SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

https://www.ign.com/articles/chip-shortage-drag-into-2023-ps5-xbox-series-x-gpu-supply-issues

This just plain sucks.

“ Within the last year, the chip shortage has caused strains across numerous industries including gaming. If you are hoping to easily secure a PS5, Xbox Series X/S, or RTX 30 graphics cards, it likely won't happen until 2023.”

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69529 Posts

Damn. Replacing my computer is going to cost me a mint. 😑 Ah well. 🤷‍♀️

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Good thing I got a 3070 at a decent price, and the new consoles are crap and does not interest me to go out and look for them.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SheevPalpamemes

@jasonofa36: consoles > pc currently.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I saw some 3070’s at Microcenter today. $850+. GTFO with that. I guess I’m gonna turn into a console gamer now

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7206 Posts

Good times to be a scalper.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@Pedro: Must put that Bing to work.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: Nah.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: sadly I don't have my ps5 anymore and finding a non scalped one is like looking for a unicorn. I decided to just rebuy a ps4 and wait out for the ps5 slim. I mean is there really anything worth buying it for at the moment?

Another thing to note, 2023 is right around when nintendo will probably release a mid refresh switch pro...I'm guessing it will finally reach the level of xbox one base model or the ps4. Either way, good enough. With the old ass hardware, nintendo should never needs to worry about chip shortages.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Had a ridiculous storm roll through today and all I could think was "please don't fry anything"

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38877 Posts

For how much longer will i be gpuless😭

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@Pedro: Must put that Bing to work.

I guess. 😂

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Has been said by Intel etc the same thing. Although, it is better now.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Pretty sure it's going to be longer than that. Ford still has thousands of vehicles parked in Kentucky waiting for chips.

I wouldn't expect RTX 30's too much below msrp by the time this is all over. Best wait for an inevitable crypto bust and scour Ebay.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

Computer hardware has already advanced to the point they need gimmicks to sell them. 4K, ray tracing, lmfao. You may spend $800 just to see a 1% of a 1% increase in visuals. I think gamers will be fine. Consider the scalper prices some people will undoubtedly pay for that 1% of a 1% increase in visuals at a significant reduction in frame rate a simple tax on stupid.

The real problem will be people on really old hardware that actually do need to upgrade, even to last gen stuff and cannot find the parts. It'll be the worst for them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen

@eoten said:

Computer hardware has already advanced to the point they need gimmicks to sell them. 4K, ray tracing, lmfao. You may spend $800 just to see a 1% of a 1% increase in visuals. I think gamers will be fine. Consider the scalper prices some people will undoubtedly pay for that 1% of a 1% increase in visuals at a significant reduction in frame rate a simple tax on stupid.

The real problem will be people on really old hardware that actually do need to upgrade, even to last gen stuff and cannot find the parts. It'll be the worst for them.

How the f is 4k a gimmick? I don't consider it worth it as of yet because it eats too many frames, but a gimmick? A cleaner picture is never a gimmick.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eoten

@hardwenzen: For ****'s sake. I've explained this to you and many others before ad nauseum. You have the attention span and memory capacity of a goldfish if I have to explain it to you YET AGAIN.

Video games are not still images, they exist in motion. Digital displays amplify the noticeable effects of motion blur. This is made even more noticeable by lower frame rates. 4K will NEVER be able to run as smooth as other, better resolutions. What you MIGHT gain in a very, very tiny noticeable improvement of clarity in still images you're immediately going to lose in motion blur the second the screen begins to move and change. Which as I've already established happens quite a lot in gaming. So unless you plan to play Uno and Yu-Gi-Oh for the rest of your life, an image that is sharper in motion isn't going to be 4K, it's going to be 1080P and 1440P.

There will never be any point in time in history now or ever where 4K will be smoother than 1080P or 1440P. Every new generation as we get more and more detail into games, more mechanics that require per frame calculations, better physics, we'll have lower frame rate to spare on gimmicky resolutions that provide almost no visual benefit even on still images, and loses out the to superior frame rates the second the screen moves.

4K is being pushed, rather dishonestly, by console manufacturers because if not for it, you could still play every single next gen title on your existing PS4 and XB1. There would be no reason for anyone to buy the newer consoles. 4K is being sensationalized and hype to sell hardware, not games.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@eoten said:

@hardwenzen: For ****'s sake. I've explained this to you and many others before ad nauseum. You have the attention span and memory capacity of a goldfish if I have to explain it to you YET AGAIN.

Video games are not still images, they exist in motion. Digital displays amplify the noticeable effects of motion blur. This is made even more noticeable by lower frame rates. 4K will NEVER be able to run as smooth as other, better resolutions. What you MIGHT gain in a very, very tiny noticeable improvement of clarity in still images you're immediately going to lose in motion blur the second the screen begins to move and change. Which as I've already established happens quite a lot in gaming. So unless you plan to play Uno and Yu-Gi-Oh for the rest of your life, an image that is sharper in motion isn't going to be 4K, it's going to be 1080P and 1440P.

There will never be any point in time in history now or ever where 4K will be smoother than 1080P or 1440P. Every new generation as we get more and more detail into games, more mechanics that require per frame calculations, better physics, we'll have lower frame rate to spare on gimmicky resolutions that provide almost no visual benefit even on still images, and loses out the to superior frame rates the second the screen moves.

4K is being pushed, rather dishonestly, by console manufacturers because if not for it, you could still play every single next gen title on your existing PS4 and XB1. There would be no reason for anyone to buy the newer consoles. 4K is being sensationalized and hype to sell hardware, not games.

Hi,

Are you insane? If its some hardcore drugs, i will accept it and move on with my life.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Eoten

@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:

Hi,

Are you insane? If its some hardcore drugs, i will accept it and move on with my life.

Do you have anything to add or discuss, or just bleating as usual?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@eoten: This is easily the dumbest comment I've seen in weeks, thank you 😂😆😂

Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts

@eoten:
Ehm, the bigger the screen size gets, the more wrong your "preach" is... 🙄

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:

Hi,

Your whole wall is🤦‍♂️Nothing to discuss, you're from another dimension.

tribesjah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tribesjah
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

@hardwenzen: Best Buy should have GPUs sometime next week so if you WFH it should be doable (but not guaranteed) to get one. Just subscribe to a restock Twitter. I would not bother with Amazon as those are impossible to get manually but BB is decent (that's how I got my 3070)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46324 Posts

I'll look into buying an RTX3080super next year.

If I can't buy one, eh, whatever.

Casey-Wegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Casey-Wegner
Member since 2021 • 1470 Posts

So another guaranteed two years of Switch battering the PS5 and XSX into submission?

Good times. At least this offers Cows and Lems an excuse.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Eoten

@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:
@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:

Hi,

Your whole wall is🤦‍♂️Nothing to discuss, you're from another dimension.

Which sums up about every post or thread you have ever made or created. So, I guess just more bleats from you.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Eoten
@R4gn4r0k said:

AMD will be coming out with a 6600XT to compete with Nvidia's 3060TI. If I upgrade, it'll be to that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hardwenzen

@eoten: You're the one saying that 4k is just hype🤣How stoned must you be to go this far? Talking about motion blur to justify your bs.

Like imagine thinking that when you're playing a game, all you're doing is turning the camera for that motion blur to be strong enough to hide the crispiness of a 4k picture. Have you ever heard of pressing W instead of turning the camera, buddy? Yea, it can happen in video games.

What you've said is so stupid that something tells that you haven't played anything at over 1080p (probably stuck with the Switch🤭). Do you have any idea how much of a difference 4k makes (or even 1440p for that matter) for tracking movement at long ranges in an fps? You're clueless.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#29 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

But I was told it's the best time to be a gamer.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@casey-wegner: dude Switch is selling well because it's available. Doesn't mean you have anything worthwhile to play besides Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Wii ports. Have a seat already. Switch is missing out on all major multiplats. Nintendo had to merge handheld and console market to be relevant.

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SheevPalpamemes

@eoten: I want the drugs you are on.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Eoten

@sheevpalpamemes said:

@eoten: I want the drugs you are on.

The drug is called reality, something Playstation fanboys on here don't seem too familiar with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@eoten said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

AMD will be coming out with a 6600XT to compete with Nvidia's 3060TI. If I upgrade, it'll be to that.

Well that’s why you can’t game in 4K. You keep buying low end AMD GPUs.

You claim 4K will never be as “smooth“ as 1080p of 1440p. Why even play at 1440p? It’ll never be as “smooth” as 1080p. Hell, wouldn’t that make 720p the best?

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eoten
@goldenelementxl said:
@eoten said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

You claim 4K will never be as “smooth“ as 1080p of 1440p. Why even play at 1440p? It’ll never be as “smooth” as 1080p. Hell, wouldn’t that make 720p the best?

Yeah, because it costs Nvidia considerably more money to produce a GPU at the same performance level as AMD, which is why you pay more for the same performance. Smart. Secondly, I'm pretty sure I've made it clear I prioritize high frame rate over resolution. Had you ever owned a display capable of more than 60hz, you'd know. The difference you see between 30fps and 60fps is the difference I see between 60fps and 120fps and you're never going to experience that at 4K.

I'll take crystal clear smooth AF motion over that "cinematic" nauseating motion blur any fuckin' day.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hardwenzen
@eoten said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@eoten said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah, because it costs Nvidia considerably more money to produce a GPU at the same performance level as AMD, which is why you pay more for the same performance. Smart. Secondly, I'm pretty sure I've made it clear I prioritize high frame rate over resolution. Had you ever owned a display capable of more than 60hz, you'd know. The difference you see between 30fps and 60fps is the difference I see between 60fps and 120fps and you're never going to experience that at 4K.

I'll take crystal clear smooth AF motion over that "cinematic" nauseating motion blur any fuckin' day.

The f are you on about? Where fps matters most? Competitive multiplayer. Do you max your visuals in it? No. So what makes you think i can't get 144fps in 1440p (and that's just my personal monitor, you can most certainly achieve better frames without the need of a 3090)?

You can get your "CRYSTAL CLEAR SMOOTH AF MOTION" in 1440p, unless you're using ghost's computer, nub.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@eoten said:

Yeah, because it costs Nvidia considerably more money to produce a GPU at the same performance level as AMD, which is why you pay more for the same performance.

We clearly don’t live in the same dimension. Because in the earth I’m on, AMD can’t compete with Nvidia. Has not. Is not. Will not.

AMD launches GPUs years after Nvidia and they still fall short. Every time.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Eoten

@goldenelementxl: Show me a product made by Nvidia that can compete with AMD at any price point? You can't because it costs Nvidia more money to match what AMD offers so you will always pay more for the same performance. If you don't think this is actually the case, ask Intel how that turned out.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@eoten: my (former) Vega 64 would like to have a word with you

SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SheevPalpamemes

@eoten: you’re a bad troll.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#41  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts

@eoten: When running at the same frame rate, 2160p > 1440p > 1080p. This is a fact. There is nothing to argue. Sure, it is easier to run lower resolutions, but that is why they release a wide range of GPUs. For those fortunate enough to have a high end GPU, they are not bothering with 1080p unless they are running a 240hz or 360hz monitor for competitive gaming. Personally, I have a RTX 3080 that drives a 3440x1440/120hz G-Sync monitor and a 4K/120hz G-Sync OLED TV. I also have a 1440p/144hz G-Sync monitor that I got in 2014. I haven't played at 1080p on my main rig in a long time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hardwenzen
@sheevpalpamemes said:

@eoten: you’re a bad troll.

Agreed. God awful troll this eoten guy is. Must be living in 2010 telling himself that anything over 1080p is completely useless (cuz you know, back then it was actually hard to achieve at high frames).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@BassMan said:

@eoten: When running at the same frame rate, 2160p > 1440p > 1080p. This is a fact.

His AMD GPUs struggle at higher resolutions, so he’s convinced himself that higher resolutions are bad. While ignoring damn near every benchmark that shows Nvidia clearly in the lead generation after generation. And things like raytracing and DLSS are just gimmicks because AMD can’t compete there either…

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hardwenzen
@tribesjah said:

@hardwenzen: Best Buy should have GPUs sometime next week so if you WFH it should be doable (but not guaranteed) to get one. Just subscribe to a restock Twitter. I would not bother with Amazon as those are impossible to get manually but BB is decent (that's how I got my 3070)

At this point i am trying to get one directly from EVGA. Signed up for their reminder tingy, so just waiting on their restock and hope i don't get destroyed by customs since i am in Canada. Canadacomputers had this 3070ti for $799CAD a few days ago, and i missed😖

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#45  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:
@BassMan said:

@eoten: When running at the same frame rate, 2160p > 1440p > 1080p. This is a fact.

His AMD GPUs struggle at higher resolutions, so he’s convinced himself that higher resolutions are bad. While ignoring damn near every benchmark that shows Nvidia clearly in the lead generation after generation. And things like raytracing and DLSS are just gimmicks because AMD can’t compete there either…

The funniest thing of all is that he talks about how much he hates blur, but shits on DLSS. DLSS is amazing because it overrides TAA and you don't get that nasty TAA blur in motion.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2936 Posts

Damn. The only good news is that by the time PS5 is finally widely available, Sony might already have released a slim version. How I hope.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Are you guys actually trying to have a rational debate with Eoten? Oh my naive friends...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pedro

Any recommendations for pre-built machines?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

I'm really glad I got my Alienware M15 R3, I decided to skip out on Ampere and wait for Lovelace but it seems even that will suffer from GPU shortages.