Come on consoles, try to keep up. Too slow!

• 180 results
R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

Still like consoles better and PS5 and Xbox Scarlett will keep up just fine.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

@ahmad_fj said:

@BassMan:

It would still be a good deal for the PC gamers

It has most of the best PS exclusives

Bloodborne, metal gear, yakuza series, the last of us, God of war series, uncharted series

Lots of ps3 and ps2 games.

Metal Gear and Yakuza are available on PC. Some of the older titles that you mention can be played better on PC through emulators. It is always better to play games being rendered on hardware in your home as opposed to streaming. The image quality, input lag, and available options are better. Whether it is PS Now, Google Stadia, or whatever... all streaming is shit.

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Ahmad_FJ
Member since 2019 • 14 Posts

@BassMan:

Bloodborne is a great game and it's worth playing

It's better to have a choice of playing a game or not than not being able to play it

You could subscribe for 1 month to play bloodborne and maybe when you finish it you could still play any other game from the collection they have, and maybe they improve the service and games collection on the future

If that happens I might don't even need a console anymore, for us console players we're paying for live and plus to play online anyway so instead we pay for Ps now and we could play the exclusive games

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BassMan

@ahmad_fj: I think you missed the part where I said I have a PS4 Pro. I own all the good Sony exclusives. My issue is that most of them don't run good on even the PS4 Pro. I would much rather play them on a capable PC than at 30fps on console. Unfortunately, that is not an option due to Sony's greed and desire for control.

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ahmad_FJ

@BassMan:

I don't know about the issue you talking about

Maybe cuz you play on PC and when you play on PS4 it feels bad

I played bloodborne I had fun playing it, same goes for persona 5 and the other games I had fun playing them

Maybe if I get a PC I'll notice what you are talking about, for now I'm satisfied with the PS4 and Xbox One

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 BassMan

@ahmad_fj: If you are satisfied, that is all that matters. However, for System Wars purposes, just know that PC is far superior.

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ahmad_FJ

@BassMan:

I know that PC is better in every aspect

specially if you are a streamer

and for editing videos for YouTube and lot of things

What's special for consoles are the exclusives

And for people who didn't try playing on PC before I think they're satisfied with consoles because they didn't experience something better, for pc players it might be annoying for them to play on a console

Like the ps1 and ps2 days back then, we were satisfied and having fun playing it but if you go back and play it right now that shit is trash ?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

My Pastor has spoken :P

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Cost to power ratio is better for consoles.
Also I've noticed there's a lot of PC games like the Witcher 3 that are 60fps locked.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
@npiet1 said:

Also I've noticed there's a lot of PC games like the Witcher 3 that are 60fps locked.

The Witcher 3 isn't locked to 60 fps on PC. It has 3 options. Unlimited, 60, and 30.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 npiet1

@DragonfireXZ95: Where, I goddam looked for 10 minutes in the settings. I've got the options of 30 or 60. I've looked online and I'm not the only one with this issue.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
@npiet1 said:

@DragonfireXZ95: Where, I goddam looked for 10 minutes in the settings. I've got the options of 30 or 60. I've looked online and I'm not the only one with this issue.

Don't know what to tell ya. Are you running a pirated version without any updates? :P

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 npiet1

@DragonfireXZ95: *cough maybe *cough has the DLC though.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@npiet1 said:

Huh? Where did you see that option? Witcher 3 was never locked 60fps since the game launch, if you go to settings, you should see "Unlimited" cause it's what I used anyways.

Edit: Even if you are using GTX 1060, you should be able to see that "Unlimited" option anyways. This is the first time I'm hearing anyone saying it's 60fps locked.

Edit 2: Did you disable V-sync? That might be it. Make sure you're playing in full-screen and not border-less windowed.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 npiet1

@davillain-: Yep no v-sync and a 75hz monitor full screen. Some people on steam are having the same issue but not all.

But my point still stood from before some PC games are fps locked.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

*sigh*

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BaelNergal

@ahmad_fj said:

Yakuza

Shenmue 3
Final fantasy VII Remake

The ones quoted are not exclusives.

Also, I'm wondering how long exclusives will last. Sony seems to be going the route of Microsoft with their recent outreach to PC players. It's increasingly looking like Nintendo is about the only company that will make any effort to maintain their console exclusives, which is rather odd.

But we will see. Right now, Sony is about the only console maker left trying to compete for top spots with exclusives; Microsoft is going exclusiveless and Nintendo is showing signs of having instead carved out a niche for themselves. Sony may end up winning by default simply by being the only ones left competing.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Playing at 30 fps (or below at many times) is really bad. Objectively.

Anyone who says otherwise is literally just lying because they are stuck on a system that has no choice.I feel so bad for console only gamers. Real bad.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@npiet1 said:

That's true for the start of the gen, but slowly fades. It also depends on the gamer,

If gaming was my main hobby (which it is) I'm not going to several skimp on Frames or GFX due to trying to pinch pennies on price:performance ratios for the first 2 years of an 8 year gen. Even if it was the whole gen, again it's my main hobby not going to massively cheap skate it.

Consoles are great for the odd casual who just likes a button prompt movie game once a month. In which case the cost to power is good.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#71 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69771 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

the several other posts where you just whine about the TC mainly

That's odd because you seem to be the one whining about my posts. Funny ain't it?

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

60 fps is just fine. I'll always look more for picture quality when I'm buying a monitor, not 144 Hz or ultra widescreen like hardcore PC gamers. Not interested in paying more for a beefier card, just so that I can power 144 Hz in more intensive games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro

@ezekiel43 said:

60 fps is just fine. I'll always look more for picture quality when I'm buying a monitor, not 144 Hz or ultra widescreen like hardcore PC gamers.

You missed the memo, quality is only FPS. ;)

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 npiet1

@zaryia said:
@npiet1 said:

That's true for the start of the gen, but slowly fades. It also depends on the gamer,

If gaming was my main hobby (which it is) I'm not going to several skimp on Frames or GFX due to trying to pinch pennies on price:performance ratios for the first 2 years of an 8 year gen. Even if it was the whole gen, again it's my main hobby not going to massively cheap skate it.

Consoles are great for the odd casual who just likes a button prompt movie game once a month. In which case the cost to power is good.

It's still true now, Just though.

That's the same with any hobby though. Fishing starts at $20 for equipment but for the best it's thousands.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Literally no one gives a shit about framerates and performance.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@Pedro said:

So you are saying that 7 year old hardware is not as strong as hardware today?

Bit of a straw man argument. Developers always choose 30fps on consoles, because the graphics performance is an easier sell than gameplay performance to the mainstream and they need to show improvements generation on generation. Next gen they'll continue to choose 30fps.

I don't even think this is about preferences, but what console gamers are willing to accept. They could have made a big noise about this like they do with loot-boxes or other issues they get mad and vocal about. So I'm not buying the 'some people just prefer consoles'. That's a lazy way out of an argument console gamers struggle with, but they're all in with those tedious resolution and tech spec debates aren't they. They even don't mind a frame rate debate between them if they can show console x 'teh pwns' console y.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Too bad those higher framerates don't make the buggy, unfinished, early access, low quality indie, forever BETA, basement project PC exclusives that PC gamers love to compare to our GOTY winning AAA console exclusives have higher quality!

If you enjoy playing generic trash at 240fps I guess that might excite you, but for everyone else who have standards for quality not so much.

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

If we are just trying to beat a dead horse I will say my PS4 Pro is annoyingly loud when it plays games with a higher resolution than 1080p.

I still love it though because it plays Persona 5, Bloodborne, Spiderman, etc.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BassMan

@boxrekt said:

Too bad those higher framerates don't make the buggy, unfinished, early access, low quality indie, forever BETA, basement project PC exclusives that PC gamers love to compare to our GOTY winning AAA console exclusives higher quality!

If you enjoy playing generic trash at 240fps I guess that might excite you, but for everyone else who have standards for quality not so much.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 HalcyonScarlet

@boxrekt said:

Too bad those higher framerates don't make the buggy, unfinished, early access, low quality indie, forever BETA, basement project PC exclusives that PC gamers love to compare to our GOTY winning AAA console exclusives higher quality!

Yeah, I wouldn't have used that as a defence of consoles. This gen, console game developers are lazier than ever. They're happy to release games buggy or unfinished because they know they can update it later. What makes them lazier than PC developers is that the specs are set, so is the software. They don't have to worry about a shit ton of variable.

I remember when I had an Xbox One up until 2016, I'd go to play a game and it would say 'you must install this update before you are deemed worthy enough to play your game'. They were some big ass updates too. That was a mood killer.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts
@boxrekt said:

PC budgets are higher then console.

If you call world of warcraft / dota's / br games indie trash, then sony exclusives are vaporware

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@Gatygun said:
@boxrekt said:

If you call world of warcraft / dota's / br games indie trash, then sony exclusives are vaporware

lol what a silly argument.

Game revenue =/= game budget.

According to your backwards logic Minecraft is a high budget game...IT'S NOT! And it doesn't work like that.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#83 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@Pedro said:
@with_teeth26 said:

the several other posts where you just whine about the TC mainly

That's odd because you seem to be the one whining about my posts. Funny ain't it?

you are right i shouldn't stoop to your level

well this has been fun

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Pedro

@with_teeth26 said:

you are right i shouldn't stoop to your level

well this has been fun

You didn't stoop to my level because you have always been there. :)

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Not only did I buy a PS4 for exclusives, but I bought a PS4 Pro when it came out so that it could run games better. Got to limit the pain as much as possible.

The Pro does nothing for framerate over standard PS4 it focuses on higher resolutions just like the X.

You're not big on researching your purchases are you?

Also, said exclusives still run at 30fps even on the Pro did nobody tell you that before you bought it? You seem to need a hell of a lot of assistance from clued up gamers to save you from yourself.

Sadly, we're too late. lol.

Wow, for real? Why would you even question me when it comes to performance and hardware? Clearly, you are clueless. If the game is GPU bound, it stands to benefit from the extra GPU power of the Pro.

You're now saying GPU power alone dictates framerates? Good God. Ask yourself why PS4 exclusives on the Pro run at 30fps has it got nothing to do with the shit CPU?

Go to bed, you're drunk.

And I will question you all day every day on performance and hardware I have been a PC gamer for a very long time I am just not an arrogant confrontational elitist prick like you.

Reading comprehension...

example....

Loading Video...

So you get an extra few frames in some games is that your big news? Most games there is very little improvement it's negligible most notably the exclusives you claim to have bought the Pro for.

You're the one constantly crying about 30fps on consoles so why are you now trying to argue the Pro gives improved framerates lol. The Pro's CPU is barely an improvement over standard PS4. Look up the specs. No wait, it wouldn't mean anything to you. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Go take a look at the launch of the Pro and listen to Cerny. Everything is 4K and HDR he didn't even mention the CPU because he was too embarrassed (and so he should be).

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Really...

As far as I'm concerned Sony is leaking exclusives as fast as Microsoft at this point and since I don't trust Nintendo with the Switch, I really don't really see any reason to invest in new consoles next gen. Given the micro-transaction situation I don't see much reason to invest in anything other than what I've got PC wise next gen either. Maybe a larger hard drive but I have an advertised 4.48 TB, or 4,480 GB in hard drive space in my gaming rig as it is.

Call me tapped out if you will.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8488 Posts

@ahmad_fj said:

@BassMan:

I'm against exclusives too and everyone should be be able to play any games he like whether he have a PS or Xbox or PC...

but that's how gaming companies make people buy their consoles, with exclusive games

And here's a list:

Bloodborne

Horizon Zero Dawn

Persona 5

God of war

Uncharted

The last of us

Yakuza

Upcoming games:

Death stranding

Shenmue 3

Final fantasy VII Remake

Ghost of tsushima

The last of us 2

Try again because the games that are left aren't so great, not that the entire list was anything special to begin with.

AJuiceMatts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 AJuiceMatts
Member since 2019 • 88 Posts

i prefer 30 fps tbh.

Always have and always will.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@ahmad_fj said:

@BassMan:

I'm against exclusives too and everyone should be be able to play any games he like whether he have a PS or Xbox or PC...

but that's how gaming companies make people buy their consoles, with exclusive games

And here's a list:

Bloodborne

Horizon Zero Dawn

Persona 5

God of war

Uncharted

The last of us

Yakuza

Upcoming games:

Death stranding

Shenmue 3

Final fantasy VII Remake

Ghost of tsushima

The last of us 2

Try again because the games that are left aren't so great, not that the entire list was anything special to begin with.

Some of them aren't even PS4 exclusives such as Yakuza and Shenmue 3. Death Stranding and Final Fantasy 7 remake are all but confirmed to have PC versions too.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 NoodleFighter

@boxrekt said:
@Gatygun said:
@boxrekt said:

lol what a silly argument.

Game revenue =/= game budget.

According to your backwards logic Minecraft is a high budget game...IT'S NOT! And it doesn't work like that.

World Of Warcraft costed Blizzard $200 million for development and first 4 years of upkeep. Try again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@NoodleFighter:

Game production is while the game is being produced, though.

Isnt there monthly fees for WoW?

Didnt Dota start out as some king of community mod?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 NoodleFighter

@heirren said:

@NoodleFighter:

Game production is while the game is being produced, though.

Isnt there monthly fees for WoW?

Didnt Dota start out as some king of community mod?

That's assuming these games don't produce new content after their initial release which is still game production. During WoW's first $200 million spent they also developed two expansion packs so it wasn't like they only used the money for server maintenaince and bug fixing, you need to make new content to keep people playing and continue to spend money. WoW's payment system doesn't change the fact that it has a bigger budget than all console exclusives.

DOTA did start out as a mod but the developers were later hired by Valve and then given a bigger team and budget. Origin is not the same as now. By that logic Half Life 2 isn't a AAA game because the original half life was a mod.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@NoodleFighter:

World of Warcrafts budget was more marketing than anything else, just like Everquest. So i dont think WoW was low budget but when you look at the course of that game over the years, very little shows where the "budget" went.

Dota was a mod. They were hired because there was money to be made, but the r&d was already done.

Half Life 2 isnt a big budget game? Sorry that doesnt follow any logic. The original Half Life was a AAA. Where were you back then? Half Life was hype hype hype, ads ads ads, new tech new tech, new ai new ai, new physics new physics, etc. Lol hipsters started wearing freemen glasses.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By BassMan

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Wow, for real? Why would you even question me when it comes to performance and hardware? Clearly, you are clueless. If the game is GPU bound, it stands to benefit from the extra GPU power of the Pro.

You're now saying GPU power alone dictates framerates? Good God. Ask yourself why PS4 exclusives on the Pro run at 30fps has it got nothing to do with the shit CPU?

Go to bed, you're drunk.

And I will question you all day every day on performance and hardware I have been a PC gamer for a very long time I am just not an arrogant confrontational elitist prick like you.

Reading comprehension...

example....

Loading Video...

So you get an extra few frames in some games is that your big news? Most games there is very little improvement it's negligible most notably the exclusives you claim to have bought the Pro for.

You're the one constantly crying about 30fps on consoles so why are you now trying to argue the Pro gives improved framerates lol. The Pro's CPU is barely an improvement over standard PS4. Look up the specs. No wait, it wouldn't mean anything to you. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Go take a look at the launch of the Pro and listen to Cerny. Everything is 4K and HDR he didn't even mention the CPU because he was too embarrassed (and so he should be).

When the PS4 Pro came out, you had to rely on the developers to patch the game to enable a performance boost at 1080p. Now, you can actually enable boost mode in the PS4 Pro system settings and it will provide a performance boost when possible in all games.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/12/guide_ps4_pro_-_how_to_enable_boost_mode_4k_and_hdr_to_make_the_most_of_the_playstation_4_pro

I know all about performance and bottlenecks. The moment they announced the specs for the PS4 and X1, I was telling everyone the hardware was shit and the CPU was going to be a bottleneck. However, the GPU is also a bottleneck on some games for the base PS4. In these situations, the added GPU power of the Pro comes in to play.

I use my PS4 Pro to play Sony exclusives and NHL at 4K. I do not regret buying it as I play NHL a lot. It just sucks that these games are not available on PC and a lot of them don't run properly on console.

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Ahmad_FJ

@pc_rocks:

What's the special games for you then!!

Call of duty: modern warfare ?! ?

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 BaelNergal

@heirren said:

@NoodleFighter:

World of Warcrafts budget was more marketing than anything else, just like Everquest. So i dont think WoW was low budget but when you look at the course of that game over the years, very little shows where the "budget" went.

You would have to play the game in launch state and the game now to see the difference.

A massive amount of the budget has gone into rebuilding the engine. WoW's launch engine was "Bethesda reject for being too buggy" bad. They had to rebuild the entire PvP portion of it near launch because of how terrible the engine was. They've rebuilt the rest of the engine in the time since, and actually switched from 2.5D to full 3D models for most of the world. Assuming they haven't revamped the area yet (it's on their list, but not a high priority), compare the Blood Elves starter zone with the latest content to see how far the game has come graphically.

A lot of engine tweaks have also been anti-cheating and anti-bot measures.

I will admit you don't see the evidence of how much they've spent in the art department, but that's because of the art style being inherited from WoW's RTS ancestors. Some of the cinematics give you an idea of what the game would look like if they tried a more realistic art style, but the cartoony art style is more popular among the fanbase. And after the multiple cases of low-grade cyberterrorism by shaman players due to Blizzard ignoring their complaints about class balance, Blizzard got the idea that not-easily-seen-in-pictures changes to the game engine are much more valued than art style upgrades...

So, anyway, you're not seeing it because the money was mostly spent behind the scenes rather than on art.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Pedro said:

@BassMan: As usual you are upset and console gamers continue to enjoy their gaming experience. The struggle is real.

Yeah he seems upset lol

This sums up bass perfectly :)

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 HalcyonScarlet

@i_p_daily said:
@Pedro said:

@BassMan: As usual you are upset and console gamers continue to enjoy their gaming experience. The struggle is real.

Yeah he seems upset lol

This sums up bass perfectly :)

Doesn't that work every time there's an 'inter-console' battle about resolution or tech specs? I think the only one's that can probably claim that is Nintendo fans. Let's not pretend Playstation and Xbox fans are just about that fun. They love their nerd wars here, as long as they can fight it. The new one is load times for next gen... You couldn't make it up.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By NoodleFighter
@heirren said:

@NoodleFighter:

Dota was a mod. They were hired because there was money to be made, but the r&d was already done.

Half Life 2 isnt a big budget game? Sorry that doesnt follow any logic. The original Half Life was a AAA. Where were you back then? Half Life was hype hype hype, ads ads ads, new tech new tech, new ai new ai, new physics new physics, etc. Lol hipsters started wearing freemen glasses.

To develop just the original World Of Warcraft it costed $63 million. Considering during that 4 year time span of $200 million they made 2 expansions and had over 10 million monthly users creating high demand for servers it isn't far fetched to believe that all the money went into development and maintenance. Blizzard themselves even said it. World Of Warcraft is also full of cutscenes and voice acting. MMOs are easily the most expensive games in the industry to make. Look up the most expensive games and you'll see that it is MMOs that mostly dominate, most non MMOs only come close when you ad in their marketing budgets. It is also why you don't see as many MMOs anymore because it has become too risky with the amount of money you have to invest only for it to fail. The bare minimum you'd have to invest to create an MMO with a chance at succeeding is around $40 million dollars. That is also around the same amount of money most AAA consoles exclusives cost. It is no wonder why Star Citizen needs so much money, it is not only an MMO but one far more ambitious than the others and even non MMO games so that is a lot of development they have to do not to mention all the maintenance and content they'll have to do after initial release. Games like The Secret World, Rift, Bless Online and Final Fantasy 14 easily surpass even the biggest of console exclusives in big budgets. Star Wars The Old Republic which was the biggest budget game ($200 million) before Star Citizen is also an MMO and it had pretty high production values. Every single quest in the game has cutscenes and full voice acting so that was easily a ton of animation and voice work they have to do and some of the cutscenes were completely CGI too and not in-game.

Half Life was originally a mod too. What you were implying is that because something was a mod when it first started it out that no way could it's standalone successor evolve past it with higher production values. You claimed that the r&d was "already done". Yet they developed it on an engine different from the Warcraft 3 engine the mod uses then ported it to a more advanced one, added VR support, and several gameplay changes in comparison to its original. The R&D still isn't done because they have to keep re-balancing and continue to bring in more heroes.

DOTA 2 uses voice actors prominent in both video games and television/film. Some of them are voice actors with prominent roles for some of the biggest AAA games in the industry such as Halo, Destiny, Overwatch, Uncharted, God Of War, and Assassin's Creed. Hell one of the announcer packs is the voice actor of Rick and Morty. No way can all of that be afforded on a small budget.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

just played forza 7 on my x (4k60) and switched to RDR2 (4k30) what difference is there supposed to be now because I didn’t see any

Both gorgeous looking and smooth running games

Now I know not one single pc gamer has the option to do what I have on there rig because of its ‘not having the best games’ restrictions on its platform, but if your one of the 100’s of millions slumming it at 1080/60 on pc and pretending you got better,then buy an x or next gen console and pretend no more

Your missing out on some great games being a pc only fanboy.