Capcom : Graphics that break down the barrier between games and movies

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts

Capcom Investor Relations, in its Annual Report talks about Resident Evil 5.

*Resident Evil 5 offers the players a movie-like experience by allowing them to
develop their own plot.

*CAPCOM's strategy is to make this game available to as
many users as possible around the world without relying
on a specific platform (game console). To this end,
"Resident Evil 5" has been made available to Xbox 360
and PlayStation 3, allowing for dramatically advanced
graphics. Its development has fully utilized CAPCOM's
original developmental tool "MT Framework", which facilitates
multi-platform game development and has made it
possible to cut development time and transfer costs as
well as efficiently utilize our human resources.

*In addition to developing tools, we have also strengthened
our game development structure. As more than 400
people including company employees and outside contractors
are working on this particular title.

*Our belief while developing "Resident Evil 5" was that no
detail was too small when it came to graphics. Our determination
to achieve more realistic effects than ever led
us to Hollywood where we had our material shots filmed
to serve as the base for the 3DCG.

*I believe that this game, when finished, will astound
users with the quality of its unprecedented graphics. Our
hope is that "Resident Evil 5", when it is released, will be
the ultimate culmination of the series by breaking down
the barrier between movies and games.

*The user experiences terror that feels real while playing.

*This title takes full advantage of high-performance
platforms, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Cows and lemmings stop fighting about KZ2 and Gears 2 graphics because both games are going to be owned by RESIDENT EVIL 5.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

awesome stuff

and yeah I agree:P

tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
It doesn't look like it will do so good. It might be to scary to play now.
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
The more we try to make our games like Hollywood movies the more obvious it becomes that games are in no way like movies.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
Good luck trying to top Metal Gear, but I am looking forward to RE5 Big Time, regardless that since RE4, it has become a different series. That's okay, it's fun, and Me likey.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
The more we try to make our games like Hollywood movies the more obvious it becomes that games are in no way like movies. Locke562

And the more we try to make them real, the more obvious it becomes that reality is a hoax.
Have You ever looked at the clouds in paintings? They look really fake, all of them. Then look up at the sky, and You see they look real fake in reality as well.

:D
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19584 Posts

Our hope is that "Resident Evil 5", when it is released, will be the ultimate culmination of the series by breaking down the barrier between movies and games.

MojondeVACA

Am I the only one who interprets that as "we're putting in a ton of Quick Time Events"?

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts
from what was shown in gameplay vids, there is no denying that RE5 is visually amazing... can't wait till this game gets released...
Veterngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Veterngamer
Member since 2007 • 2037 Posts

Good luck trying to top Metal Gear, but I am looking forward to RE5 Big Time, regardless that since RE4, it has become a different series. That's okay, it's fun, and Me likey.SolidTy

LOL this never stops being hilarious, there are several games out now that make MGS look like a Launch Title. Okay maybe thats an exaggeration... but take the fanboy goggles off and you'll see MGS's visuals are not that special.... in fact in places its down right ugly.

ITS A YOU!:

moo.jpg

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MojondeVACA
Good luck trying to top Metal Gear, but I am looking forward to RE5 Big Time, regardless that since RE4, it has become a different series. That's okay, it's fun, and Me likey.SolidTy

If you mean graphics,RE5 already surpassed and stomped MGS4 in that departmen,but if u're talking about a cinematic experience that is debatable and i dont care anyways,i just wanna play the game with great gameplay and graphics.
fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fiercedeity901
Member since 2005 • 6291 Posts
[QUOTE="Locke562"]The more we try to make our games like Hollywood movies the more obvious it becomes that games are in no way like movies. KungfuKitten

And the more we try to make them real, the more obvious it becomes that reality is a hoax.
Have You ever looked at the clouds in paintings? They look really fake, all of them. Then look up at the sky, and You see they look real fake in reality as well.

that's is some twilight zone **** right there man
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]Good luck trying to top Metal Gear, but I am looking forward to RE5 Big Time, regardless that since RE4, it has become a different series. That's okay, it's fun, and Me likey.Veterngamer

LOL this never stops being hilarious, there are several games out now that make MGS look like a Launch Title. Okay maybe thats an exaggeration... but take the fanboy goggles off and you'll see MGS's visuals are not that special.... in fact in places its down right ugly.

ITS A YOU!:

moo.jpg

lol......at calling SolidTy a cow you may want to post more before calling people fanboys

Anyways you missed the point it is not the graphics. It is the fact that MGS is the closest movie/game on the market right now. That is what is being compared.

Would any disagree that MGS is the closest movie/game on the market right now?

deuce85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deuce85
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

Cows and lemmings stop fighting about KZ2 and Gears 2 graphics because both games are going to be owned by RESIDENT EVIL 5. MojondeVACA

Amen.

RE is my favorite franchise next to MGS.

I'm stoked.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="Locke562"]The more we try to make our games like Hollywood movies the more obvious it becomes that games are in no way like movies. fiercedeity901

And the more we try to make the games real, the more obvious it becomes that reality is a hoax.
Have You ever looked at the clouds in paintings? All of them look really fake. Then look up at the sky, and You see they look fake in reality as well.

that's is some twilight zone **** right there man

It's like getting high without drugs.
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]Good luck trying to top Metal Gear, but I am looking forward to RE5 Big Time, regardless that since RE4, it has become a different series. That's okay, it's fun, and Me likey.Veterngamer

ITS A YOU!:

moo.jpg

On the contrary. He's simply stating that Metal Gear Solid 4 is the game most like a movie on the market today. Good job though.

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts
Can't wait for this game. So glad they announced co-op. There shall be many late night co-op runs!
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SolidTy
[QUOTE="Veterngamer"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]Good luck trying to top Metal Gear, but I am looking forward to RE5 Big Time, regardless that since RE4, it has become a different series. That's okay, it's fun, and Me likey.HarlockJC

LOL this never stops being hilarious, there are several games out now that make MGS look like a Launch Title. Okay maybe thats an exaggeration... but take the fanboy goggles off and you'll see MGS's visuals are not that special.... in fact in places its down right ugly.PIC

lol......at calling SolidTy a cow you may want to post more before calling people fanboys

Anyways you missed the point it is not the graphics. It is the fact that MGS is the closest movie/game on the market right now. That is what is being compared.

Would any disagree that MGS is the closest movie/game on the market right now?

HOLY MOLY! LOL.

YOu understood that's what I was talking about, as the TOPIC is about Movie/Games. Boy, some of these fanboys just read what they want to read. I hope RE5 takes the Movie crown, but good luck, it's tough to beat, in a movie/game sense.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidTy
[QUOTE="Veterngamer"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]Good luck trying to top Metal Gear, but I am looking forward to RE5 Big Time, regardless that since RE4, it has become a different series. That's okay, it's fun, and Me likey.Locke562

PIC

On the contrary. He's simply stating that Metal Gear Solid 4 is the game most like a movie on the market today. Good job though.

Locke and Harlock got my meaning, The Lock(e)s have it! :)

Vetern, I expect better from you, My guess is you didn't read the TC's post regarding Capcom's New Vision.

I was merely talking about Movie/Games. I also think it would be amazing if RE5 could beat out MGS4, but I think it's a long shot, as Kojima is a Huge Movie Buff, and he has had A LOT of practice to get MGS4 set as that Movie/Game type of game.

That being said, I love the RE series, have every single one, and even though RE4 was a departure for the series, I think it was a good one, and this one seems even cooler now with the TC's Post revealing some new insight into RE5.

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MojondeVACA
[QUOTE="Locke562"][QUOTE="Veterngamer"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]Good luck trying to top Metal Gear, but I am looking forward to RE5 Big Time, regardless that since RE4, it has become a different series. That's okay, it's fun, and Me likey.SolidTy

PIC

Vetern, I expect better from you, My guess is you didn't read the TC's post regarding Capcom's New Vision.

I was merely talking about Movie/Games. I also think it would be amazing if RE5 could beat out MGS4, but I think it's a long shot, as Kojima is a Huge Movie Buff, and he has had A LOT of practice to get MGS4 set as that Movie/Game type of game.

That being said, I love the RE series, have every single one, and even though RE4 was a departure for the series, I think it was a good one, and this one seems even cooler now with the TC's Post revealing some new insight into RE5.

I have more news if you want,but most of them spoilers.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"][QUOTE="Locke562"][QUOTE="Veterngamer"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]Good luck trying to top Metal Gear, but I am looking forward to RE5 Big Time, regardless that since RE4, it has become a different series. That's okay, it's fun, and Me likey.MojondeVACA

PIC

I have more news if you want,but most of them spoilers.

I love the Interviews, and Concepts, but No spoilers for me, I have avoided all info regarding Gameplay/Story for these games for quite awhile :

Geow 2

RE5

Fable II

Resistance 2

StrongBad II.

For the big games, I go into a Underground mode, so the day I buy it, I get that surprised look on my face, etc. MGS4 was better because I did that, Halo 3 was more fun because I did that, ZELDA : TP was incredibly fun because I did that. I started sometime this generation, I guess.

I really love the surprises story wise, but if you got Interviews, and New Ideas, dude let them rip. Infact let it all rip, just hide the spoiler content.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HarlockJC

HOLY MOLY! LOL.

YOu understood that's what I was talking about, as the TOPIC is about Movie/Games. Boy, some of these fanboys just read what they want to read. I hope RE5 takes the Movie crown, but good luck, it's tough to beat, in a movie/game sense.

SolidTy

I don't know what I think of the whole movie/game idea yet. On one side you got better story lines then on the other hand if there are too many movie clips the game can get upsetting. There were points in MGS4 where you would really get into the game only to get another clip. Some parts I did not mind others were drawn out. I don't know if I would like to play another game with has many clips or has long clips as MGS4. I really do enjoy storylines though. So I don't know, but I just don't want to see it getting over done and bogging down a game.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

HOLY MOLY! LOL.

HarlockJC

I don't know what I think of the whole movie/game idea yet. On one side you got better story lines then on the other hand if there are too many movie clips the game can get upsetting. There were points in MGS4 where you would really get into the game only to get another clip. Some parts I did not mind others were drawn out. I don't know if I would like to play another game with has many clips or has long clips as MGS4. I really do enjoy storylines though. So I don't know, but I just don't want to see it getting over done and bogging down a game.

You are right, I DO NOT Want to see them all over the place in every game.

I look at MGS4, as a Kind of Star Wars Trilogy, Lord of the Rings Trilogy kind of way.

You have to be in the mood, it's really big, but entertaining once you are done.

On the other hand, If I have plans, I'm waiting for a phone call, I only have a couple of hours, MGS4 IS NOT what I would play.

I would turn on my Wii and finish one of my VC games, like STORMLORD, or play Pacman C.E. on 360...maybe even play a little Halo 3/Battlefield/Warhawk Online.

These Movie Hybrid Games need to have very entertaining Storylines, or it will completely ruin the experience. I think I got turned on to these from Final Fantasy 7, I don't know.

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts
after seeing the cutscenes in RE4, RE5 shouldn't have any problems
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

HOLY MOLY! LOL.

SolidTy

You are right, I DO NOT Want to see them all over the place in every game.

I look at MGS4, as a Kind of Star Wars Trilogy, Lord of the Rings Trilogy kind of way.

You have to be in the mood, it's really big, but entertaining once you are done.

On the other hand, If I have plans, I'm waiting for a phone call, I only have a couple of hours, MGS4 IS NOT what I would play.

I would turn on my Wii and finish one of my VC games, like STORMLORD, or play Pacman C.E. on 360...maybe even play a little Halo 3/Battlefield/Warhawk Online.

These Movie Hybrid Games need to have very entertaining Storylines, or it will completely ruin the experience. I think I got turned on to these from Final Fantasy 7, I don't know.

FF and many other JRPGs do not normally over do it with clips.

Here is my fear. I think we all know gaming is getting "I really hate to say it this way" dumbed down for the new market. There are reasons behind this but that would take a whole thread to explain and more time than I have.

So to target this new market a number of companies IMO are going to make more and more movie/games. Then because they are going to cost so much to make your going to get more Heavenly Sword short st-y-le games. I think these st-y-le will be more appealing to the new st-y-le gamers. All this is my opinion, but I just have this fear 5 years from now most games will be less than 10 hours long with half of the game being movie clips.

come on gamespot why is the word st-y-le edited

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Mad_Rhetoric-
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]Good luck trying to top Metal Gear, but I am looking forward to RE5 Big Time, regardless that since RE4, it has become a different series. That's okay, it's fun, and Me likey.MojondeVACA

If you mean graphics,RE5 already surpassed and stomped MGS4 in that departmen,but if u're talking about a cinematic experience that is debatable and i dont care anyways,i just wanna play the game with great gameplay and graphics.

RE5 not only stomps it in graphics, but also in the sheer amount of enemies/activity on screen
WhenTheTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WhenTheTwoFace
Member since 2008 • 1017 Posts

develop their own plot.

Cows and lemmings stop fighting about KZ2 and Gears 2 graphics because both games are going to be owned by RESIDENT EVIL 5.

MojondeVACA

No, no, no. That's what they said about MGS 4, as well. KZ 2 and Gears of War 2 will crush RE 5.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
Games have a long way. Forget breaking down the graphic barriers... the writing, acting, direction, cinematography and overall quality of story execution of a game is usually worse than a poorly done made for tv movie, let alone a big budget Hollywood production or a quality indie flick. Lets try to break down some of the barriers that actually matter rather than more bloom and particle effects.
MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MojondeVACA
[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]

develop their own plot.

WhenTheTwoFace

No, no, no. That's what they said about MGS 4, as well. KZ 2 and Gears of War 2 will crush RE 5.

KZ2 and Gears2 dont hold a candle agains RE5 graphics.
WhenTheTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WhenTheTwoFace
[QUOTE="WhenTheTwoFace"][QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]

develop their own plot.

MojondeVACA

KZ 2 and GeoW2's graphics surpass its, realize it.

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MojondeVACA
[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]Good luck trying to top Metal Gear, but I am looking forward to RE5 Big Time, regardless that since RE4, it has become a different series. That's okay, it's fun, and Me likey.-Mad_Rhetoric-

RE5 not only stomps it in graphics, but also in the sheer amount of enemies/activity on screen

Yes thats crazy there is like 30 enemies at once coming after you or even more sometimes.
MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MojondeVACA
[QUOTE="MojondeVACA"][QUOTE="WhenTheTwoFace"][QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]

develop their own plot.

WhenTheTwoFace

Probably in bizzaro world.
WhenTheTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WhenTheTwoFace
[QUOTE="WhenTheTwoFace"][QUOTE="MojondeVACA"][QUOTE="WhenTheTwoFace"][QUOTE="MojondeVACA"]

develop their own plot.

MojondeVACA

Probably in bizzaro world.

We'll see once released, then we'll see who's living in bizzaro world.

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MojondeVACA

WhenTheTwoFace

Well dont come with excuses later,and BTW this

>>>>>>> KZ2 and Gears 2.
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Mad_Rhetoric-

IMO RE5 has slightly better graphics

Gears of war is known to have framerate dips, texture pop in , and only has 8 enemies on screen at once (and don't tell me about the hundreds of locust in the first GP traile cuz can't interact with them)

not to mention that RE5 has the edge with art style

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MojondeVACA

Gears of war is known to have framerate dips, texture pop in , and only has 8 enemies on screen at once (and don't tell me about the hundreds of locust in the first GP traile cuz can't interact with them)

-Mad_Rhetoric-

I agree but in gears 2 u can kill all those enemies,watch the gameplay trailers u will see.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

The first statement alone is ironic.

"*CAPCOM's strategy is to make this game available to as
on a specific platform (game console)."

Wii, the console with the largest demographic, isn't even getting the game.

As for RE5 itself, all I will say is RE4.5 -- I'm not excited for it. Little to no improvements over RE4 and RE4 didn't have the fear factor the old ones did and RE5 looks like it'll have even less of a fear factor.

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Mad_Rhetoric-

The first statement alone is ironic.

"*CAPCOM's strategy is to make this game available to as
on a specific platform (game console)."

Wii, the console with the largest demographic, isn't even getting the game.

As for RE5 itself, all I will say is RE4.5 -- I'm not excited for it. Little to no improvements over RE4 and RE4 didn't have the fear factor the old ones did and RE5 looks like it'll have even less of a fear factor.

Haziqonfire

RE5 needs nex gen hardware, hence why Capcom made unbrella chonicles exclusive for wii

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 haziqonfire

RE5 needs nex gen hardware, hence why Capcom made unbrella chonicles exclusive for wii

-Mad_Rhetoric-

It doesn't need 'next gen' graphics, its because people saw RE4 as a graphical achievement so they are expecting the same from RE5.

Honestly, RE5 could be done on the Wii with downgraded graphics, its not hard.

Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts
I think RE5 will flop........ok maybe flop is such a harsh term more like it won't live up to RE4's critical reception. RE5 won't feel like a fresh experience. It don't look like it made the jump to current generation standards; there are too many recycled animations from RE4, and the physics are terrible. It's more of the same.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 haziqonfire
I think RE5 will flop........ok maybe flop is such a harsh term more like it won't live up to RE4's critical reception. RE5 won't feel like a fresh experience. It don't look like it made the jump to current generation standards; there are too many recycled animations from RE4, and the physics are terrible. It's more of the same.dark-warmachine

I'm glad I'm not alone..
hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hyperboy152000
Member since 2003 • 4815 Posts

ITS A YOU!:

moo.jpg

i think he simply ment from a story perspective

Avatar image for deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8
deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts
After seeing the comparison of RE4 to RE5, I think Capcom is reaching here. It doesn't look like that great an improvement. Not to say it looks bad but by rule of thumb, multi-plats don't hold a candle to exclusives. So much time would have to go to having an identical performance on both systems that Capcom wouldn't have time to apply the polish that first party devs and third party exclusives do. I'll believe it when I see it.
WhenTheTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WhenTheTwoFace
[QUOTE="WhenTheTwoFace"]

MojondeVACA

Well dont come with excuses later,and BTW this

>>>>>>> KZ2 and Gears 2.

KZ 2 and Gears of War 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>^10 billion RE 5.

WhenTheTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WhenTheTwoFace
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]

MojondeVACA

I agree but in gears 2 u can kill all those enemies,watch the gameplay trailers u will see.

Uuu, owned.

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -Mad_Rhetoric-
I think RE5 will flop........ok maybe flop is such a harsh term more like it won't live up to RE4's critical reception. RE5 won't feel like a fresh experience. It don't look like it made the jump to current generation standards; there are too many recycled animations from RE4, and the physics are terrible. It's more of the same.dark-warmachine
thats ironic because you could say the same thing about GoW2, it looks the same, and has the same animations, just in a different location
J0k3rs_Ac3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 J0k3rs_Ac3
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts
I can't wait for this. Sounds awesome
Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts

[QUOTE="dark-warmachine"]I think RE5 will flop........ok maybe flop is such a harsh term more like it won't live up to RE4's critical reception. RE5 won't feel like a fresh experience. It don't look like it made the jump to current generation standards; there are too many recycled animations from RE4, and the physics are terrible. It's more of the same.-Mad_Rhetoric-
thats ironic because you could say the same thing about GoW2, it looks the same, and has the same animations, just in a different location

Yea but what system is RE5 on? Both current gen system offer alot more than the ps2, so I expect more from RE5. Anyway the gameplay in RE4 wasn't even all that great, so there's room for improvements.

I'm hoping you were talking about God of War 2 and not Gear2, otherwise my response wouldn't make much sense.

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Mad_Rhetoric-

[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"][QUOTE="dark-warmachine"]I think RE5 will flop........ok maybe flop is such a harsh term more like it won't live up to RE4's critical reception. RE5 won't feel like a fresh experience. It don't look like it made the jump to current generation standards; there are too many recycled animations from RE4, and the physics are terrible. It's more of the same.dark-warmachine

Yea but what system is RE5 on? Both current gen system offer alot more than the ps2, so I expect more from RE5. Anyway the gameplay in RE4 wasn't even all that great, so there's room for improvements.

I'm hoping you were talking about God of War 2 and not Gear2, otherwise my response wouldn't make much sense.

no im talking about gears of war
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts

I don't care to compare pixel to pixel of MGS4 vs GOW2 vs RE5...all I know is if I had seen these graphics when I was a kid my head would have instantly exploded...graphics now are better than the box art of the 80s...I am just still in awe over the past 3 years of advancements.

On topic my concern about games and movies blurring is I definitely don't want to see that become the norm. I don't mind a cinematic game but I also want my fair share of Puzzle Quests, Castle Crashers, Geom Wars etc still too.