Dead Nation: PS4 Edition Looks Promising

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

So looks like this may be more than just a port from the ps3 editiion, new content being added for the PS4 edition:

-Of course it includes the original full campaign mode from the PS3 edition, but also includes the DLC for Road to Devastation that adds two game modes (arcade mode and endless mode)

-New to PS4 edition is challenge mode allowing players to post scores to freinds, allow players to play with their freinds avatars to try and beat their record scores and compete against challenges posted by people on the leaderboards

-Now the coolest new feature IMO is Broadcast mode. When a player streams their gameplay, viewers can affect the streamers game through voting to input certain conditions like spawning ammo or disabling sprinting among others im sure.

Also in 1080p for anyone thats curious

So whose getting this on Tuesday? And what do you think of this game and its new features?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/27/5453334/dead-nation-apocalypse-edition-hits-ps4-march-4-with-viewer-run

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts

Not 60FPS?

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PS4TrumpsXbox1

@IamAdorable said:

Not 60FPS?

Its 1080p/30fps

"The original game was coded with 30fps in mind and it would have been near impossible to get 60fps for this reason."

"[1080p/30fps], simply because the original was designed for 30fps. Making it 60fps would have required almost a complete code overhaul."

"The original engine wasn’t built for 60."

Tweets from Housemarquee

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13832-new-dead-nation-apocalypse-edition-ps4-details-1080p30-fps-trophies-list-di.html

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts
@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

Its 1080p/30fps

"The original game was coded with 30fps in mind and it would have been near impossible to get 60fps for this reason."

"[1080p/30fps], simply because the original was designed for 30fps. Making it 60fps would have required almost a complete code overhaul."

"The original engine wasn’t built for 60."

Tweets from Housemarquee

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13832-new-dead-nation-apocalypse-edition-ps4-details-1080p30-fps-trophies-list-di.html

Oh okay. Would've been good to see a title like this at 60FPS.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

I'm disappointed with this months offering to say the least. Outlast was a great game to offer. A last gen indie game repackaged in HD isn't really my idea of value. I would relate this to a store selling an out of date product at a reduced price.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

it looked promising LAST GEN too. last gen in a nice new next gen package lol.

whats with Sony only releasing all these last gen games on the ps4. might as well just by a ps3.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Meh.

For this last gen game that I spent a little over 100 hours on the ONLY thing that could make it better would have been random or semi-random spawn points. The singular DLC Road to Devastation is basically a survival mode and those aren't my cup of tea at all.

Once you knew how many / what type of zombies are around the corner the game loses a lot of its tension. I had Undead mode down to a science.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#9  Edited By Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

I'll give it a whirl. The original Dead Nation was hella fun.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

So looks like this may be more than just a port from the ps3 editiion, new content being added for the PS4 edition:

-Of course it includes the original full campaign mode from the PS3 edition, but also includes the DLC for Road to Devastation that adds two game modes (arcade mode and endless mode)

-New to PS4 edition is challenge mode allowing players to post scores to freinds, allow players to play with their freinds avatars to try and beat their record scores and compete against challenges posted by people on the leaderboards

-Now the coolest new feature IMO is Broadcast mode. When a player streams their gameplay, viewers can affect the streamers game through voting to input certain conditions like spawning ammo or disabling sprinting among others im sure.

Also in 1080p for anyone thats curious

So whose getting this on Tuesday? And what do you think of this game and its new features?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/27/5453334/dead-nation-apocalypse-edition-hits-ps4-march-4-with-viewer-run

nice to see they are adding news features and upping the res instead of just doing a straight port.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PS4TrumpsXbox1

@tymeservesfate said:

whats with Sony only releasing all these last gen games on the ps4. might as well just by a ps3.

What, games like tomb raider and rayman legends? Games that are also on Microsoft's machine? lol

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

What, games like tomb raider and rayman legends? Games that are also on Microsoft's machine? lol

not to mention Fable anniversary on the Xbox 360, i think releases and remakes of old games are cool, playing doom 3 Bfg on the 360 and i am really suprised at how well it holds up.

I say Remake more old games, would love to see another REmake or MGS remake for this gen of consoles not to mention soulreaver.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

not to mention Fable anniversary on the Xbox 360, i think releases and remakes of old games are cool, playing doom 3 Bfg on the 360 and i am really suprised at how well it holds up.

I say Remake more old games, would love to see another REmake or MGS remake for this gen of consoles not to mention soulreaver.

along with Flower and others @PS4TrumpsXbox1...i'm talking solely for the ps4. yes, there's nothing wrong with remakes. i'm not saying there is. but when that system is already so skimpy recently with new game announcements, hearing about another remake of a last gen game is kind of boring. they need new full retail games announced and some new stuff to really be appealing. even if its a new PSN game(like Max: TCOB)...not just remakes of last gen arcade/PSN games that came out somewhat recently, imo.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Never got into Dead Nation, specially after playing the superior zombie game State of Decay.

dreamdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dreamdude
Member since 2006 • 4627 Posts

Broadcast mode sounds like a fun time for me to harmlessly troll somebody.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

I'm looking forward to PS+ getting full console games, but this will do for now. I wouldn't really have any interest in this outside of getting included with my subscription, but I'll give it a shot.

I can't seem to find this anywhere, does this game have local coop?

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Would have played it even if it was just a simple port because I love Dead Nation but all those other features sounds interested (I'm referring to broadcast mode notably). Will definitely download on Tuesday.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Yep it does :D

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

So this is the PS4 "support" LOL

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#21 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I got this game for free because of the whole Sony Hack Scandal. I didn't like it at all.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

What's next calling all cars 1080p, glad I blew 400 to play vita games on my tv