Come on consoles, try to keep up. Too slow!

• 180 results
BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#1 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BassMan

Many console games run at a shit 30fps and can't even do 60fps. Not only has 60fps been standard on PC for so long, monitor refresh rates keep going higher and higher. PC gamers have been enjoying benefits of 60fps+ for many years. With more fluid motion, less input lag, and clearer image... how can consoles claim any kind of victory when they are so far behind?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I am snoring dude.

Post cliffs

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#5 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

also relevant

Loading Video...

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@BassMan: Yawn...you're as predictable and boring as Ghost.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BassMan

I love the comment at 3:34. :)

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BassMan

@with_teeth26: Good vid as well. :)

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts
@BassMan said:

Many console games run at a shit 30fps and can't even do 60fps. Not only has 60fps been standard on PC for so long, but monitor refresh rates keep going higher and higher. PC gamers have been enjoying benefits of 60fps+ for many years. With more fluid motion, less input lag, and clearer image... how can consoles claim any kind of victory when they are so far behind?

Yet you went out and bought a PS4 lmao! Was it just so you could cry in public about it?

You are a very strange individual. Do you whip yourself while playing games in 30fps to double up on the pain? lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BassMan

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Many console games run at a shit 30fps and can't even do 60fps. Not only has 60fps been standard on PC for so long, but monitor refresh rates keep going higher and higher. PC gamers have been enjoying benefits of 60fps+ for many years. With more fluid motion, less input lag, and clearer image... how can consoles claim any kind of victory when they are so far behind?

Yet you went out and bought a PS4 lmao! Was it just so you could cry in public about it?

You are a very strange individual. Do you whip yourself while playing games in 30fps to double up on the pain? lol.

Not only did I buy a PS4 for exclusives, but I bought a PS4 Pro when it came out so that it could run games better. Got to limit the pain as much as possible.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

So you are saying that 7 year old hardware is not as strong as hardware today?

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Ahmad_FJ
Member since 2019 • 14 Posts

PC is better, but consoles have exclusive games ?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BassMan

@Pedro said:

So you are saying that 7 year old hardware is not as strong as hardware today?

While that is true, the more important thing to note is that the consoles were shit right from the get go. They couldn't even run launch window games properly...

Loading Video...

Terrible.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blueinheaven
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Not only did I buy a PS4 for exclusives, but I bought a PS4 Pro when it came out so that it could run games better. Got to limit the pain as much as possible.

The Pro does nothing for framerate over standard PS4 it focuses on higher resolutions just like the X.

You're not big on researching your purchases are you?

Also, said exclusives still run at 30fps even on the Pro did nobody tell you that before you bought it? You seem to need a hell of a lot of assistance from clued up gamers to save you from yourself.

Sadly, we're too late. lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BassMan

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

The Pro does nothing for framerate over standard PS4 it focuses on higher resolutions just like the X.

Also, said exclusives still run at 30fps even on the Pro did nobody tell you that before you bought it? You seem to need a hell of a lot of assistance from clued up gamers to save you from yourself.

Wow, for real? Why would you even question me when it comes to performance and hardware? Clearly, you are clueless. If the game is bottle-necked because it is GPU bound, it stands to benefit from the extra GPU power of the Pro.

Loading Video...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@BassMan: As usual you are upset and console gamers continue to enjoy their gaming experience. The struggle is real.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Not telling me anything that I don’t already know, it’s just that I don’t really care enough about that to be a PC gamer myself. I simply prefer to do my gaming on consoles instead. I could get a gaming PC if I really wanted to however I just don’t want to right now mainly because I prefer to get my games on physical formats but also I just find console gaming to be more convenient for me.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blueinheaven
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Wow, for real? Why would you even question me when it comes to performance and hardware? Clearly, you are clueless. If the game is GPU bound, it stands to benefit from the extra GPU power of the Pro.

You're now saying GPU power alone dictates framerates? Good God. Ask yourself why PS4 exclusives on the Pro run at 30fps has it got nothing to do with the shit CPU?

Go to bed, you're drunk.

And I will question you all day every day on performance and hardware I have been a PC gamer for a very long time I am just not an arrogant confrontational elitist prick like you.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BassMan

@Pedro said:

@BassMan: As usual you are upset and console gamers continue to enjoy their gaming experience. The struggle is real.

Do you have anything to contribute to the discussion or just bullshit trolling?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@BassMan said:

You mean like this thread?

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Why would console players care? All PC has is terrible indie trash.

I don’t understand the appeal of 60fps indie game but whatever.

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ahmad_FJ

@BassMan:

What's the point in having a pc that can run 60 fps and you play counter strike or lol ?

I rather have a console that runs a 30 fps but with great exclusive games

PC is more powerful and better I agree with you

But consoles have exclusive games that are worth playing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro

@ahmad_fj: Don't worry too much about him. He complains about console gaming all the time. Same song but different day.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BassMan

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Wow, for real? Why would you even question me when it comes to performance and hardware? Clearly, you are clueless. If the game is GPU bound, it stands to benefit from the extra GPU power of the Pro.

You're now saying GPU power alone dictates framerates? Good God. Ask yourself why PS4 exclusives on the Pro run at 30fps has it got nothing to do with the shit CPU?

Go to bed, you're drunk.

And I will question you all day every day on performance and hardware I have been a PC gamer for a very long time I am just not an arrogant confrontational elitist prick like you.

Reading comprehension...

Loading Video...

example....

Loading Video...

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 with_teeth26
@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

You mean like this thread?

posting a video explaining a major advantage of PC gaming on a SW board is trolling?

most people in here just flinging poop (including yourself) since they have no reasonable counter argument

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ahmad_FJ

@Pedro:

The way I see it nothing better than the other it's all about preference, it depends on the person and his preferences

PC is better for people who streams on twitch or YouTube or any other platform...

For me I prefer the PS4 and the controller, I'm not used to the keyboard and mouse, am thinking of building a PC though but it doesn't mean I'll throw my PS, cuz there's exclusive games I have to play.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@ahmad_fj said:

@Pedro:

The way I see it nothing better than the other it's all about preference, it depends on the person and his preferences

PC is better for people who streams on twitch or YouTube or any other platform...

For me I prefer the PS4 and the controller, I'm not used to the keyboard and mouse, am thinking of building a PC though but it doesn't mean I'll throw my PS, cuz there's exclusive games I have to play.

Some people struggle with the concept of preference. Its a bit juvenile when people like OP thinks that their perspective is "correct" one when its just preference.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

144fps-240fps gameplay vs 30fps movies and QTEs.

The choice is clear

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 with_teeth26
@ahmad_fj said:

you can still use that PS4 controller with your new PC!

part of the joy of the platform is you don't have to commit to one control method (though using a controller in some competitive games will put you at a disadvantage)

having both a PS4 and a gaming PC has been an excellent combo for me this gen

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@with_teeth26 said:

posting a video explaining a major advantage of PC gaming on a SW board is trolling?

most people in here just flinging poop (including yourself) since they have no reasonable counter argument

Title:"Come on consoles, try to keep up. Too slow!"

Response:"So you are saying that 7 year old hardware is not as strong as hardware today?"

And your issue is what again?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BassMan

@Pedro said:
@ahmad_fj said:

@Pedro:

Some people struggle with the concept of preference. Its a bit juvenile when people like OP thinks that their perspective is "correct" one when its just preference.

The benefits of a higher frame rate are objective facts. If people prefer to play on shit consoles, that is fine. Not everyone cares about quality.

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ahmad_FJ

@with_teeth26:

That's what I'm planning to do, have both pc and PS

Because there's a lot of PS4 games I have to play

Like death stranding, Persona 5, Bloodborne etc...

I love playing JRPG games and lot of them are exclusive for PS that's why it's important for me to have a console

the other games I could play them on PC

PS for exclusives.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 with_teeth26
@Pedro said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Title:"Come on consoles, try to keep up. Too slow!"

Response:"So you are saying that 7 year old hardware is not as strong as hardware today?"

And your issue is what again?

the several other posts where you just whine about the TC mainly

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ahmad_FJ

@BassMan:

What about the long list of great exclusive games PC gamers can't play ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

I dont get it. PC is 90% console designed game play and need 120 frames to play a game, without crying, while console gamers are fine with just 30 or 60. PC gamers need a 90 frame handicap.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BassMan

@ahmad_fj said:

@BassMan:

What about the long list of great exclusive games PC gamers can't play ?

What long list? Exclusives are few and far between. There are far more great multi-plat games than exclusives, and those games are much better on PC. Also, the list of PC exclusives is longer than consoles. I am against exclusives anyway. All games should be enjoyed by everybody when possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#37 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

BassMan suffers from compensation issues. Do you also like to show your flashy car to your friends so that you don't feel so diminished by other shortcomings?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BassMan

@phbz said:

BassMan suffers from compensation issues. Do you also like to show your flashy car to your friends so that you don't feel so diminished by other shortcomings?

LOL, nice try. I buy nice things because I want and appreciate them. I don't buy them to impress others. Haters are gonna hate though. Always jealous and coming up with bullshit excuses like compensation issues. Just accept that some people have nice things and you don't.

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ahmad_FJ

@BassMan:

I'm against exclusives too and everyone should be be able to play any games he like whether he have a PS or Xbox or PC...

but that's how gaming companies make people buy their consoles, with exclusive games

And here's a list:

Bloodborne

Horizon Zero Dawn

Persona 5

God of war

Uncharted

The last of us

Yakuza

Upcoming games:

Death stranding

Shenmue 3

Final fantasy VII Remake

Ghost of tsushima

The last of us 2

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Pretty much, 90+ fps is needed for me to have a smooth experience. even 60 fps feels meh at this point. It's kinda funny how console games are still stuck in the 30 and maybe next generation 60 fps solution. Which both in current times feel janky as hell at this point.

The higher the better.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#42 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I couldn't care less. Console is the most comfortable gaming experience for me, anyway.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15904 Posts

I am just commenting herw for no reason.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BassMan

@ahmad_fj said:

@BassMan:

I'm against exclusives too and everyone should be be able to play any games he like whether he have a PS or Xbox or PC...

but that's how gaming companies make people buy their consoles, with exclusive games

And here's a list:

Bloodborne

Horizon Zero Dawn

Persona 5

God of war

Uncharted

The last of us

Yakuza

Upcoming games:

Death stranding

Shenmue 3

Final fantasy VII Remake

Ghost of tsushima

The last of us 2

That is a small percentage of all the popular games that people like to play. Exclusives are becoming less relevant because most of them are nothing special over other games that people make.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

Console gamers here showing they don't wanna hear 60fps is too damn funny when MS is now the one's giving console gamers the very same thing they don't care, higher framerates lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BassMan

@phbz said:

@BassMan: Shame you can't upgrade a small dick.

Do you know this from personal experience?

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ahmad_FJ

@BassMan:

That's why it's all about preference

For me I don't care about games like call of duty, battlefield, fortinte, apex, FIFA etc...

The only shooter games I play are rainbow six siege and pubg

I prefer games that has a great campaign and story telling or souls games like dark souls and bloodborne, Nioh, metal gear, God of war, death stranding...

And the most important games for me are JRPG

Persona 5, Nier automata, final fantasy.

Maybe you don't care about JRPG and campaign games so it doesn't matter for you

That's why I said it's all about preference

Maybe I play and enjoy a genre of games that you don't and the opposite...

By the way I heard PC gamers can play PlayStation exclusive games in the future you just need a PS id and a PlayStation now subscription...

But I don't know if it's true or not.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BassMan

@ahmad_fj: Most of the games you mention are on PC and far superior to the console versions. PS Now is shit though as it is a streaming service and does not host all of the major games. I still recommend buying a PS4 Pro if someone wants access to the Sony exclusives as it is the best option available. This is as a secondary platform of course.

You are right, I don't like JRPGs, but I play a wide variety of games.

Ahmad_FJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ahmad_FJ

@BassMan:

It would still be a good deal for the PC gamers

It has most of the best PS exclusives

Bloodborne, metal gear, yakuza series, the last of us, God of war series, uncharted series

Lots of ps3 and ps2 games.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

okay