Dec NPD.. PS3 outsells 360 by 50k units

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

i gotta hand it to sony they make a real big comeback this year and 2010 is gonna be a battlw bewteen the 360 and ps3 i dont think there is going to be a clear winner still waiting on sony to announce how many ps3 they have sold

the WII well its the new ps2 is the KING nothing more u can say haters

italygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 italygamer
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

basically the Wii sold more than the Ps3+360+psp+ps2 put together

Stats_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Stats_
Member since 2009 • 2352 Posts

[QUOTE="Stats_"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Im 100% sure that in Europe ps3 is outselling the 360 and ps3 is outselling the 360 in Japan as well, so overall ps3 is doing perfectly well, now Sony need to start with this new PSN i dont mind paying as long as they make it great. do it sony!!

nhh18

The UK, Europes biggest game market as of novemeber last year is Xbox Land.

There is no microsoft land, or sony land. It is just nintendo land.

True enough. Although, my house is SONY land and Nintendo can do nothing about it. Personally victory

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#154 Theguy56
Member since 2003 • 1379 Posts

i gotta hand it to sony they make a real big comeback this year and 2010 is gonna be a battlw bewteen the 360 and ps3 i dont think there is going to be a clear winner still waiting on sony to announce how many ps3 they have sold

the WII well its the new ps2 is the KING nothing more u can say haters

coltgames
But the grandmas and children! *cries*
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

basically the Wii sold more than the Ps3+360+psp+ps2 put together

italygamer
If you add up the 360 and PS3 numbers. And "cheat" your way through by adding yet another million, they still can't catch up:lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#156 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

[QUOTE="Stats_"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Im 100% sure that in Europe ps3 is outselling the 360 and ps3 is outselling the 360 in Japan as well, so overall ps3 is doing perfectly well, now Sony need to start with this new PSN i dont mind paying as long as they make it great. do it sony!!

nhh18

The UK, Europes biggest game market as of novemeber last year is Xbox Land.

There is no microsoft land, or sony land. It is just nintendo land.

The world is theirs, the other 2 just live in it.

mrgreen108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 mrgreen108
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

Wow ps3 outsold xbox by 850k'ish worldwide in december, 6 or 7 more months like that and this and it will be caught up to the xbox. Even after xbox had a year head start. It's offical ps3 sold more units per month worldwidesince launch than xbox has. Now xbox can't even win in it's strongest market. Stick a fork in it, xbox is done. How's the crow tasting lemmings?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#158 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]i cant wait for some charts and numbers for total software salesnhh18

uncharted 2 sold a million. which is awesome.

It already passed the 2.5 million a long time ago :P, i think by now its close to 3 million

falldogout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 falldogout
Member since 2009 • 429 Posts

The king has retured. Major beatdownby theTREY over the 360. PS3 probably would have completely destroyed the 360 if it wasn't for major PS3 shortagesand 360 replacement buys (RROD and Microsoft banning those accounts) ! But with that being said , 360 is still DEAD LAST for the month anyway where it belongs. TREY 4 LI4E!

Sales matter people.

It took the ps3 3 years to get to second place barely? Sales dont matter. You can get an xbox 360 or ps3 for the same price as a wii and the xbox 360/ps3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wii hardware. Yet people still buy it by the truck loads. Should have KNOWN. Anyone who uses the word TREY to describe A PIECE OF entertainment hardware instead of its real name should be BANNED from the english language.

Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts

[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"][QUOTE="skinny_man_69"]

Oh snap. Looks like PS3 will be catching up to the 360 within the next few months with that hugemargin of a victory :roll:

Modern_Unit

well considering its outselling the 360 in japan by average of 300k consoles a month and who knows in EU and pal territories

Am i the only one that thinks that the japenese population buy ps3's just for the hell of it? (not to sound racist, apologize to anyone who got offended)

you wanna talk about people buying systems for the hell of it lets talk about the wii then
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#161 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

i cant wait for some charts and numbers for total software salessurrealnumber5

It already passed the 2.5 million a long time ago :P, i think by now its close to 3 million

I think he meant for Decemeber alone
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#162 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

Wow ps3 outsold xbox by 850k'ish worldwide in december, 6 or 7 more months like that and this and it will be caught up to the xbox. Even after xbox had a year head start. It's offical ps3 sold more units per month worldwidesince launch than xbox has. Now xbox can't even win in it's strongest market. Stick a fork in it, xbox is done. How's the crow tasting lemmings?

mrgreen108
Dream on 360 is here to stay like or not that is fact
iKINGBOBi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 iKINGBOBi
Member since 2009 • 1083 Posts

Haha, Wii just completely shattered the PS2 record by over 700k. This is beast.

ActicEdge

Who cares, they catered to different markets. Wii is a casual system while PS2 was had a little bit of everything. Congrats to Nintendo, but I hope they change their strategy next gen because the Wii honestly doesn't deserve this kind of success.

mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#164 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
[QUOTE="skinny_man_69"]

Oh snap. Looks like PS3 will be catching up to the 360 within the next few months with that hugemargin of a victory :roll:

Kennysolidsnake
well considering its outselling the 360 in japan by average of 300k consoles a month and who knows in EU and pal territories

Let's follow this path. Let's say the PS3 and 360 are tied in the US / EU (some months the 360 wins out, some the PS3) and the PS3 continues to outsell the 360 in Japan by an average of 300k units a month. We already know that the PS3 is around the 31 million unit mark and the 360 at the 39 million mark (Microsoft announced this at CES 2010). It's still take over 2 years for the PS3 to just CATCH UP to Microsoft (27 months). And that's assuming Microsoft does nothing to try and boost 360 sales, as well as assuming Natal has no impact at all on units sold. So sure, In 2 years when the Xbox 720 has already been announced and either launched or about to be launched the PS3 MIGHT catch up.
nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]i cant wait for some charts and numbers for total software salesfinalstar2007

That is vgchartzzzz. They also have forza 3 at 2.4 million when it broke 1 million shipments like 4 weeks ago. Uncharted 2 among thieves broke 1 million which is great for sony.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

And Wii out sold both combined!

Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Captain_SOAP_

its funny how mario is at the top of the list i remember playing mario games 12 years ago how many sequels since 64 anyone care to guess?

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

its funny how mario is at the top of the list i remember playing mario games 12 years ago how many sequels since 64 anyone care to guess?

Captain_SOAP_

You used to play mario, that is reason why it sells. Everyone one time has played a mario game. So you should expect new super mario bros wii to be on that list.

falldogout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 falldogout
Member since 2009 • 429 Posts

More sales doesn't mean superior console?

A long time ago many nations supported slavery. Does that make it good?

Just cause the ps3 outsold the xbox 360 does not make it a better console.

Your not taking in the consideration of the intelligence of the consumer and the reason WHY they bought a ps3.

Maybe they got YLOD? LUL

Theguy56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#170 Theguy56
Member since 2003 • 1379 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

iKINGBOBi

Who cares, they catered to different markets. Wii is a casual system while PS2 was had a little bit of everything. Congrats to Nintendo, but I hope they change their strategy next gen because the Wii honestly doesn't deserve this kind of success.

Their previous strategies didn't work for them and that's an opinion as I think it does deserve it's success.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

iKINGBOBi

Don't worry the Wii 2 won't have this success. Because Nintendo focuses on casuals, who's going to upgrade? You think casuals care about HD graphics? People just want Wii Sports and Mario. If Nintendo's smart they ride the Wii as long as they possibly can, because casuals won't upgrade and they abandoned hardcore.
-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

iKINGBOBi

I think I hear the sheep a comin :o

Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Captain_SOAP_

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="nhh18"]uncharted 2 sold a million. which is awesome.

nhh18

That is vgchartzzzz. They also have forza 3 at 2.4 million when it broke 1 million shipments like 4 weeks ago. Uncharted 2 among thieves broke 1 million which is great for sony.

omg guys u dont trust NPD or vgchartz then who the **** do u trust?
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

iKINGBOBi

In an NPD thread? I care obviously. plus with all the third parties still saying the platform is dying these beast NPDs are just hilarious.

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 skinny_man_69

[QUOTE="iKINGBOBi"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

-Sir-Poof-

I think I hear the sheep a comin :o

Sheep are only a myth. I have never seen one :P

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#176 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

[QUOTE="micky4889"]

[QUOTE="ToScA-"]

We do?

Where are the European numbaz!!? :o

ToScA-

The PS3 has already pasted the 360 in EUROPE despite the 16 month difference in launch dates.

Ontopic

Wow at Wii and NSMBW :o

And the PS3 outsold the 360 by 50k, i was expecting it to be the other way around :P

Yeah I've seen that. However, that doesn't take into account the pricedrops and price reconfiguration of PS3 and 360 respectively. Let alone the holiday season.

If it doesn't take into account the price drops and price reconfiguration, why did the PS3 get a massive spike in the second chart around the time the slim came out?

Also, it might not include the holidays, but going by how (according to this chart) the PS3 has outsold the 360 for pretty much for the past 3 years, logic would say that it continued that trend through the holidays. No?

Halo__Reach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Halo__Reach
Member since 2009 • 443 Posts
Damn, Nintendo vs. Everyone else can only equate to:
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
Holy **** at Wii and DS sales. I thought when Iwata said Wii sold 3 million, it might be a little lower, but not 200 thousand from 4 mill... Jesus christ...
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

[QUOTE="ToScA-"]

[QUOTE="micky4889"]

The PS3 has already pasted the 360 in EUROPE despite the 16 month difference in launch dates.

Ontopic

Wow at Wii and NSMBW :o

And the PS3 outsold the 360 by 50k, i was expecting it to be the other way around :P

micky4889

Yeah I've seen that. However, that doesn't take into account the pricedrops and price reconfiguration of PS3 and 360 respectively. Let alone the holiday season.

If it doesn't take into account the price drops and price reconfiguration, why did the PS3 get a massive spike in the second chart around the time the slim came out?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/091030/

You're absolutely right. I was under the impression that the charts were from early September. The link above suggest otherwise.

Avatar image for DragonQuestHero
DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 DragonQuestHero
Member since 2006 • 1105 Posts

Wow at them Wii number!

Congrats Nintendo!

After the Gamecube, I never dreamed that the Wii would ever sell so well. Yet year after year though it has continued to sell very well. I'm happy to see Nintendo doing so strongly.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Mario Kart 8)
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

More sales doesn't mean superior console?

A long time ago many nations supported slavery. Does that make it good?

Just cause the ps3 outsold the xbox 360 does not make it a better console.

Your not taking in the consideration of the intelligence of the consumer and the reason WHY they bought a ps3.

Maybe they got YLOD? LUL

falldogout
the consuming body is far smarter and wiser than any who go against it. sorry buddy but the market never lies and to try and discount its significance is a fool or hella ego centric
mrgreen108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 mrgreen108

[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"][QUOTE="skinny_man_69"]

mythrol

Let's follow this path. Let's say the PS3 and 360 are tied in the US / EU (some months the 360 wins out, some the PS3) and the PS3 continues to outsell the 360 in Japan by an average of 300k units a month. We already know that the PS3 is around the 31 million unit mark and the 360 at the 39 million mark (Microsoft announced this at CES 2010). It's still take over 2 years for the PS3 to just CATCH UP to Microsoft (27 months). And that's assuming Microsoft does nothing to try and boost 360 sales, as well as assuming Natal has no impact at all on units sold. So sure, In 2 years when the Xbox 720 has already been announced and either launched or about to be launched the PS3 MIGHT catch up.

Yes this does make sense, but lets look at the launch dates of both. Xbox had a year head start and now can barely hold their own in their best terrirtory? If the console war ended in a few months it would be a victory for ps3. Xbox had no competition in terms of mature next gengamers for a full year and yet still have sold less units per month of existance than ps3? Thats a huge and epic failure in my book

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 skinny_man_69

[QUOTE="mythrol"][QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"] well considering its outselling the 360 in japan by average of 300k consoles a month and who knows in EU and pal territoriesmrgreen108

Yes this does make sense, but lets look at the launch dates of both. Xbox had a year head start and now can barely hold their own in their best terrirtory? If the console war ended in a few months it would be a victory for ps3. Xbox had no competition in terms of mature next gengamers for a full year and yet still have sold less units per month of existance than ps3? Thats a huge and epic failure in my book

If the console war ended in a few months then it would definitely be 1. Wii 2. 360 3. PS3 A few month in second for sales does not equal a victory when this generation is in its 4th year
mrgreen108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 mrgreen108

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

[QUOTE="mythrol"] Let's follow this path. Let's say the PS3 and 360 are tied in the US / EU (some months the 360 wins out, some the PS3) and the PS3 continues to outsell the 360 in Japan by an average of 300k units a month. We already know that the PS3 is around the 31 million unit mark and the 360 at the 39 million mark (Microsoft announced this at CES 2010). It's still take over 2 years for the PS3 to just CATCH UP to Microsoft (27 months). And that's assuming Microsoft does nothing to try and boost 360 sales, as well as assuming Natal has no impact at all on units sold. So sure, In 2 years when the Xbox 720 has already been announced and either launched or about to be launched the PS3 MIGHT catch up.skinny_man_69

If the console war ended in a few months then it would definitely be 1. Wii 2. 360 3. PS3 A few month in second for sales does not equal a victory when this generation is in its 4th year

No it doesn't, but selling more units per month of existance does equal a victory, and a huge epic fail by ms who had a year of unopposed competition.

italygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 italygamer
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

[QUOTE="mythrol"][QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"] well considering its outselling the 360 in japan by average of 300k consoles a month and who knows in EU and pal territoriesmrgreen108

actually it's a big failure for Sony, as the price-cut and the slim only made them win by 3 consoles and a chewing gum
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts

Yes, I agree, I mean, Forget the 24 million sold $4 billion lose that Microsoft had with the original Xbox, it's a fail for a company to now have outsold there predecessor by 15 million in the same time frame and pulled outta the black only after 2 years on the market. Not only that but, I call it a win for Sony even though the PS3 probably wont brake 50 million WW before the next gen starts. I mean, Sony's so cool that even if they're losing they still win. :|

mrgreen108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 mrgreen108

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

[QUOTE="mythrol"] Let's follow this path. Let's say the PS3 and 360 are tied in the US / EU (some months the 360 wins out, some the PS3) and the PS3 continues to outsell the 360 in Japan by an average of 300k units a month. We already know that the PS3 is around the 31 million unit mark and the 360 at the 39 million mark (Microsoft announced this at CES 2010). It's still take over 2 years for the PS3 to just CATCH UP to Microsoft (27 months). And that's assuming Microsoft does nothing to try and boost 360 sales, as well as assuming Natal has no impact at all on units sold. So sure, In 2 years when the Xbox 720 has already been announced and either launched or about to be launched the PS3 MIGHT catch up.italygamer

actually it's a big failure for Sony, as the price-cut and the slim only made them win by 3 consoles and a chewing gum

If by 3 you mean 850k then yes it was a small victory

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#189 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17469 Posts
[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

[QUOTE="mythrol"] Let's follow this path. Let's say the PS3 and 360 are tied in the US / EU (some months the 360 wins out, some the PS3) and the PS3 continues to outsell the 360 in Japan by an average of 300k units a month. We already know that the PS3 is around the 31 million unit mark and the 360 at the 39 million mark (Microsoft announced this at CES 2010). It's still take over 2 years for the PS3 to just CATCH UP to Microsoft (27 months). And that's assuming Microsoft does nothing to try and boost 360 sales, as well as assuming Natal has no impact at all on units sold. So sure, In 2 years when the Xbox 720 has already been announced and either launched or about to be launched the PS3 MIGHT catch up.Shattered007

Yes, I agree, I mean, Forget the 24 million sold 4 billion lose that Microsoft had with the original Xbox, it's a fail for a company to now have outsold there predecessor by 15 million in the same time frame. Not only that but, I call it a win for Sony even though the PS3 probably wont brake 50 million WW before the next gen starts. I mean, Sony's so cool that even if they're losing they still win. :|

lol, awesome :P
Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Shattered007
[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

[QUOTE="italygamer"][QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

I'm sorry, where's the extra 800K coming from again? Oh, wait, it's the unknown numbers from places like Spain, Germany and Switzerland, right?
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
It sickens me how much the Wii is selling! Comon people, what are you thinking!
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

HoWii Crap! O.O

mrgreen108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 mrgreen108

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

[QUOTE="italygamer"] actually it's a big failure for Sony, as the price-cut and the slim only made them win by 3 consoles and a chewing gumShattered007

I'm sorry, where's the extra 800K coming from again? Oh, wait, it's the unknown numbers from places like Spain, Germany and Switzerland, right?

It must be sad when the usa is the only world you know

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

if the ps3 didnt have supply problems it would have outsold both the wii and 360 in december. the ps3 n sony is the world wide leader make.believe it only does everything sony ftw!

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Shattered007

[QUOTE="Shattered007"][QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

mrgreen108

Yep, it must be even sader for people to ignore the USA because their console of choice doesn't sell well here.

Maybe we should make another thread where US Fanboys come in and talk about how stupid Americans are becasue they didn't buy a PS3 instead of a 360.

Oh, wait a minute, I thinkI'm turning Japanese

XturnalS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 XturnalS
Member since 2004 • 5020 Posts

[QUOTE="nhh18"]

[QUOTE="metswonin69"]

Why the heck is there almost never any PS3 games in the software list?

ToScA-

Smaller userbase.

The low (relative) attach rate still suggest that there is more to it than that. ..Unless said attach rate has improved significantly?

6.5 tie ratio is low :\

Better tell the Wii owners because they have 6.2 tie ratio as of Apr of 09.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23308

ozzdog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#197 ozzdog123
Member since 2003 • 1527 Posts

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m1d14-Decemeber-NPD-Report PS3 1.36 million, 360 1.31 million

Kennysolidsnake
Ok cool story bro
mrgreen108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 mrgreen108

[QUOTE="mrgreen108"]

[QUOTE="Shattered007"] I'm sorry, where's the extra 800K coming from again? Oh, wait, it's the unknown numbers from places like Spain, Germany and Switzerland, right?Shattered007

Yep, it must be even sader for people to ignore the USA because their console of choice doesn't sell well here.

im not ignoring it, it beat xbox by 50k, 600k beatdown in japan confirmed. adding another 200k in other territories is being very generous towards ms

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
It sickens me how much the Wii is selling! Comon people, what are you thinking!-RocBoys9489-
great games great system? that would be my guess. nintendo has been on fire this gen, if only third parties would put forth the same kind of effort
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
[QUOTE="-RocBoys9489-"]It sickens me how much the Wii is selling! Comon people, what are you thinking!surrealnumber5
great games great system? that would be my guess. nintendo has been on fire this gen, if only third parties would put forth the same kind of effort

I'm going to have to... disagree with you? LOL