Conduit 2 going positive

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#101 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Weren't they the same site that gave BO and Goldeneye a 6.5 and most other hardcore third party and some first partyWii games below 8.0.I rather wait for a complete trustworthy site to review this game because I don't trust GI.I trust IGn kinda on their review of this game Except I have to see how I feel about the graPHICS.

super600

If the score bothers you so much, read the text.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]Oh and just so you know. All games have flaws. Whether your arguments are valid or not, this game is getting 7.5s to 8s (I can't believe you take Game Informer seriously lol and take their view as a fact). That is a positive and good score, you can't deny it.super600

Aren't you essentially doing the same thing by shoving the higher scores in peoples faces?

Also, what is wrong with Game Informer? You might not like them, but they're certainly well known and have a following.

Just because the scores don't help you doesn't mean you should write it off, but I've come to expect this from you.

Weren't they the same site that gave BO and Goldeneye a 6.5 and most other hardcore third party and some first partyWii games below 8.0.I rather wait for a complete trustworthy site to review this game because I don't trust GI.I trust IGn kinda on their review of this game Except I have to see how I feel about the graPHICS.

It doesn't matter, people defending the game like the cling to uncharacteristically high scores and throw away the ones that don't help their argument, it's a double standard and just as sad as all the rest of the excuses people make up for this mediocrity.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#103 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

Aren't you essentially doing the same thing by shoving the higher scores in peoples faces?

Also, what is wrong with Game Informer? You might not like them, but they're certainly well known and have a following.

Just because the scores don't help you doesn't mean you should write it off, but I've come to expect this from you.

WreckEm711

It doesn't matter, people defending the game like the cling to uncharacteristically high scores and throw away the ones that don't help their argument, it's a double standard and just as sad as all the rest of the excuses people make up for this mediocrity.

Actaully all the scores besides that one are mid 70 to low 80's.Anyway from what I seen and read about this game from reviews is pretty good, but it's not oh my good bad like you guys are trying to tell me or oh my god it's actually good like some of the hypers. I rather wait and see how I feel about this game when I get it.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

Actaully all the scores besides that one are mid 70 to low 80's.

two are mid 70s, one is in the low 80s. By your logic we should throw the 80 out because its as big of an outlier as the 60s score is. Thats what metacritic is for, and metacritic stands by me at this point.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

two are mid 70s, one is in the low 80s. By your logic we should throw the 80 out because its as big of an outlier as the 60s score is. Thats what metacritic is for, and metacritic stands by me at this point.

You forgot the GT one.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

You forgot the GT one.

Actually I did, I assumed it was AA and it wasn't, it's A, thank you for correcting me.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/conduit-2/critic-reviews

As I said, metacritic stands by me at this point. Hell thats not even including the two reviews that aren't on metacritic that gave it 6/10 :lol:

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

WreckEm711

As if trying to compare a matercritic score that has only 4 reviews is any better. Both sides are no better then the other.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Wanderer5

As if trying to compare a matercritic score that has only 4 reviews is any better. Both sides are no better then the other.

Because I am actually taking ALL the reviews into account and not throwing away ones that don't support my point? Right. I guess I should take into consideration scores that aren't even out yet because that would totally add to the discussion right?

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Because I am actually taking ALL the reviews into account and not throwing away ones that don't support my point? Right. I guess I should take into consideration scores that aren't even out yet because that would totally add to the discussion right?

All I saying is that there only 4 reviews so far, so it pretty unfair to compare the metacritic score to one that has like 30+ reviews. For all we know it could end up being worse or better as more reviews come in.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

He's telling the truth.You never know if a site like GS would pull of an IGN and score this game a 7.5. So let;s wait until this game gets atleasst 25 or more reviews.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

All I saying is that there only 4 reviews so far, so it pretty unfair to compare the metacritic score to one that has like 30+ reviews. For all we know it could end up being worse or better as more reviews come in.

"At this point" was said several times, sorry if you missed it

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Wanderer5

"At this point" was said several times, sorry if you missed it

WreckEm711

Lmao at ignoring all of the lower reviews for this game in your OP, afraid to admit reality?

The game is ONE POINT higher than The Conduit on metacritic.... thats pathetic. I thought HVS was supposed to deliver????????

WreckEm711

Yeah, you rep that one point metacritic difference, HVS sure did learn from their mistakes and finally deliver after years of shovelware!

WreckEm711

Yeah must have missed that part, because it wasn't there, and it still unfair to compare them now anyway.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Yes, plz sheep, hype this game its an awesome FPS :lol: Hard to believe some people are saying good things about such a mediocre shooter, seriously BBQ lol sauce!
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 super600  Moderator

Yes, plz sheep, hype this game its an awesome FPS :lol: Hard to believe some people are saying good things about such a mediocre shooter, seriously BBQ lol sauce!silversix_

Lol! Have you played the game yet?Anyway I couldpull the medicore card on COD MW2 to you know.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

[QUOTE="silversix_"]Yes, plz sheep, hype this game its an awesome FPS :lol: Hard to believe some people are saying good things about such a mediocre shooter, seriously BBQ lol sauce!super600

Lol! Have you played the game yet?Anyway I couldpull the medicore card on COD MW2 to you know.

Played which one? First Conduit yes, 2nd no, but do i really need to? I mean its The Conduit we're talking about :lol:

EDITE: MW2 is almost as mediocre. Not me who's gonna deffend that kind of garbage from Activision.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 WreckEm711

Yeah must have missed that part, because it wasn't there, but it still unfair to compare them now.

Wanderer5

two are mid 70s, one is in the low 80s. By your logic we should throw the 80 out because its as big of an outlier as the 60s score is. Thats what metacritic is for, and metacritic stands by me at this point.WreckEm711

Actually I did, I assumed it was AA and it wasn't, it's A, thank you for correcting me.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/conduit-2/critic-reviews

As I said, metacritic stands by me at this point. Hell thats not even including the two reviews that aren't on metacritic that gave it 6/10 :lol:

WreckEm711

You were saying? I could have sworn you just said it didn't happen.....

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Wanderer5

WreckEm711

Well it wasn't like that earlier.:P And beside I still stand from what I said. We shouldn't comapre the scores till there are more reviews. You said that there were two more reviews that give it a 6 correct?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="silversix_"]Yes, plz sheep, hype this game its an awesome FPS :lol: Hard to believe some people are saying good things about such a mediocre shooter, seriously BBQ lol sauce!silversix_

Played which one? First Conduit yes, 2nd no, but do i really need to? I mean its The Conduit we're talking about :lol:

EDITE: MW2 is almost as mediocre. Not me who's gonna deffend that kind of garbage from Activision.

Anyway I;m mostly hyping this game in the mid A range and not an insanely high score.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Wanderer5

Well it wasn't like that earlier.:P And beside I still stand from what I said. We shouldn't comapre the scores till there are more reviews. You said that there were two more reviews that give it a 6 correct?

Actually I think glitchspot struck, because I couldn't find them either at first :P

For the time being, the current scores are the only thing to compare, so thats what will be compared. As reviews roll in, they will be included, and yes, there are two 6/10 scores that aren't even up on metacritic yet :P

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Wanderer5

For the time being, the current scores are the only thing to compare, so thats what will be compared.WreckEm711

But why?Again you comparing a score that only has 4 reviews to one that has almost 80 reviews.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

For the time being, the current scores are the only thing to compare, so thats what will be compared.Wanderer5

But why?Again you comparing a score that only has 4 reviews to one that has almost 80 reviews.

Because at this point in each games lifetime, Conduit 2 is getting lower scores than the first did, and as was the case before the game was launched, the staunch HVS-cheersquad refuses to hear any negative criticism against the game :P So it's incredibly fun pointing out all of it ;)

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

For the time being, the current scores are the only thing to compare, so thats what will be compared.WreckEm711

Because at this point in each games lifetime, Conduit 2 is getting lower scores than the first did, and as was the case before the game was launched, the staunch HVS-cheersquad refuses to hear any negative criticism against the game :P So it's incredibly fun pointing out all of it ;)

Well it did already got much lowers score from IGN and Nintendo Power then the first (through both scored it too high TBH), however who knows maybe it will get more positive scores. I still not going to bother to play the game through especially since I not liking the wii as much as before...

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

It will potentially go up to a 72% or 73% if the positive reviews keep on coming for this, but you never know if the score will actually drop.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Considering most uninspiring shooters rely on their production values, it goes to show the standard on the wii for these type of games is pretty damn low. Which is a shame considering the potential on the system, Red Steel 2 from all that I have read was a serious step in the right direction. But that's my stab from what I've read and watched about the two games.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 haziqonfire

Considering most uninspiring shooters rely on their production values, it goes to show the standard on the wii for these type of games is pretty damn low. Which is a shame considering the potential on the system, Red Steel 2 from all that I have read was a serious step in the right direction. But that's my stab from what I've read and watched about the two games.skrat_01

Red Steel 2, Goldeneye 007 and Metroid Prime 3 are still far better shooter-type games than The Conduit series will ever be.

At least MP3's highest setting was silky smooth. Conduit's is too jittery all the time.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#126 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

From my experience, the Conduit is simply just a very faulty game, and not up to the standards of even the wii. Games like Goldeneye, Red Steel, and Metroid Prime laugh in its presence.

ugoo18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ugoo18
Member since 2010 • 1005 Posts

Considering most uninspiring shooters rely on their production values, it goes to show the standard on the wii for these type of games is pretty damn low. Which is a shame considering the potential on the system, Red Steel 2 from all that I have read was a serious step in the right direction. But that's my stab from what I've read and watched about the two games.skrat_01

The jump in quality from Red Steel 1 to Red Steel 2 is astounding, Ubisoft got pretty much everything right that was wrong in the first game. It's controls where perfect, the gameplay was fun and addicting, it looked beautiful both from screenshots and in motion. I really do hope Ubisoft put that much effort into their future Wii/3DS games because if they do i will be more than happy to support them. Red Steel 2 is the definitive Motion+ game heck it's the definitive sword game on the Wii.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#128 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts
The Conduit is a mediocre first person shooter series end of story. Some people enjoy generic games, and others do not. I slightly enjoyed the first one, but the gunplay is way too loose and sporadic, and the second does not seem to have fixed that. I'm not too interested in part too in Conduit 2 since I have Goldeneye and Black Ops which are immensely superior.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Considering most uninspiring shooters rely on their production values, it goes to show the standard on the wii for these type of games is pretty damn low. Which is a shame considering the potential on the system, Red Steel 2 from all that I have read was a serious step in the right direction. But that's my stab from what I've read and watched about the two games.ugoo18

The jump in quality from Red Steel 1 to Red Steel 2 is astounding, Ubisoft got pretty much everything right that was wrong in the first game. It's controls where perfect, the gameplay was fun and addicting, it looked beautiful both from screenshots and in motion. I really do hope Ubisoft put that much effort into their future Wii/3DS games because if they do i will be more than happy to support them. Red Steel 2 is the definitive Motion+ game heck it's the definitive sword game on the Wii.

Agreed completely. I would even go as far as to say the shooting in Red Steel 2 is more satisfying than in The Conduit, and shooting is really a secondary thing compared to the Katana, would LOVE to see a Red Steel 3 on the Wii 2

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Considering most uninspiring shooters rely on their production values, it goes to show the standard on the wii for these type of games is pretty damn low. Which is a shame considering the potential on the system, Red Steel 2 from all that I have read was a serious step in the right direction. But that's my stab from what I've read and watched about the two games.Haziqonfire

Red Steel 2, Goldeneye 007 and Metroid Prime 3 are still far better shooter-type games than The Conduit series will ever be.

At least MP3's highest setting was silky smooth. Conduit's is too jittery all the time.

I'd believe that, I never got into the trilogy or the third. but it ran and looked damn good from what I played, from what I've heard about the other two I can't disagree.

ugoo18
I only played the first, and honestly I think it's a game responsible for killing a surge of shooter development for the platform post release - it highlighted everything wrong when tackling a shooter on the system. The second though, still looks great, and even on the broad multiplatform shooter spectrum, it stands out due to its distinctive identity, and actually pulling off motion controls in a meaningful way. Do wish I had my Wii with me to give it a shot.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Considering most uninspiring shooters rely on their production values, it goes to show the standard on the wii for these type of games is pretty damn low. Which is a shame considering the potential on the system, Red Steel 2 from all that I have read was a serious step in the right direction. But that's my stab from what I've read and watched about the two games.Haziqonfire

Gameinformer hated those games, so they're going against you
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 LastRambo341
Official Nintendo Magazine UK: 84 Going good so far, 4 positive scores and 1 mixed.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#133 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I remember the first game being included in graphics debates :P
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#134 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="flipdc5"]

The Conduit franchise is terrible, no where to go but up.

locopatho
Can't believe it's a franchise tbh.

How many games constitutes "franchise"? there are now 2, I say franchise. Glad it is getting better scores. I only got to try, by that I mean about 15 minutes of the first. But, as I have said, I like the Wii mote controls for FPS'. So I enjoyed those 15 minutes.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#135 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
[QUOTE="flipdc5"]

The Conduit franchise is terrible, no where to go but up.

locopatho
Can't believe it's a franchise tbh.

How many games constitutes "franchise"? there are now 2, I say franchise. Glad it is getting better scores. I only got to try, by that I mean about 15 minutes of the first. But, as I have said, I like the Wii mote controls for FPS'. So I enjoyed those 15 minutes.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#136 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts
What some of you may not realize is that this game is way better than the first and it's not a terrible game. I've played a terrible game before and it's not Conduit 2 OR The Conduit. The Conduit may have a terrible single player campaign but it's muiltiplayer was just awesome.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#137 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"] The Conduit may have a terrible single player campaign but it's muiltiplayer was just awesome.

Too bad it was buggy and hacker filled as all hell.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"] The Conduit may have a terrible single player campaign but it's muiltiplayer was just awesome.

Was gonna say
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#139 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"] The Conduit may have a terrible single player campaign but it's muiltiplayer was just awesome.

didn't even submit this but that's what I get for posting on my phone. Anyway, it wasn't always filled with Hackers.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 super600  Moderator

I remember the first game being included in graphics debates :Pracing1750

I been hearing multiple reports that thesequel looks vastly better on TV screens.So I think if someone saw it with their own eyes on a TV screen I think it could be included inWii graphics debate.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 haziqonfire

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Considering most uninspiring shooters rely on their production values, it goes to show the standard on the wii for these type of games is pretty damn low. Which is a shame considering the potential on the system, Red Steel 2 from all that I have read was a serious step in the right direction. But that's my stab from what I've read and watched about the two games.LastRambo341

Gameinformer hated those games, so they're going against you

That's great, I have not read their reviews for it, nor do I care to. I only look at reviews to get more information about a game that would have otherwise not been known. It's too late now considering I've played both those games to their entirety.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Finally got a chance to play some conduit 2 and wow...

It's 3 steps above The Conduit in every way. Everything was improved here although dialogue could be better, and the controls aren't quite as good as the first. Besides that, its a massive improvement. A solid 7.5-8 I must say.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 LastRambo341

It's 3 steps above The Conduit in every way. Everything was improved here although dialogue could be better, and the controls aren't quite as good as the first. Besides that, its a massive improvement. A solid 7.5-8 I must say.

ChubbyGuy40
You know whats funny? A guy who likes and plays all platform actually praised a Wii shooter while others here who haven't played it are just criticizing with no valid reason
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

LastRambo341

You know whats funny? A guy who likes and plays all platform actually praised a Wii shooter while others here who haven't played it are just criticizing with no valid reason

Yeah, I guess if the same questions that were raised before the game came out and then were confirmed by multiple reviews isn't valid.... you would :roll:

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

WreckEm711

Yeah, I guess if the same questions that were raised before the game came out and then were confirmed by multiple reviews isn't valid.... you would :roll:

You know, you keep on listing the flaws of the game which some reviews don't agree with. Heck, ALL games have flaws
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 super600  Moderator

In my opinion most of thecomplaints in some of the reviews sounded like complaints from a typical modern COD game released in the last couple of years,but sadly reviewers of the COD franchise don't apply these same complaints to the COD games.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 LastRambo341
Lately, 2 sites have given it a 5, one site gave it a 6 and the other a 7.2 The scores are going up and down from what we see.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 super600  Moderator

Lately, 2 sites have given it a 5, one site gave it a 6 and the other a 7.2 The scores are going up and down from what we see.LastRambo341

I hope it stays in the low seventy range because it looks like that the highest range it will be in.