COWs Please explain to me...

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlueBarad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BlueBarad
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts

Now that the fog has lifted and the PS3 has been out for about 4 months, please explain to me how is the PS3 so VASTLY superior than the 360 again?

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

It's not vastly superior. However, more storage, standard hard drive, no batteries in the controller, internal power, slot-loading disc drive, high definition movies out of the box, free online.

Sounds great to me. Not to mention Oblivion basically debunked the whole graphics debate.  

raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts
Teh Cel Teh Cell and Blu-ray
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Lol here comes how they can cure cancer again
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ddldave
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
the ps3 can cure cancer
sniperpenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 sniperpenguins
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts

Teh Cel Teh Cell and Blu-rayraskullibur

damn you beat me too it

kook_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kook_U
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

It's not vastly superior. However, more storage, standard hard drive, no batteries in the controller, internal power, slot-loading disc drive, high definition movies out of the box, free online.

Sounds great to me. Not to mention Oblivion basically debunked the whole graphics debate.  

TekkenMaster606
You forgot to mention the price tag^_^ X360 for life w00t
Happyphilter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Happyphilter
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts
the ps3 can cure cancerddldave
well if it can do it why dosent it, im sure we are all looking forward to that
anprionsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 anprionsa
Member since 2004 • 382 Posts
Well, I hope it would be a little better. Since it came out 1 year later.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

TekkenMaster606
What makes a slot loading disc drive better? I didnt think it made a difference.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

laughingman42

What makes a slot loading disc drive better? I didnt think it made a difference.

It's a sleek feature when compared to top loading and disc trays.  

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts

TekkenMaster606

Elaborate. 

sPOON_f33dU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sPOON_f33dU
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
the microsoft boss already said that the PS3's gfx will make the 360 make a run for its money....
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TekkenMaster606

bman784

Elaborate.

Both versions graphically look the same. I've seen the comparisons. So much for 'all' PS3 multiplats being inferior.  

BlueBarad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BlueBarad
[QUOTE="laughingman42"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

TekkenMaster606

YAY!!! Slot loading for U$200 more. The Wii did it for half the price....
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TekkenMaster606
Of course, leave it to the Xbox fans to argue minimal features on a budget. :lol:
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

TekkenMaster606
Not to be nitpicky but actually it is not Hi-def movies or games out of the box, a good HDMI cable is actually pretty expensive, and sealing the battery compartment was not the greatest idea ever either. I use my pc for extra storage and its way bigger than 60gig. Free online is a hinderence to the system not an advantage. internal power? slot loading drive?  Normally I don't see you making bad arguements about the PS3, whats up with you tonight? The good news is once the PS3 gets a library all these petty things will look like small potatos.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts

TekkenMaster606
Storage: So far completely unecessary, until I get a game other than an RPG on 2 DVDs I could care less about BR/HD-DVD. No Batteries: Thats going to suck in a year or two when the battery dies and you have to buy a new controller instead a new pack of AA's. Internal Power: If you actually have a problem with the 360's powerbrick, you need a life. Slot Loading disc drive: Again, if thats an important feature, get a life. Graphics: A port of a year old game looking as good as the original version is not impressive. If anything it makes the PS3 look worse because a premier developer like Bethesda could get almost no graphical improvement out of the PS3 version with a year of development time.
viper7721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 viper7721
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts

Not to mention Oblivion basically debunked the whole graphics debate.  

TekkenMaster606

Are you joking?  Every other multiplat game looks better on the 360.  And Oblivion looks IDENTICAL on both systems.  360 has better graphics than PS3, and that's a fact.  Oblivion proved absolutely nothing other than an extra year of development made the PS3 version equal.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Well, it's superior and inferior all at the same time. It's has more overall features but with a larger price tag. Free online platform but with less features. Better hardware reliability but again with the price tag. Potentially better hardware performance but it's less efficient and not as cost effective yet. Just depends on what you're looking for in games and features. edit : Oh, and the "buh bu the PS3 Oblivion had 1 more year" is just bs from blind fanboys. What about the new update for the 360 version? After that update both versions look identical. So the whole other year arguement doesn't work.
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
[QUOTE="bman784"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

TekkenMaster606

Elaborate.

Both versions graphically look the same. I've seen the comparisons. So much for 'all' PS3 multiplats being inferior.

Good. I thought that you were claiming that the PS3 was superior on a scale of equivalency, which would be a bad argument. As that's cleared up, I agree that there is no reason for claiming that multiplatform games are inherently worse on the PS3.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Of course, leave it to the Xbox fans to argue minimal features on a budget. :lol: TekkenMaster606
The 360 has many better games than the PS3 has (and probably will ever have).
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TekkenMaster606

Not to mention Oblivion basically debunked the whole graphics debate.

viper7721

Are you joking? Every other multiplat game looks better on the 360. And Oblivion looks IDENTICAL on both systems. 360 has better graphics than PS3, and that's a fact. Oblivion proved absolutely nothing other than an extra year of development made the PS3 version equal.

You mean every other multiplatform released during the launch window, the 'first generation' of Playstation 3 games. Go compare Virtua Tennis.

The superior multiplatform reign is over with.  

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
So.. Let get this straight.. PS3 cures Cancer Wii cures Obsesity. So what does Xbox 360 cure?
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TekkenMaster606

So.. Let get this straight.. PS3 cures Cancer Wii cures Obsesity. So what does Xbox 360 cure?ArisShadows

The desires of minimum wage working teenagers.  

BlueBarad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BlueBarad
You mean every other multiplatform released during the launch window, the 'first generation' of Playstation 3 games. Go compare Virtua Tennis.

TekkenMaster606
They look the same.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]You mean every other multiplatform released during the launch window, the 'first generation' of Playstation 3 games. Go compare Virtua Tennis.

BlueBarad

They look the same.

But what happened to everyone saying multiplatforms on Xbox 360 looking way better? That's all I heard during the Madden and Tiger Woods comparisons.  

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]You mean every other multiplatform released during the launch window, the 'first generation' of Playstation 3 games. Go compare Virtua Tennis.

BlueBarad
They look the same.

That's the point.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AgentVX
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

TekkenMaster606

More storage - New 360's coming out with 120GB HDD, compared to the PS3's 60GB. 

No Batteries in the Controller - What???  Actually, you do have batteries in the PS3 controller.  But the kicker here is, that once those batteries start to die, which it will, you have to purchase a whole new controller, unlike the 360 in which you can just purchase a new battery, swap it out, drastically chear.

Internal Power Supply - LOL, WOW!!! And this is so important because of???  I have never seen my power supply unless I change out cables on the back of my HD DLP.

Slot Loading Disc - I will give you this one and wish my 360 had this feature.  Not anykind of deal breaker though, not even close.

HD Movies out of Box - Very bad if you ask me, definately not an advantage.  Puts wear and tear on a expensive system, and when the BluRay laser dies, which it will happen, you have to purchase a whole new PS3.  Add on HD player, is a definately a better way to go, limited wear and tear on system, and when HD laser dies, you don't have to purchase a whole new system.  Plus, gives users a choice to buy if they feel they need it, and not forced into buying.  But stand alone players when they drop in price is the best way to go.

Free Online - This is personal.  If you occasionally play online games, then its a plus to PS3 owners.  If you play a fair amount like I do, then the $4 bucks a month for a superior online with the 360 is the only way to go.  You get what you pay for. 

The Home feature for the PS3 is not impressive at all, I just see it as a longer time to get where you want, get what you want.  This feature after a week or so will get so 'old' quickly.

Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]So.. Let get this straight.. PS3 cures Cancer Wii cures Obsesity. So what does Xbox 360 cure?TekkenMaster606

rofl!!!! This ownage approved.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AgentVX
[QUOTE="BlueBarad"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]You mean every other multiplatform released during the launch window, the 'first generation' of Playstation 3 games. Go compare Virtua Tennis.

TekkenMaster606

They look the same.

But what happened to everyone saying multiplatforms on Xbox 360 looking way better? That's all I heard during the Madden and Tiger Woods comparisons.

Please, nobody except loonie fanboys said that multiplats look "WAY BETTER" on the 360.  They was slight graphical improvements in the 360 version, and typically ran at a better framerate on the 360.  

Where I seen the biggest difference in which I would definately get the 360 version, was on some of the multiplats lacking online features on the PS3 games. 

BlueBarad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BlueBarad

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]So.. Let get this straight.. PS3 cures Cancer Wii cures Obsesity. So what does Xbox 360 cure?PaintballinDude

LMAO Certified Approval!!
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"]So.. Let get this straight.. PS3 cures Cancer Wii cures Obsesity. So what does Xbox 360 cure?PaintballinDude

Sad thing, I err.. that is true.. XD
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PaintballinDude

AgentVX

No Batteries in the Controller - What???  Actually, you do have batteries in the PS3 controller.  But the kicker here is, that once those batteries start to die, which it will, you have to purchase a whole new controller, unlike the 360 in which you can just purchase a new battery, swap it out, drastically chear.

Internal Power Supply - LOL, WOW!!! And this is so important because of???  I have never seen my power supply unless I change out cables on the back of my HD DLP.

Slot Loading Disc - I will give you this one and wish my 360 had this feature.  Not anykind of deal breaker though, not even close.

HD Movies out of Box - Very bad if you ask me, definately not an advantage.  Puts wear and tear on a expensive system, and when the BluRay laser dies, which it will happen, you have to purchase a whole new PS3.  Add on HD player, is a definately a better way to go, limited wear and tear on system, and when HD laser dies, you don't have to purchase a whole new system.  Plus, gives users a choice to buy if they feel they need it, and not forced into buying.  But stand alone players when they drop in price is the best way to go.

Free Online - This is personal.  If you occasionally play online games, then its a plus to PS3 owners.  If you play a fair amount like I do, then the $4 bucks a month for a superior online with the 360 is the only way to go.  You get what you pay for. 

The Home feature for the PS3 is not impressive at all, I just see it as a longer time to get where you want, get what you want.  This feature after a week or so will get so 'old' quickly.

Your opinons and yes they are very much opinons, are flawed. And of course the first one being you list the rumor of a new model of xbox as a strong point. Which is one a bad idea because you do not know it is one hundred percent true, and second of all are you even going to own one or are you just saying that to claim 360's superority. Even if you upgrade your Hard Drive i can just perchase an external for cheaper.

Food for thought.

The blu ray disc laser will die? I would like to see perhaps a link, or ill just assume you pulled that from your ***. The reason Blu-ray is included is not only for the movies but for the gameing. May not be important this generation but maybe near the end it will be. The playstation 3 gave blu ray a jump start over the HD-DVD and can be shown in sales. If Hd-dvd doesnt make the leap around next-next gen, what will microsoft do then? Pay a huge royalities to sony.

I was actuly impressed how you stated 4$ a month like a salesperson, stateing the low figure instead of saying 50 dollars a year. You cannot pay it in installments either. Nice try!

Home not impressive? How so, i can see all the features of you Xbox live and more so. I bet you guys would love to post the video of you killing the final boss in GeOW for all your online buddies to see.

Besides that i see most of you comments as trolling, not based upon facts but rather little perks to comfort your insercurity. I wouldnt want to stick with a company that only improves when the competetion does.

OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts

Great thread.

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TekkenMaster606
We don't know the battery life of the internal one inside the SixAxis. It may last 3 or 4 years. No one knows.
Hendersonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Hendersonman
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
So.. Let get this straight.. PS3 cures Cancer Wii cures Obsesity. So what does Xbox 360 cure?ArisShadows
Whats the 360 cure: Boredom :)
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AgentVX
[QUOTE="AgentVX"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

PaintballinDude

No Batteries in the Controller - What??? Actually, you do have batteries in the PS3 controller. But the kicker here is, that once those batteries start to die, which it will, you have to purchase a whole new controller, unlike the 360 in which you can just purchase a new battery, swap it out, drastically chear.

Internal Power Supply - LOL, WOW!!! And this is so important because of??? I have never seen my power supply unless I change out cables on the back of my HD DLP.

Slot Loading Disc - I will give you this one and wish my 360 had this feature. Not anykind of deal breaker though, not even close.

HD Movies out of Box - Very bad if you ask me, definately not an advantage. Puts wear and tear on a expensive system, and when the BluRay laser dies, which it will happen, you have to purchase a whole new PS3. Add on HD player, is a definately a better way to go, limited wear and tear on system, and when HD laser dies, you don't have to purchase a whole new system. Plus, gives users a choice to buy if they feel they need it, and not forced into buying. But stand alone players when they drop in price is the best way to go.

Free Online - This is personal. If you occasionally play online games, then its a plus to PS3 owners. If you play a fair amount like I do, then the $4 bucks a month for a superior online with the 360 is the only way to go. You get what you pay for.

The Home feature for the PS3 is not impressive at all, I just see it as a longer time to get where you want, get what you want. This feature after a week or so will get so 'old' quickly.

Your opinons and yes they are very much opinons, are flawed. And of course the first one being you list the rumor of a new model of xbox as a strong point. Which is one a bad idea because you do not know it is one hundred percent true, and second of all are you even going to own one or are you just saying that to claim 360's superority. Even if you upgrade your Hard Drive i can just perchase an external for cheaper.

Food for thought.

The blu ray disc laser will die? I would like to see perhaps a link, or ill just assume you pulled that from your ***. The reason Blu-ray is included is not only for the movies but for the gameing. May not be important this generation but maybe near the end it will be. The playstation 3 gave blu ray a jump start over the HD-DVD and can be shown in sales. If Hd-dvd doesnt make the leap around next-next gen, what will microsoft do then? Pay a huge royalities to sony.

I was actuly impressed how you stated 4$ a month like a salesperson, stateing the low figure instead of saying 50 dollars a year. You cannot pay it in installments either. Nice try!

Home not impressive? How so, i can see all the features of you Xbox live and more so. I bet you guys would love to post the video of you killing the final boss in GeOW for all your online buddies to see.

Besides that i see most of you comments as trolling, not based upon facts but rather little perks to comfort your insercurity. I wouldnt want to stick with a company that only improves when the competetion does.

First of all, the XBOX 360 Elite is coming out, with a 120GB HDD, which is indeed 2X the size of the PS3 Sku 1, and 6X bigger than the Sku 2 PS3, you know the cheaper version.  Not only that, HDMI is included.  "Willing" it not to come out, just shows that your scared and in denial, and a rather uninformed fanboy. 

Second of all, your comment on the laser not dying is just outright flawed, and obviously you have no clue what so ever about electronics.  I don't assume it will die, I outright "Know" that it will die. When, that is the big question?  And since it's new technology, I would be worried about the Blue/Violet laser on the PS3, anyone that actually knows a thing or 2 about new technolgy knows it's a real good idea to skip out on the first batches.  Not only that, the PS3 will "NOT" support the new Java based apps that they are implimenting, or soon to impliment on new BluRay movies.  Right off the hope, your BluRay on the PS3 is already outdated.

And what about if BluRay wins the format war?  Then MS might impliment a add-on BluRay player.  Only silly fanboys would care about this.  And I made it quite clear why stand alone players are far superior to internal players like the PS3 has, unnessisary wear and tear on the system, plus the fact that the built in BluRay player is outdated already, or soon to be outdated with it's lack of Java Applet support.  Though, this is only important if you care for Jave Applet functionality, personally I think its fairly cool, but needed, not really. 

And what are you babbling about $4 dollars a month.  Please, this is the case, and whether you say  14 cents a day, 4 bucks a month, 50 dollars a year, 500 dollars for 10 years, I really don't understand your comment.  And lets get something clear here, I recieved a full yr Gold subscription free with the purchase of Splinter Cell at Best Buy, so in fact, I am not paying anything for Gold XBL.  And second fact, XBL is just a superior Online entity, denying this is again, just silly fanboy fantasies.  Though I though I made it quite clear, if your not into online gaming much, Sony's inferior free service might do you good.

Of course Home is not impressive, at least for gaming.  Please give me just one improvement on how it improves online gaming in comparision to XBL.  But if you want to dress up your little dinky character with bell bottoms and some bling(at a price of course), if that's your thing, all the power too ya.   But for the more mature gamers, which obviously your not, it doesn't do a single thing better than XBL.  Denying this, again is just silly fanboy talk.

And for the trolling part, LOL.  What's that matter, the Truth hurts. 

All in all, this might of been a decent conversation, but obviously your just another unimformed fanboy, tends to be a few running rampant around here. 

PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PaintballinDude
Your going to have to hold on for a second while i write all this up.
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AgentVX

Your going to have to hold on for a second while i write all this up.PaintballinDude

No prob, not going anywhere.

PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 PaintballinDude
[QUOTE="PaintballinDude"][QUOTE="AgentVX"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

AgentVX

No Batteries in the Controller - What??? Actually, you do have batteries in the PS3 controller. But the kicker here is, that once those batteries start to die, which it will, you have to purchase a whole new controller, unlike the 360 in which you can just purchase a new battery, swap it out, drastically chear.

Internal Power Supply - LOL, WOW!!! And this is so important because of??? I have never seen my power supply unless I change out cables on the back of my HD DLP.

Slot Loading Disc - I will give you this one and wish my 360 had this feature. Not anykind of deal breaker though, not even close.

HD Movies out of Box - Very bad if you ask me, definately not an advantage. Puts wear and tear on a expensive system, and when the BluRay laser dies, which it will happen, you have to purchase a whole new PS3. Add on HD player, is a definately a better way to go, limited wear and tear on system, and when HD laser dies, you don't have to purchase a whole new system. Plus, gives users a choice to buy if they feel they need it, and not forced into buying. But stand alone players when they drop in price is the best way to go.

Free Online - This is personal. If you occasionally play online games, then its a plus to PS3 owners. If you play a fair amount like I do, then the $4 bucks a month for a superior online with the 360 is the only way to go. You get what you pay for.

The Home feature for the PS3 is not impressive at all, I just see it as a longer time to get where you want, get what you want. This feature after a week or so will get so 'old' quickly.

Food for thought.

First of all, the XBOX 360 Elite is coming out, with a 120GB HDD, which is indeed 2X the size of the PS3 Sku 1, and 6X bigger than the Sku 2 PS3, you know the cheaper version.  Not only that, HDMI is included.  "Willing" it not to come out, just shows that your scared and in denial, and a rather uninformed fanboy. 

Second of all, your comment on the laser not dying is just outright flawed, and obviously you have no clue what so ever about electronics.  I don't assume it will die, I outright "Know" that it will die. When, that is the big question?  And since it's new technology, I would be worried about the Blue/Violet laser on the PS3, anyone that actually knows a thing or 2 about new technolgy knows it's a real good idea to skip out on the first batches.  Not only that, the PS3 will "NOT" support the new Java based apps that they are implimenting, or soon to impliment on new BluRay movies.  Right off the hope, your BluRay on the PS3 is already outdated.

And what about if BluRay wins the format war?  Then MS might impliment a add-on BluRay player.  Only silly fanboys would care about this.  And I made it quite clear why stand alone players are far superior to internal players like the PS3 has, unnessisary wear and tear on the system, plus the fact that the built in BluRay player is outdated already, or soon to be outdated with it's lack of Java Applet support.  Though, this is only important if you care for Jave Applet functionality, personally I think its fairly cool, but needed, not really. 

And what are you babbling about $4 dollars a month.  Please, this is the case, and whether you say  14 cents a day, 4 bucks a month, 50 dollars a year, 500 dollars for 10 years, I really don't understand your comment.  And lets get something clear here, I recieved a full yr Gold subscription free with the purchase of Splinter Cell at Best Buy, so in fact, I am not paying anything for Gold XBL.  And second fact, XBL is just a superior Online entity, denying this is again, just silly fanboy fantasies.  Though I though I made it quite clear, if your not into online gaming much, Sony's inferior free service might do you good.

Of course Home is not impressive, at least for gaming.  Please give me just one improvement on how it improves online gaming in comparision to XBL.  But if you want to dress up your little dinky character with bell bottoms and some bling(at a price of course), if that's your thing, all the power too ya.   But for the more mature gamers, which obviously your not, it doesn't do a single thing better than XBL.  Denying this, again is just silly fanboy talk.

And for the trolling part, LOL.  What's that matter, the Truth hurts. 

All in all, this might of been a decent conversation, but obviously your just another unimformed fanboy, tends to be a few running rampant around here. 

Im really unimpressed. I asked you for a link that laser dieing. Talk is cheap plain AND simple. I work with televisons all day long dont assume. Do you really think DVD-9 will last forever, honestly with your all knowing knowledge of electronics i would expect more... tsk tsk. Uh last time i checked Xbox 360 still plays dvds. One would say that would "Burn out" the laser quick noteing that dvd in much larger quanties. Making your statement crap again. You received a free year of XBL from Best buy for purchaseing something, stores do these kind of things to draw attention of consumers, or as i like to say it. Chumps. Home not impressive? Give me one improvement over home, i gave you one. Your opinon means nothing to me troll. You claim superior out of pure opinon, give me some facts. That were not pullen from your ***
toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts
[QUOTE="laughingman42"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]

TekkenMaster606

Which i had on a PC drive in 1995... They look sleek, but you can never get a game out if it gets jamned in. Without taking the drive apart...
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Now that the fog has lifted and the PS3 has been out for about 4 months, please explain to me how is the PS3 so VASTLY superior than the 360 again?

BlueBarad
I've just had my PS3 for a few days now but whenI stand it next to my 360 its got a real air of superiority about it. For starters its runs really quitely while my 360 sounds like its going to explode next to it. Then there's the built in WiFi and card readers.I can also plug in almost any usb device and it works instantly,I can plug my mouse in to navigate the interface menu or my old usb headset. its really easy to upgrade the hardrive even though I dont need to now its nice to be able to have the option. The GTHD demo is awsome ,the online is free and the X media is a really intuitave interface.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts

toxicmog

1) More storage in the hard drive is good, until you have to start loading 4.5 gigs (Oblivion) on to said hard drive to compensate for 2) the slowness of the blu-ray drive (2x blu-ray is slightly slower than the 12x dvd drive on the 360). I'd say those two are moot.

3) Most people buy the 360 which comes with a hard drive, and to be honest, there haven't been too many developers having problems because the hard drive isn't standard.

4) Internal batteries? Great, so now when your batteries die, you'll need a tiny phillips head and a replacement battery, presumably ordered from Sony. Not too convenient. I'd rather be given the option of using rechargeable batteries OR standard AAs.

5) Internal power supply? Again, if something goes wrong, I'd rather be able to easily replace it. Also, this will add to the heat in the PS3, but it won't affect the 360.

6) Slot-loading disc drive? No thanks.

7) I have no interest in hd movies for the moment, and if blu-ray doesn't win (although it probably will), you're stuck with junk. And finally, free online? You get what you pay for. Or should I say, 360 owners get what they pay for, and PS3 owners may or may not get anything, at all. Home doesn't make up for all the games that you can't play online. Well, maybe it does for some people, but they should be on Second Life then, not dropping $600 on a black Myspace machine.

Oblivion debunked the graphics debate? Pardon, but I thought the debate was always "is the 360 as powerful as the PS3?" It seems to me that since Oblivion isn't particularly superior on the PS3 (after an extra year), that debate should be going at full strength right now...

AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AgentVX
[QUOTE="BlueBarad"]

Now that the fog has lifted and the PS3 has been out for about 4 months, please explain to me how is the PS3 so VASTLY superior than the 360 again?

gsx1100

I've just had my PS3 for a few days now but whenI stand it next to my 360 its got a real air of superiority about it. For starters its runs really quitely while my 360 sounds like its going to explode next to it. Then there's the built in WiFi and card readers.I can also plug in almost any usb device and it works instantly,I can plug my mouse in to navigate the interface menu or my old usb headset. its really easy to upgrade the hardrive even though I dont need to now its nice to be able to have the option. The GTHD demo is awsome ,the online is free and the X media is a really intuitave interface.

Well, obviously if you can hear your 360, then you must be playing your games on a tiny screen.  Maybe instead of buying all those fancy headsets, extra HDD and KB/M, you should of bought a real HD monitor to play your PS3 on.  Plus, you must not play your PS3 long, for even though it starts out quite quiet, play for over 15 or 20 minutes, it actually gets noisier than the 360.

Built in WiFi, hahahaha!!!.  My corded ethernet blows away your Wifi connection out of the water, much faster and much more stable.  Only casuals use Wifi!!!

Wow, I plugged in my external HDD, USB keyboard to my 360 and it's working just "Jim Dandy".

Bragging about PS3 internet capablities.  LOL, you must of just bought a computer, and are now just realizing that PS3's online browser is quite pathetic.  Though, even though it's pathetic, I do wish I had a better option of browsing the internet on the 360 than going through a plug-in through Media Center. My 360 does have a internet browser, it's just that it sucks even worse than the PS3 version.

Card Readers, BAHAHAHAHA!!! All I do is stream all my movies, pictures, and music in which displays all album covers through Media Center though my corded ethernet network for all of my media needs. Card reader, now that's a good one.

Online is free because it's inferior in almost every way to XBL.  You get what you pay for. 

gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
Oh and I forgot to mention the Hi Def movie playback.
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PaintballinDude

[QUOTE="PaintballinDude"] Im really unimpressed. I asked you for a link that laser dieing. Talk is cheap plain AND simple. I work with televisons all day long dont assume. Do you really think DVD-9 will last forever, honestly with your all knowing knowledge of electronics i would expect more... tsk tsk. Uh last time i checked Xbox 360 still plays dvds. One would say that would "Burn out" the laser quick noteing that dvd in much larger quanties. Making your statement crap again. You received a free year of XBL from Best buy for purchaseing something, stores do these kind of things to draw attention of consumers, or as i like to say it. Chumps. Home not impressive? Give me one improvement over home, i gave you one. Your opinon means nothing to me troll. You claim superior out of pure opinon, give me some facts. That were not pullen from your ***AgentVX

LOL, well first of all, I was never trying to impress you, just giving out proper information.

As for laser's dying, depending on quality, length of usage and other outside factors will all contribute to how long the laser will last.  I mean really, do I have to explain things such as this to you.  I ain't making this up, all lasers, be it in a home DVD, burners, and "Yes" even the new HD lasers on both formats will go.  Throwing out the old "Link Please" ain't gonna save you from this fact.

And really, if your not mature enough to just admit your wrong, there is no reason to talk to a silly immature fanboy.

As for my opion about having more space on a disk, yes it's a good thing, and one advantage I give to the PS3.  Though the huge disadvantage working against the PS3 is the hefty price increase it added to the PS3, thus keeping it out of reach for most casual consumers.  And of course I don't think DVD-9 will last forever, but do think it has a good 5 to 7 years left.

And yes, the DVD on the 360 will burn out also, but I can get a realitively cheap replacement from microsoft without have in purchase a whole new console, like the PS3. 

As for your comment on getting XBL Gold for a year free with a game purchase, I would believe you would be a "Chump" for not getting a game that you already wanted.

Online, LOL.  Unified service, regulated servers (single biggest reason, the reason why quite a few PS3 games don't come with online functions), easy of use, inviting friends playing in other games to play in your game, chat to friends playing other games plus a few others.  Again, I do state, if your not into online gaming that much, the PS3 version for the most part will do you fine.

Again, "Home" is not impressive for online gaming.  But for hanging out at the worlds biggest sausage fest with your pretend avator, have at it.  Take your buddies to your pad, share some milk and cookies and talk about how gay this really is.

"Home" take away the "e" and add an "o", and there you have it.

Well, enough of slamming your uninformed arguements, I can see where this is goinig.  Fanboy!!!

8) 

If you werent you wouldnt of typed that up to convince me. Playstation 3 already includes a unified friends list. You should really do your homework. I can invite friends or clan to my home and tell them the plan of attack before a match in R:FOM, in which we would all Join TOGETHER over home. All Developers will be able to have pasfic content which will Boarder than XBL. I can download content and make microtransactions. Every ascept you bash about Home is something that you dont have Jealous much? Home will improve on every aspect of XBL and more so. I cant wait to show my friends the clan make i had where i would whooped whomever's *** in a team death match. Please bashing something like that is just fanboyish. Insecure about your manliness much? Maybe you should go read some maddox. hahhaha Are you saying that Xbox 360, 20gb is worth more than PS3, 60gb, home and a blu ray drive? Lets do some math. Playstation 3= 599 (60gb) Xbox 360= 399 (20gb) Hd-Dvd drive= 200 XBL = 50 Xbox seems to be more. Even when the Elite Xbox comes out, or what you would like to call it. I can buy an external drive and Still get a greater value than you. Fanboy
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AgentVX

Oh and I forgot to mention the Hi Def movie playback.gsx1100

You mean with the outdated BluRay players that will not support picture in picture Java applets.  Oh, that one.

Oh, did you not ever hear about the 360 add-on that support picture in picture Java applets that turns your 360 into a Hi Def Movie playback console, and one that doesn't put wear and tear on your gaming console.  Ya, that's right, you forgot. 

PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PaintballinDude
Bump...