Dec NPD.. PS3 outsells 360 by 50k units

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#202 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

U know i just noticed that more people have bought asscreed 2 more then uncharted2 on the ps3 which is sad

do ps3 owners even know that they have exclusives i mean seriously do they think the only games that exist are madden and fighters theyll buy every multiplat but nvr an exclusive

Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts
PS3 Japanese Sales for December: 622,087 360: 36,848 NA and Japan for both: PS3: 1.98 Million 360: 1.375 Million And should we really care for Wii sales anyway...? We all know what their audiences are...
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#204 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
glad Nintendo doing well they deserve it just like the other two consoles P3 and 360
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#205 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts
[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

[QUOTE="Shattered007"][QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

It must be sad when the usa is the only world you know

Yep, it must be even sader for people to ignore the USA because their console of choice doesn't sell well here.

im not ignoring it, it beat xbox by 50k, 600k beatdown in japan confirmed. adding another 200k in other territories is being very generous towards ms

Okay, I'm sorry, Well, since you assume it was at least 200K then I'm sorry, you are right. So, MS (Oops I mean M$ ) IS lying about 39 million sold!
italygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 italygamer
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

if the ps3 didnt have supply problems it would have outsold both the wii and 360 in december. the ps3 n sony is the world wide leader make.believe it only does everything sony ftw!

_SWAG_
look in the mirror and facepalm yourself. do it for the world, please.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="ToScA-"][QUOTE="nhh18"]Smaller userbase.

XturnalS

The low (relative) attach rate still suggest that there is more to it than that. ..Unless said attach rate has improved significantly?

6.5 tie ratio is low :\

Better tell the Wii owners because they have 6.2 tie ratio as of Apr of 09.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23308

take that 6.5 and multiply it by 32 million and that 6.2 by 65 million and you would have total software sold, and do that with the 360's numbers too. it will become clear as to why there are hardly ever any charting ps3 games
mrgreen108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 mrgreen108
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

[QUOTE="mythrol"] Let's follow this path. Let's say the PS3 and 360 are tied in the US / EU (some months the 360 wins out, some the PS3) and the PS3 continues to outsell the 360 in Japan by an average of 300k units a month. We already know that the PS3 is around the 31 million unit mark and the 360 at the 39 million mark (Microsoft announced this at CES 2010). It's still take over 2 years for the PS3 to just CATCH UP to Microsoft (27 months). And that's assuming Microsoft does nothing to try and boost 360 sales, as well as assuming Natal has no impact at all on units sold. So sure, In 2 years when the Xbox 720 has already been announced and either launched or about to be launched the PS3 MIGHT catch up.Shattered007

Yes this does make sense, but lets look at the launch dates of both. Xbox had a year head start and now can barely hold their own in their best terrirtory? If the console war ended in a few months it would be a victory for ps3. Xbox had no competition in terms of mature next gengamers for a full year and yet still have sold less units per month of existance than ps3? Thats a huge and epic failure in my book

Yes, I agree, I mean, Forget the 24 million sold $4 billion lose that Microsoft had with the original Xbox, it's a fail for a company to now have outsold there predecessor by 15 million in the same time frame and pulled outta the black only after 2 years on the market. Not only that but, I call it a win for Sony even though the PS3 probably wont brake 50 million WW before the next gen starts. I mean, Sony's so cool that even if they're losing they still win. :|

This is like saying giving birth to a live child after having a late term abortion 5 years ago is a huge success

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

[QUOTE="ToScA-"][QUOTE="nhh18"]Smaller userbase.

XturnalS

The low (relative) attach rate still suggest that there is more to it than that. ..Unless said attach rate has improved significantly?

The difference in total software sales is probably largely due to a smaller userbase.

The difference in tie ratio is probably more due to the lack of unifying killer app for the PS3 that appeals to the vast majority of the console's (US) demographic, in the same way that something like a third of 360 owners probably own Halo 3 (which probably plays a major part of the tie ratio.)

It's probably more diversity of taste than "smaller userbase" or "only a blu-ray player" imo, though they probably play some part in it I guess.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#210 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Is it ok to start spamming "360 is doomed" threads now?

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

U know i just noticed that more people have bought asscreed 2 more then uncharted2 on the ps3 which is sad

do ps3 owners even know that they have exclusives i mean seriously do they think the only games that exist are madden and fighters theyll buy every multiplat but nvr an exclusive

coltgames

Not true. Assassin Creed 2 sold less than uncharted 2 among thieves by 100k.

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Shattered007

[QUOTE="Shattered007"]

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

Yes this does make sense, but lets look at the launch dates of both. Xbox had a year head start and now can barely hold their own in their best terrirtory? If the console war ended in a few months it would be a victory for ps3. Xbox had no competition in terms of mature next gengamers for a full year and yet still have sold less units per month of existance than ps3? Thats a huge and epic failure in my book

mrgreen108

Yes, I agree, I mean, Forget the 24 million sold $4 billion lose that Microsoft had with the original Xbox, it's a fail for a company to now have outsold there predecessor by 15 million in the same time frame and pulled outta the black only after 2 years on the market. Not only that but, I call it a win for Sony even though the PS3 probably wont brake 50 million WW before the next gen starts. I mean, Sony's so cool that even if they're losing they still win. :|

This is like saying giving birth to a live child after having a late term abortion 5 years ago is a huge success

So what does that make the PS3? Like the Gorge W. Bush of the consoles?

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 nhh18

[QUOTE="XturnalS"]

[QUOTE="ToScA-"] The low (relative) attach rate still suggest that there is more to it than that. ..Unless said attach rate has improved significantly?surrealnumber5

take that 6.5 and multiply it by 32 million and that 6.2 by 65 million and you would have total software sold, and do that with the 360's numbers too. it will become clear as to why there are hardly ever any charting ps3 games

NPD is america.... And ps3 has a smaller userbased by 7 million to xbox 360, and 17 million to wii so you would be nuts to expect more games sold. And attach rate is relatively the same and has the same increase as either xbox 360 meaning that people are buying the same exact amount of games. We have no idea what the attach rate is in japan, or pal region. Shipment numbers also has nothing to do with hardware sold.

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
[QUOTE="2mrw"]

50 k in NA.

300-500 k in JPN

300 k in europe (vgchartz, try to top that)

PS3 will catch the x360 in no time :D .

I really hope your joking...
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 surrealnumber5

coltgames

well if you want to take take the system wars view on the consumers; they are all knuckle dragging deformed short buss rejects who only know how to buy what they are told to. so no those "casuals" dont know what to buy as they have the brain pan of stagecoach tilters

i tend to argue on the behalf of the people and think that view is a load of bull. people buy what they want to buy.

mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#216 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts

mrgreen108
You have a warped sense of reality. How could a console that for 2 gens was in 1st place, last gen outselling it's competition by OVER 100 MILLION units, and suddenly falling to 3rd and 8 million units BEHIND it's nearest competition be seen as a win? Microsoft coming from 24 million units sold on the original xbox (compared to over 150 million units sold by the ps2) suddenly having sold 39 million units and 8 million units ahead of the PS3 is a fail by them? Dec the PS3 beat the xbox by 50k units, Nov the 360 beat the PS3 by over 300k in NA, yet the PS3 is now king of the world? Lol. Cows.
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
[QUOTE="Shattered007"]

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

[QUOTE="Shattered007"] Yes, I agree, I mean, Forget the 24 million sold $4 billion lose that Microsoft had with the original Xbox, it's a fail for a company to now have outsold there predecessor by 15 million in the same time frame and pulled outta the black only after 2 years on the market. Not only that but, I call it a win for Sony even though the PS3 probably wont brake 50 million WW before the next gen starts. I mean, Sony's so cool that even if they're losing they still win. :|

I lol'd at that :lol: Cows will never understand the fact that sales are overall. If the gen ended now, PS3 would still be last mrgreen108
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Thats the most the Wii has sold in a month since launch!!!!

It just wont die.

mrgreen108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 mrgreen108

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

[QUOTE="Shattered007"] Yes, I agree, I mean, Forget the 24 million sold $4 billion lose that Microsoft had with the original Xbox, it's a fail for a company to now have outsold there predecessor by 15 million in the same time frame and pulled outta the black only after 2 years on the market. Not only that but, I call it a win for Sony even though the PS3 probably wont brake 50 million WW before the next gen starts. I mean, Sony's so cool that even if they're losing they still win. :|

Shattered007

its like having a kid that graduated from princeton(ps3) after your other kid graduated from mit with his doctorate (ps2)

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
Now wait a sec. Last month, you were saying that there was something fishy about the NPD numbers because the 360 was outselling the PS3. Now that it's the opposite, you seem to be passing along the numbers without a hint of protest. There's something funny about that.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 nhh18

[QUOTE="coltgames"]

surrealnumber5

well if you want to take take the system wars view on the consumers; they are all knuckle dragging deformed short buss rejects who only know how to buy what they are told to. so no those "casuals" dont know what to buy as they have the brain pan of stagecoach tilters

i tend to argue on the behalf of the people and think that view is a load of bull. people buy what they want to buy.

Except that is completely made up. Uncharted 2 among thieves sold 950k. Assassin Creed sold 865k.

Amnesiacx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Amnesiacx
Member since 2004 • 1329 Posts

[QUOTE="Shattered007"][QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

It must be sad when the usa is the only world you know

mrgreen108

Yep, it must be even sader for people to ignore the USA because their console of choice doesn't sell well here.

im not ignoring it, it beat xbox by 50k, 600k beatdown in japan confirmed. adding another 200k in other territories is being very generous towards ms

Agreed. VERY GENEROUS even. The PAL territories were huge for Sony back when the price difference wasn't much back in late '07 and most of '08, they even caught up to MS for a while before MS did their big price cut. You can be sure that Sony is wiping the floor with MS ever since the Slim launch, exacerbated by the fact that it was the holidays.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="XturnalS"]

nhh18

NPD is america.... And ps3 has a smaller userbased by 7 million to xbox 360, and 17 million to wii so you would be nuts to expect more games sold. And attach rate is relatively the same and has the same increase as either xbox 360 meaning that people are buying the same exact amount of games. We have no idea what the attach rate is in japan, or pal region. Shipment numbers also has nothing to do with hardware sold.

so software sales per console sold has nothing to do with consoles sold.... gotcha, that was a nice debate we had and we should do it again some time
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 mythrol
[QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]PS3 Japanese Sales for December: 622,087 360: 36,848 NA and Japan for both: PS3: 1.98 Million 360: 1.375 Million And should we really care for Wii sales anyway...? We all know what their audiences are...

PS3 sales were HIGHLY inflated in Japan due to FFXIII launch. Let's wait and see how sales are in a few months from now. I'm betting it will be a different story.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] take that 6.5 and multiply it by 32 million and that 6.2 by 65 million and you would have total software sold, and do that with the 360's numbers too. it will become clear as to why there are hardly ever any charting ps3 gamessurrealnumber5

so software sales per console sold has nothing to do with consoles sold.... gotcha, that was a nice debate we had and we should do it again some time

That is shipment numbers world wide. Attach rate is based on NPD numbers and software numbers sold with their numbers. It has nothing to do with PAL, or Japan, regions.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="coltgames"]

nhh18

Except that is completely made up. Uncharted 2 among thieves sold 950k. Assassin Creed sold 865k.

except i was only addressing the second part of his post, the part about what people buy and what people know. as thats all i commented on it should have been clear
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Is it ok to start spamming "360 is doomed" threads now?

Blue-Sky
Of course not... The 360 was "Teh doomed" even when it was outselling the PS3... And it's "Teh doomed" now even though it still holds a 7 million unit lead over the PS3. And it will be "Teh doomed" when the PS3 still sells 1-2 million below the 360 at the end of this gen.. (if it ends :? ).
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

This is silly, okay people. The Ps3 is significantly behind the 360 in the US. It should be of no surprise when it sells less software. The Ps3 is off the pace of the other 2 systems software wise however. That is a problem. The majority of the games you people aregue over are multiplat and are never going to change. Its of no real benefit to have the best selling version in this case.

Halo__Reach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Halo__Reach
Member since 2009 • 443 Posts

[QUOTE="Halo__Reach"]Damn, Nintendo vs. Everyone else can only equate to: Amnesiacx

LMFAO This guy is plagiarizing message board posts from NeoGAF now. How pathetic can you be? Be original...

how the heck do you not know i didnt post this there, huh?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#230 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

its like having a kid that graduated from princeton(ps3) after your other kid graduated from mit with his doctorate (ps2)

mrgreen108

Not really. It's a kid who was expected to do just as well as his older brother, but instead lost all the money his older brother made for the family, and is just recently gaining his balance back after having to totally rethink his strategy.

So atm, PS2= MIT Doctorate, PS3=BA from Stanford. Good, but nowhere near expectations

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="nhh18"]NPD is america.... And ps3 has a smaller userbased by 7 million to xbox 360, and 17 million to wii so you would be nuts to expect more games sold. And attach rate is relatively the same and has the same increase as either xbox 360 meaning that people are buying the same exact amount of games. We have no idea what the attach rate is in japan, or pal region. Shipment numbers also has nothing to do with hardware sold.

nhh18

That is shipment numbers. Attach rate is how many games each console sold used.

its purchased games and purchased consoles. i have games never played but have been purchased, even though they have not been "used" they would still be counted in an attach ratio
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Shattered007

[QUOTE="Shattered007"]

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

mrgreen108

Oh, okay, see, I thought it was like inheriting a country with a surplus from a great leader (PS2) and ******* it up a few years after the fact (PS3)

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 nhh18

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] so software sales per console sold has nothing to do with consoles sold.... gotcha, that was a nice debate we had and we should do it again some timesurrealnumber5

That is shipment numbers. Attach rate is how many games each console sold used.

its purchased games and purchased consoles. i have games never played but have been purchased, even though they have not been "used" they would still be counted in an attach ratio

I am saying that the attach rate number is coming from NPD and is using npd numbers which are a prediction of sales in america. Shipment WW numbers, and all that other stuff has nothing to do with these numbers. You can't just multiply that attach rate World wide.

mrgreen108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 mrgreen108

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

mythrol

You have a warped sense of reality. How could a console that for 2 gens was in 1st place, last gen outselling it's competition by OVER 100 MILLION units, and suddenly falling to 3rd and 8 million units BEHIND it's nearest competition be seen as a win? Microsoft coming from 24 million units sold on the original xbox (compared to over 150 million units sold by the ps2) suddenly having sold 39 million units and 8 million units ahead of the PS3 is a fail by them? Dec the PS3 beat the xbox by 50k units, Nov the 360 beat the PS3 by over 300k in NA, yet the PS3 is now king of the world? Lol. Cows.

Because it had a year of unopposed competition, aborted its old console and is barely beating ps3. Ps3 wins in selling more per month, given an even start time xbox would have lost big time. get your facts straight too maybe would help, xbox outsold ps3 by 100k last month

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
[QUOTE="falldogout"]

More sales doesn't mean superior console?

A long time ago many nations supported slavery. Does that make it good?

Just cause the ps3 outsold the xbox 360 does not make it a better console.

Your not taking in the consideration of the intelligence of the consumer and the reason WHY they bought a ps3.

Maybe they got YLOD? LUL

surrealnumber5
the consuming body is far smarter and wiser than any who go against it. sorry buddy but the market never lies and to try and discount its significance is a fool or hella ego centric

Wow you should be banned for this post imo. Dead serious btw.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

bez2083

Not really. It's a kid who was expected to do just as well as his older brother, but instead lost all the money his older brother made for the family, and is just recently gaining his balance back after having to totally rethink his strategy.

So atm, PS2= MIT Doctorate, PS3=BA from Stanford. Good, but nowhere near expectations

And this is why being second born to an intelligent sibling who is successful sicks.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 shinrabanshou

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

mythrol

Err... no it didn't. It was 110k...

Amnesiacx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Amnesiacx

[QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]PS3 Japanese Sales for December: 622,087 360: 36,848 NA and Japan for both: PS3: 1.98 Million 360: 1.375 Million And should we really care for Wii sales anyway...? We all know what their audiences are...mythrol
PS3 sales were HIGHLY inflated in Japan due to FFXIII launch. Let's wait and see how sales are in a few months from now. I'm betting it will be a different story.

You're betting what will be a different story? That the 360 will be beating the PS3 or actually putting up a fight in Japan? :lol: Ok Mr. Guy who thinks that the 360 outsold the PS3 by 300k in last months NPD. :lol: Get your facts straight. How anyone could agree with your arguments would just be proof that people will believe anything.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="falldogout"]

More sales doesn't mean superior console?

A long time ago many nations supported slavery. Does that make it good?

Just cause the ps3 outsold the xbox 360 does not make it a better console.

Your not taking in the consideration of the intelligence of the consumer and the reason WHY they bought a ps3.

Maybe they got YLOD? LUL

Eddie-Vedder
the consuming body is far smarter and wiser than any who go against it. sorry buddy but the market never lies and to try and discount its significance is a fool or hella ego centric

Wow you should be banned for this post imo. Dead serious btw.

why? does the market lie? is the sum of all human knowledge trumped by one person who is included in that body? is it not foolish or ego centric to think that one drop in that ocean eclipses the rest? what have i said that is so wrong or ban worthy?
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

[QUOTE="mythrol"][QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

shinrabanshou

110k is a little more than 50.. However that's splitting hairs. He makes a good point. No one seems to give M$ credit for what they've accomplished this gen and it's far from over (especially with Natal on the horizon). Come November 2010... The 360 will have been on the market for the console standard 5 years and it has already far eclipsed the original XB. It may even reach as much as 50 mil.. That's a pretty big accomplishment from the original.
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Shattered007
[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

Because it had a year of unopposed competition, aborted its old console and is barely beating ps3. Ps3 wins in selling more per month, given an even start time xbox would have lost big time

When the PS3 luanched in 2006 for Japan and the North America, the 360 had a miger 5 million lead on the 360. Now Microsoft has annouced it has sold 39 million consoles wheres VGchartz has the PS3 at 31.83 million after adding the mealy 4 million that Sony said it sold druing the 2009 holidays. So, how is the PS3 outselling the 360 month-to-month?
Amnesiacx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Amnesiacx

[QUOTE="Amnesiacx"]

[QUOTE="Halo__Reach"]Damn, Nintendo vs. Everyone else can only equate to: Halo__Reach

LMFAO This guy is plagiarizing message board posts from NeoGAF now. How pathetic can you be? Be original...

how the heck do you not know i didnt post this there, huh?

Because you didn't. Prove it. It will be nice to out a confirmed Xbot on GAF. :lol:

lazybum131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 lazybum131
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="opex07"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

The last time I saw attach rates released the 360 was 8 something and the PS3 was only 4 something quite the difference, do you have anything showing otherwise.

nhh18

6.5 ps3, 6.2 wii, 7.5 xbox 360. This is april 22nd 2009. Wii attach rate is really 5.2 (includes wii sports).

Here are the NPD attach rates (tie ratios) as of September 2009:

• Xbox 360 - 8.8
  • PS3 - 6.8
  • Wii - 6.5 (does NOT include Wii Sports).

You're mistaken about the tie ratio including Wii Sports, these are based on NPD numbers so bundled games like Wii Sports are not included.

Who cares, they catered to different markets. Wii is a casual system while PS2 was had a little bit of everything. Congrats to Nintendo, but I hope they change their strategy next gen because the Wii honestly doesn't deserve this kind of success.

iKINGBOBi

Nintendo has ALWAYS marketed the Wii as a system for the entire family with something for everyone. You can't objectively look at the entirety of Nintendo's first-party Wii games list and still say BS like 'they have abandoned their core market and only targeted casuals'. The ONLY thing people can reasonably complain about is the lack of new, 'hardcore' IP from them (and considering the large number of IPs Nintendo have, and the lack of success with Sony's strategy of new IPs this gen, I can't blame Nintendo for being conservative here).

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 nhh18

[QUOTE="mythrol"][QUOTE="XenogearsMaster"]PS3 Japanese Sales for December: 622,087 360: 36,848 NA and Japan for both: PS3: 1.98 Million 360: 1.375 Million And should we really care for Wii sales anyway...? We all know what their audiences are...Amnesiacx

You're betting what will be a different story? That the 360 will be beating the PS3 or actually putting up a fight in Japan? :lol: Ok Mr. Guy who thinks that the 360 outsold the PS3 by 300k in last months NPD. :lol: Get your facts straight. How anyone could agree with your arguments would just be proof that people will believe anything.

I don't understand those comments at all. What if halo 3 didn't come out? It did and it sold alot. I don't understand those because it isn't like we could have stuff not exist when we don't like it.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 ActicEdge

why? does the market lie? is the sum of all human knowledge trumped by one person who is included in that body? is it not foolish or ego centric to think that one drop in that ocean eclipses the rest? what have i said that is so wrong or ban worthy? surrealnumber5

I disagree with both of you. The consuming body is irrelevant. There is no such thing as smart when you purchase something for your own personal enjoyment. Anyone who says any differently is simply wrong. You shouldn't be ban but saying the masses are smarter than one man on purchases of taste is quite wrong imo. The same way I think the hardcore gamer looking down on people with different buying habits is incredibly ignorant. I don't even know what Eddie is doing here, for someone who doen't care about sales, he surefinds sales threads just as well as I do ;)

caughtjoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#246 caughtjoo
Member since 2009 • 975 Posts
I say we just sit around and wait.
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

lol

mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 mythrol

mrgreen108

Because it had a year of unopposed competition, aborted its old console and is barely beating ps3. Ps3 wins in selling more per month, given an even start time xbox would have lost big time

Launching early does not mean instant win. Look at the Dreamcast and PS2. The PS2 launched and completely DESTROYED the dreamcast. Coming off the success of the PS2 (you know, over 150 million units sold) for the PS3 to not be able to come out and completely destroy the 360 even after RROD, Microsoft killing off the xbox, and horrible 360 sales in Japan show you just have far Sony has fallen. If the 360 has been out a year longer than why is it that it OUTSOLD the PS3 in Nov and only lost by 50k units in December? There is NO WAY you can spin a drop from 1st place all the way to LAST PLACE as a GOOD thing. There is no way you can spin the PS3 selling less than HALF the amount of the PS2 in the same time period as a GOOD thing. There's no way you can spin MIcrosoft TAKING OVER NA after Sony completely owned it with the PS2 as a GOOD thing.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 surrealnumber5

Here are the NPD attach rates (tie ratios) as of September 2009:

• Xbox 360 - 8.8
  • PS3 - 6.8
  • Wii - 6.5 (does NOT include Wii Sports).

You're mistaken about the tie ratio including Wii Sports, these are based on NPD numbers so bundled games like Wii Sports are not included.

lazybum131

great find

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 shinrabanshou

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

[QUOTE="mythrol"] You have a warped sense of reality. How could a console that for 2 gens was in 1st place, last gen outselling it's competition by OVER 100 MILLION units, and suddenly falling to 3rd and 8 million units BEHIND it's nearest competition be seen as a win? Microsoft coming from 24 million units sold on the original xbox (compared to over 150 million units sold by the ps2) suddenly having sold 39 million units and 8 million units ahead of the PS3 is a fail by them? Dec the PS3 beat the xbox by 50k units, Nov the 360 beat the PS3 by over 300k in NA, yet the PS3 is now king of the world? Lol. Cows.OhSnapitz

110k is a little more than 50.. However that's splitting hairs. He makes a good point. No one seems to give M$ credit for what they've accomplished this gen and it's far from over (especially with Natal on the horizon). Come November 2010... The 360 will have been on the market for the console standard 5 years and it has already far eclipsed the original XB. It may even reach as much as 50 mil.. That's a pretty big accomplishment from the original.

Oh I give credit where credit's due. The 360 has done phenomenally considering it's predecessor's performance. And I wrote earlier it's managed to become a pop culture icon (in the US) which in itself makes it a success.

But that was just a blatantly false statement that I thought needed correcting. In writing this there's another presumably false statement in that post too. The 360 is not 8 million units ahead of the PS3, I don't think it's ever been that far ahead even before the launch of the slim.

(And yeah, 110>50... but then 150 (Nov JP) + 550 (Dec JP) + 50 (Dec US) also > 110 (Nov US)