Crysis is gonna own so hard

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phanrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Phanrang
Member since 2005 • 1496 Posts

Just look at this video, I know that the quality isn't the best but the game is great. Funny that the Cows and Lemmings said that their consoles could provide better graphics than PC rofl.

Ops forgot the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA-jxMeCIfo

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Indeed,

PC > Consoles!

Holden1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Holden1985
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
lmao that picture is awesome:P
martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
I know it will (Im a 'Lemming')
But I would have to spend 2 grand to play this game so whts the point?
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

But I would have to spend 2 grand to play this game so whts the point?martin_f

:roll: whast the point in saying crap.

xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 xjet039
Member since 2004 • 3007 Posts
Crysis is going to own what so hard , because i can guarantee you it wont score better than gears of war or halo 3 or mass effect.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Crysis is going to own what so hard , because i can guarantee you it wont score better than gears of war or halo 3 or mass effect.xjet039

Ofcourse it wont, the only game that got 9.6 on the PC was Diablo 1, that doesnt mean it cannot own gears, it clearly already has all-round.

Mass Effect isnt even the same genre. Its easy to make an RPG look good, funny thing is it doesnt even look as good, and well you cant compare the gameplay really.

Phanrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phanrang
Member since 2005 • 1496 Posts

Crysis is going to own what so hard , because i can guarantee you it wont score better than gears of war or halo 3 or mass effect.xjet039

Console games are usually nothing special compared to PC ones, but they still score higher because they don't have high standards. Just look how Halo 2 scored on the PC and on the Xbox. 

thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

But I would have to spend 2 grand to play this game so whts the point?martin_f

2 GRAND??!!! what kinda computer are you building?? you can play crysis maxed out (except for the resolution i think) on a 1 grand PC. 

chrisdojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chrisdojo
Member since 2005 • 5065 Posts
crysis >>> all
oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how a single shot with a pistol can slice trees in half. :?
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts

To be totally honest,

Hermits should stick to screenshots,

Crysis looks like a POS in motion.

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

Just look at this video, I know that the quality isn't the best but the game is great. Funny that the Cows and Lemmings said that their consoles could provide better graphics than PC rofl.

Phanrang

Personally I think its stupid for whole trees to be cut down with a few bullets of a pistol, so much for being realistic.  Other than that the graphics are good, though from what Ive seen the AI is kinda stupid.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Thats simply because of standards. Halo couldn't live up to the cake on PC and scored 7.0. Thats how much worlds apart we are. Had Halo came out in 2004 on the PC, it would have probably scored 8.2-8.6.
Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts
The only thing that Crysis will do is prove that the computer has better graphics over other system.  The whole "Stop alien invasion" stroyline is getting really old really fast.  Crysis will do nothing to set itself above Halo 3.  I say this and I am part hermit, so this is not a baised opinion.
dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

crysis is going to own so hard....just like far cry did.

this expert conclusion brought to you buy, a bunch of videos and screenshots. 

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
in term of graphics, crysis is the best looking game at the moment, next will be UT3.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
To be totally honest,

Hermits should stick to screenshots,

Crysis looks like a POS in motion.TheOwnerOner

you missed out "/sarcasm"

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

thats just graphics.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

thats just graphics.

tree-branch

Of course... its a video... now read...

http://au.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25134639
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25608672

Now is it just graphics?
omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts
correction, The graphics are truly going to own..
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
Yes it will but youtube doesn't do it justice.
Amigwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Amigwo
Member since 2005 • 201 Posts

i guarantee you it will ROFL, if you only knew what crysis brings to the table.

edit: just woke up typos lalala

Wahoo2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wahoo2k
Member since 2003 • 574 Posts

The only thing that Crysis will do is prove that the computer has better graphics over other system.  The whole "Stop alien invasion" stroyline is getting really old really fast.  Crysis will do nothing to set itself above Halo 3.  I say this and I am part hermit, so this is not a baised opinion.Grodus5

so halo's "alien invasion" is going to score above crysis's "alien invasion"

I'll believe that when I see it.

Amigwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Amigwo

I'm still trying to figure out how a single shot with a pistol can slice trees in half. :?oldskooler79

high explosive shells?

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

Yeah it might not score higher that halo3 but PC have way higher standards for the FPS genre. For example halo2 for PC. Its the same game yet it scored bad. Thats because it doesnt stack up against PC FPS. For people who say its all graphics. Do some research on the game before just spewing BS all over this thread.

Amigwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Amigwo

oh new video

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=20027&type=wmv

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

PC games have higher standards bud (read the "How GS Review's Games" section if you don't believe me, or look at the Halo2 Vista review). Half Life 2 only got a 9.2, and Halo2 got a 9.4, but guess who won the shooter GOTY? Yep, Half Life 2. Do you really think GeoW is better than HL2 because it got a 9.6?:lol: 

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 trix5817

I'm still trying to figure out how a single shot with a pistol can slice trees in half. :?oldskooler79

The game is still in pre-alpha (lemmings should know about this....). 

e20Dylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 e20Dylan
Member since 2007 • 1055 Posts

i think the ultimate combo is the PC/PS3 for games like crysis bioshock etc.. dont have to worry about 3 red lights with the PC

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trix5817
[QUOTE="Phanrang"]

justforlotr2004

Personally I think its stupid for whole trees to be cut down with a few bullets of a pistol, so much for being realistic. Other than that the graphics are good, though from what Ive seen the AI is kinda stupid.

They are still in pre-alpha. AI is one of the last things that they touch up on and improve in a dynamic game like this. They would constantly have to change the code. Even a Crytek employee admitted that hte AI isn't great right now and isn't even close to being done yet.... 

justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 justforlotr2004

[QUOTE="oldskooler79"]I'm still trying to figure out how a single shot with a pistol can slice trees in half. :?trix5817

I doubt the game is going through the same proccess as most developers go through if its still in pre-alpha and supose to come out in Q3 of this year.

Anyway I believe the tree thing is cool in a way since it will be fun to cut down trees but its definatly far from realistic.  I do think there is a chance for them changing it but they have been showing it off a lot so I doubt they will. 

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 trix5817

The only thing that Crysis will do is prove that the computer has better graphics over other system. The whole "Stop alien invasion" stroyline is getting really old really fast. Crysis will do nothing to set itself above Halo 3. I say this and I am part hermit, so this is not a baised opinion.Grodus5

What is Halo3 doing new for the genre? Just about nothing.....it's the same ol' same ol' Halo..... 

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
Crysis is the Half-Life 2 of this generation, it will own very very hard, nobody can deny it.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 trix5817
[QUOTE="trix5817"]

[QUOTE="oldskooler79"]I'm still trying to figure out how a single shot with a pistol can slice trees in half. :?justforlotr2004

I doubt the game is going through the same proccess as most developers go through if its still in pre-alpha and supose to come out in Q3 of this year.

Anyway I believe the tree thing is cool in a way since it will be fun to cut down trees but its definatly far from realistic. I do think there is a chance for them changing it but they have been showing it off a lot so I doubt they will.

Ummmm....it's still in pre-alpha, read the latest news.....

pre-alpha is the longest of the stages because it's when the game is actually being made and developed. Alpha and Beta don't take nearly as long. 

ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ssbfalco
Member since 2005 • 1970 Posts
[QUOTE="trix5817"]

[QUOTE="oldskooler79"]I'm still trying to figure out how a single shot with a pistol can slice trees in half. :?justforlotr2004

Anyway I believe the tree thing is cool in a way since it will be fun to cut down trees but its definatly far from realistic. I do think there is a chance for them changing it but they have been showing it off a lot so I doubt they will.

Sometimes unrealistic is more fun than realism... 

justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 justforlotr2004

[QUOTE="Grodus5"]The only thing that Crysis will do is prove that the computer has better graphics over other system. The whole "Stop alien invasion" stroyline is getting really old really fast. Crysis will do nothing to set itself above Halo 3. I say this and I am part hermit, so this is not a baised opinion.trix5817

What is Halo3 doing new for the genre? Just about nothing.....it's the same ol' same ol' Halo.....

How would you know, we havnt even seen half of what halo 3 is about.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
[QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

[QUOTE="oldskooler79"]I'm still trying to figure out how a single shot with a pistol can slice trees in half. :?trix5817

pre-alpha is the longest of the stages because it's when the game is actually being made and developed. Alpha and Beta don't take nearly as long.

For all we know Crytek might even skip ALPHA, and go right to beta, I remember reading that Crysis could have been released in 06, but crytek delayed it to deliver quality.
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 justforlotr2004

[QUOTE="oldskooler79"]I'm still trying to figure out how a single shot with a pistol can slice trees in half. :?ssbfalco

Thats exactly why I said it will be fun to cut down trees, I was just expressing that crysis is always touted as being the most realistic game graphicly along with physics and stuff but realisticly tree's dont do that.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 trix5817
[QUOTE="trix5817"]

[QUOTE="Grodus5"]The only thing that Crysis will do is prove that the computer has better graphics over other system. The whole "Stop alien invasion" stroyline is getting really old really fast. Crysis will do nothing to set itself above Halo 3. I say this and I am part hermit, so this is not a baised opinion.justforlotr2004

Oh, ok. We've heard a lot about Halo3. All it seems to be doing is adding new vehicles, weapons, and stuff like that. Not that Halo3 will be a bad game, but it's not a "genre-redefining" type of game(Halo never was). It isn't really doing anything new or spectacular. But yeah, I guess it's not ok for ME to judge Halo3, but it's ok for YOU to judge Crysis, even though it's still in pre-alpha......

justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 justforlotr2004

You dont understand what Im saying, not every developer follows the same system, infact barely any do.  For example Lair was stated to be in Alpha not to long ago, and the game is supose to ship soon.  The developers wont even have a transition from alpha to beta, they are going straight from Alpha to Gold.  So overall you can say the game is in pre-alpha and it may be finished, or you can say the game is in beta and not quiet be finished.  Its all up to what the developers process is, so overall saying its just Pre-alpha Crysis, or alpha/beta Halo 3 doesnt mean crap in reality other than the fact that we know they are both not finished. 

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 trix5817
[QUOTE="ssbfalco"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

Thats exactly why I said it will be fun to cut down trees, I was just expressing that crysis is always touted as being the most realistic game graphicly along with physics and stuff but realisticly tree's dont do that.

It is the most realistic represnetation of physics seen to date, as well as graphics. They probably will get that fixed, even though their could be a reasonable explanation for trees being cut down with a pistol (those trees weren't to thick, and the bullet might be high powered like a magnum or something, but who knows).

justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 justforlotr2004

[QUOTE="Grodus5"]The only thing that Crysis will do is prove that the computer has better graphics over other system. The whole "Stop alien invasion" stroyline is getting really old really fast. Crysis will do nothing to set itself above Halo 3. I say this and I am part hermit, so this is not a baised opinion.trix5817

Oh, ok. We've heard a lot about Halo3. All it seems to be doing is adding new vehicles, weapons, and stuff like that. Not that Halo3 will be a bad game, but it's not a "genre-redefining" type of game(Halo never was). It isn't really doing anything new or spectacular. But yeah, I guess it's not ok for ME to judge Halo3, but it's ok for YOU to judge Crysis, even though it's still in pre-alpha......

How am I judging Crysis, all I said is that its weird tree's get cut down by pistol fire, I didnt say it was bad I infact said it seemed fun.  Also as I said stages in development are subjective to the developer and mean nothing to me.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

[QUOTE="martin_f"]I know it will (Im a 'Lemming')
But I would have to spend 2 grand to play this game so whts the point?thejakel11225

2 GRAND??!!! what kinda computer are you building?? you can play crysis maxed out (except for the resolution i think) on a 1 grand PC. 

Hey look I know that you can build your pc's cheaper than you can buy them retail but honestly you are spending well over $1000 for a good gaming pc even if you build it yourself.  The only way you are getting for lower then that is unless you are getting from off the back of a truck.  I built my pc last got most of the parts from new egg and spent over a grand.

justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 justforlotr2004
[QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="ssbfalco"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

It is the most realistic represnetation of physics seen to date, as well as graphics. They probably will get that fixed, even though their could be a reasonable explanation for trees being cut down with a pistol (those trees weren't to thick, and the bullet might be high powered like a magnum or something, but who knows).

Yeah I mean Im not saying its not possible since it is a video game and they can add in stuff that can cut down the trees if they want.   Im just saying if they are regular guns and regular trees then its weird but overall it doesnt matter since its the fun factor that counts and cutting down a forest with gun fire and grenades will be fun.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 trix5817
[QUOTE="trix5817"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

You dont understand what Im saying, not every developer follows the same system, infact barely any do. For example Lair was stated to be in Alpha not to long ago, and the game is supose to ship soon. The developers wont even have a transition from alpha to beta, they are going straight from Alpha to Gold. So overall you can say the game is in pre-alpha and it may be finished, or you can say the game is in beta and not quiet be finished. Its all up to what the developers process is, so overall saying its just Pre-alpha Crysis, or alpha/beta Halo 3 doesnt mean crap in reality other than the fact that we know they are both not finished.

Do you even know what pre-alpha is? It's when the game is still being made and developed. If you look closely at the demonstrations done, you can see parts of the maps that aren't well done or not finished. Alpha and Beta are usually just used to iron out the bugs/glitches and get problems fixed. They make take a long time in these stages, skip one of them, or take a very short time in these stages. It all depends. But pre-alpha is pre-alpha, the actual game isn't finished yet..... 

Avatar image for Shadow_Elite192
Shadow_Elite192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shadow_Elite192
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts
No $1500 on an upgrade. Then a new card will come out straight away
RickGotti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RickGotti
Member since 2006 • 609 Posts

Phanrang

Yeah, you know what though? Far Cry looked pretty good too, but unfortunately, they concentrated on graphics but left the hit detection so shoddy, that I couldn't even bring myself to finish the game. Maybe they should get down the GAMEPLAY & then worry about the graphics

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 trix5817
[QUOTE="thejakel11225"]

[QUOTE="martin_f"]I know it will (Im a 'Lemming')
But I would have to spend 2 grand to play this game so whts the point?xscrapzx

Hey look I know that you can build your pc's cheaper than you can buy them retail but honestly you are spending well over $1000 for a good gaming pc even if you build it yourself. The only way you are getting for lower then that is unless you are getting from off the back of a truck. I built my pc last got most of the parts from new egg and spent over a grand.

I can build a PC RIGHT NOW for $900 that will run Crysis maxxed at a decent resolution. If you wait until Crysis comes out, it will be much less, if you already have things like an HDD, PSU, CD/DVD drives, OS, etc etc, from previous builds, it will be even less. In no way whatsoever do you need a $2000 PC to run Crysis. I'm sick of ignorant console fanboys that think they know everything about PC hardware.

prostar343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 prostar343
Member since 2004 • 5258 Posts
[QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="ssbfalco"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"][QUOTE="trix5817"]

I would actually prefer some unrealistic aspects to the physics because it just looks cooler.  After all, entertainment value is all that really maters in the end.Â