue about now that both versions of this game will be 1080p?

And don't you dare mention "games" because that's not what people argue about here.

Should we talk about sales some more?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Cloud_imperium

@darkangel115 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Only if people allow it to. If people would stop worrying so much about it and worry more about companies putting out good games and adding new and exciting features, then it would go away. But hey I guess some people need to justify their purchase or try to feel superior in life

+1

Exactly my friend .

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

huh? This has nothing to do with anything.

You said pc has low sales and low profit, and this was not true. Stop being stupid.

Jesus...you really do need reading comprehension help.

I quit....gonna go play Destiny.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

Cool, a game that looks last gen in 1080p 30fps. Love the gameplay, but graphically it's nothing impressive and both consoles should be able to run it at 60fps no problem.