Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Choose one (55 votes)

A console that only released 5 AAAA and nothing more 16%
A console that released 150 AA games 84%

Hello Gamespot, you can choose only one console to buy and its included library. Which one is more valuable to you?

• 
tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#51 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3751 Posts

@mesome713 said:

And those 5 games are 8 hours movie games that lack diversity. Hell no. I can play the movie games on Youtube and play the 150 diverse AA games on the Switch. Plus the Switch has Zelda, no game is even close to the grand scale and detail. People are still finding secrets to this day.

lolwut? BOTW has the most boring, empty open world we have ever experienced. Take away the nostalgia. Make link a different character and change the game's name, and the game gets a 7/10 everywhere. Be realistic.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#52 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@jaydan said:
@jg4xchamp said:

So effectively you are asking your 5 favorite games ever vs a 100+ games that peak at pretty good, but not great.

The 100+ would win, I'd lament not playing Re4 anymore, but yeah in the hypothetical that I know what im going to be playing is pretty good, it's not a hard decision.

If its review score shit its 100% the AA games, you couldn't pay me enough money to trust video game reviewers.

Yup. Of course fanboys think I'm referring to a specific system or brand; nope, this is a scenario of two fairy unicorn systems that only offer the games I listed, and nothing more.

A lot of System Warriors act like AAA/AAAA games are the only things worth their time. This poll to test what's really important: a system with no games but a handful of "perfect" or a system with a fully fleshed out library but they're all merely "great" games and nothing more.

Well this is SW, ya know? You're gonna get fanboys interpretation.

Me? I'll take the AA games system because those are usually still fun games. Thats all Im looking for at 50 years of age. I dont look to be moved or mind blown by games. Ive been at this hobby since 1977. I just want to be entertained. And Ive learned Im not entertained if Im in my head analyzing whether a game is a 10 or not.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@jaydan said:
@jg4xchamp said:

So effectively you are asking your 5 favorite games ever vs a 100+ games that peak at pretty good, but not great.

The 100+ would win, I'd lament not playing Re4 anymore, but yeah in the hypothetical that I know what im going to be playing is pretty good, it's not a hard decision.

If its review score shit its 100% the AA games, you couldn't pay me enough money to trust video game reviewers.

Yup. Of course fanboys think I'm referring to a specific system or brand; nope, this is a scenario of two fairy unicorn systems that only offer the games I listed, and nothing more.

A lot of System Warriors act like AAA/AAAA games are the only things worth their time. This poll to test what's really important: a system with no games but a handful of "perfect" or a system with a fully fleshed out library but they're all merely "great" games and nothing more.

Well this is SW, ya know? You're gonna get fanboys interpretation.

Me? I'll take the AA games system because those are usually still fun games. Thats all Im looking for at 50 years of age. I dont look to be moved or mind blown by games. Ive been at this hobby since 1977. I just want to be entertained. And Ive learned Im not entertained if Im in my head analyzing whether a game is a 10 or not.

That's why I keep saying change the question. AA and AAA means all anyone is gonna think about is the dumb ass journo reviews, that's 150 AA games by a landslide. Flawless victory, no one else need apply.

But you change the question to your 5 most favorite games ever, aka the shit you do think is godlike vs 150 games you only thing are good. That at least changes the dynamic a bit more. There is no investment in some rando 5 games the journos are gonna give 9s, I can easily go 0 n 5 on those. There is an invest for my 5 favorite games ever tho, I'm the type that could play those games forever.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6209 Posts

5 is too low, when you take out the games genre's that you dont like you would be left with 1-2 games which doesn't warrant the investment in the console.

The sweet spot is somewhere inbetween

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1274 Posts

I'd eventually get bored of replaying the 5, so it's gotta be the 150.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts
@mesome713 said:

And those 5 games are 8 hours movie games that lack diversity. Hell no. I can play the movie games on Youtube and play the 150 diverse AA games on the Switch. Plus the Switch has Zelda, no game is even close to the grand scale and detail. People are still finding secrets to this day.

Plus, it's all opinion. Some of the best games I've played were considered "AA".

And most of the so called "AAAA" games I've come across were not that impressive.

Which Zelda game are you referring to there, BoTW? I haven't played that yet, but the exploration sounds exciting.