Capcom sure does know how to get fanboys worked up.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts

they first said Devil May Cry 4 will be a PlayStation 3 exclusive, then made it a multi-platform game.

now Lost Planet, even with the "Only on Xbox 360" logo, just less than 3 months, they announce the game for PC and I wont be surprised if they announce a PlayStation 3 version.

seriously, capcom should stop lying about exclusives, they did with RE 4 for Gamecube, I remember when the RE 4 creator said "if the game(RE 4) goes to PS2, he will remove his head" but what happened, it came to PS2, same with Devil May Cry 4 and now Lost Planet.

Personally I think its a good thing by going multi-platform on all their games but they should stop lying about exclusivity. 

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
hmm so Lost Planet is shoing signs of being multiplat - cool ...
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Capcom won't be making many exclusives from now on. They've been suffering in profits for the last few years and they recently had to shut down Clover studios. Their old series aren't selling as well anymore either (DMC and RE have dropped significantly).

Out of all their announced games the only one I want is RE5. 

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xxThyLordxx

hmm so Lost Planet is showing signs of being multiplat - cool ...choasgod

showing signs? it is a multi-platform game, they have announced a PC port. 

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I dislike Lost Planet. Dead Rising is better.

DMC4 I don't care for.

Capcom = Ok but not great.

Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

hmm so Lost Planet is shoing signs of being multiplat - cool ...choasgod

Yea. Its going ON PC AS WELL. thats not very big.... Computers pretty much are exclusive with 360.... imo 

o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Member since 2006 • 1307 Posts

capcoms thinking:

Money>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

what goods an amazing exclusive on a small userbase when they can put them on more formats and make more money. They are a business not in it to make friends but to make money people should get this through to their heads GAMES COMPANIES DONT LIKE YOU 

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xxThyLordxx

[QUOTE="choasgod"]hmm so Lost Planet is shoing signs of being multiplat - cool ...Virus214

Yea. Its going ON PC AS WELL. thats not very big.... Computers pretty much are exclusive with 360.... imo

why do people keep saying that? PC and X360 are totally different. e.g. Gears of War has sold 4 million so far, if it was both on X360 and PC, the X360 version it wont have sold 4 million, and people who bought X360 just to play Gears of War, wont have bought an X360, which does not help X360 market share.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

why do people keep saying that? PC and X360 are totally different. e.g. Gears of War has sold 4 million so far, if it was both on X360 and PC, the X360 version it wont have sold 4 million, and people who bought X360 just to play Gears of War, wont have bought an X360, which does not help X360 market share.

xxThyLordxx

But it help's Microsoft.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xxThyLordxx
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

Truth_Hurts_U

yes and no. its 50/50. dont you know that sharing games with PC was one of the reasons the original xbox main problems.

its best games Halo, KOTOR, Morrowind etc were all on PC. which effected Xbox market share.

also, you need hardware and software, to play PC games. if I want to play Crysis, I would have to buy a PC e.g. Dell, HP, Sony etc and Microsoft OS. therefore everyone makes money. 

But it help's Microsoft.

Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts

Well, it does make sense for them, financially. I'd be happy to see most, if not all of their games on multiple systems if it means that they'll still be able to make new ones. Better multi-plat than the company packing up shop. I'd quite like to see Dead Rising and Lost Planet on the PS3 eventually. 

On a side note, crying shame about Clover, I loved Viewtiful Joe, Okami and God Hand :(

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

seriously, capcom should stop lying about exclusives, they did with RE 4 for Gamecube, I remember when the RE 4 creator said "if the game(RE 4) goes to PS2, he will remove his head" but what happened, it came to PS2, same with Devil May Cry 4 and now Lost Planet.

xxThyLordxx

DMC4 and Lost Planet are coming to PS2?

Are you sure about that :P

MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MorisUkunRasik
Member since 2006 • 1511 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

Mass_Effect

DMC4 and Lost Planet are coming to PS2?

Are you sure about that :P

it'd be smart PS2 has the largest isntall base, and with all that talk about install base taht capcom has been spewing I wouldn't be surprised if it got released on a console that is in 100 million homes 

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

PC game sales don't help Microsoft. It just doesn't hurt them.

It only "helps" them in the PC market if they publish the game. Which they might be doing with Lost Planet, though I doubt it. People try and act like Microsoft owns PC gaming though..it doesn't. Microsoft doesn't get a penny out of the successes or failure of PC game sales, outside games published by their game studio or their operating system sales, which technically can't even be attributed to PC gaming.

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

it'd be smart PS2 has the largest isntall base, and with all that talk about install base taht capcom has been spewing I wouldn't be surprised if it got released on a console that is in 100 million homes 

MorisUkunRasik

The PS2 is not in 100 million different homes

MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MorisUkunRasik
[QUOTE="MorisUkunRasik"]

Mass_Effect

either way its in an assload of homes, more than the 360, ps3 and wii combined. You can throw the ds and psp in there too. 

demoralizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 demoralizer
Member since 2002 • 2023 Posts

oh noes :o Capcoms wants to make money, run for the hills!

sjla2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sjla2k5
Member since 2004 • 334 Posts
[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"][QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

xxThyLordxx

yes and no. its 50/50. dont you know that sharing games with PC was one of the reasons the original xbox main problems.

its best games Halo, KOTOR, Morrowind etc were all on PC. which effected Xbox market share.

also, you need hardware and software, to play PC games. if I want to play Crysis, I would have to buy a PC e.g. Dell, HP, Sony etc and Microsoft OS. therefore everyone makes money.

But it help's Microsoft.

There doing this because it has a large online community, and with Windows Vista, PC and 360 gamers will all be able to play each other, thats why you will see alot og games coming out for the 360 and the PC. 

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts
[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"][QUOTE="MorisUkunRasik"]

MorisUkunRasik

either way its in an assload of homes, more than the 360, ps3 and wii combined. You can throw the ds and psp in there too.

but if you look at game sales few ps2 games make it into the top 10 despite being some of the best titles the ps2 has to offer.  The top 10 is almost dominated by Wii, 360, and DS games.

FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
I do not dislike Capcom even one bit for it. They still make incredible games. They are not EA.
Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
Lost Planet will probably be craptacular like DMC 3 and RE 4 were on the PC.

Core0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Core0
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts

Lost Planet will probably be craptacular like DMC 3 and RE 4 were on the PC.
Supafly1
It is very, very unlikely.

Try reading through this: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/46548

Mouseaim, customizable controls, 360 controller support are all in. And then just look at the comparison screenshots. It all makes me sooo glad I didn't buy Lost Planet for 360 back then. 

MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MorisUkunRasik
[QUOTE="MorisUkunRasik"][QUOTE="Mass_Effect"][QUOTE="MorisUkunRasik"]

jrhawk42

but if you look at game sales few ps2 games make it into the top 10 despite being some of the best titles the ps2 has to offer. The top 10 is almost dominated by Wii, 360, and DS games.

ps2 titles have been some of the highest grossing, the last major release was GOW2 and before that it was maybe final fantasy.Â