Dear Killzone, THIS is how it's done properly

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 drakekratos
Member since 2011 • 2311 Posts

[QUOTE="drakekratos"]

Looks like a fast paced mix of CoD and Halo.

NiteLights

Crysis 2 tried that, and right now just about every server is empty. So this being like COD or Halo, or a mix of both isn't a good thing in my opinion.

Crysis didnt play as fast as this, and was plagued by that cloak suit
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#102 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

lol no. that won't hold a candle to killzone 3.

all GG needs to do is release a couple new warzone/operation packs and it'll be in business well into next year, and people won't have to play this obvs COD clone crap.

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

Just looks like another FPS with over-sensitive controls. I think Killzone did it properly with weighty gameplay that actually feels somewhat realistic.

BigBoss154

as a guy that has used a lot of different guns all i can tell you is kz "weight" is not realistic at all.

don't believe me? go get the broom out of your kitchen and do a 180 degree turn while holding it and tell me the 3 second time that takes in kz is even close to what you experence in rl.

the average guy in rl can do a 180 turn in about 6 tenths of a second.

What you have to take into account is that they are wearing full armour and are on a planet where the gravity is stronger than on Earth. And the fact that the environment is so hostile and toxic that it mutated the settlers bodies to the point where most don't have any hair and require breathing masks.

You actually think that they look at those things when balancing the shooting gameplay?
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Hey look! It's just another rehashed FPS!

Seriously, if you play one FPS, you've played them all. Was that Resistance 2? Or Resistance 3? Or Modern Warfare? I couldn't tell because they're all the same damn game.

The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
That looks just as medioric and bland as CoD. The art style is as terrible as KZ tho.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#106 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
resistance> kz ALWAYS.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#107 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Seriously, if you play one FPS, you've played them all.GeoffZak

If you only play uncreative, mediocre FPSs, sure.

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBoss154"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]as a guy that has used a lot of different guns all i can tell you is kz "weight" is not realistic at all.

don't believe me? go get the broom out of your kitchen and do a 180 degree turn while holding it and tell me the 3 second time that takes in kz is even close to what you experence in rl.

the average guy in rl can do a 180 turn in about 6 tenths of a second.

Sandvichman

What you have to take into account is that they are wearing full armour and are on a planet where the gravity is stronger than on Earth. And the fact that the environment is so hostile and toxic that it mutated the settlers bodies to the point where most don't have any hair and require breathing masks.

You actually think that they look at those things when balancing the shooting gameplay?

Considering there is nothing wrong with the gunplay, yes I do.

kunggustaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 kunggustaf
Member since 2005 • 883 Posts

the animations look awful in that trailer. Can't see why Cows hype this game :roll:

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

This is the speed and controls that Killzone should've been at if they wanted to gain mainstream success.

Anyways, enough about KZ3. Here's some new Resistance 3 multiplayer footage. Looks like a fast paced mix of CoD and Halo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhNSv0PloGQ

drakekratos

Game looks like a call of duty mod.

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Sandvichman

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"][QUOTE="BigBoss154"]

BigBoss154

Considering there is nothing wrong with the gunplay, yes I do.

I dont think anything is wrong kz3 gameplay except the fact that they have laser accuracy. I'm just pointing out that those kind of things as how they live dont decie weapon balance
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
It's a CoD clone complete with killstreaks and overpowered rockets. Wut? The only difference is it takes a while to kill people with bullets. And seriously, those rockets look OP as hell.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Sandvichman

It went from being a battlefield wannabe, to a 64 playered halo wannabe, to become a cod wannabe, this games suffers from identity crysis, first it had this awesome 50s and alien stuff, then they were essentially space marines,

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 BigBoss154

It went from being a battlefield wannabe, to a 64 playered halo wannabe, to become a cod wannabe, this games suffers from identity crysis, first it had this awesome 50s and alien stuff, then they were essentially space marines,

Sandvichman

You have been playing too many video games. :P

They should have stuck with what made KZ2 great, instead of changing around too many things to be like other shooters. Damn shame.

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Sandvichman

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

BigBoss154

They should have stuck with what made KZ2 great, instead of changing around too many things to be like other shooters. Damn shame.

I have a habit of doing that ;(
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

BigBoss154

Which was? Dont say spawn grenades since thats what made it unfun.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
Resistance 2 multi player was nothing but a chaotic mess. I expect this to be no different.
MacGyver2188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 MacGyver2188
Member since 2011 • 105 Posts
Looks just like Haze mp tbh yawwn
BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BigBoss154

[QUOTE="BigBoss154"]

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

finalfantasy94

Which was? Dont say spawn grenades since thats what made it unfun.

No, not spawn grenades. I mean the progression system, the amount of recoil (reduced in KZ3 to the point where aiming down the sights is pointless), abilities, and custom matches.