Can we all agree that the PC is....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts

Can we all agree the PC is the best platform for gaming on but doesn't have the best games?

I mean it's obvious with the PC's superior graphics, mods, community etc makes it theoretically the best platform to game on by a long way but when we look at the games we see that consoles have more AAAA, AAA games. Hermits can yell STANDARDS all they want which is fair enough butonly to the extent that multiplats with superior graphics, frames per sec etc recieve the same score as the console version, not the popular MGS4 = 8.0 MAX ON PC!!!

A good show of this is that PC hasn't had GOTY since 2004 (WOW), an award which obviously doesn't have standards because all games are put in direct competition with each other, not relative to the systems they are on but the other games. PC gamers can say PC has more AA, A etc but TBHme and most othersprobably only play arounf20 games a year max and I want these games to be very good, not just have 50 or so good games.

The PC has a narrower range of genres then consoles and while it does havemore niche games, the big budget, high scoring titles are generally from a narrow range.

Of course which platform has better games comes down to opinions but the scores and logic show consoles have better games than the PC.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

I won't agree the PC is the best platform for gaming, because I don't like gaming on a PC. Why do people over here want to turn personal opinions into facts? Someone may like the PC best for gaming, another one might like consoles best. Graphics don't make a platform the best, add-ons don't make a platform the best, games do. Most of my favorite games I can't play on a PC. That's why I can't agree it's the best gaming platform.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gamebreakerz__

I won't agree the PC is the best platform for gaming, because I don't like gaming on a PC. Why do people over here want to turn personal opinions into facts? Someone may like the PC best for gaming, another one might like consoles best.

waltefmoney
So it would be bad if your console was given the ability to run mods, have better graphics and be 100% backwards compatible? That would be awful :roll:
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

I won't agree the PC is the best platform for gaming, because I don't like gaming on a PC. Why do people over here want to turn personal opinions into facts? Someone may like the PC best for gaming, another one might like consoles best.

gamebreakerz__

So it would be bad if your console was given the ability to run mods, have better graphics and be 100% backwards compatible? That would be awful :roll:

No, but as I stated in the edit, graphics and mods don't make a gaming platform the best, games do.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

No, but as I stated in the edit, graphics and mods don't make a gaming platform the best, games do.

LOL, thats EXACTLY what I said in OP, I said the PC is THEORETICALLY the best platform for games but doesn't have the best games.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Nope. I think PC is the best platform for gaming AND it has the best games too. Most variety also.

So no, I can't agree with TC

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

Nope. I think PC is the best platform for gaming AND it has the best games too.

As I said, thats your opinion and I respect that but the scores and GOTY awards say otherwise.
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"] So it would be bad if your console was given the ability to run mods, have better graphics and be 100% backwards compatible? That would be awful :roll:gamebreakerz__

LOL, thats EXACTLY what I said in OP, I said the PC is THEORETICALLY the best platform for games but doesn't have the best games.

"but doesn't have the best games" is an opinion, There are many great games on PC.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 waltefmoney

And I disagree with both. I don't think PC is the best platform for gaming, and I don't think it has the best games. But that's my personal opinion, which is why threads like this shouldn't exist.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44577 Posts
nope, dollar for dollar consoles are the best all around experience
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

Sorry, but I don't agree with many of your statements.

I agree that PC gaming is the best platform to game on, in my opinion.

First of all, console's having more AAA-AAAA titles? The PS3 has MGS4 as an AAAAE, the 360 has none. Overall the PC has had more higher rated titles than either consoles this gen.

Also most GOTY titles are multiplats, so they apply to the PC too.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

gamebreakerz__

As I said, thats your opinion and I respect that but the scores and GOTY awards say otherwise.

actualy they don't. Compare them to any single console and PC will win, making it the best platform

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

actualy they don't. Compare them to any single console and PC will win. Plus most of those console AAAs are very shallow anyway.

Opinions again...
Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

gamebreakerz__

Except for the standards being lower on consoles not to mention the huge commercial machinery that is behind the consoles as opposed to the PC.

We've allready seen lots of examples of multiplats scoring better on consoles even being inferior as they always are.

I'll agree that the consoles do have Stellar exclusives that noone should miss but since multiplats do count, the PC just leaves the consoles in the dust. considering how often people compare multiplats on consoles, it should just be a given that the PC is automatically superior to the consoles.

Actually when push comes to shove, everyone here does know that to be true.... That's the reason why the PC pretty much does'nt count in SW.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="lucfonzy"]

First of all, console's having more AAA-AAAA titles? The PS3 has MGS4 as an AAAAE, the 360 has none. Overall the PC has had more higher rated titles than either consoles this gen.

So DS, MGS4 and SMG are all multiplat?
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"] As I said, thats your opinion and I respect that but the scores and GOTY awards say otherwise.gamebreakerz__

actualy they don't. Compare them to any single console and PC will win. Plus most of those console AAAs are very shallow anyway.

Opinions again...

Nope, just facts. PC has more high scoring games than any other platform. The only opinion here is the one you are spreading

tucubogdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 tucubogdan
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Can we all agree the PC is the best platform for gaming on but doesn't have the best games?

I mean it's obvious with the PC's superior graphics, mods, community etc makes it theoretically the best platform to game on by a long way but when we look at the games we see that consoles have more AAAA, AAA games. Hermits can yell STANDARDS all they want which is fair enough butonly to the extent that multiplats with superior graphics, frames per sec etc recieve the same score as the console version, not the popular MGS4 = 8.0 MAX ON PC!!!

A good show of this is that PC hasn't had GOTY since 2004 (WOW), an award which obviously doesn't have standards because all games are put in direct competition with each other, not relative to the systems they are on but the other games. PC gamers can say PC has more AA, A etc but TBHme and most othersprobably only play arounf20 games a year max and I want these games to be very good, not just have 50 or so good games.

The PC has a narrower range of genres then consoles and while it does havemore niche games, the big budget, high scoring titles are generally from a narrow range.

Of course which platform has better games comes down to opinions but the scores and logic show consoles have better games than the PC.

gamebreakerz__
I have to disagree. The gaming consoles are made for just one thing. Gaming. Think that M$ delivered the first XBOX in 2002, and there still are games from 2002-2003 that need a god hardware configuration on a PC to work. Doesn't that raise some ? marks? In 2002 the XBOX had 256 bit video card, even today that is still expensive fore most of us. And another thing. Why do you think games are developed first for consoles and then ported to PC? In my opinion the PC is the ultimate gaming machines for one type of game only, shooters and RTS. Other than that the consoles rule. An RPG has a totaly different feeling on a console. Not to mention the gameplay. But this is my opinion, don't judge.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="Filthybastrd"]

Except for the standards being lower on consoles not to mention the huge commercial machinery that is behind the consoles as opposed to the PC.

We've allready seen lots of examples of multiplats scoring better on consoles even being inferior as they always are.

I'll agree that the consoles do have Stellar exclusives that noone should miss but since multiplats do count, the PC just leaves the consoles in the dust. considering how often people compare multiplats on consoles, it should just be a given that the PC is automatically superior to the consoles.

Actually when push comes to shove, everyone here does know that to be true.... That's the reason why the PC pretty much does'nt count in SW.

What about GOTY? Zero standards in that yet PC has an awful record.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]actualy they don't. Compare them to any single console and PC will win. Plus most of those console AAAs are very shallow anyway.

Opinions again...

Nope, just facts. PC has more high scoring games than any other platform. The only opinion here is the one you are spreading

The one thing hermits can't argue, PC sucks at winning GOTY, the most important award yet it always goes to console games.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lucfonzy

[QUOTE="lucfonzy"]

gamebreakerz__

Oh we're ganging up again, ok I'll just leave this thread.

Same old again.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]actualy they don't. Compare them to any single console and PC will win. Plus most of those console AAAs are very shallow anyway.

Opinions again...

'More higher scoring' is very subjective, it has far more AA and A titles but how do we compare these to AAA and AAAA titles in terms of worth and IMO a few AAAA and AAA games demolish numerous AA and A games easily.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AdrianWerner

And of course here come the PC defense force, ever so butthurt that someone said something bad about their precious personal computer.

waltefmoney

right..and here come the console fanboy whining that hermits try to defend their platform on a forum called System Wars. Because obviously every other faction can do it and it's ok, but when pc gamers try it it's omg...teh drama and butthurtin. If you don't want to read arguments go find another forum and stop crying.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

But how can PC be best when it not have the best games?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

What are you talking about? Doesn't the pc have more AAA games than the consoles? It may not have an AAAA game but it has way more high rated games than all the consoles.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

AdrianWerner

Opinions again...

Um, reviews are just opinions. You might put more stock in those opinions but some of us don't.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamebreakerz__

aroxx_ab
THEORETICALLY it is the best platform because of it's features, ignoring games.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

And of course here come the PC defense force, ever so butthurt that someone said something bad about their precious personal computer.

AdrianWerner

right..and here come the console fanboy whining that hermits try to defend their platform on a forum called System Wars. Because obviously every other faction can do it and it's ok, but when pc gamers try it it's omg...teh drama and butthurtin. If you don't want to read arguments go find another forum and stop crying.

Who's crying?

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AdrianWerner

'More higher scoring' is very subjective, it has far more AA and A titles but how do we compare these to AAA and AAAA titles in terms of worth and IMO a few AAAA and AAA games demolish numerous AA and A games easily.gamebreakerz__

Well..you said it yourself..In Your Opinion.

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lucfonzy

aroxx_ab

I guess you haven't experienced the stalker series, crysis, the witcher, any of the valve games (multiplats sure but pale in comparison to the pc versions) plus many, many more.

Again though, it's all entirely down to preference.

Pointless thread.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 soulitane
[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

gamebreakerz__

But it also has more games than consoles. You are ignoring that.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="lucfonzy"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="lucfonzy"]

Same old again.

The main hermit argument is PC>consoles, not PC>each individual console.
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]right..and here come the console fanboy whining that hermits try to defend their platform on a forum called System Wars. Because obviously every other faction can do it and it's ok, but when pc gamers try it it's omg...teh drama and butthurtin. If you don't want to read arguments go find another forum and stop crying.

AdrianWerner

Who's crying?

you are, I can almost see the tears spilling out of your posts and into my keyboard

Kewl.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

In terms of A and AA but in terms of AAAA, AAA and GOTY it doesn't, it comes down to the value of these games vs AA and A to each person, I certainly would rather have fewer games that are better than more games that are not as good.
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

Nah, best system and best games. IMO of course.

FGMPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FGMPR
Member since 2009 • 804 Posts

waltefmoney
Ah of course, as soon as a PC user starts backing up their statements with obvious facts, they get berated for it, even when they do the exact same thing to other consoles. People like you just don't like the fact that there is so little argument in the consoles favor against the PC. That's why mods, better graphics, better controls, more exclusives, more games all round etc don't count around here. Face it, there is nothing that can be done on a console that can't be done better on a PC.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AdrianWerner

The main hermit argument is PC>consoles, not PC>each individual console.gamebreakerz__
your main argument was about platform, not comparing every platform against one.

Plus heck....you just wrote about platform, not this gen's platform. So 30 years of pcgames line-up make every platform look very silly in comparision when it comes to games.

if you treat scores as facts (while in reality they are opinions, but whatever) then PC obviously is the best platform in the history of gaming this way, as you will find more AAAs in those 30 years than on any single console.

Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"] THEORETICALLY it is the best platform because of it's features, ignoring games.gamebreakerz__

In terms of A and AA but in terms of AAAA, AAA and GOTY it doesn't, it comes down to the value of these games vs AA and A to each person, I certainly would rather have fewer games that are better than more games that are not as good.

You do know AAA,AAAA,GOTY are all opinions right? Or do you automaticlly believe everything reviewers say?

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lucfonzy

[QUOTE="lucfonzy"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"] So DS, MGS4 and SMG are all multiplat?gamebreakerz__

Same old again.

You can only validly argue all 3 against the PC if you own all 3 to be honest. And if you own all 3, it renders arguments such as "PC is too expensive" invalid because you've shelled out loads for each console, and their games.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

FGMPR

Ah of course, as soon as a PC user starts backing up their statements with obvious facts, they get berated for it, even when they do the exact same thing to other consoles. People like you just don't like the fact that there is so little argument in the consoles favor against the PC. That's why mods, better graphics, better controls, more exclusives, more games all round etc don't count around here. Face it, there is nothing that can be done on a console that can't be done better on a PC.

I can play Gears of War 2 better on my 360 than I do on my laptop.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 soulitane
[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"] THEORETICALLY it is the best platform because of it's features, ignoring games.gamebreakerz__

It has more AAA than each individual console, you don't just gang up on it when it suits you. It would also be nice if you showed proof that hermits say console>all consoles.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

lucfonzy

I guess you haven't experienced the stalker series, crysis, the witcher, any of the valve games (multiplats sure but pale in comparison to the pc versions) plus many, many more.

Again though, it's all entirely down to preference.

Pointless thread.

I own all of those but The witcher...

But i fully agree with you its all prefernces

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="soulitane"]But it also has more games than consoles. You are ignoring that.soulitane

It has more AAA than each individual console, you don't just gang up on it when it suits you. It would also be nice if you showed proof that hermits say console>all consoles.

Uh... most are PC elitist which means they believe PC>consoles, what evidence do you want?
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamebreakerz__
[QUOTE="lucfonzy"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="lucfonzy"]

Same old again.

You can only validly argue all 3 against the PC if you own all 3 to be honest. And if you own all 3, it renders arguments such as "PC is too expensive" invalid because you've shelled out loads for each console, and their games.

If I own PS3 and Wii it beats PC in games and cost, not to mention that to get a PC which can achieve maximum in every game which is what reviews are based on it easily covers the costs and much more of PS3+wii.
rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts

"Scores and GOTYs" are also the opinions of just another gamer(s). Regarding your OP... PC as the most capable and versatile gaming platform = fact. You can't argue with technical specfications. You're right on this. PC has the best games = Subjective opinion. Your statement that it doesn't has the best games is also a subjective opinion. PC has the most games = fact. You can't argue with raw numbers.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gamebreakerz__

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"][QUOTE="soulitane"]But it also has more games than consoles. You are ignoring that.Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

You do know AAA,AAAA,GOTY are all opinions right? Or do you automaticlly believe everything reviewers say?

The reviews are more more valid then the average joe's opinion in terms of comparing platforms on a forum. I don't automatically believe it but if I haven't played a game the best guide on it's worth is the reviews.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 soulitane
[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"] In terms of A and AA but in terms of AAAA, AAA and GOTY it doesn't, it comes down to the value of these games vs AA and A to each person, I certainly would rather have fewer games that are better than more games that are not as good.gamebreakerz__

Uh... most are PC elitist which means they believe PC>consoles, what evidence do you want?

Proof that they say that. For all I know you are exaggerating something out of proportion. Also I notice you rated demon souls 6.5, the same game that got GOTY last year and yet you try to use that against the pc.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17826 Posts
absolutely not. it doesnt have all the best games but it has alot of them...just like consoles dont have all the best games. though best games comes down to opinion i suppose. but the PC has alot of crackin games.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"] In terms of A and AA but in terms of AAAA, AAA and GOTY it doesn't, it comes down to the value of these games vs AA and A to each person, I certainly would rather have fewer games that are better than more games that are not as good.gamebreakerz__

Any evidence would be good. You stereotypes and opinion don't really qualify as evidence