David Jaffe(GOW 1 & 2 director) on GOW 3 graphics

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D_Mainge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 D_Mainge
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts

Looks like Killzone 2 will have to enjoy the seat of console graphics king while it can. New footage of GOW 3 will also be shown on Spike's VGA on Dec. 14:D

http://www.yawnorama.com/?p=510

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
i wonder why david jaffe would say a thing such as this :3
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
Yup, I'm excited to see it.. But it being the console graphics king? Its possible but i couldn't care less because i can have KIllzone 2 and GOW3 for my PS3 :D
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts
KZ2 looks good but RE5 already looks better than it sorry, lets just hope GOW3 doesn't turn out to be a button masher like the first 2
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#5 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
KZ2 looks good but RE5 already looks better than it sorry, lets just hope GOW3 doesn't turn out to be a button masher like the first 2-Mad_Rhetoric-
I agree, RE5 is graphics king for me
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
KZ2 looks good but RE5 already looks better than it sorry, lets just hope GOW3 doesn't turn out to be a button masher like the first 2-Mad_Rhetoric-
Many people disagree with you, so it'd be nice if you'd stop toting your opinion around as fact.
D_Mainge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 D_Mainge
Member since 2006 • 427 Posts

i wonder why david jaffe would say a thing such as this :3VendettaRed07

Well, if you're being sarcastic, I believe in his words.;) Remember, these are the guys that made GOW 1 & 2 on the ps2 and were arguably the best looking games on that system last gen just when everybody was starting to think the ps2 was out of juice. If anybody can really take advantage of the ps3's hardware I would bet my money on them.:)

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Mad_Rhetoric-
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]KZ2 looks good but RE5 already looks better than it sorry, lets just hope GOW3 doesn't turn out to be a button masher like the first 2bleehum
Many people disagree with you, so it'd be nice if you'd stop toting your opinion around as fact.

I wish people would take there fanboy googles off and stop talking out of there @$$
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]-Mad_Rhetoric-

fanboy goggles? you have a RE avatar and a RE gif in your sig.....

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Mad_Rhetoric-

[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"][This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]Uptown

so by your logic someone has to have a certain pic as there avatar and sig to be a fanboy? so If I remove them I won't be a fanboy? :lol:
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Uptown
[QUOTE="Uptown"]

[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"][This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]-Mad_Rhetoric-

so by your logic someone has to have a certain pic as there avatar and sig to be a fanboy? so If I remove them I won't be a fanboy? :lol:

No, the logic is......I SEE YOU JOCKIN R.E. JOCKIN R.E.

....and your XBL name is PresidentEvil5 LOL

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Mad_Rhetoric-
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"][QUOTE="Uptown"]

Uptown

yeah I like RE :|, hence why I have it in my avatar and sig

it doesn't make me a fanboy

coldsteel321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 coldsteel321
Member since 2007 • 350 Posts

[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"][This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]Uptown

Exactly and judging by his sig, his probably a 360 fanboy hiding behind RE5. Damage control has started very early I see. He needs to take his googles off since everybody agrees that KZ2 is better looking.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Uptown
[QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"] so by your logic someone has to have a certain pic as there avatar and sig to be a fanboy? so If I remove them I won't be a fanboy? :lol:-Mad_Rhetoric-

keep telling yourself that. Your opinion is no less bias than anyone elses.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
It's believable that a God of War game could have the best graphics on a console. It's Sony first party and Santa Monica helps out with a lot of Sony published titles like KZ2, R2, and Uncharted.
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Mad_Rhetoric-

Uptown

exactly, then what are we arguing about?
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bleehum
[QUOTE="bleehum"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]KZ2 looks good but RE5 already looks better than it sorry, lets just hope GOW3 doesn't turn out to be a button masher like the first 2-Mad_Rhetoric-

I wish people would take there fanboy googles off and stop talking out of there @$$

How ironic, who has said RE5 looks better, you and animal-mother? And talking out of my ***? Where did you pull that one from, the proof is in the videos.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Uptown
[QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"] yeah I like RE :|, hence why I have it in my avatar and sig

-Mad_Rhetoric-

you stating your opinion as fact....that people who say KZ2 looks better than RE5 need to take their "fanboy goggles off" and whatever else u said above about a$$es....

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Wow shocker the lead developer for GoW 1 and 2 says good things about GoW3. Who would have seen that one coming?
Thebettafish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Thebettafish
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

So, since we've not seen hardly anything of actual proof regarding GoW3's graphics, I'll take his word for it and accept that they're good.

What really gets me is the complete lack of professionalism in this statement. How can any true professional, responsible for directing two successful games, actually drop the f bomb so much and blatantly disrespect a certain group of people who he should be trying to appeal to? Seriously, this makes me less interested in the game just because of the lack of any kind of intelligence displayed by the game's former director. I hope God of War 3 doesn't flop.

-Betta

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Uptown

Its a beautiful game rhetoric. Sorry....and the animations blow RE5's out of the water.....

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rybe1025
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]KZ2 looks good but RE5 already looks better than it sorry, lets just hope GOW3 doesn't turn out to be a button masher like the first 2bleehum

So what makes their opinion so much more grand then his? Everyone is allowed to have one.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Uptown

[QUOTE="bleehum"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]KZ2 looks good but RE5 already looks better than it sorry, lets just hope GOW3 doesn't turn out to be a button masher like the first 2rybe1025

So what makes their opinion so much more grand then his? Everyone is allowed to have one.

because he attempted to state it as fact and everyone else is an idiot...not opinion.

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Mad_Rhetoric-

reguarding KZ2:

I just hope KZ2 doesn't end up like haze(also hyped as halo killer) or lair (which had its graphics hyped through the roof).

I really like the graphics, they are really good, I just think RE5 looks better

I certainly hope its gets good reviews like AA-AAA

----------------

reguarding GOW3

I own #1 and beat #2, I enjoyed them

I just think its kinda of a buttonmasher, no action game has outscored NG (xbox), but I have high hopes for this one

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rybe1025

[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="bleehum"] Many people disagree with you, so it'd be nice if you'd stop toting your opinion around as fact.Uptown

because he attempted to state it as fact and everyone else is an idiot...not opinion.

So in his opinion it is fact and in their opinion it is fact. I swear the fanboy express for kill zone need to get off their high horse. Many of the people lately have taken fanboyism to a new lvl. Stop acting like one opinion is so pure when it goes with what you belive and no one else is allowed to have one.
xion1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xion1234
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts

Uptown

you stating your opinion as fact....that people who say KZ2 looks better than RE5 need to take their "fanboy goggles off" and whatever else u said above about a$$es....

RE5 game to me looks dumb but its just me so dont thing i saying this as a faq
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bleehum
[QUOTE="Uptown"]

[QUOTE="rybe1025"] So what makes their opinion so much more grand then his? Everyone is allowed to have one.rybe1025

So in his opinion it is fact and in their opinion it is fact. I swear the fanboy express for kill zone need to get off their high horse. Many of the people lately have taken fanboyism to a new lvl. Stop acting like one opinion is so pure when it goes with what you belive and no one else is allowed to have one.

I never said my opinion was fact, I just pointed out how annoying it was for him to be toting his around as fact.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rybe1025
[QUOTE="rybe1025"][QUOTE="Uptown"]

bleehum

I never said my opinion was fact, I just pointed out how annoying it was him going around like his was.

So maybe he finds it annoying the PS3 fans acting like it is fact that KZ2 is already the graphics king. Opinions are great and everyone is allowed to have them not just PS3 fans. Many PS3 fans are running around acting like it is fact about KZ2 so have you said to any of them they should not say it is fact?
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#31 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

Its a beautiful game rhetoric. Sorry....and the animations blow RE5's out of the water.....

Uptown
That is a terrible screenshot
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Mad_Rhetoric-

Uptown
:lol: RE5's walking animation look better than anything in KZ2 http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41380.html
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Uptown
[QUOTE="Uptown"]

-Mad_Rhetoric-

:lol: RE5's walking animation look better than anything in KZ2 http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41380.html

RE5 has recycled animations from RE4. You CANNOT tell me it doesnt.

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bleehum
[QUOTE="bleehum"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]So in his opinion it is fact and in their opinion it is fact. I swear the fanboy express for kill zone need to get off their high horse. Many of the people lately have taken fanboyism to a new lvl. Stop acting like one opinion is so pure when it goes with what you belive and no one else is allowed to have one.rybe1025
I never said my opinion was fact, I just pointed out how annoying it was him going around like his was.

So maybe he finds it annoying the PS3 fans acting like it is fact that KZ2 is already the graphics king. Opinions are great and everyone is allowed to have them not just PS3 fans. Many PS3 fans are running around acting like it is fact about KZ2 so have you said to any of them they should not say it is fact?

What? I'll admit it, I think KZ2 is the best looking console game so far, i've seen nothing else to prove otherwise. Who's to say it isn't the best looking game? Obviously MANY more people agree it looks the best rather than RE5. But if you find RE5 to look better for whatever reason, hey that's fine.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
Can't wait to see the technical concoction that Santa Monica Studios can cook up. :) KZ2 look out! :P
Avatar image for muffintheduffin
muffintheduffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 muffintheduffin
Member since 2008 • 1004 Posts

Uptown

TRUE, everything down to the knife slashing has the same darn animations from RE4.

Avatar image for ExplosiveChorro
ExplosiveChorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ExplosiveChorro
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts
Santa Monica studio knows what their doing so i wouldnt doubt it.
Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ren_eko
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts
[QUOTE="bleehum"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]KZ2 looks good but RE5 already looks better than it sorry, lets just hope GOW3 doesn't turn out to be a button masher like the first 2rybe1025

QQ MOAR
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts

And many desagree with cows opinions? saying that KZ2 is the graphics king is a OPINION aswell,or what u think sony fanboys opinions are fact?
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts

Uptown

And KZ2 has textures from the ps2 era lol.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts
HHGamer said he heard the same thing from insiders about a week before this story, David Jaffe is credible when it comes to this, and an anonymous source told D+Pad the same thing Jaffe said in different words (couldn't tell if it was real-time or CG :o). We'll have to wait until Dec. 14th the really judge for ourselves and see if these claims (which I think are true) of the game looking amazing is true. Considering what Sony Santa Monica did with the PS2/PSP this shouldn't be a far stretch.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Episode_Eve

reguarding KZ2:

I just hope KZ2 doesn't end up like haze(also hyped as halo killer) or lair (which had its graphics hyped through the roof).

I really like the graphics, they are really good, I just think RE5 looks better

I certainly hope its gets good reviews like AA-AAA

----------------

reguarding GOW3

I own #1 and beat #2, I enjoyed them

I just think its kinda of a buttonmasher, no action game has outscored NG (xbox), but I have high hopes for this one

-Mad_Rhetoric-
KZ2 is a 1st party Sony game, meaning GG is staffed and funded by Sony and share resources with other in-house studios. Haze and Lair were not. As for GoW, they are awesome games :D. NG is a beast of its own, but every game can't have the complex battle system of it. I think Team Ninja dropped the ball with part 2 :( (Sigma is my favorite incarnation/installment). But when it comes to graphics GoW always delivered.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 Dr_DudeMan
Member since 2006 • 2794 Posts
He only directed god of war 1. For the record.
Watercube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Watercube
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts
GoW is probably one of my favorite series of all time, so I'm very, very excited for GoW 3. All the better if David Jaffe is stoked on it. Gives me more excitement.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
New footage of GOW 3 will also be shown on Spike's VGA on Dec. 14:D

http://www.yawnorama.com/?p=510

D_Mainge
**marks calender with a giant "X"**
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="Uptown"][QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"] :lol: RE5's walking animation look better than anything in KZ2 http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41380.htmlMcdonaIdsGuy

And KZ2 has textures from the ps2 era lol.

Alot of RE5 animations are recycled from RE4. And KZ2 does not have PS2 textures :?. GS, IGN, 1Up, GameSpy, Joystic, and Game Reactor all say the textures are high-res. The consistency of them aren't as frequent as RE5, but they're next-gen and impressive regardless.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
] Alot of RE5 animations are recycled from RE4. And KZ2 does not have PS2 textures :?. GS, IGN, 1Up, GameSpy, Joystic, and Game Reactor all say the textures are high-res. The consistency of them aren't as frequent as RE5, but they're next-gen and impressive regardless.Episode_Eve
Not all of the textures in KZ2 are that amazing, but they arn't in RE5 either. Look at the girls pants... Even Crysis has a low res texture here or there
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
he didn't direct God of War 2 Corey whats his face did He did the first one...and then corey did God of War 2 I heard God of War 3 had a new director...so im confused now..
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Episode_Eve
[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]] Alot of RE5 animations are recycled from RE4. And KZ2 does not have PS2 textures :?. GS, IGN, 1Up, GameSpy, Joystic, and Game Reactor all say the textures are high-res. The consistency of them aren't as frequent as RE5, but they're next-gen and impressive regardless.Couth_
Not all of the textures in KZ2 are that amazing, but they arn't in RE5 either. Look at the girls pants... Even Crysis has a low res texture here or there

Oh I know, that's why I said the "consistency" of their quality isn't level. KZ2 impresses on that front though and more than gets the job done. People seem to assume that they are the sole determining factor in a games visual fidelity though lol.
Avatar image for WatchmenWatchUs
WatchmenWatchUs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 WatchmenWatchUs
Member since 2008 • 445 Posts
Killzone 2, God of War 3, whatever Team ICO has, Gran Turismo 5, and Uncharted 2 All will have amazing graphics