pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

@TheEroica: Same plan here. And in one year I hopefully also own a next-gen console to get a better experience. I ain't willing to pay more than 20 bucks for this. Ideally I'll play it on Gamepass.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

@kadin_kai: Same here. But better late than rushed.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@TheEroica said:

As soon as they released a broken product I got the same feeling in my gut I do on most games.... Wait until they finish it.

Hoping when I decide to finally play cyberpunk in a year or so for 20 bucks and all the dlc that it lives up to the hype....

There's no guarantee they will "finish" the game, and it certainly will never live up to the pre-launch hype. People talk as though fixing a game as complex and bug-ridden as CP2077 is some trivial task, and that CDPR will do it as a service to their fans, because they are a bunch of cool dudes. Truth is, it'll only happen if it makes sense financially, and if the post launch sales are as bad as they appear to be, where's the incentive?

Bioware gave up on Anthem, and that game worked reasonably well, it just needed a lot more quality content. It's been almost half a year and CDPR have only now just managed to get it running at the minimum acceptable standard on PS4 (though it allegedly still has performance issues).

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

@PernicioEnigma: it's too bad too, because who really wants this game on ps4 after seeing the quality issues?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:
@TheEroica said:

As soon as they released a broken product I got the same feeling in my gut I do on most games.... Wait until they finish it.

Hoping when I decide to finally play cyberpunk in a year or so for 20 bucks and all the dlc that it lives up to the hype....

There's no guarantee they will "finish" the game, and it certainly will never live up to the pre-launch hype. People talk as though fixing a game as complex and bug-ridden as CP2077 is some trivial task, and that CDPR will do it as a service to their fans, because they are a bunch of cool dudes. Truth is, it'll only happen if it makes sense financially, and if the post launch sales are as bad as they appear to be, where's the incentive?

Bioware gave up on Anthem, and that game worked reasonably well, it just needed a lot more quality content. It's been almost half a year and CDPR have only now just managed to get it running at the minimum acceptable standard on PS4 (though it allegedly still has performance issues).

However, CDPR is KNOWN to have great support for their games post launch, including all three Witcher titles, which were also very buggy with the second game rushed and incomplete story wise.

The post launch dip could also be happening because people are waiting on CDPR to fix the game. I hear from a lot of gamers that they are either waiting for CDPR to fix the game or waiting on the next gen version.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

@hardwenzen: The swimming animation doesn't matter because the game is not supposed to be played in third person.

You are not supposed to see your character outside of the inventory, driving, looking in mirrors, photo mode, or the ending.

Except you do see your shadow doing stupid shit. Also the water physics i was talking about. This game has enough problems to write a full encyclopedia just on its mess.

Loading Video...

Yet none of this has to do with the actual flow of the game, which is a narrative driven role playing game. Who cares?

You detractors nitpick non essential points of the game that has nothing to do with the story or its main gameplay cycle.

Simple question. When you're playing an open world game, do press the W key and rush through the story or do you explore, do the side content and consume everything created by the dev? If your anwer is A, then yea, you might be just rushing through everything and not notice most of the problems because the story/main questline is far from being the issue of this game. If you're like me, tho, someone who might spend so much time doing the side stuff that by the time you decide to do the main campaign, you already have over 200h in the game, and don't feel like playing it anymore, then you're f'cked, because no matter what, YOU WILL notice all the issues. Its not nitpicking, it will be straight in your face building one on top of the other.

There are tons of sidequests and gigs, many which interact with the main quest story wise, which mostly does not rely on open world gameplay systems, outside of the Deus Ex type design of the gigs.

CP2077 is like TW3 in which the open world is mostly there to travel from quest to quest.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@pmanden: I think the update isn’t that far off, they’re probably at the end of patching the last gen.

I should have bought it last week when it was on sale.