Can Toukiden dethrone MonHun franchise?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

MonHun = a tired, outdated franchise, clunky and clumsy combat, corny art direction

Toukiden = a newer and more fresh franchise with more fluid and faster combat, better and more serious art direction

Toukiden demo is out now on PSN for PS Vtia. Full game is out Feb 11

Nintendo and 3DS can keep that crappy Capcom MonHun game, Sony got Souls Sacrifice and Toukiden now

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

The game has like 12 big monsters in it. MH3U has 29 or so if you dont count re skins. When they get more monsters to fight I might play it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@-Damien- said:

MonHun = a tired, outdated franchise, clunky and clumsy combat, corny art direction

Toukiden = a newer and more fresh franchise with more fluid and faster combat, better art direction

Nintendo and 3DS can keep that crappy Capcom MonHun game, Sony got Souls Sacrifice and Toukiden now

Lol. No.

To everything you said, incidentally.

Although Toukiden feels awesome, Monster Hunter is great.

You're a fanboy who loves everything Sony with not an iota of objectivity, no one will take anything you say seriously.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Damien-

@charizard1605 said:

@-Damien- said:

Toukiden = a newer and more fresh franchise with more fluid and faster combat, better art direction

Lol. No.

You're a fanboy who loves everything Sony with not an iota of objectivity, no one will take anything you say seriously.

no, in this case, I'm very much objective.

Can you deny this about MonHun? clunky combat? corny art direction?

jadjei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jadjei
Member since 2011 • 379 Posts

Eeeehhhh....... No i honestly don't think si but I think the gauntlets are awesome in toukiden. So powerful yet still trying to master them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@-Damien- said:

@charizard1605 said:

@-Damien- said:

Lol. No.

no, in this case, I'm very much objective.

Can you deny this about MonHun? clunky combat? corny art direction?

Yes?

The combat isn't clunky, the combat is weighty. that's supposed to be the point. Don't use a massive greatsword if you want fast movement, pick double blades or something.

Corny art direction? The **** is that even supposed to mean?

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Soul Sacrifice already did.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Cow Logic: Begging for a Monster Hunter game to come to PS4. Thought it was Phenomenal when it was on Sony consoles.

Now that the game they were begging for is pretty much a Nintendo exclusive, it's now crappy. Lol

Keep it classy, even Lemmings don't stoop that low.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#9 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Um, I doubt it. Both Franchises are awesome in my opinion. I highly enjoyed Monster Hunter, and I highly enjoyed Toukiden's demo (preordered). I'm just glad we have something another high quality monster hunting game; that's not Monster Hunter.

Why not enjoy both? Clearly they both are great. Toukiden's approach, era is different. But they share the same core gameplay mechanic.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Nope. I'm getting toukiden but MH has yet to be surpassed there is just something about the controls and learning curve and all the metrics that go into things. It feels more rewarding when you beat a monster in MH as opposed to the clones which just feel like action games.

I can't really explain it.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I m not trying to be a smart ass, but TC, you sound pretty bitter.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@nini200 said:

Cow Logic: Begging for a Monster Hunter game to come to PS4. Thought it was Phenomenal when it was on Sony consoles.

Now that the game they were begging for is pretty much a Nintendo exclusive, it's now crappy. Lol

If a game stagnates, and I have played up untill MH(P)3, it becomes crappy. MonHun plays it too safe imo., just incremental updates to the game. MH4 looks like it's finally a bigger step but it looks like total ass on the 3ds, without the much wanted dual analog stick support again.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34617 Posts

Funny. Last time I played Monster Hunter (two days ago) the art direction was great and the combat was awesome.. I've never heard about Toukiden..

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

If a game stagnates, and I have played up untill MH(P)3, it becomes crappy. MonHun plays it too safe imo., just incremental updates to the game. MH4 looks like it's finally a bigger step but it looks like total ass on the 3ds, without the much wanted dual analog stick support again.

lol I'm actually bored of MonHun myself but it's just funny how most cow's logic is, if its not on my system, it sucks. lol

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#15 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Can they not co-exist with one another; and both be great games? >_>

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@-Damien- said:

Lol. No.

How are you going to accuse him of being a fanboy but then not actually substantiate any of your rebuttal?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@mrintro said:

@charizard1605 said:

@-Damien- said:

Lol. No.

How are you going to accuse him of being a fanboy but then not actually substantiate any of your rebuttal?

Read my next post.

And then read his posting history.

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

@nini200 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

lol I'm actually bored of MonHun myself but it's just funny how most cow's logic is, if its not on my system, it sucks. lol

MonHun would have never taken off without the huge install base of PS2. It's kinda sadd they're throwing their day 1 fans under the bus like that. At least do a port.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

Hmmm, I have a Vita and this is the first i've heard of Toukiden. Looks interesting. Love Soul Sacrifice and the Monster Hunter franchise....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

MonHun would have never taken off without the huge install base of PS2. It's kinda sadd they're throwing their day 1 fans under the bus like that. At least do a port.

Monster Hunter was an absolute flop on the PS2. It was on the PSP that it became a monster hit (har har har)

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Damien-

@StriateEnd said:

Hmmm, I have a Vita and this is the first i've heard of Toukiden. Looks interesting. Love Soul Sacrifice and the Monster Hunter franchise....

Toukiden demo is available now, go download it

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Nope. Maybe Toukiden 4 and when Monster Hunter 7 is still on Nintendo handhelds as a baseline.

I'd assume Tecmo Koei might pull something more alluring and really impressive that won't be possible on the 3DS with the same graphical setting.

TBH, I don't see Toukiden dethroning MH since a "dethrone" would mean sales dethronement by most.. doubt Toukidens in the future would sell gangbusters like MH specially in JPN.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nini200

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

lol Don't start about franchises that wouldn't have taken off because there are too many that have taken off on Nintendo systems and have thrown it's fans under the bus by being on PS or Xbox only.

The Playstation brand as a whole wouldn't exist without the bad deal with Nintendo lol

Not defending Nintendo because they are massive screwups, just stating facts. It's called business.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nini200

@charizard1605 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

Monster Hunter was an absolute flop on the PS2. It was on the PSP that it became a monster hit (har har har)

This is truth. The Frontier series is what actually boosted MonHun franchise but you can't expect a typical Cow to know actual facts They just want all the games on their system, otherwise, they throw a hissyfit like he just did. We've seen it all too often. Tatsunoko vs Capcom for example lol

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

No. I believe it can't,

On top of a much better (actual story), the game-play is absolutely solid.

However Monster Hunter is a much more vast game and has more longevity given that aspect. Luckily both games exist so we don't have to miss out on either.

Game reminds me of Princess Mononoke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nini200 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

This is truth. The Frontier series is what actually boosted MonHun franchise but you can't expect a typical Cow to know actual facts They just want all the games on their system, otherwise, they throw a hissyfit like he just did. We've seen it all too often. Tatsunoko vs Capcom for example lol

You mean Monster Hunter Freedom :P

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nini200

@charizard1605 said:

@nini200 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

@nini200 said:

You mean Monster Hunter Freedom :P

Foot in Mouth lol Freedom I meant, (It was one of those FR's dangit). :P lol