AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

So Demon's Souls is now 10 years old. Hard to believe that the Souls games (And Bloodborne if you count it as a Souls game) started that long ago.

But anyways for the people who did play Demon's Souls. What are your good memories of it when you first played it? Also which is your favorite Souls games (Bloodborne counts as well)

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Favorite PS3 game by a wide margin, followed by Valkyria Chronicles.

Great game, didn't really like the ones that followed.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Happy birthday, Demon's Holes!

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I picked Demon's Souls up on launch day. Somewhat randomly at the suggestion of an employee at Gamestop. So it began....

I was really into the idea of the world tendencies and the way integrated network play. The worlds were so unique and gritty. Just everything about it made me like it.

I think Demon's Souls is my favorite, but the performance is really outdated and the game is overdue for a remake. In practice I like them all so much I don't think I can pick a favorite.

Dark Souls and Bloodborne are my favorite worlds and lore.

And I loved Dark Souls 2. It had the best multiplayer and the DLC was top notch. The level design of the base game is the only weak part of the game, but it had great replay value due to the changes to the subsequent NG levels and the multiplayer. Dark Souls 2 also took Fashion Souls to another level. I put more time into DS2 than any of the others.

Dark Souls 3 is great too.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

I want more ; ;

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I'll never forget Demon's Souls, amazing game and amazing soundtrack. The boss fights with the two kings were the most memorable for me. I beat that game twice which is something I very rarely do. My favourite Souls game is Bloodborne though. The story, the atmosphere, the music, everything was exactly my taste.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58957 Posts

Picked it up about 3-4 years ago with the thought "better see what all this about".

It still sits on that shelf.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@uninspiredcup: lmao I relate to this

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Best Souls game, a ReMake would be godly. I'd pay a full $60 if they made it happen.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I got a PS3 a few years ago just to play some of those big exclusives I had never gotten to- Uncharted trilogy, Journey, Last of Us, Ico+SOTC Remaster, and of course Demon's Souls.

I played through Demon's Souls after I had already completed the Dark Souls trilogy. xD

Didn't like the hub world much at all. But I adored the level design- the idea of progressing through an area, beating a boss at the end, and pressing forward from there is my favorite "take" on Souls. That doesn't mean Dark Souls' open world still isn't impressive, or that Dark Souls 3's more straighforward design with clever shortcuts/loops isn't good either. The bosses were eh- probably the weakest or 2nd weakest in the franchise. Really good game though. Would happily buy a remaster.

flutershy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 flutershy666
Member since 2012 • 30 Posts

I played it after dark souls and thought it was pretty meh.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@pyro1245 said:

I picked Demon's Souls up on launch day. Somewhat randomly at the suggestion of an employee at Gamestop. So it began....

I was really into the idea of the world tendencies and the way integrated network play. The worlds were so unique and gritty. Just everything about it made me like it.

I think Demon's Souls is my favorite, but the performance is really outdated and the game is overdue for a remake. In practice I like them all so much I don't think I can pick a favorite.

And I loved Dark Souls 2. It had the best multiplayer and the DLC was top notch. The level design of the base game is the only weak part of the game, but it had great replay value due to the changes to the subsequent NG levels and the multiplayer. Dark Souls 2 also took Fashion Souls to another level. I put more time into DS2 than any of the others.

Last gen game... "over due for a remake" ...

what.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

It technically turned 10 in october 2018, but this means it is 10 years everywhere.

It is such an excellent game. One of the best ever made. It defined a genre itself; "souls."

It was zelda meets kingsfield with an attempt to actually place weight on you actions in the world. Dark souls just couldn't capture this same effect, and feels like a cash grab compared to it. Don't get me wrong, dark souls games are great, but they arent demons souls.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AcidTango

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

It technically turned 10 in october 2018, but this means it is 10 years everywhere.

It is such an excellent game. One of the best ever made. It defined a genre itself; "souls."

It was zelda meets kingsfield with an attempt to actually place weight on you actions in the world. Dark souls just couldn't capture this same effect, and feels like a cash grab compared to it. Don't get me wrong, dark souls games are great, but they arent demons souls.

The game first came out starting in Japan on February 5, 2009, not October 10, 2008.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@AcidTango: ah yes my mistake. I mixed the dates up. Feb for japan, oct for na in the same year.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Bought this game on a whim... was almost going to pass on it because it was the last game in the store and had a barcode sticker on the opened case. This is usually a deal breaker for me.

Man am I glad I brought it home with me. The trial and error 1st level was incredible. Really took me back to my days of playing an oldie goldie called... The Immortal

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AcidTango

@X_CAPCOM_X:

No problem. I know that technically for North America that the game was released on October 2009 and for the AU and EU, they both got Demon's Souls on June 2010 so the game isn't 10 years old for all of them and only for the Japanese for now. But since it was first released on February 2009 I thought it was interesting to make a topic about the game.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Legendary game.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Broke a PS3 controller and damaged a TV over that game. Brutal in all sense of the word probably the hardest souls type game.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

Best game of last gen. I loved playing a game that didn't force a story on me and just let me play...and die... and die. And all the cool secrets hidden within the tendency system, art design is awesome, level design is great, combat is fun. I love it

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
@kali-b1rd said:
@pyro1245 said:

Last gen game... "over due for a remake" ...

what.

It runs poorly on its native platform, to which it is exclusive. Plus they took the servers down.

You'd better believe its due for a remake/remaster like its sequel, Dark Souls.

Let's not pretend that's a crazy thought.

Ace132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ace132
Member since 2008 • 1515 Posts

Top game.when I got it, at that time there was nothing like that available. I remember i was 12 when it came out in 2009. It was dubbed as hard game, but rewarding af.

My favourite moment was PVPing in 4-1,1-4, and invading 3-2 and 1-3.

I really liked world tenancy and character tendency, wish it was expanded than forgotten. Alot of the game was not laid out for the player, so the community had to interact together. This lead to higher retention of players and better word of mouth spread, which is quite great for developers who don't have EA or Activision budget.

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

By far the best $6 bucks of gaming I've ever spent.

Showed the superiority of the PS3 over the 360.

TLHBO

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Ewwww..

:P

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@mave198: PS3 was inferior to the 360.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I played it after it got a 9 and GOTY at gamespot.

Holy cow what an amazing experience. So I was into souls games before it became cool to be into souls games.