Crackdown fans are fake

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheCSPeaceMaker
TheCSPeaceMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheCSPeaceMaker
Member since 2005 • 594 Posts

Im sorry, but this is complete BS. Everyone should know that the only reason a strong majority of the people are buying this game is for the " Halo 3 Beta "(yes common sense). But why do so many people seem to be in denial about--you guys keep trying to justify your idiotic purchase of a game just to enjoy a Beta that lacks a real release date set in stone. Seriously, if that Beta wasn't being included--there would easily be countless threads of " GTA/Saint Row Rip-off " garbage--but now, people are actually trying to justify their purchase of a crappy game as not only being highly enjoyable--but worth buying on it own without a care for the Halo 3 Beta?!?

I havent seen this much denial since Jared from subway continues to put heavy focus on the low fat area of subway sandwiches knowing darn well that more meat is what really matters. :lol:

whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
well you're wrong.
vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
I'm buying it cause I like Crackdown... /thread
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
I have it and I really enjoy it. What do you say to that?
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

I don't think its aa rip off. It has more to live up to in order to rip GTA off.

Anyway. Yes the Halo 3 beta is what got me to buy the game with tis $60 price tag. But I didn't buy the game for the beta.

Anyway. When is the beta goign to be up for download? does any one know?

H3llstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 H3llstrike
Member since 2006 • 1877 Posts
Why do you care if people like this game get over it it's addicting, not the best game eva but it's fun isn't that what games are supposed to be about fun you remember that right?
JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts
I bought Crackdown for well.. Crackdown. Halo 3 Beta... could care less about. Please do us a favor and never post here again.
kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kankthetank
Member since 2003 • 4212 Posts
If anything, you sound like the one in denial. Is it really so hard for you to fathom the idea that people actually enjoy playing this game? Do critics scores effect the way all gamers should perceive a game? Do yourself a favor and play this game; you would probably understand why people are having fun with it? If you did and you still think the game sucks, then that's YOUR opinion; so really....piss off....coz no one gives a crap about your thoughts.
Avatar image for jigglebilly1983
jigglebilly1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jigglebilly1983
Member since 2006 • 2696 Posts
Seriously, its loads of fun. the only 360 game that ive made a concious effort to try and get all the achievements in (only 9 left!) but, seriously, dont buy a copy. ever. It's too much game for you.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
Yeah, have you played Crackdown? I've never played the GTA games, and I wasn't the biggest fan of Saints Row, but Crackdown is fun as hell. The game isn't complex at ALL, sure, but the basic idea behind it (vertical exploration and RPG-like skill building) is a solid one. I'm not saying it's the best game ever, but you can't beat it for fun. And they even threw in co-op! To be honest, I couldn't care less about the Halo 3 beta right now...
Avatar image for jigglebilly1983
jigglebilly1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jigglebilly1983
Member since 2006 • 2696 Posts
I forgot to mention that if GTA IV doesnt include the crackdown style of Co-Op, Crackdown will automatically be better. Seriously, Crckdowns Co-Op with a friend is the best way to experience the game.
Newsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Newsboy
Member since 2004 • 6534 Posts
I'll be honest, I was tempted to buy Crackdown just for the Halo 3 beta (at the end of the day got R6V). Only reason I didn't is cuz you can't play the beta right away, you gotta wait a while.
SkyRaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 SkyRaid
Member since 2004 • 2001 Posts
I bought it, still playing it. Do you even have a 360?
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
[QUOTE="vistamanV5"]I'm buying it cause I like Crackdown... /thread

Same here
16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts
I wish people were like this with ZOE. Everyone knows that people just bought ZOE for the MGS2 demo.

...cept me...
BLAUcopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BLAUcopter
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts

Im sorry, but this is complete BS. Everyone should know that the only reason a strong majority of the people are buying this game is for the " Halo 3 Beta "(yes common sense). But why do so many people seem to be in denial about--you guys keep trying to justify your idiotic purchase of a game just to enjoy a Beta that lacks a real release date set in stone. Seriously, if that Beta wasn't being included--there would easily be countless threads of " GTA/Saint Row Rip-off " garbage--but now, people are actually trying to justify their purchase of a crappy game as not only being highly enjoyable--but worth buying on it own without a care for the Halo 3 Beta?!?

I havent seen this much denial since Jared from subway continues to put heavy focus on the low fat area of subway sandwiches knowing darn well that more meat is what really matters. :lol:

TheCSPeaceMaker
You are a sad human being if this is what keeps you awake at night lol!
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
actually this game does have an upside. crackdown online with a friend is fun. when ur all suped up and stuff. so i enjoyed it. i mean yeah the beta was the original reason for really getting this game. but crackdown turned out pretty good. not great but good.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
7.8/10 isn't a bad score so I don't think you can claim all Crackdown consumers are buying it for the Halo 3 Beta.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
My R.A always says he needs his "Crack" Down. "Crack" Down. Man he loves that game.
edeasknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 edeasknight
Member since 2004 • 1222 Posts
Why do you care if people like this game get over it it's addicting, not the best game eva but it's fun isn't that what games are supposed to be about fun you remember that right?H3llstrike

no wai mn gams r aboot teh polys n teh shaderz n teh gs score, fun dun matta!
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

Another person who's never played the demo obviously! Joy all around!

Let me just say this- it's a great and fun game which is original in it's own right. Also it focusses more on gameplay than graphics which is always a good thing.

godhandiscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 godhandiscen
Member since 2003 • 3454 Posts
Is the game I am playing the most. What about it?
Avatar image for A_LinkToThePast
A_LinkToThePast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 A_LinkToThePast
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
I'm getting it for the Beta and for the actual game :).
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cedmln

Well. I have to update you guys.

Guess what?

About 30 minutes ago I had just beat (from start to finish) the game in less than 45 minutes. I'm not kidding.

No cheats or glitches. I'll have my review done today.

When are they putting the beta up for download?

mirlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mirlegend
Member since 2002 • 6737 Posts
i had my eye on crackdown long before the halo 3 beta was announced. also you cant deny how successful the demo was. for days after it release you could go on most xbox forums and see atleast 1 thread praising it.
nonsoville2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 nonsoville2
Member since 2006 • 4124 Posts
IMO, Halo sucks. I might not even download the beta. After playing the crackdown demo, i really liked it.playing co-op is fun too.
soul_04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 soul_04
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts
You should really play it before you start accusing others of not liking it. Personally i've found it quite enjoyable so far, its a great game and to deem it not fun simply because its got a halo beta attached to it seems not only immature but naive as well.
creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts

TheCSPeaceMaker

wow, get up on the wrong side of the bed today? Get over it, Crackdown is a good game...I could care less about the beta......

Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts
The funny thing is they say they enjoy the game and in 2 days theyved maxed out the abilities of their caharacter, which means they almost finished with game. So it basically means in 2 to 3 days theyve finished the game and gonna shelve it and wait late spring for the Halo Beta. If im dona with a game in 2 to 3 days, and I payed like $60. Well im gonna be so pissed.

And yap they are fakes.
lfc_legend2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lfc_legend2006
Member since 2006 • 955 Posts
To say that some people bought the game for the Halo 3 Beta is reasonable. But to say that the game itself is crap and is selling just because of the Halo 3 beta is ridiculous.

I have never liked Halo, and I'm not going to rush to download the Beta when it is released. I bought Crackdown yesterday as it was released yesterday in the UK. Having played several hours of it with my friend , it was exactly what gaming on the 360 was all about, fun. Well worth the money I paid for it.

If you want proof that people do find Crackdown fun. Just go to Youtube and view the endless amount of user submitted videos of incredibly satisfying stuff they did on Crackdown. Most of which is just from the demo.

The simple truth from my perspective is, I played the demo of Crackdown, I liked it and bought the game so that I can have more than 30 minutes of fun with it at a time.
Frizby3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Frizby3
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts

I had my doubts. Never enjoyed open ended games. So I rented Crackdown and was pleasantly suprised. GTA was not for me - this is !

I was swayed by the overwhelming positive reviews...paying attention to one site for your gaming info is like voting in the presisdent with a single vote.  To get a decent outcome - you need concensus...

From : http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/crackdown

G4 TV

This is the kind of game that takes over your brain after long play sessions, leading you to scrutinize real-life buildings for handholds and leaping potential. It’s an absolute blast to play, and arguably one of the finest superhero games made thus far.

GameShark

Crackdown does everything right and doesn't let the narrative (which assails you at every turn) get in the way of the fun - and there's plenty of fun to be had.

ZTGameDomain

While the game is just a giant mesh of tons of genres it manages to do them all to near perfection. When a game has you thinking about it constantly and talking about it only makes you want to play it more you know you have something special on your hands.

Games Master UK

The most explosive action game on Xbox 360 yet. "GTA"s suddenly got a lot to live up to. [Mar 2007, p.64]

Gaming Age

It combines the vast environments of GTA, the quick, the satisfying combat of great action games, a vertical dimension of game play and the character progression of RPGs in a very entertaining and unique package. The content is strictly for adults, but otherwise, it's a slam dunk.

Team Xbox

But for every slight slip-up or apparent wrong in Crackdown, there’s a laundry list of perfection and general right that makes this title nearly impossible to put down - like some sort of digital crack.

Worth Playing

Games like Crackdown are the cornerstone the 360's passionate user community is built upon, and why the 360 is developing an increasingly deserved reputation for being the next-gen console of choice.

GamingExcellence

The variety of achievements will also keep you entertained for a long while. A solid, fun and wholly addictive game that should be purchased on its merits alone.

Official Xbox Magazine UK

It plays brilliantly and is astonishingly easy to get into...For outrageousness and pure entertainment value, Crackdown is the most fun sandbox game to date...It's all-out action. Crackdown is an absolute riot. [Feb 2007, p.8]

GamePro

Crackdown is ridiculously fun, and that "Halo 3" beta code may go unused for longer than you think. [Mar 2007, p.88]

EuroGamer

Being so excellent that you obliterate the single-player in a weekend is not enough to stop it being my favourite Xbox 360 game of recent times.

1UP

If Crackdown were nothing more than a GTA-ish game with the fat trimmed away and some insane physical abilities, hell, that'd be something to be thrilled about. That it represents the best, if not the first, online multiplayer sandbox game on a console is just gravy.

Friz

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cedmln

The funny thing is they say they enjoy the game and in 2 days theyved maxed out the abilities of their caharacter, which means they almost finished with game. So it basically means in 2 to 3 days theyve finished the game and gonna shelve it and wait late spring for the Halo Beta. If im dona with a game in 2 to 3 days, and I payed like $60. Well im gonna be so pissed.

And yap they are fakes.
Tamarind_Face

Try beating it in one day on the first day and then beating it in less than 45 minutes the second time on the third day. All in 3 days.

I wouldn't have this game if it wasn't for the Halo 3 beta.

And can someone please tell when the beta is up for download!!!!

Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tamarind_Face

[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]The funny thing is they say they enjoy the game and in 2 days theyved maxed out the abilities of their caharacter, which means they almost finished with game. So it basically means in 2 to 3 days theyve finished the game and gonna shelve it and wait late spring for the Halo Beta. If im dona with a game in 2 to 3 days, and I payed like $60. Well im gonna be so pissed.

And yap they are fakes.
Cedmln

Try beating it in one day on the first day and then beating it in less than 45 minutes the second time on the third day. All in 3 days.

I wouldn't have this game if it wasn't for the Halo 3 beta.

And can someone please tell when the beta is up for download!!!!

You cant beat the game in 45 mins? what the hell are you talking about. Ok heres a better question, this game is a sanbox game right? so is GTA san andreas. So you can beat crackdown in 6 to 9 hrs, Can you beat GTA san andreas in 9 hrs, or how about 15 hrs? 20 hrs?
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cedmln
[QUOTE="Cedmln"]

[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]
Tamarind_Face

You cant beat the game in 45 mins? what the hell are you talking about. Ok heres a better question, this game is a sanbox game right? so is GTA san andreas. So you can beat crackdown in 6 to 9 hrs, Can you beat GTA san andreas in 9 hrs, or how about 15 hrs? 20 hrs?

What are you trying to get at? Crackdown is far away from the greatness of GTA San Andreas.

Anyway. Yes it is possible. I did it this morning. BUT! I maxed out my agility, explosion, and strength before I touched any of the bosses. Try it and you will believe me. Remmeber. I didn't cheap or use any glitch and I did it by myself.

I win.

PS: I am sure you can beat in even less time than that in co-op.

Yuri_Volte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Yuri_Volte
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts
no not true my cousin is playing like a madman crackdown getting all the achievements and is really amazed by it , me ... i am playing lost planet xD, but really seems like a great game >=0
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tamarind_Face
[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"][QUOTE="Cedmln"]

[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]
Cedmln

What are you trying to get at? Crackdown is far away from the greatness of GTA San Andreas.

Anyway. Yes it is possible. I did it this morning. BUT! I maxed out my agility, explosion, and strength before I touched any of the bosses. Try it and you will believe me. Remmeber. I didn't cheap or use any glitch and I did it by myself.

I win.

PS: I am sure you can beat in even less time than that in co-op.

Yes you need the maxed out everything, and you can skip all of the minions... basically this game is 90 percent making yourself stronger while 10 percent defeating the game.
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
see im not going to be fake with you crackdown is a average game to me and usually i only buy good games but with halo 3 beta and some good ratings im in
creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts

And yap they are fakes.
Tamarind_Face

maybe that is true for people that can sit around and play a game all day for 2 days straight...but for us normal people with jobs, familes etc, this game will last weeks...maxing out our abilities has nothing to do with finishing the game...why don't you play it, then comment, because your post shows you have never even touched it.

bobby_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bobby_king
Member since 2003 • 2122 Posts
Won my Beta Invite at the end of 2006, still bought Crackdown /thread
Voryn_Dagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Voryn_Dagoth
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts

Im sorry, but this is complete BS. Everyone should know that the only reason a strong majority of the people are buying this game is for the " Halo 3 Beta "(yes common sense). But why do so many people seem to be in denial about--you guys keep trying to justify your idiotic purchase of a game just to enjoy a Beta that lacks a real release date set in stone. Seriously, if that Beta wasn't being included--there would easily be countless threads of " GTA/Saint Row Rip-off " garbage--but now, people are actually trying to justify their purchase of a crappy game as not only being highly enjoyable--but worth buying on it own without a care for the Halo 3 Beta?!?

I havent seen this much denial since Jared from subway continues to put heavy focus on the low fat area of subway sandwiches knowing darn well that more meat is what really matters. :lol:

TheCSPeaceMaker

Then Resistance is a rip off of Halo and CoD, because you shoot aliens in a WW2-esque environment :roll:

Anyway, I am buying Crackdown for Crackdown. It looks like a very nice game. Jeff gave it that rating because he said his co-op was buggy. But other reviewers never mentioned that. Besides, I don't really want to play it on co-op. The single player looks fun enough. Besides, have you actually played the game?
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
Show me the worst game ever made and I can show you some people that like it.
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Tamarind_Face
[QUOTE="TheCSPeaceMaker"]

Im sorry, but this is complete BS. Everyone should know that the only reason a strong majority of the people are buying this game is for the " Halo 3 Beta "(yes common sense). But why do so many people seem to be in denial about--you guys keep trying to justify your idiotic purchase of a game just to enjoy a Beta that lacks a real release date set in stone. Seriously, if that Beta wasn't being included--there would easily be countless threads of " GTA/Saint Row Rip-off " garbage--but now, people are actually trying to justify their purchase of a crappy game as not only being highly enjoyable--but worth buying on it own without a care for the Halo 3 Beta?!?

I havent seen this much denial since Jared from subway continues to put heavy focus on the low fat area of subway sandwiches knowing darn well that more meat is what really matters. :lol:

Voryn_Dagoth

Then Resistance is a rip off of Halo and CoD, because you shoot aliens in a WW2-esque environment :roll:

Anyway, I am buying Crackdown for Crackdown. It looks like a very nice game. Jeff gave it that rating because he said his co-op was buggy. But other reviewers never mentioned that. Besides, I don't really want to play it on co-op. The single player looks fun enough. Besides, have you actually played the game?

CoD is a rip off of Medal of honor, Halo is a ripoff of tribes:roll:
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
I only have 56k and can't play the Beta anyway:| So, why am I buying Crackdown.....
freakout247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 freakout247
Member since 2004 • 843 Posts
Lol what a moron. I was interested in Crackdown before the Halo 3 beta was even announced... along with tons of other people.
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
Seriously, its loads of fun. the only 360 game that ive made a concious effort to try and get all the achievements in (only 9 left!) but, seriously, dont buy a copy. ever. It's too much game for you. jigglebilly1983
:) I love it too
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
I don't understand the Crackdown hate. I got it because I got hooked on the co-op in the demo. After more than a week of play I'm still having tons of fun with it..
proudeskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 proudeskimo
Member since 2004 • 1762 Posts
I dont even like Halo...
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Well. I have to update you guys.

Guess what?

About 30 minutes ago I had just beat (from start to finish) the game in less than 45 minutes. I'm not kidding.

No cheats or glitches. I'll have my review done today.

When are they putting the beta up for download?

Cedmln

There is no possible way that you can completely beat this game in 45 minutes..It takes hours to level your character up which is one of the best things about the game, FINDING THE ORBS...

Now do yourself a favor, go back and do the achievements like climbing the agency tower and leveling up your driving skills so that you can do stunts and watch your vehicles transform in to some really sweet vehicles..

You can't rush the game..It's got a lot to offer..

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cedmln
[QUOTE="Cedmln"]

heretrix

There is no possible way that you can completely beat this game in 45 minutes..It takes hours to level your character up which is one of the best things about the game, FINDING THE ORBS...

Now do yourself a favor, go back and do the achievements like climbing the agency tower and leveling up your driving skills so that you can do stunts and watch your vehicles transform in to some really sweet vehicles..

You can't rush the game..It's got a lot to offer..

I see that from what you typed in this post, you've clearly didn't read my other posts. And I already got more than a few of the achievements.

PS: I guess no one knows when the beta is available.