Days Gone comes out this Friday. Are you excited? Update: Gamespot 5/10

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (24035 posts) -

It's finally here. The moment of truth you've been waiting for. Will Days Gone be a somewhat decent game or not? Will it totally surprise us and be amazing? Or will it be a total stinker/ What do you think will happen, SW? I think it has a good shot at being a good game. Not thinking it will blow our minds away or anything.

#2 Posted by XVision84 (15785 posts) -

It'll be a good game, but most likely nothing mind blowing.

#3 Posted by BoxRekt (962 posts) -

It will be a decent game and worth more than every MS game released the last 3 years.

That said, It won't be anything mind blowing but it should be worth a buy.

7/10 GS

Mid 70's MC

#4 Posted by Pedro (33900 posts) -

Nope. Unless something changes about the game that falls in line with my interest.

#5 Edited by watercrack445 (1439 posts) -

I'm not going to buy the game but watch it on youtube. So, going to be pretty busy watching on youtube. With most video games, I just watch.I have a phone that can support 1080p, so better than my tv. I would say 7/10 or 8/10.

#6 Edited by speedytimsi (925 posts) -

I think it's a nice game. Probably gonna pick it up if it goes on a deep discount at the end of the year ($20 bucks or less). I rather watch someone play this on twitch first.

If this does have co-op or multiplayer in the future then this game might actually be worth it just to play with my friends.

#7 Edited by warmblur (2132 posts) -

No I'm not excited and I think MK11 is going to over shadow it.

#8 Posted by BassMan (10029 posts) -

Not at all. I would be happy if this became a sleeper hit though. People aren't expecting much.

#9 Posted by rzxv04 (554 posts) -

So so. Gonna play it.

#10 Posted by uninspiredcup (32750 posts) -

Looks shite.

#11 Posted by SOedipus (11394 posts) -

No.

#12 Edited by DaVillain- (36003 posts) -

Not hype for Days Gone, but I do have plans to pick it up day one unless the reviews say otherwise but overall, the gameplay looks solid, nothing mind blowing though but that's to be expected for a Zombie game. Hope it turns out to be good.

Just for clarification, I'm keeping my expectations in check, it's why I'm not hype.

#13 Posted by mojito1988 (3530 posts) -

Nope. I just want some Ratchet and Clank. Sony really has not done much for me this generation. (Sigh.)

#14 Posted by Macutchi (6694 posts) -

the general feeling around it is it'll be mediocre. occam's razor suggests it'll be mediocre. but from previews the gameplay seems reasonably nuanced, if a bit lacking in the horror / atmosphere you'd hope for in zombie games, but f*ck it as an eternal optimist i'm hoping it exceeds expectations and turns our decent

#15 Posted by getyeryayasout (12259 posts) -

I'm in. Motorcycles, guns, swarms of freakers, and mutant bears. What's not to like?

#16 Posted by jcrame10 (5029 posts) -

Reviews will probably hit Wednesday or Thursday.

#17 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18682 posts) -

I laughed when the dev said in the video "We set Days Gone in that world because we hadn't seen it a lot in video games". Is he for real?

#18 Posted by cdragon_88 (1616 posts) -

Excited? No. Gonna play it? Yes. When? When the price hits $25-$30 on ebay or other sites.

#19 Posted by AJStyles (736 posts) -

It’s going to be awesome. Can’t wait to play it.

#20 Posted by Mandzilla (4027 posts) -

@ajstyles: Hope that you enjoy it. :)

#21 Posted by I_P_Daily (11398 posts) -

@boxrekt said:

It will be a decent game and worth more than every MS game released the last 3 years.

7/10 GS

Mid 70's MC

You try way too hard.

#22 Posted by freedomfreak (51141 posts) -

Saw some webms. Looked like state of decay.

#23 Posted by Kadin_Kai (324 posts) -

@boxrekt: what a child

#24 Edited by I_P_Daily (11398 posts) -

They should of called it 2 Days Gone the Gamestop Edition because it reportedly only takes 30hrs to finish (cutscenes take over 6hrs of the time) and a lot of users will use Gamestops 48hr return policy lol.

#25 Posted by Sevenizz (3611 posts) -

I thought this came and went already?

#26 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@boxrekt said:

7/10 GS

Mid 70's MC

You try way too hard.

He's right though, Xbox only had a boring racing game these last 3 years that was worth a gamer's time.

Xbone is complete a

#27 Posted by sukraj (27858 posts) -

yes im buying it im super pumped

#28 Posted by SecretPolice (35079 posts) -

:P

#29 Posted by Macutchi (6694 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:

:P

on friday tho... ;)

#30 Posted by SecretPolice (35079 posts) -

@Macutchi:

Chuckling... Thanks. :)

#31 Posted by Nike_Air (19264 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

I thought this came and went already?

You must have confused it with Crackdown 3

#32 Posted by MosquitoBaby (77 posts) -

It will be better than 99% of games released for the Xbox ONE in the past three years, but compared to Sony's standards this game will be good - not great... or maybe it will surprise. Remember Horizon? The hype wasn't that huge, but it ended up being one of the GOTY's... let's see.

#33 Posted by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

@mosquitobaby said:

It will be better than 99% of games released for the Xbox ONE in the past three years, but compared to Sony's standards this game will be good - not great... or maybe it will surprise. Remember Horizon? The hype wasn't that huge, but it ended up being one of the GOTY's... let's see.

This game isn't going to be GOTY. Hahahahaha Gears 5 is going to destroy it!

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#34 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3201 posts) -

I'll buy day one.

#35 Posted by MosquitoBaby (77 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:
@mosquitobaby said:

Lol, Gears. Didn't the last one get like a 7/10? Gears is an ancient franchise. Granted, both games seem to look okay, not great.

#36 Posted by robert_sparkes (2914 posts) -

Not excited interested. Expecting another quality Sony exclusive.

#37 Posted by pdogg93 (1526 posts) -

@xhawk27: “haha *insert insecure comment about a dying xbone franchise here*”

#38 Posted by Pedro (33900 posts) -

It is funny how threads dedicated to the PS4 and Sony is always derailed by Sony fannies because they can't stop talking about its competitor.

#39 Edited by pdogg93 (1526 posts) -

@Pedro: well considering this is a forum called system wars... but I would argue that judging by some of the comments here, the “competitor” provides little if any actual competition.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
#41 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (10048 posts) -

I think it'll review well but, it's not my kind of game.

#42 Posted by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

@mosquitobaby said:
@xhawk27 said:
@mosquitobaby said:

Lol, Gears. Didn't the last one get like a 7/10? Gears is an ancient franchise. Granted, both games seem to look okay, not great.

I don't count Cowspot reviews. They are clearly bias against Xbox. I bet you that Gears 5 is a better game.

#43 Posted by pdogg93 (1526 posts) -

@xhawk27: “I don't count Cowspot reviews. They are clearly bias against Xbox. I bet you that Gears 5 is a better game”

Omg wahhhh wahhhh the Xbox bias!!! Lololol

#44 Posted by MosquitoBaby (77 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:
@mosquitobaby said:
@xhawk27 said:
@mosquitobaby said:

I don't count Cowspot reviews. They are clearly bias against Xbox. I bet you that Gears 5 is a better game.

Lol, conspiracy!!!!!!

#45 Posted by watercrack445 (1439 posts) -

I keep telling people "its going to be the bloodborne of shooters" Xbox fanboys will never understand because all their shooter games are like just DOOM.

#46 Posted by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

@pdogg93 said:

@xhawk27: “I don't count Cowspot reviews. They are clearly bias against Xbox. I bet you that Gears 5 is a better game”

Omg wahhhh wahhhh the Xbox bias!!! Lololol

Ok bet on it. Gears 5 will score higher on MC than Days Gone? The loser leaves SW.

#47 Posted by Pedro (33900 posts) -

@pdogg93 said:

@Pedro: well considering this is a forum called system wars... but I would argue that judging by some of the comments here, the “competitor” provides little if any actual competition.

Considering this is a PS4 exclusive thread its odd that you have its competitor on your mind.

#48 Posted by pdogg93 (1526 posts) -

@xhawk27: I’m not taking that bet since days gone is not really a AAA Sony release. It’s a “b team” game.

Not really a fair comparison since gears is the best ms has...

#49 Posted by I_P_Daily (11398 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@boxrekt said:

7/10 GS

Mid 70's MC

You try way too hard.

He's right though, Xbox only had a boring racing game these last 3 years that was worth a gamer's time.

Xbone is complete a

So you're saying he's right then turn around and say he's wrong in the same sentence, its no wonder you cows are the class clowns of SW lol.