Crysis possible on consoles?

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

I dunno, I'm sure they could port it. Ofcourse, they'll have to snip the level size down, maybe cut them into sections and load them up as needed. Consolites wouldn't mind having a loading screen now and then. You could throw out any sort of AA, drop the settings to low/medium and then run it at 576p. With a bit of post processing giving anything in the distance a blurred effect it might just work.

There, you 'could' have crysis on consoles :lol:

DAZZER7

I think people missed the point.

If you did that it wouldn't be Crysis anymore; you would have essentially thrown out the game play elements that made the game what is is. You cannot replicate the open environment game play in Crysis using cell streaming; it severally cuts down the interactive view distance.

It would be like Far Cry Instincts; it has the Far Cry name but it is a very differen't experience to what people on PC have come to associate the game with.

I have no doubt in my mind a game can be made for console based on Crysis; but it wouldn't be the game people are talking about right now.

DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts
[QUOTE="DAZZER7"]

I dunno, I'm sure they could port it. Ofcourse, they'll have to snip the level size down, maybe cut them into sections and load them up as needed. Consolites wouldn't mind having a loading screen now and then. You could throw out any sort of AA, drop the settings to low/medium and then run it at 576p. With a bit of post processing giving anything in the distance a blurred effect it might just work.

There, you 'could' have crysis on consoles :lol:

AnnoyedDragon

I think people missed the point.

If you did that it wouldn't be Crysis anymore; you would have essentially thrown out the game play elements that made the game what is is. You cannot replicate the open environment game play in Crysis using cell streaming; it severally cuts down the interactive view distance.

It would be like Far Cry Instincts; it has the Far Cry name but it is a very differen't experience to what people on PC have come to associate the game with.

I have no doubt in my mind a game can be made for console based on Crysis; but it wouldn't be the game people are talking about right now.

That was kinda my point. I was just being sarcastic. I think fanboys really believe that the lovely vids they see on you-tube will come to the consoles, but they fail to realise, that their lovely consoles cannot even run call of duty above 600p and that's a very linear shooter, with crysis they have no hope.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

That was kinda my point. I was just being sarcastic. I think fanboys really believe that the lovely vids they see on you-tube will come to the consoles, but they fail to realise, that their lovely consoles cannot even run call of duty above 600p and that's a very linear shooter, with crysis they have no hope.

DAZZER7

Visual quality can always be scaled in a game like Crysis, you see allot of console users who think it cannot be ported because of the graphics or DX10; which really isn't the case. But because of that belief they think Crysis is a graphical downgrade away from a port.

It is mostly a platform advantage for PC due to its abundance of memory, when you have that much memory you can store information from the other side of the level; which means you can blow stuff up on the other side of the level with enough lod. With consoles they are mostly focused on memory speed than memory capacity; which makes them good are streaming small amounts of information, which is good for cell based game levels, but that isn't really helpful for a game like Crysis.

I'm just talking generally for everyone else by the way; I'm sure you know all this.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts
The GeForce GTX 280, and the HD 4870x2 have more memory bandwidth then every consoles in existence combined:o And still have atleast some trouble running crysis, so how could any of the consoles run it?
DAZZER7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 DAZZER7
Member since 2004 • 2422 Posts
Where have all the cows and lemmings gone?
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
Probably daunted by all the hardware discussion. Just like me O.o