Dark Souls 2 Hype Thread GS score 9.0 (56k warning)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

Man im hoping this game gets better once I get used to it, but so far the controls feel really sluggish compared to the first dark souls. Not sure if raising adaptability will remedy that or not... oh well back to leveling.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#302 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@BeardMaster said:

Man im hoping this game gets better once I get used to it, but so far the controls feel really sluggish compared to the first dark souls. Not sure if raising adaptability will remedy that or not... oh well back to leveling.

It controls the same, I've played Dark Souls with a 360 and a PS3 controller and it feels the same. If you're talking about character movement then DS2 actually feels more fluid than DS1.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@NoirLamia777:

Yup, it works with the Dualshock 4.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Ballroompirate

A helpful video for new mechanics you need to know in Dark Souls 2

(minor dialogue spoilers)

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#305 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

God I want to play this so fucking bad, why do I have to wait a month.

But I don't want to double dip again, Shiit.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#306 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

741,719 death toll.. woooot!! we can make it to 1 million before midnight!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By Ballroompirate

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Not worth waiting a month, actually it's like 7 weeks so more than a month.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Thanks for reminding me T.T

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 Ballroompirate

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Thanks for reminding me T.T

It's what I'm here for :P

Now time to play some Dark Souls 2.....and see how many times I can die from not falling off a cliff...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

What are the torches for?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Ballroompirate

@freedomfreak said:

What are the torches for?

To burn forum trolls

They are used to scare off some mobs, light up dark areas ect ect

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

For the benefit of all us European players that don't get this until Friday, please post your thoughts and opinions so far guys!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts
@Ballroompirate said:

To burn forum trolls

They are used to scare off some mobs, light up dark areas ect ect

Aaaahhh. Makes sense.

Thanks!

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 inggrish

@seanmcloughlin said:

@_Matt_ said:

Alright, well I've said it before and I'll say it again, any DS2 videos you do I know I'll be watching them :P .

Your Skate and Stick of Truth videos do get a disproportionate amount of views compared to most of your other videos from what I have seen so yeah.

Skate 3 more than anything else. Which is great, I mean I shouldn't complain. but it's when people constantly demand it and don't watch anything else then it gets a bit annoying.

Would be great to be able to play anything and get the views those things do but it's not that easy :P

Yeah Skate 3 gets many views. I can imagine it's difficult to keep the Skate 3 videos fresh and interesting from your perspective.

Are there any games that you wish you could play more of on your channel, but just don't get the views to support it?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#315 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

For the benefit of all us European players that don't get this until Friday, please post your thoughts and opinions so far guys!

I bought and just leaving it in the wrapper to spite the europeans #bwahahahah

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By inggrish

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@_Matt_ said:

I bought and just leaving it in the wrapper to spite the europeans #bwahahahah

Well that's just...

so...

mean.

Anyone every told you you're a meanie Hazy?

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Joedgabe

@_Matt_ said:

it's pretty great! the Dark Souls experience is back! where you go to an area uncertain and you was right to be worried. They did set up a lot of cheap tricks on this one. Such as some enemies are just pretending to be dead on the floor once you walk pass them they'll arise to attack you in the back. Also the character feels a lot slower and sluggish now so you can't get away with a lot of things you could have in DS1. For example the reaction time between attacking and dodging out it's slower ( meaning there's a noticeable delay now ). You start with 1 Estus flask yes, 1! and if you went depraved like me then you're gonna have fun times with the durability of the first 1 weapons. lulz. Just for extra at one point i had this enemy pinned against the wall and i hit a barrel i still don't know exactly what happened but a huge explosion happened that even destroyed a wall.. then i went into this dark place and all of the sudden there's 5 ballistas pointed at me and i gtfo. LOVING IT!

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#318 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

So tempting to buy this game now. I got to hold it off until the pc version comes out. I don't want to buy the game twice. Arghhh so difficult.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I hope the PC version has a serious graphic upgrade.

It's good that the gameplay transcends the visuals with this game, but damn...those textures and that lighting...ouch.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 BeardMaster
@Ballroompirate said:

@BeardMaster said:

It controls the same, I've played Dark Souls with a 360 and a PS3 controller and it feels the same. If you're talking about character movement then DS2 actually feels more fluid than DS1.

Everything just feels slower, dodging, raising your shield, strafing, chugging estus.... its not like dark souls 1 where I got the sense I could essentially beat the game without leveling... seems like this time around its alot more like a traditional stat based RPG, i find myself spamming attacks and trading blows alot more... as i no longer feel nimble enough to simply avoid damage. Kinda disappointing as that was my favorite part of DS1, but in the meantime ill just keep on trucking and see how things play out.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 Ballroompirate

@_Matt_ said:

So far I'm liking it a lot more than Dark Souls 1. I've put a good 6 hours into it since last night, I've toyed around with

Swordsman- It's alright and dual wield still feels like it needs to be fixed/useful, I felt like I needed to constantly not dual wield and pick up a shield. Also from what I hear SM pretty much sucks/lacks in playstyle tell you unlock powerstance

Knight- Knigh is Knight, same as it was in Dark Souls

Explorer- Kinda reminds me of a Thief class but with a crap load of starting items

Cleric- Currently what I'm playing atm, they're pretty op and I have to say Cleric is the best starting class (their starting mace is ridiculous)

If I'd give it a score from what I've played so far, a 10 would be it.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 Ballroompirate

@BeardMaster said:
@Ballroompirate said:

@BeardMaster said:

Everything just feels slower, dodging, raising your shield, strafing, chugging estus.... its not like dark souls 1 where I got the sense I could essentially beat the game without leveling... seems like this time around its alot more like a traditional stat based RPG, i find myself spamming attacks and trading blows alot more... as i no longer feel nimble enough to simply avoid damage. Kinda disappointing as that was my favorite part of DS1, but in the meantime ill just keep on trucking and see how things play out.

Attack/block animation speed is pretty much the same except using Lifegems which are ridiculous with their long cast animation. Also there's a stat (starts with an A I believe) that increases your cast,attack,block and over animation speed.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#323 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Heil68 said:

Good score. Not my cup of tea.

Did you play Demon's or Dark Souls 1 before? Just curious :) I know you don't like good games all that much

Fact

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 inggrish

@Ballroompirate said:

@_Matt_ said:

So far I'm liking it a lot more than Dark Souls 1. I've put a good 6 hours into it since last night, I've toyed around with

Swordsman- It's alright and dual wield still feels like it needs to be fixed/useful, I felt like I needed to constantly not dual wield and pick up a shield. Also from what I hear SM pretty much sucks/lacks in playstyle tell you unlock powerstance

Explorer- Kinda reminds me of a Thief class but with a crap load of starting items

Cleric- Currently what I'm playing atm, they're pretty op and I have to say Cleric is the best starting class (their starting mace is ridiculous)

Sounds sweet. Thank you for trying out the classes and telling me, they're what I am very interested in. Are there enough items near the beginning to make the deprived feasible? (Without giving too much away)

What's powerstance?

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@_Matt_ said:

Have you by chance seen a bit from the Sorcery class? Any Pyromancy?

Apparently, most Str based weapons were nerfed substantially and replaced with a cool boost from Dex

Such as the Zweil and Claymore :[

Its a bit disappointing From decided to change these, considering I've always gone with Int/Str builds.

And so far, Knight, Warrior and Cleric have been receiving the most positive rep so far which nice.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@BeardMaster said:

Read around in Gaf, that around 30-40 Adaptability brings it back to base Dark Souls 1 speed.

Which would make it all the more important to amp up points in there.

Its crazy.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 BeardMaster
@tonitorsi said:

@BeardMaster said:

Read around in Gaf, that around 30-40 Adaptability brings it back to base Dark Souls 1 speed.

Which would make it all the more important to amp up points in there.

Its crazy.

Ahh alright, thats what i was hoping.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Heil68 said:

Good score. Not my cup of tea.

Did you play Demon's or Dark Souls 1 before? Just curious :) I know you don't like good games all that much

Fact

heh heh heh

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Ballroompirate

@_Matt_: Mmmm to an extent yes as long as you look everywhere, you might lack a few items here and there

@tonitorsi: Haven't tried Sorc yet but Clerics are just Temple Knights basically

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 inggrish

@Ballroompirate said:

@_Matt_: Mmmm to an extent yes as long as you look everywhere, you might lack a few items here and there

Thanks, think I will risk deprived and hope I find something to defend myself with.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By Xaero_Gravity

Anyone else fearful of removing the disc from the Black Armor Edition case? It feels like it's got a death grip on my disc.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 Ballroompirate

Yup Dark Souls 2 is sooooo much "harder" (aka cheap) than Dark Souls 1. Still love this game so dont get me wrong but GD some deaths should not have happened....

So far the only things I dislike about Dark Souls 2 is the lack of a hit box/hit detection. The over all new death system is flawed, decreasing your health everytime you die when the games main focus is you dying is one of the worst if not the worst mechanic I've seen put int a game to date and add fuel to the fire of the new death system, everytime you die you're looking at a good 20 sec loading screen (PS3 version btw). Also the new parry system blows...

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 Xaero_Gravity

@Ballroompirate:

Sure sounds like a 10. :P

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

Yup Dark Souls 2 is sooooo much "harder" (aka cheap) than Dark Souls 1. Still love this game so dont get me wrong but GD some deaths should not have happened....

So far the only things I dislike about Dark Souls 2 is the lack of a hit box/hit detection. The over all new death system is flawed, decreasing your health everytime you die when the games main focus is you dying is one of the worst if not the worst mechanic I've seen put int a game to date and add fuel to the fire of the new death system, everytime you die you're looking at a good 20 sec loading screen (PS3 version btw). Also the new parry system blows...

It would be nice if they could improve the hit box/ hit detection in a patch, In Darks Souls it was nearly perfect.

Atleast the wait's a little less horrible now, hopefully the console plebs will continue to beta test the game and fromsoft will fix these abhorrent issues.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Ballroompirate

@ReadingRainbow4:

Chances of them patching it is highly unikely since it would require way to much work, so lets hope they make it better in the next Souls game

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@Ballroompirate:

Sure sounds like a 10. :P

I'd still give it a 10 since in a lot of ways it's better than Dark Souls 1. Also there's no such thing as a perfect game, so a game being a 10 is almost perfection.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#336 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Just so people know, the Graphics probably look the way they are just so the game could have better frames.

Remember Blighttown?

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 inggrish

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Just so people know, the Graphics probably look the way they are just so the game could have better frames.

Remember Blighttown?

Aye, well reviews suggest that that frame rate is pretty stable throughout DS2 on both platforms, so no complaints from me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Remember Blighttown?

I'm annoyed that the game is visually very scaled back compared to the showings months ago. All that lovely specular is gone and the dynamic light from the torches is severely toned down

yet the game is still said to have frame drops. PC save us

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#339  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@_Matt_: Yep. I'm liking it so far.

@seanmcloughlin: Yeah, but it is a lot smoother than Dark Souls 1.

Also It almost feels like there will most certainly be a X1 and PS4 version.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Ballroompirate

@seanmcloughlin said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Remember Blighttown?

I'm annoyed that the game is visually very scaled back compared to the showings months ago. All that lovely specular is gone and the dynamic light from the torches is severely toned down

yet the game is still said to have frame drops. PC save us

There needs to be a law or something for that cause it seems a lot of devs lately have got into the habit of showing us totally different concepts of what they are trying to sell to us. I know games go through a lot of dev time and tweaking here and there but it's getting ridiculous when they are down grading the final product in a lot of games recently.

Also I'm gonna have to say I'm gonna add another thing that's pissing me off about Dark Souls 2, the new stagger system completely blows...makes blocking almost pointless and blocking is freaking crucial in Dark Souls -.-

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

Oh snap! Nice. I want this.

Avatar image for insanewolfninja
insanewolfninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#342 insanewolfninja
Member since 2005 • 4919 Posts

Can someone please tell me where to find Faraam Armor set the Armor thats on the cover?

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Joedgabe

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Remember Blighttown?

game has been pretty stable for me, no frame rate problems. Would be nice if it was smoother but it's all good. Though the game looks a bit ugly it's an insignificant detail that could only get better.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#344 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Anyone get up to "The Pursuer"?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Screw all you Americans already playing :(

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By Animal-Mother

@seanmcloughlin said:

What you think it's fun? Let me tell you this....The game is HARDER than dark souls. FS didn't skimp out on shit i mean the first 4 hours of the game I played most of the enemies have halbreds and they know how to use em. And that streamlining stuff they talked about it turned out to be a damn joke to us fans.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 Xaero_Gravity

Front runner for GOTY? Front runner for GOTY.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

What you think it's fun? Let me tell you this....The game is HARDER than dark souls. FS didn't skimp out on shit i mean the first 4 hours of the game I played most of the enemies have halbreds and they know how to use em. And that streamlining stuff they talked about it turned out to be a damn joke to us fans.

From what I've heard it's not that it's flat out harder, it's just cheaper to make it seem harder.

I guess I should wait and see though, no idea when I'll find the time to bloody play it properly though

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Animal-Mother

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

From what I've heard it's not that it's flat out harder, it's just cheaper to make it seem harder.

I guess I should wait and see though, no idea when I'll find the time to bloody play it properly though

Yeah i'm being a bit dramatic. It's not cheaper per se. But they changed the combat flow up a lot so instead of being 2-3 steps ahead in a game like darks souls, you need to be 4-5 steps ahead. You really have to plan out your stuff. The boss combat arenas are smaller at the moment to make it seems harder as hell. But once you learn the patterns it begins to kick in like muscle memory. Plus learning those games and the areas are the toughest parts. It's the unexpected surprise or two that has a tendency to get you until you learn your areas.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Now this I would buy

Loading Video...