Defending the PS4 Pro as a legit 4k console, if you don't think it's a 4k console then enter and get schooled!!!

• 74 results
QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:

? You’re only saying this so that you can call the XboneX a True 4K Console. We see through your bullshit OP. No, neither of them are true 4K consoles, they are FauxK machines. You want true Native 4K you still need a PC.

Wrong. Both the Pro and the X are 4K consoles. The only way you can get the benefit from either console is to have it hooked up to a 4K TV which makes them BOTH 4k consoles. There is not such thing as 1440P or 1800P TVs so to use the consoles properly you need a 4K TV. Pretty damn simple people!

I really do not understand why you people can't figure out this very simple concept. BTW both consoles are awesome!

I love my Pro but this is bullshit. Fact of the matter is we already have a system that does true native 4K all the time and that's the PC. When I want to play with my games in native 4K I go to my PC. PS4 Pro and XboneX are close but no cigar. They are fauxK consoles, we will get the true 4K consoles when PS5 and Xbone2 arrive in 2020/2021. I don't consider the PS3 and 360 1080p consoles either in case you're wondering.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@quadknight said:
@Xabiss said:
@quadknight said:

? You’re only saying this so that you can call the XboneX a True 4K Console. We see through your bullshit OP. No, neither of them are true 4K consoles, they are FauxK machines. You want true Native 4K you still need a PC.

Wrong. Both the Pro and the X are 4K consoles. The only way you can get the benefit from either console is to have it hooked up to a 4K TV which makes them BOTH 4k consoles. There is not such thing as 1440P or 1800P TVs so to use the consoles properly you need a 4K TV. Pretty damn simple people!

I really do not understand why you people can't figure out this very simple concept. BTW both consoles are awesome!

I love my Pro but this is bullshit. Fact of the matter is we already have a system that does true native 4K all the time and that's the PC. When I want to play with my games in native 4K I go to my PC. PS4 Pro and XboneX are close but no cigar. They are fauxK consoles, we will get the true 4K consoles when PS5 and Xbone2 arrive in 2020/2021. I don't consider the PS3 and 360 1080p consoles either in case you're wondering.

Go check my post history and see I said the same exact thing before the X was even released. I even have a post where you agree with what I said. So be careful what you say right now little boy. :P

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By QuadKnight

@Xabiss: I might have agreed back then but after being with my Pro for a while I’ve come to accept it’s technically not a 4K console. It’s more than a 1080p console and it can be called “4K” when talking to casual gamers or people that don’t have an investment in gaming like we do but in the true sense of a 4K console it is not. ? I will accept your definition of it as one for the sake of both our sanities tho’ but I do not agree with the OP at all.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Xabiss

@quadknight said:

@Xabiss: I might have agreed back then but after being with my Pro for a while I’ve come to accept it’s technically not a 4K console. It’s more than a 1080p console and it can be called “4K” when talking to casual gamers or people that don’t have an investment in gaming like we do but in the true sense of a 4K console it is not. ? I will accept your definition of it as one for the sake of both our sanities tho’ but I do not agree with the OP at all.

Oh I don't agree with that bat shit crazy OP at all. I just find it simple definition is all that is needed. That is why both Sony and Microsoft both say 4K in advertisements because technically it is true you need a 4K TV to see the benefits from both system.

BTW just because I said you said something here is proof. I don't like it when people say that about me. Also you can see I said it before the X was even out.

Bronxs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Bronxs15
Member since 2017 • 123 Posts

W O W . . .

WTH were we just subjected too?

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

@Xplode_games: You spoke with common sense. Brace yourself for uneducated responses, lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@jahnee: What with people on this site using the adjective "mighty" before X all the time? Lol. Reminds me of "Nintendo" and "Super Nintendo"... Clearly two different consoles. An adjective isn't needed everytime. As I told someone else... The mighty mouse console lol.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44065 Posts

Poo, poo cows, a break can't even be bought these dayzzz...

:P

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@quadknight said:

Just because you don't think it's worthy of being a 4k console as per your standards, doesn't mean Sony is defrauding consumers by advertising it as such. When it launched in 2016 for $399, it was jam packed with top notch tech for the money and it was specifically designed with 4k HDR televisions in mind. It's ok if you think it's not good enough to be a 4k console, I don't have a problem with you saying or believing that. What I have a problem with is you saying Sony defrauded the public by advertising it as a 4k console.

What was Sony supposed to do instead? Were they supposed to market it at the dying 1080p televisions? Or were they supposed to market it as a weak sauce garbage console that only does a faux 4k please don't waste your time on this trash? You're being ridiculous. You need to stop and think what you're writing here.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 QuadKnight

@Xplode_games said:
@quadknight said:

Just because you don't think it's worthy of being a 4k console as per your standards, doesn't mean Sony is defrauding consumers by advertising it as such. When it launched in 2016 for $399, it was jam packed with top notch tech for the money and it was specifically designed with 4k HDR televisions in mind. It's ok if you think it's not good enough to be a 4k console, I don't have a problem with you saying or believing that. What I have a problem with is you saying Sony defrauded the public by advertising it as a 4k console.

What was Sony supposed to do instead? Were they supposed to market it at the dying 1080p televisions? Or were they supposed to market it as a weak sauce garbage console that only does a faux 4k please don't waste your time on this trash? You're being ridiculous. You need to stop and think what you're writing here.

WTH is going on here?

Dude, you're the biggest lem on here trying to defend the PS4 Pro against someone like me who's a huge PS4 fan. What kind of bizarro world is this?

? Only on SW folks. This is why I love coming here lol.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Xabiss

@quadknight said:
@Xplode_games said:
@quadknight said:

WTH is going on here?

Dude, you're the biggest lem on here trying to defend the PS4 Pro against someone like me who's a huge PS4 fan. What kind of bizarro world is this?

? Only on SW folks. This is why I love coming here lol.

I agree....

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@quadknight said:

@Xplode_games said:

The PS4 Pro is a dumb system that just doesn't make sense.

The PS4 stinks for a 4k display

the PS4 Pro is really a 1080p tv system

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@quadknight said:

And you keep digging further

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

I keep reading this drama about the the PS4 Pro is not a legitimate 4k console because it doesn't run enough games in native 4k.

Then you understand what the issue is.

So what, that's what it's all about, get over it.

Nope. This would be a whole lot less dishonest if they called them 4k capable. But calling them 4k consoles when that's not what they're doing natively should be an issue to anyone that's not a total corporate brown noser. Sony didn't start calling the Pro 4k until Microsoft got away with it and saw they could too. So they can both **** right off.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#65 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I read half, really I did.

Now I say WHO. CARES?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

So marketing, marketing is what determines that a device is a "4K machine", and not it's actual technical merits? Really?? Manufacturers can throw out any propaganda they like and we're just supposed to accept it as gospel, is that it?

NO, the actual reason the refresh consoles are being criticized as 4K devices is because of their implementation of manipulation effects (checkerboard upscaling, dynamic scaling) to mimic 4K in a deceptive manner. Making that marketing you speak of a tool for falsely misrepresenting the capability of the product. The games are not native 4K, which is the only legitimate criteria. And the titles that are native 4K are too far and few in between, even among those being mostly the low demanding graphics games like Minecraft and simplified cartoon visuals. The native selection being in the minority of the library, so hardly qualifying the platform as a "real 4K platform".

On the PC side, if we're talking about the premium high end, when it's doing 4K it's achieving this natively, no manipulation required. And when it's playing games at 1440p or 1080p, that's exactly what it's being recognized for, not pretending to be performing at a resolution it's not.

Oh and you claiming that the most premium hardware at the time (in this case 8700K and 1080 Ti) becomes outdated after just one year.... just continues to show, and I emphasize continue as this is nothing new with you at all, just how blatantly ignorant you are about PC hardware, or really any kind of gaming technology; PC, console, or otherwise.

That you had to move the goal posts to marketing as the qualifier for a 4K platform just goes to show how low you have sunk in your desperation. That along with your misconceptions of hardware aging, your capacity for mental gymnastics could actually qualify as an Olympic sport.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Xplode_games

@AdobeArtist said:

So marketing, marketing is what determines that a device is a "4K machine", and not it's actual technical merits? Really?? Manufacturers can throw out any propaganda they like and we're just supposed to accept it as gospel, is that it?

NO, the actual reason the refresh consoles are being criticized as 4K devices is because of their implementation of manipulation effects (checkerboard upscaling, dynamic scaling) to mimic 4K in a deceptive manner. Making that marketing you speak of a tool for falsely misrepresenting the capability of the product. The games are not native 4K, which is the only legitimate criteria. And the titles that are native 4K are too far and few in between, even among those being mostly the low demanding graphics games like Minecraft and simplified cartoon visuals. The native selection being in the minority of the library, so hardly qualifying the platform as a "real 4K platform".

On the PC side, if we're talking about the premium high end, when it's doing 4K it's achieving this natively, no manipulation required. And when it's playing games at 1440p or 1080p, that's exactly what it's being recognized for, not pretending to be performing at a resolution it's not.

Oh and you claiming that the most premium hardware at the time (in this case 8700K and 1080 Ti) becomes outdated after just one year.... just continues to show, and I emphasize continue as this is nothing new with you at all, just how blatantly ignorant you are about PC hardware, or really any kind of gaming technology; PC, console, or otherwise.

That you had to move the goal posts to marketing as the qualifier for a 4K platform just goes to show how low you have sunk in your desperation. That along with your misconceptions of hardware aging, your capacity for mental gymnastics could actually qualify as an Olympic sport.

It's amazing how completely you missed my point. It's a bit shocking actually. Sony doesn't have the option of targeting 1440p displays with the PS4 Pro. Do you understand that? There is only 1080p televisions which are being phased out as they are obsolete at this point. And there are 4k displays. The regular PS4 doesn't cut it for 4k displays, wouldn't you agree with that? Sony decided to upgrade their Playstation consoles.

They decided their price point was going to be $399, this limits the hardware that can be in the machine. They packed as much tech in there as possible for $399 and they targeted 4k displays the best way they could. The PS4 Pro is the best Playstation console you can buy if you own a 4k HDR display. Why wouldn't Sony market their pro console at those 4k displays?

Remember the 360 and PS3 were both marketed as HD consoles. The lowest HD resolution is 720p and both 360 and PS3 struggled badly reaching native 720p especially later in the gen. Was it fraud to market them as HD consoles because they really couldn't even reach 720p in most AAA games? They were marketed as HD consoles because HDTVs were all the rage when they released and throughout last gen.

As far as my statement about a high end PC becoming outdated after just one year, you need to be more careful when you read because again you missed my point. I didn't say it would become obsolete after one year, I said it would become less of a 4k console after one year. Going forward, every year after it would be less and less a 4k console. Even right now there are a few games that a 1080 ti can't max out at 4k @60 fps. Some people even today don't consider the 1080 ti a true 4k GPU. I do believe it's a true 4k GPU but if you ask me the same thing at the end of this year, I think I will tell you that no it's not. That is the point I was making not that a GTX 1080 ti would become obsolete in one year, wtf?

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Now I say WHO. CARES?

+10 to your gamerscore

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Xplode_games said:
@AdobeArtist said:

It's amazing how completely you missed my point. It's a bit shocking actually. Sony doesn't have the option of targeting 1440p displays with the PS4 Pro. Do you understand that? There is only 1080p televisions which are being phased out as they are obsolete at this point. And there are 4k displays. The regular PS4 doesn't cut it for 4k displays, wouldn't you agree with that? Sony decided to upgrade their Playstation consoles.

They decided their price point was going to be $399, this limits the hardware that can be in the machine. They packed as much tech in there as possible for $399 and they targeted 4k displays the best way they could. The PS4 Pro is the best Playstation console you can buy if you own a 4k HDR display. Why wouldn't Sony market their pro console at those 4k displays?

@Xplode_games said:

The problem with the PS4 Pro is that the regular PS4 is practically the same.

Well, I'm going to explain why even if you own a 4k display, you wouldn't really benefit from a PS4 Pro over a PS4.

The PS4 Pro is a dumb system that just doesn't make sense. So only buy a PS4 Pro over the PS4 if you plan buying the PS VR. Other than that, just get the regular PS4. If you want a real upgrade in visuals and you own a 4k television, you need the X.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Xplode_games

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@cainetao11 said:

Now I say WHO. CARES?

+10 to your gamerscore

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#71 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Xplode_games: Still haven't gotten one :\

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Lol shilling 4k while Sony and Nintendo get games.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@drlostrib: ROFL. Exposed!

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

Remember the 360 and PS3 were both marketed as HD consoles. The lowest HD resolution is 720p and both 360 and PS3 struggled badly reaching native 720p especially later in the gen. Was it fraud to market them as HD consoles because they really couldn't even reach 720p in most AAA games? They were marketed as HD consoles because HDTVs were all the rage when they released and throughout last gen.

As far as my statement about a high end PC becoming outdated after just one year, you need to be more careful when you read because again you missed my point. I didn't say it would become obsolete after one year, I said it would become less of a 4k console after one year. Going forward, every year after it would be less and less a 4k console. Even right now there are a few games that a 1080 ti can't max out at 4k @60 fps. Some people even today don't consider the 1080 ti a true 4k GPU. I do believe it's a true 4k GPU but if you ask me the same thing at the end of this year, I think I will tell you that no it's not. That is the point I was making not that a GTX 1080 ti would become obsolete in one year, wtf?

If the 1080 Ti won't be a 4K GPU at the end of the year how the **** are the X1X and PS4 Pro 4K consoles right now lol?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#75 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

lol4k

give me 60fps