Could the Xbox One possible catch the PlayStation 4 this holiday season?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Poll Could the Xbox One possible catch the PlayStation 4 this holiday season? (187 votes)

Yes 6%
Highly Likely 3%
Likely 6%
Neutral 7%
Unlikely 9%
Highly Unlikely 16%
No 54%

Judging from previous Halo sales and them being a colossal success, the amount of Xbox abandoners who left the Xbox brand for Sony who might get the itch to come back, a limited edition Halo 5 Xbox One releasing, plus the other blockbuster games releasing for the holidays...

Are these things enough of a carrot for this system to come close to nearing or catching up with the PlayStation 4?

What are your thoughts?

• 
RIZDRAVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By RIZDRAVER
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts

Wait until the onslaught of PS4 Holiday commercials pushing two key bundles. Every clueless mother and grandma is going to think Johnny needs a PS4 to play Star Wars Battlefront and Batman. Book it.

My wife's cousin got a PS4 last Christmas because he mentioned he wanted Destiny. His mom of course thought Destiny was a PS4 exclusive. PS4 sales are a testament: marketing works.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20142 Posts

@RIZDRAVER said:

Wait until the onslaught of PS4 Holiday commercials. Every clueless mother and grandma is going to think Johnny needs a PS4 to play Star Wars Battlefront and Batman. Book it.

My wife's cousin got a PS4 last Christmas because he mentioned he wanted Destiny. His mom of course thought Destiny was a PS4 exclusive. Marketing works.

Yeah I have to say that these marketing deals are very bad for the industry. I remember last gen when a fellow coworker thought Call of Duty was an Xbox exclusive. Of course that was all he did as far as gaming, but his words were, "I always see commercials for it on Xbox. I never see Sony make a commercial for it." It's stupid.

RIZDRAVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By RIZDRAVER
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts

@Zero_epyon: The Star Wars and Batman bundles will move far more PS4's this Christmas than Uncharted would have. They'll be PS4 exclusives in the minds of millions of parents and casuals.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20142 Posts

@RIZDRAVER said:

@Zero_epyon: The Star Wars and Batman bundles will move far more PS4's this Christmas than Uncharted would have. They'll be PS4 exclusives in the minds of millions of parents and casuals.

I wouldn't say millions, but yeah there will be people that believe it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@shibua said:

Sony only got the lead because of Japan, once Halo 5 comes out X1 will be unbeatable in the US and Europe, Sony ain't got the price advantage anymore and they have the worst exclusives, I've heard that Sony is even going to be treating third party games like first party in a desperate attempt to stay on top

Halo 5 is coming, let the hype begin

The PS4 doesn't even have 2 million units in japan yet the PS4 lead by 10..haahahaa

The PS4 is ahead because it outsold the xbox one even on US..lol

@Chutebox said:
@tormentos said:
@slim70 said:

So you now advertise your self when you enter treads.?

Let me give you a little example the XBO won this April NPD by 13k,the PS4 in Japan in 1 week alone sold 17+K vs the xbox one 200+ units not even 1K man,so if you joint both sales the PS4 actually beat the xbox one by 4 IN April and that is using 1 week of sales of japan where the PS4 sales aren't that great,so you see my shill friend is impossible for the xbox one to catch the PS4 like the PS3 did with the 360,now it is up to you to accept it as the truth and live with that reality i sincerely hope you can.

My best wishes for you.

Att. Tormentos :)

If you haven't noticed, and i haven't read your guys discussion, he always posts only a picture or three words in a reply when he has nothing. Then won't respond

Yeah the poor guy has very limited skill or he is 15 and were ever he get hurt goes running to his mom for comfort.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#256 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Nope, not a chance mate.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Nope.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#258 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@delta3074 said:

Nope, not a chance mate.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#259  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

LOL revived thread

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

this thread just used a phoenix down

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

Leave it to @NathanDrakeSwag to revive a six month old thread to make a point about the Playstation 4's sales dominance.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50604 Posts

Love it.

Avatar image for scrollinglayers
ScrollingLayers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 ScrollingLayers
Member since 2015 • 632 Posts

No. Not possible. Not next year either. Xbone won't catch upto PS4 anytime this generation.

Microsoft will start fresh with a next gen Xbox in 2018 or 2019, where it will face off against PS5.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Will never catch up. If I were only going to buy one system and all my friends and people I play online with have PS4s, why would I buy an XBox One? XBox One was basically DOA, get over it. If they hadn't dug their grave at E3 2013, who knows what could have happened?

Also LOL at the necro thread.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#265 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

No way Sony has sold over 30 million ps4

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag:

This just proves you are the most pathetic poster on this site

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#267 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@nyadc said:
@quadknight said:
@nyadc said:
@AM-Gamer said:

No chance in Hell. They may win the holidays but a 10 million plus lead? Not to mention Sony has major marketing and bundle deals on massive third party titles Like Batman:AK and Star Wars. I see MS being around 13 million behind by the time October comes around.

Average sales figures for numbered Halo titles sit at 9.09 million units spanning Halo CE - Halo 4, I can imagine Halo 5 selling possibly 4 million systems on its own, more if it reviews extremely well. Then you have to factor in Tomb Raider which is another massive and highly anticipated release, Forza 6 which is not huge but still something that a lot of people will jump at, and then Fable Legends.

Microsoft has kind of a perfect storm lined up for the end of this year, I could see 8 million systems being sold if not more from September to January.

P.S. You guys put far too much faith in marketing deals of multi-platform games.

With good reason. Destiny helped sell 600,000 PS4s in the US last year the month it came out. Multiplats are easily the biggest games out there. No exclusive will sell as many consoles as a major multiplat can.

Halo 5 will not help close the gap. It isn't 2007 anymore and after the flop that was Halo MCC I'm surprised lems are still holding onto the belief that Halo 5 will sell millions of new Xbones to cosumers this holiday, enough to catch up tot he PS4. It's just crazy wishful thinking at this point. Not even Halo 3 type sales can help Xbone overcome a 10 million+ deficit.

I'm not sure where you're getting that 600,000 unit count attributed to Destiny, that seems like unnobtainable data IMO. Also Destiny didn't even sell twice as many copies on the PlayStation 4 when it had a user base on the PlayStation 4 exceeding the Xbox One by more than 100%, so it's not that impressive in terms of unit measurements considering the deficits.

No other exclusive is Halo though, nothing is as big as Halo in terms of exclusive games. A new numbered Halo title will move units, millions, guaranteed with out a shadow of a doubt, always has and it always will.

In reality outside of system wars TMCC did not flop, it was never expected to sell nearly as well as a numbered Halo title and 343 made that clear in statements from before it even released. Just to put it into perspective it sold around 2.5 million copies with an install base of maybe 9 million at the time? That's over 25% of the entire owner base of the system itself, Halo CE: Anniversary released on a system with an install base roughly nine times larger and sold about the same.

This console making a massive push against the PlayStation 4 is FOR ONCE a real possibility, nothing before this was.

@silversix_ said:

Are you high? This holidays, if Sony drops the ps4's price, Xbone will be buried and forgotten by everyone by MS themselves. MS has as much chances of catching on as Wii outselling ps3 or 360 in 2012.

No games to separate itself from the competition during the holidays where the opposite is the case for the competition. A price drop would never offset that, not to mention you can already get PlayStation 4's for $350 from retailers all over the place.

And 7 months later...

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Wow! 14% of the voters chose likely or yes! Yikes lol

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

XD Wow, that's embarrassing. I wonder what he was thinking when he made this thread.

Goes to show lems are the most delusional fanboys on SW.

@general_solo76 said:

Wow! 14% of the voters chose likely or yes! Yikes lol

I'm not surprised lol. Lems are completely out of touch with reality.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#270 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Don't necro threads.