Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Choose one (55 votes)

A console that only released 5 AAAA and nothing more 16%
A console that released 150 AA games 84%

Hello Gamespot, you can choose only one console to buy and its included library. Which one is more valuable to you?

• 
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39137 Posts

So this is the Sony vs Nintendo continuation?😱

When that 150 games library is full of Mario Strikers-like shovelware, i would prefer taking the 5 Magnum Opus titles, beat them and sell the system. I know my time would be worthy, and those games would be memorable. Ain't nobody got time going through a shovelware package, bro. Better watch a movie or remind tdkmillsy that he has a ps5 box.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17832 Posts

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7213 Posts

And those 5 games are 8 hours movie games that lack diversity. Hell no. I can play the movie games on Youtube and play the 150 diverse AA games on the Switch. Plus the Switch has Zelda, no game is even close to the grand scale and detail. People are still finding secrets to this day.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7313 Posts

AA games are my jam. Wider variety, focus on gameplay.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

When I read "5 AAAA games" I immediately assumed that was the switch. I chose that one because I can do PC for most everything else.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 674 Posts

The advantage that Sony has over Nintendo is that third party publishers want to release their product on the Sony console.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

So effectively you are asking your 5 favorite games ever vs a 100+ games that peak at pretty good, but not great.

The 100+ would win, I'd lament not playing Re4 anymore, but yeah in the hypothetical that I know what im going to be playing is pretty good, it's not a hard decision.

If its review score shit its 100% the AA games, you couldn't pay me enough money to trust video game reviewers.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

PC and that's all I'm saying.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

Your post seems to imply that AAA games are "quality" while AA games are "not quality" as it reflects the old saying quality, not quantity. Therefore I refuse to answer it! FLAWED QUESTION! BWAHAHA

Frankly I'd rather have five "AA" games than 150 "AAA" games.

@davillain said:

...but mostly this, too.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45235 Posts

PS5 has both so I’m good.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59067 Posts

Rather have the 150 AA games.

Generally when it comes to critics shit tons of hyperbolic time chamber going on.

Remember how this game changed humanity as we know it? How many people look back on this game now as the peak of the genre?

Loading Video...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15940 Posts

I rather play just 5 game of incredible quality than nintendo shovelware. Great too it means I can be more productive with my weekends.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23941 Posts

150 AA games. In fact, I might even take 5 AA games over 5 AAAA games. What is the track record? Since Gen 7

Dislike

• MGS4: Weakest MGS game by far. Story was insane and Gameplay was only good for the first 2 hours. There is a reason this game is overwhelmingly disliked.
  • MGS5: Fun sandbox for a while. But quickly you come to realize you need mods to make the game remotedly challenging and interesting.
  • GTA4: One of my least favorite games of all time. After this game I never wanted to play anything by Rockstar again.
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2: This game is riddled with design flaws. Ranging from the power curve, itemization, random loot and uninspired character system.
  • Elden Ring: THe less said about this game the better.

• SMG2: Excellent game, but SMG1 is a bit fresher
  • Journey: Excellent Chill Game. Highly recommended. Points for originality
  • Bayonetta 2: Weaker than the original. But still better than most action games.
  • Into The Breach: Let's be frank here. This is a blueprint for how TBT games should be done. No STINKING RNG!
  • Disco Elysium: Great Narrative. Best way to play this game is to play as a smart character adhering to whatever political ideology you oppose. Entertain yourself in the notion of such an intelligent person adhering to such nonsense.
  • Breath of the Wild: Great game, hopefully we see more open world games with actual Dwarf Fortress simulation of Physics and Chemistry.
  • Super Mario Odyssey: Great game, but a bit too bloated. SM64 was better overall.

7/12.

Meanwhile many of the games I keep returning to are games that scored an 8 on this site.

I tend to enjoy games that score a 8 on this site. The ratio is much higher than 60% at least.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8430 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Your post seems to imply that AAA games are "quality" while AA games are "not quality" as it reflects the old saying quality, not quantity. Therefore I refuse to answer it! FLAWED QUESTION! BWAHAHA

Frankly I'd rather have five "AA" games than 150 "AAA" games.

@davillain said:

...but mostly this, too.

You do not understand my question. This is a psychological question to Guage what's important to you: highly rated games but fewer, or a lot of just simply good games.

This is not any system that's out whatsoever, just a hypothetical scenario.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Maroxad
@uninspiredcup said:

Generally when it comes to critics shit tons of hyperbolic time chamber going on.

Remember how this game changed humanity as we know it? How many people look back on this game now as the peak of the genre?

Loading Video...

Gamespot used to have a list of greatest games of all time.

Pretty much every game on that list was a game that originally scored a 8. There were a few 9s and the only 10 I recall was Ocarina of Time.

The only good thing that came out of BioShock Infinite was laughing at Fox News, and Rimworld.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jaydan
@jg4xchamp said:

So effectively you are asking your 5 favorite games ever vs a 100+ games that peak at pretty good, but not great.

The 100+ would win, I'd lament not playing Re4 anymore, but yeah in the hypothetical that I know what im going to be playing is pretty good, it's not a hard decision.

If its review score shit its 100% the AA games, you couldn't pay me enough money to trust video game reviewers.

Yup. Of course fanboys think I'm referring to a specific system or brand; nope, this is a scenario of two fairy unicorn systems that only offer the games I listed, and nothing more.

A lot of System Warriors act like AAA/AAAA games are the only things worth their time. This poll to test what's really important: a system with no games but a handful of "perfect" or a system with a fully fleshed out library but they're all merely "great" games and nothing more.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69716 Posts

@jaydan said:

You do not understand my question. This is a psychological question to Guage what's important to you: highly rated games but fewer, or a lot of just simply good games.

PC gamers are very sensitive. Especially when you leave them out.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jaydan
@Pedro said:
@jaydan said:

PC gamers are very sensitive. Especially when you leave them out.

The fact people think I'm referring to any one system that currently exists. 😂 No guys. Take off your fanboy goggles, this is purely a psychological question to Guage what is important to you.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pedro

@jaydan: Change it to Console/PC. It would ease their minds.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8276 Posts

150 AA easily.

Have seen the games that score 10s? Most are walking simulators

I think uncharted 4 scored a 10 here lol

Many games that get widespread 10s don't deserve it, usually high production and barebones gameplay.

The AA games tend to be the uncut gems that do something different and take chances

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jaydan

@Pedro said:

@jaydan: Change it to Console/PC. It would ease their minds.

Cut me some slack, I wrote this Halfhazardly last night as my eyelids felt like bowling balls.

The effort it took me to make this thread before falling asleep:

"J-jusss one more thread for the night I must--*Dies*"

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

PC. The most AAA and AA each gen.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jaydan

@zaryia: You can only have one or the other, this is a scenario question.

What's more important to you: being stuck with a handful of AAAA or a bunch of AA games?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

@jaydan: I have no issue with the current poll.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3078 Posts

If the 5 games were absolutely amazing, and were my metric to judge all other games by... I would definitely buy that system. Hell, I bought the original Xbox for CE only, without ever playing another game on that specific system, and that was a great purchase to me.

But 150 lower budget games that I really like would be a great purchase too.

I would buy them both. But if I HAD to choose, I would pick the 5 amazing games. If I had to choose, solely based on reviews, I would probably go with the larger quantity. But I don't like most modern games, so I would choose neither. Just like now. I don't own any modern consoles.

Versus something like PS4, where the best thing I played was P. T. (which was killed), and the rest were basically forgettable. Besides being my Netflix box, that was a terrible purchase.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

@Maroxad: you nailed it lol. Belden ring is the biggest joke, but the gta games are pretty trash too.

I’d also take the AA and AAA games instead.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3435 Posts

150 AA would be a dream!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jaydan

@jg4xchamp: I must clarify my response to you earlier: I mean NO, not your favorite AAAA games or "five favorite games ever". You don't get to have that choice. The question is simply: will you take the system that released 5 nonspecific AAAA titles. Nothing else ever comes out on the system; no A, AA or AAA games, or less than those games. Same goes for 150 AA games, nonspecific to what games they may be, nothing more and nothing less.

The question is to test how much value we truly put into the AAAA market. Will you take only 5 AAAA games just because they're "perfect" and miss out on virtually every other game in the market, or will you take the established game library of simply good/great games.

You already answered the question so you don't have to regurgitate it, but just to clarify it's not about specific titles or your choice of what titles they should be.

For all I can tell you, none of these AAAA or AA games in question even exist. The question is purely what sways your purchase better.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Belden ring

Guy I just gotta ask. You've posted this a thousand times. What's the joke here?

Like if you said Bellend Ring haha, ok, I'd get it.

wtf is a belden tho

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ConanTheStoner

On topic, would roll the dice on the 150 AA for sure.

Hell I'd probably pick 5 AA over 5 AAAA. Being random picks, likely get more variety and gameplay focus as Judas said.

If we were going by the budgetary (actual industry) definition, absolutely rolling with the AA pick.

Seems this is about scores though? Meh, too random.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jaydan

@ConanTheStoner: I'm mostly going with the scores because that's what SW puts value in more than anything. But you are welcome to perceive AA and AAAA on a production level as well.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ConanTheStoner

@jaydan:

Ah. Yeah you probably know my opinion on scores and shite like Metacritic by now lol. Worthless.

Either definition tho, taking the 150 AA.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jaydan

@ConanTheStoner said:

@jaydan:

Ah. Yeah you probably know my opinion on scores and shite like Metacritic by now lol. Worthless.

Either definition tho, taking the 150 AA.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#35 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Loading Video...

Gamespot used to have a list of greatest games of all time.

Pretty much every game on that list was a game that originally scored a 8. There were a few 9s and the only 10 I recall was Ocarina of Time.

The only good thing that came out of BioShock Infinite was laughing at Fox News, and Rimworld.

I forgot about that lol.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

I'm fine with pretty good, it's the kind of effort I deliver as well:

The music, the sex, my job... It's all pretty good but not excellent.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8485 Posts

Good thing is both the 5AAAA s and 150 AA will be on PC, so PC!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jaydan

@pc_rocks: That's not a choice. Please understand the premise of this post.

It's a scenario poll of what sways you more.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8485 Posts

@jaydan said:

@pc_rocks: That's not a choice. Please understand the premise of this post.

It's a scenario poll of what sways you more.

I mean it's hard to say. Don't really care about scores if that's what you mean by AAAA/AA. Depends if the 5 games are what I like or the 5 in AA.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jg4xchamp

@jaydan said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Yup. Of course fanboys think I'm referring to a specific system or brand; nope, this is a scenario of two fairy unicorn systems that only offer the games I listed, and nothing more.

A lot of System Warriors act like AAA/AAAA games are the only things worth their time. This poll to test what's really important: a system with no games but a handful of "perfect" or a system with a fully fleshed out library but they're all merely "great" games and nothing more.

love how this whole thread is hung up on who the reviewers are. People use your brain once in awhile.

5 games YOU think are AAA/AAAA tier or whatevever the ****, your 5 favorite games ever. Vs 150 games you thought were pretty good not great. Go with the notion that the hypothetical implies the quality level is there, what's the answer then.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:

On topic, would roll the dice on the 150 AA for sure.

Hell I'd probably pick 5 AA over 5 AAAA. Being random picks, likely get more variety and gameplay focus as Judas said.

If we were going by the budgetary (actual industry) definition, absolutely rolling with the AA pick.

Seems this is about scores though? Meh, too random.

change the variable blud. 5 games on par with Ninja Gaiden Black vs 150 games on par with Vanquish. That 150 still winning, but you a little annoyed lol

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jaydan

@jg4xchamp: This thread is about as transparent as it gets. I have not referred to a single platform or game even once in this thread, yet people still think it's a personal attack on their platform of choice, or insist on sticking with what they already got.

That's SW for you. A scenario question clear as day still flies over heads.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ConanTheStoner

I get what your thread is about, though in fairness this muddies it a bit.

This poll to test what's really important: a system with no games but a handful of "perfect" or a system with a fully fleshed out library but they're all merely "great" games and nothing more.

As being AAAA, AAA, or AA score wise really has fuckall to do with how good game is. Makes for an easy choice.

Though if you're framing it as 5 actual excellent games vs 150 good ones (distinction varies by personal taste), it is a bit different.

Score worship (what it seems this thread is about) as opposed to perceived quality vs. quantity.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#44 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts

Wtf, the 150 games of course. Most big budget games suck ass.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Rather have 150 AAs. Most AAAAA games today are shit.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13025 Posts

Xbox has both so I’m good.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Maroxad

If this is my 5 personal comfort games. Then the question becomes way more difficult.

At which case I would still pick the 150 games. Quality may beat quantity, But I get I will probably get burnt out after a year.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

the AA option.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jaydan

@kvallyx: That is not an option, understand the premise of this poll.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

So this is the Sony vs Nintendo continuation?😱

When that 150 games library is full of Mario Strikers-like shovelware, i would prefer taking the 5 Magnum Opus titles, beat them and sell the system. I know my time would be worthy, and those games would be memorable. Ain't nobody got time going through a shovelware package, bro. Better watch a movie or remind tdkmillsy that he has a ps5 box.

What's wrong with ten farming sim games?

Loading Video...