Can Wii U survive the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Well it doesn't look good, that's for sure. I mean it is doing bad now and the PS4 and X1 hasn't even released yet. It's only going to go downhill from here on out for the Wii U. At least Nintendo still has the 3DS.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

From the poll I initially saw when loading up everyone's favorite video game polling website

They continuously put out good polls, and more often than not I'll see one that I would like to hear discussed. What say you System Wars? How well does the Wii U survive the launch of the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One?

_____

Facts in order to provide more accurate discussion

• Nintendo has shipped 3.91 million Wii Us as of Sept 30, 2013
  • Wii U sales almost doubled in the last quarter

• Wii U sales rise 200 percent after price cut

With PS4 and XBONE hard to find this holiday season many will be wowed by 3D World and purchase a Wii U.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17683 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5: What are you talking about? The Dreamcast had an amazing launch with a variety of great games in different genres. I can't think of another launch that burned such a hole in my pocket as the DC did.

OT, Nintendo has billions in the bank. The Wii U sales will greatly pick up this holiday and after but I believe Sony and MS will easily eclipse its numbers by a huge margin.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

It can if the price goes to 250 and it gets better 3rd party support. Right now you would be a fool to buy one as it has not sold 5 million in almost a full year.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

All the multiplats are still on last gen systems. People have no reason to upgrade. Wii U wins.

the-lone-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 the-lone-gamer
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts

uhh its barely surviving now as it is, even with the year head start.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

Yup

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44643 Posts

can consumers survive a black friday with these things on the shelves?

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@RimacBugatti said:

Now if Sega were to say partner with Nintendo and develop a new Dreamcast than Nintendo would pick back up.

Dreamcast, now THERE is a system people are too damn nostalgic over. That system was a disaster for Sega and should be looked at as a "what not to do" when launching a console.

Such as launching at a reasonable price point, being at the forefront of new tech (built-in console online play), and having almost nothing but amazing and innovative software? Yeah, no one should ever do that again.

Dreamcast was doing just fine until Sony blew their doors off with most people's first DVD player.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

It will be fine against the launches.

I really do hope it gets some modest sales going over the next few months. I have grown attached to the little thing honestly.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Dreamcast had something that these launches lack most of all and that's variety. All we have now is fps for the most part. If Dreamcast would have had a DVD player than things would have turned out much different I believe. In my opinion I think since Sega and Nintendo know what's being offered that if Sega tried it again I think they would have a chance. If I had the money to invest in Sega I would definitely consider investing in them to design a new console. And since people are concerned with how the console looks Sega owns that category for sure.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts

I don't see things getting much better, but it will be around for awhile, and do see them at least seeing a decent bump in sales with SM3DW, and than sales on a steady increase after Mario Kart, and Smash. It won't do as well as the Wii or even PS3, but it will do well enough to continue for at least a half a decade.