Console gaming = more money

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

can you get all these games for $6 on a console?

i dun tink so

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Well it's only garbage games so wgaf?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i really think people don't realize that the more expensive hardware pays itself when you can get most games you want dirt cheap, sometimes just a couple months from launch.
rschauby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rschauby
Member since 2010 • 101 Posts

Not to mention a good portion of console gamers own multiple systems...

But at least as a console gamer you have the option of paying $60 for a game and selling it to Gamestop for $13 so you can purchase a used game for $55...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Well it's only garbage games so wgaf?themajormayor
garbage games? :|
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
So let me get this straight... you guys brag about cheap games, yet insist that we're the ones on welfare?
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Well it's only garbage games so wgaf?MonsieurX

Except company of heroes I guess
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]Well it's only garbage games so wgaf?themajormayor

Except company of heroes I guess

Garbage opinion I gyess
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 themajormayor
where I find this bundle? I want company of heroes
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
where I find this bundle? I want company of heroesthemajormayor
humblebundle.com
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonsieurX
where I find this bundle? I want company of heroesthemajormayor
Can't you read the picture?
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Well it's only garbage games so wgaf?MonsieurX

He hasn't got any taste.
Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts
Digital distribution, BLECH!
MaskedPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MaskedPlayer
Member since 2012 • 892 Posts
Dont feed the troll. [spoiler] Oh dang I just did [/spoiler]
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]where I find this bundle? I want company of heroesBrunoBRS
humblebundle.com

sweet thanks
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
I spent $1200 this gen alone on PS3s breaking and having to pay for repairs. No other console of mine ever broke on its own. My NES and Genesis still work so it was due to poor care. When something goes wrong with my PC (usually as a result of my own doing) all I have to do is make a couple Google searches and find the fix myself. I sent y PS3 to Sony once for repairs and after 2 months of waiting, they sent me back a refurbished unit so I lost all my saves and the game that was inside my PS3 was not returned until I made a separate claim with Sony.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 clyde46
I spent $1200 this gen alone on PS3s breaking and having to pay for repairs. No other console of mine ever broke on its own. My NES and Genesis still work so it was due to poor care. When something goes wrong with my PC (usually as a result of my own doing) all I have to do is make a couple Google searches and find the fix myself. I sent y PS3 to Sony once for repairs and after 2 months of waiting, they sent me back a refurbished unit so I lost all my saves and the game that was inside my PS3 was not returned until I made a separate claim with Sony.BPoole96
I had a good experience with Sony UK support, my PS3 died 3 days outside of its warranty. The support guy said that he could replace it for free because it died just outside of the allowed warranty period.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

So let me get this straight... you guys brag about cheap games, yet insist that we're the ones on welfare? lowe0

I can think of 2-3 posters who recycle the argument, and I know one of them is just joking and having fun (tenaka)...

So, since when do the few exceptions make the rule?

Also, be kind enough to show me where did the TC ever said you or other consolites are on welfare...

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Meh, PS+ gives games for free and they don't ask for anything in return.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
Not to mention the fact that you have to replace them every 2 years.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Wow.. Can a 7 year old PC run the games you listed? :|

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

So a handful of games that all came out a year or more ago is a deal for dirt chea? It's nice but you can still walk into gamespot and dig into the bargain bin of games that are 1-2 dollars on sale, and have other buy 2 get one free deals going. You might end up paying $10 instead but at least there is also more variety.

Also, the Humble Bundle is different, it lets you pick the price... and the one thing your telling devs for paying $6 for hundreds of hours worth in games is, you dont' give a **** about them, or supporting them, you just want games at stupidly low prices.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tagyhag

So a handful of games that all came out a year or more ago is a deal for dirt chea? It's nice but you can still walk into gamespot and dig into the bargain bin of games that are 1-2 dollars on sale, and have other buy 2 get one free deals going. You might end up paying $10 instead but at least there is also more variety.

Also, the Humble Bundle is different, it lets you pick the price... and the one thing your telling devs for paying $6 for hundreds of hours worth in games is, you dont' give a **** about them, or supporting them, you just want games at stupidly low prices.

savagetwinkie
And what does it mean when you buy used games that developers won't get any money out of? :P
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Still need to pick that up.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 savagetwinkie
Meh, PS+ gives games for free and they don't ask for anything in return.tagyhag
$50 a year...
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

tagyhag
And what does it mean when you buy used games that developers won't get any money out of? :P

.. the same thing when they're pirated.. ;)
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tagyhag
[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

OhSnapitz

Ah but he was talking about HumbleBundle not piracy.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clyde46

OhSnapitz

Pirates have been proven to spend more on the entertainment industry. Buying used is worse than piracy.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 savagetwinkie
[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

tagyhag

I'm just pointing out how idiot the "cheaper" games on pc argument is, they hit these sale prices because no one is buying them, it happens on consoles, it happens on PC, its just easier to find on PC because likely you've gotten used to steam pop ups showing you their delicous deals, while gamespot emails are auto forwared to the trash... At any rate it seems silly to spend so much extra money on hardware to play the latest and greatest games only to boast about being able to buy the games 2 years after release for $5 ... wooo
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Most of them are aaa-aa.....

Sorry no 4 hour movie-games for you in that list though.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 savagetwinkie
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="tagyhag"] And what does it mean when you buy used games that developers won't get any money out of? :Pclyde46

what? by definition pirates aren't spending money... Pirates have been proven to spend more on the entertainment industry. Buying used is worse than piracy.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

It's been proven that console gaming is more costly than PC.

High-end PC hardware is obviously expensive, but when you sit down and think about it, you would realise that PC is cheaper in the long run.

I'm planning about creating a thread about this, full explanation.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

savagetwinkie

There have been over 3 million dollars in purchases on this one bundle

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Meh, PS+ gives games for free and they don't ask for anything in return.savagetwinkie
$50 a year...

gives you more than 50$ a year for live
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 clyde46

savagetwinkie

I'm just pointing out how idiot the "cheaper" games on pc argument is, they hit these sale prices because no one is buying them, it happens on consoles, it happens on PC, its just easier to find on PC because likely you've gotten used to steam pop ups showing you their delicous deals, while gamespot emails are auto forwared to the trash... At any rate it seems silly to spend so much extra money on hardware to play the latest and greatest games only to boast about being able to buy the games 2 years after release for $5 ... wooo

PC games have always sold at a steady rate compared to console games. As Steam sales have proven, games that were lagging have been given new life because of these sales. Sometimes games get pushed to the bottom of the pile by these big blockbusters and Steam sales bring them to the attention of gamers again.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lostrib

savagetwinkie

That isnt the case here with the humble bundle. Since it's meant as an enticement for people to help donate money to charity, not because no one was buying these games. It's not a bargain bin

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

lostrib

And 3 million won't pay for a single year to keep all the developers involved actually employed... unless they are all getting paid 40k a year with no benefits... oh and there are still publishers eating away at that 3 million...
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] .. the same thing when they're pirated.. ;)savagetwinkie
what? by definition pirates aren't spending money... Pirates have been proven to spend more on the entertainment industry. Buying used is worse than piracy.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20121126/00590921141/dear-riaa-pirates-buy-more-full-stop-deal-with-it.shtml

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

savagetwinkie

And 3 million won't pay for a single year to keep all the developers involved actually employed... unless they are all getting paid 40k a year with no benefits... oh and there are still publishers eating away at that 3 million...

Well actually if you were smart you would have pointed out that the 3 million is actually split among 3 entities at the discretion of each buyer. The default split appears to be 65% to THQ and 20% to charity. But giving some money to the developers is better than none, unlike those bargain bin gamestop purchases

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#40 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I always thought console gaming was cheaper because PC it seems like you spend more money.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lostrib

I always thought console gaming was cheaper because PC it seems like you spend more money.

HaloPimp978

On hardware, not software

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]

savagetwinkie

It´s nearly at 4Millions now and we´re still barely half way through the duration of this bundle,they´re gonna get way more,especially in th last couple of days,kinda like kickstarter.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="clyde46"] what? by definition pirates aren't spending money... Pirates have been proven to spend more on the entertainment industry. Buying used is worse than piracy.clyde46

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20121126/00590921141/dear-riaa-pirates-buy-more-full-stop-deal-with-it.shtml

do you read your own article?

The study also looked at what they spent on, and, not surprisingly, money spent seems to be shifting to scarce goods -- the things that can't be "pirated." In the music world, that includes merchandise and live, as well as online subscriptions, rather than "buying music."

They are spending money on things they can't steal easily, this isn't helping your cause when its a study that cleary shows people stealing what they can and paying for what they can't steal.

Secondly if you look at this at a gaming perspective, you think developers make they're livelyhood on live shows and tshirts?

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BPoole96

It's been proven that console gaming is more costly than PC.

High-end PC hardware is obviously expensive, but when you sit down and think about it, you would realise that PC is cheaper in the long run.

I'm planning about creating a thread about this, full explanation.

GamerwillzPS
I wouldn't even bother. Most console gamers on here still think a capable PC costs $5000.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

MrYaotubo

It´s nearly at 4Millions now and we´re still barely half way through the duration of this bundle,they´re gonna get way more,especially in th last couple of days,kinda like kickstarter.

publishers spend like $20 million plus in 2 years on a single game, and thats a cheap game by todays standards... and these are games that I doubt sell that much any more, Consider also THQ is supposedly bankrupt, they are probably willing to do this since they won't be in business next year, good job, keep paying $6.00 for games
Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

i haven't pirated a game in 3 years,steam changed the way i buy and play games

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]savagetwinkie

The study also looked at what they spent on, and, not surprisingly, money spent seems to be shifting to scarce goods -- the things that can't be "pirated." In the music world, that includes merchandise and live, as well as online subscriptions, rather than "buying music."

They are spending money on things they can't steal easily, this isn't helping your cause when its a study that cleary shows people stealing what they can and paying for what they can't steal.

Secondly if you look at this at a gaming perspective, you think developers make they're livelyhood on live shows and tshirts?

Going down the music route, artists get a fraction of the price of a sold album. They make more money from merch and live shows. What pirates are doing is spending money supporting the artists like like by buying their merch and going to see them live.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lostrib

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]savagetwinkie

all things that support the artists

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
[QUOTE="MrYaotubo"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"] And 3 million won't pay for a single year to keep all the developers involved actually employed... unless they are all getting paid 40k a year with no benefits... oh and there are still publishers eating away at that 3 million...savagetwinkie

publishers spend like $20 million plus in 2 years on a single game, and thats a cheap game by todays standards... and these are games that I doubt sell that much any more, Consider also THQ is supposedly bankrupt, they are probably willing to do this since they won't be in business next year, good job, keep paying $6.00 for games

If they´re not going to be around next year then it´s way better to pay that for the games than nothing, Only someone really dumb would twist all this into a bad thing.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BPoole96
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]I spent $1200 this gen alone on PS3s breaking and having to pay for repairs. No other console of mine ever broke on its own. My NES and Genesis still work so it was due to poor care. When something goes wrong with my PC (usually as a result of my own doing) all I have to do is make a couple Google searches and find the fix myself. I sent y PS3 to Sony once for repairs and after 2 months of waiting, they sent me back a refurbished unit so I lost all my saves and the game that was inside my PS3 was not returned until I made a separate claim with Sony.clyde46
I had a good experience with Sony UK support, my PS3 died 3 days outside of its warranty. The support guy said that he could replace it for free because it died just outside of the allowed warranty period.

Both of mine died 1 month after my warranty expired so I was screwed. The Slim model seems to be more reliable since I've had it for 3 years now and haven't had any problems. It doesn't get played much though since I got my PC.