Crackdown 2 tops UK sales charts

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

http://www.qj.net/images/stories/Xbox_360/Crackdown_2/011910/crackdown2.jpg

Ruffian Games latest open-world action sequel, Crackdown 2, debuts on top of the UK sales charts this week as the latest ChartTrack figures has revealed. soaring past the likes of Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4, Red Dead Redemption, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.

Here's the list of the top ten games that made it in ChartTrack's All Format category for the week ending July 10:

01. Crackdown 2 (Microsoft)
02. Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Warner)
03. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar)
04. Dance On Broadway (Ubisoft)
05. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA)
06. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo)
07. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (EA)
08. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
09. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
10. UFC 2010: Undisputed (THQ)

-----

LINK

:3 I'm glad to see Alan Wake still on the list...though it's at 23. Better than 24 I guess?

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

Very sad ...

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
That's marketing for you, really. Ads are all over the place.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

That's marketing for you, really. Ads are all over the place.Ninja-Hippo

pretty much. too bad MS wouldn't do the same for AW. instead they advertise a borderline rehash. :x

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
People like Crackdown :)
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Well you can relate this to the fact that nothing noteworthy on the consoles came out.

But its a sad thing to see. It deserves to sell horribly when better games struggle.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Its not a good game, but good god its still a crap load of fun to play online. And people who played Crackdown know that.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
sometimes i feel really dissapointed to be english,lego star wars? lego harry potter?seriously? sometimes i feel like the only core gamer in the whole country,lol, at least here at GS all the english gamers have sane taste in games,lol
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killab2oo5
sometimes i feel really dissapointed to be english,lego star wars? lego harry potter?seriously? sometimes i feel like the only core gamer in the whole country,lol, at least here at GS all the english gamers have sane taste in games,loldelta3074
;[ I heard Lego Star Wars/Harry Potter were actually pretty fun, and very content packed.
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

Good to see people have opinions of their own instead of listening to some of the ridiculous hate spewed.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Its like RDR, I saw tons of ads all over the place, like on the underground and on the side of buses. Ads do sells stuff.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
sometimes i feel really dissapointed to be english,lego star wars? lego harry potter?seriously? sometimes i feel like the only core gamer in the whole country,lol, at least here at GS all the english gamers have sane taste in games,loldelta3074
i played lego star wars at a friend's house on splitscreen, and thought it was awesome.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Snugenz

[QUOTE="delta3074"]sometimes i feel really dissapointed to be english,lego star wars? lego harry potter?seriously? sometimes i feel like the only core gamer in the whole country,lol, at least here at GS all the english gamers have sane taste in games,lolclone01
i played lego star wars at a friend's house on splitscreen, and thought it was awesome.

Indeed from the demos i've tried of the "LEGO" series they all seem to be very competent and fun games.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
Good sales for a good game, that's good.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Snugenz

Good sales for a good game, that's good.R3FURBISHED

Be honest, its a terrible game and a horrible effort on Ruffians part, but its such an awesome game !

Confused yet? :P

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 delta3074

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="delta3074"]sometimes i feel really dissapointed to be english,lego star wars? lego harry potter?seriously? sometimes i feel like the only core gamer in the whole country,lol, at least here at GS all the english gamers have sane taste in games,lolSnugenz

Indeed from the demos i've tried of the "LEGO" series they all seem to be very competent and fun games.

each to there own i suppose, if you like that sort of thing then all power to you,i just think there are much better games at the moment, i gave up my lego 'fix' a long time ago when i finally put down my box of technic lego,lol
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 delta3074

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]Good sales for a good game, that's good.Snugenz

Be honest, its a terrible game and a horrible effort on Ruffians part, but its such an awesome game !

awesome game but doesn't live up to expectations or the developers track record?
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="clone01"] i played lego star wars at a friend's house on splitscreen, and thought it was awesome.delta3074

each to there own i suppose, if you like that sort of thing then all power to you,i just think there are much better games at the moment, i gave up my lego 'fix' a long time ago when i finally put down my box of technic lego,lol

Oh i agree, well not that there's much better games out right now (new games that is) but i wouldnt get the LEGO games myself, but i can easily see the appeal of them, and they are proper games unlike so many horrible movie tie-ins or straight up cash-ins.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clone01
BoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooClank-PS-Snake
according to your gamertag, you haven't played crackdown 2. yet, in a previous post, you said: "I have an Xbox though so I'm entitled to my opinion, SaltyMeatBalls is anti PS3 and he doesn't even have one." so its okay for you to form opinions on things you have no experience with, but other people can't do the same?
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clone01

nah, i understand what you're saying. that's how i felt about the first crackdown. i've yet to pick up this one, but i most certainly will.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 R3FURBISHED

I'm really enjoying it so far, sure it has it's fair share of flaws, but it doesn't subtract from the overall quality enough to be a bad thing.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

delta3074

awesome game but doesn't live up to expectations or the developers track record?

Awesome game because its incredibly easy to play it, have an absolute blast and wonder were the past 10 hours went. Bad game because Ruffian basically rehashed all the hard work Realtime Worlds put in to make the first game brilliant, then changed the city (mostly for the worse) and made some basic things worse (combat, climbing). Also adding useless things like Renegade Orbs and the No-Wing Suit.

On top of all that, the great DLC we got with Crackdown (Keys to the City) hasnt been included with C2 and i'm guessing we're gonna have to buy it again at some point.

So yeah, brilliant because of what RW did, bad because of what Ruffian did and didnt do.

I'm really enjoying it so far, sure it has it's fair share of flaws, but it doesn't subtract from the overall quality enough to be a bad thing.R3FURBISHED

Oh me too, very very much so.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 h575309

Well they didnt do a whole lot to improve an already very fun game. Doesnt make it a "terrible" game. Its just dissapointing, because this franchise could be a real standout if a dev put some serious time into developing it. Honestly, if they had just added a little bit more of a storyline, some cool bosses, and a bunch more abilities (namely flying, yes flying why not?), the game would have been more in the 8-9 range.
anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

Still a flop for the 360 though.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#26 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Good for Crackdown 2, I am excited to play it when Gamefly ships it to me. :roll: at some of the comments. It's still a good game, I'm glad you want a good game to fail merely because it didn't meet your expectations.
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 h575309
[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Awesome game because its incredibly easy to play it, have an absolute blast and wonder were the past 10 hours went. Bad game because Ruffian basically rehashed all the hard work Realtime Worlds put in to make the first game brilliant, then changed the city (mostly for the worse) and made some basic things worse (combat, climbing). Also adding useless things like Renegade Orbs and the No-Wing Suit.

On top of all that, the great DLC we got with Crackdown (Keys to the City) hasnt been included with C2 and i'm guessing we're gonna have to buy it again at some point.

So yeah, brilliant because of what RW did, bad because of what Ruffian did and didnt do.

Keys to the city was free before, probably will be again. If not thats effing lame.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 delta3074

anshul89
this is a sales thread,not a 360 bashing thread, nobody cares about wether a game flopped in the real world, the chart proves this.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]awesome game but doesn't live up to expectations or the developers track record?h575309

Keys to the city was free before, probably will be again. If not thats effing lame.

I paid for it when it first came out with something else i think (a mini expansion or something, dont remember now), but yeah it would indeed be extremely lame if it will/would be a premium download.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 R3FURBISHED

anshul89
I don't think Microsoft gives a damn, Ruffian might be a little upset over the scores, but since this is their first game they have published, they can only be so disappointed.
anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 anshul89

[QUOTE="anshul89"]

delta3074

this is a sales thread,not a 360 bashing thread, nobody cares about wether a game flopped in the real world, the chart proves this.

What do you mean nobody cares ? I would have bought it if I actually enjoyed the demo.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 delta3074
[QUOTE="anshul89"]

R3FURBISHED
I don't think Microsoft gives a damn, Ruffian might be a little upset over the scores, but since this is their first game they have published, they can only be so disappointed.

i didn't know it was there first game, 7 and top of the UK sales chart is pretty good for a first outing imo.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="anshul89"]

anshul89

What do you mean nobody cares ? I would have bought it if I actually enjoyed the demo.

people honestly don't care wether a game matched it's hype on an internet gaming site in the real world, there are a lot of users hera at GS, but we are still a small drop in the ocean compared to the 70+ million console gamers and 'only god knows how many' PC gamers there are out in the world, i don't think people honestly care about scores in the real world either, most people know what they like, and if they like the look of something they will buy it, i have had loads of fun with games that scored really low here on GS,like AvP and too human for example.
Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts
People like Crackdown :)locopatho
Unfortunately. The english have bad taste in games. Atleast it's not a Mario&Sonic title.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

i dont believe how many games flopped this year for 360,but at least some ofthem are selling.

ComBaTsOuL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ComBaTsOuL
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"]People like Crackdown :)Kan0nF0dder
Unfortunately. The english have bad taste in games. Atleast it's not a Mario&Sonic title.

Way to make asumptions there pal, have you even played the game? crackdown 2 maybe similar to the first one but its alot of fun... But what can i say for system wars, its cool to hate ;)...
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"]People like Crackdown :)Kan0nF0dder

I'm not English and I like Crackdown :) The first one anyone, haven't played this yet.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#38 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I'm surprised. It's a good game but it's not outstanding. It didn't receive significant advertising.
anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 anshul89

[QUOTE="anshul89"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]this is a sales thread,not a 360 bashing thread, nobody cares about wether a game flopped in the real world, the chart proves this.delta3074

people honestly don't care wether a game matched it's hype on an internet gaming site in the real world, there are a lot of users hera at GS, but we are still a small drop in the ocean compared to the 70+ million console gamers and 'only god knows how many' PC gamers there are out in the world, i don't think people honestly care about scores in the real world either, most people know what they like, and if they like the look of something they will buy it, i have had loads of fun with games that scored really low here on GS,like AvP and too human for example.

lol you went from nobody cares to I don't think people care.

Anyway, the 360 has had a terrible year in terms of exclusives.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"][QUOTE="anshul89"]

delta3074

i didn't know it was there first game, 7 and top of the UK sales chart is pretty good for a first outing imo.

GameSpot has it listed as their only title.http://www.gamespot.com/pages/company/index.php?company=81299

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

your not alone :P i got quite friendly with the staff in gamestation over the past while for buying more core geared titles heck my mates ex works there and she's put a copy of 3d dot hero on layaway for me till i get the cash to pick it up and it was a quick phonecall to her to preorder GT5 :P

I was dissapointed when i walked in and they had sold out of demons souls :( which was a dissapointment cause they aint sure when they are getting another batch in :'(.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="anshul89"]What do you mean nobody cares ? I would have bought it if I actually enjoyed the demo.

anshul89

Better than PC's year. Otherwise I don't think hermits would be begging for Alan Wake :lol:

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#44 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

Haven't really read many of the posts in this topic but its sales are not surprising. Crackdown 2 released at a perfect time. What other free roam games came out within the last month and will come out within the next month? Nothing too big. Crackdown 2 should sell really well for the summer because of timing and strong marketing.

EDIT: Forgot about RDR. Game came out in May or June? Can't remember atm.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Great sales for a mediocre effort. Hopefully they will actually try and make a real sequel next time instead of a goddamn expansion pack.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 anshul89

[QUOTE="anshul89"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]people honestly don't care wether a game matched it's hype on an internet gaming site in the real world, there are a lot of users hera at GS, but we are still a small drop in the ocean compared to the 70+ million console gamers and 'only god knows how many' PC gamers there are out in the world, i don't think people honestly care about scores in the real world either, most people know what they like, and if they like the look of something they will buy it, i have had loads of fun with games that scored really low here on GS,like AvP and too human for example.Karnage108

Better than PC's year. Otherwise I don't think hermits would be begging for Alan Wake :lol:

The 360 has only one AA+ exclusive this year :|

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

That MAKES NO SENSE. Gamespot gave it a 6.5 so everyone should have known not to buy it.........................................Oh wait i forgot SW=/reality.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 locopatho

That MAKES NO SENSE. Gamespot gave it a 6.5 so everyone should have known not to buy it.........................................Oh wait i forgot SW=/reality.

Fizzman
No they didn't :D
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 killab2oo5
Crackdown 2 is good until you get the winged suit...then it turns awesome! I really don't get all the negativity surrounding this game, and imagine any haters haven't played it yet.getyeryayasout
I think the game is getting a lot of negativity because Ruffian failed to address ANY of the problems from the first Crackdown.
Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

What's wrong with the Lego games? I assume you've played them if you've got a negative opinion on them.