Can Consoles do Crysis ???

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dualityeq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dualityeq
Member since 2003 • 606 Posts

Here is a video i took everything is maxed except 3 options are on high 1 being Shadows.

X2AA now look at how far the draw distance is and tell me wich game on Xbox360 or PS3 has an area and draw distance like Crysis ?? Also just look at the graphixs can this be done on consoles???

http://media.putfile.com/Crysis-Vid

any thoughts???

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts

Short answer: No

Long answer: Consoles lack the amount of ram needed to really drive this game. I can't see consoles running the same quality of graphics, same quality of physics, same AI, same draw distance and level design all at once. Consoles are cheap (relative to a high end gaming PC) for a reason, you get what you pay for.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Absolutely. Not on very high settings, but on medium for sure and possibly high (I've only played it on Medium myself). Far Cry 2 is coming to the 360 and PS3 and it seems like it will have much steeper system requirements, so there is no doubt in my mind that Crysis could be ported to consoles.
Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chipp
Member since 2003 • 1897 Posts

Absolutely. Not on very high settings, but on medium for sure and possibly high (I've only played it on Medium myself). Far Cry 2 is coming to the 360 and PS3 and it seems like it will have much steeper system requirements, so there is no doubt in my mind that Crysis could be ported to consoles.PBSnipes

Well the difference is that the Far Cry 2 devs are making it for the 360 and PS3 as well, which means they were already designing the game around consoles as well. Crysis however was designed solely around the PC. Put it this way, the Geforce 8800 series struggles to run the game at respectable settings. So imagine a console? Which is essentially a entry level PC. I'm not saying "A Crysis" isn't possible. But the Crysis you see on PC is not. And Crysis is know for its graphics not gameplay. So if a console can't render the graphics then its no point in it coming to consoles.

Avatar image for RKfromDownunder
RKfromDownunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RKfromDownunder
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
I don't think so budy.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
can it run it? yes. will it have to be watered down? yes.
karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts
can it run it? yes. will it have to be watered down? yes.CaseyWegner
Why don't you ever capitalize the first letter of every sentence? It's kind of a strain to the eyes to read everything lower cased. It's almost the equalvilent of me writing LIKE THIS THE WHOLE TIME.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]can it run it? yes. will it have to be watered down? yes.karasill
Why don't you ever capitalize the first letter of every sentence? It's kind of a strain to the eyes to read everything lower cased. It's almost the equalvilent of me writing LIKE THIS THE WHOLE TIME.

except it's only one letter.

Crysis could run on consoles at 720p withall of the effects turned down. It'd be bad. That game scales horribly even on the PC.

Avatar image for RKfromDownunder
RKfromDownunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RKfromDownunder
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]can it run it? yes. will it have to be watered down? yes.karasill

Ahhh, and THERE lies the heart of the matter. I won't BE Crysis if you water it down will it? I suppose that also depends on the degree of water added and how thoroughly it is stirred in.

If a Crysis: Instincts is released, or a game to the effects of it, we'll all know deep down that it is NOT crysis. Crysis would not have achieved the reviews that it did if it had been a corridor shooter, and we all know it. Hunting Koreans in a Zoo is not as fun as hunting them in the Amazon.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

Ahhh, and THERE lies the heart of the matter. I won't BE Crysis if you water it down will it? I suppose that also depends on the degree of water added and how thoroughly it is stirred in.

If a Crysis: Instincts is released, or a game to the effects of it, we'll all know deep down that it is NOT crysis. Crysis would not have achieved the reviews that it did if it had been a corridor shooter, and we all know it. Hunting Koreans in a Zoo is not as fun as hunting them in the Amazon.

RKfromDownunder

I had to play it watered down on my PC because my 7950 choked on it. It was still Crysis though.

I guess I see what you are saying. Wrapping a crap shooter in a "Crysis Skin" is not Crysis.

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Taalon
Member since 2006 • 3424 Posts

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]Absolutely. Not on very high settings, but on medium for sure and possibly high (I've only played it on Medium myself). Far Cry 2 is coming to the 360 and PS3 and it seems like it will have much steeper system requirements, so there is no doubt in my mind that Crysis could be ported to consoles.Ramadear

Well the difference is that the Far Cry 2 devs are making it for the 360 and PS3 as well, which means they were already designing the game around consoles as well. Crysis however was designed solely around the PC. Put it this way, the Geforce 8800 series struggles to run the game at respectable settings. So imagine a console? Which is essentially a entry level PC. I'm not saying "A Crysis" isn't possible. But the Crysis you see on PC is not. And Crysis is know for its graphics not gameplay. So if a console can't render the graphics then its no point in it coming to consoles.

How does the 8800 series struggle on Crysis? My 8800GTS runs it at 35FPS on Max settings. I don't have Quad Core or 4GB of RAM, the 8800 series does a great job of it.
cool_guy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cool_guy2000
Member since 2005 • 363 Posts

A watered down port, sure..otherwise the consoles would melt.

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts
Crysis CAN be done on console. But, if the game was to look as good as the pc version then the draw distance, level size, AI and physics would need watering down. If the game kept the same design as the pc version then the graphics would need watering down. Either way you won't have the same experience as a high end pc. Its just like what happened to far cry a few years Back. Get over it console gamers.
Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chipp
Member since 2003 • 1897 Posts
[QUOTE="Ramadear"]

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]Absolutely. Not on very high settings, but on medium for sure and possibly high (I've only played it on Medium myself). Far Cry 2 is coming to the 360 and PS3 and it seems like it will have much steeper system requirements, so there is no doubt in my mind that Crysis could be ported to consoles.Taalon

How does the 8800 series struggle on Crysis? My 8800GTS runs it at 35FPS on Max settings. I don't have Quad Core or 4GB of RAM, the 8800 series does a great job of it.

Probably at a very low resolution and everyone knows that Very High kills the fps. You probably could hit 35fps if you are looking at the ocean or a wall. But saying 35fps average on Very High, I would call you a liar. With heavy fighting scenes you will probably go below 20fps. Every hermit knows that the 8800 series(single gpu) doesn't run the game well. Even tri sli barely dishes out 60fps at 1920 x 1080.

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts
The question is not whether consoles can run Crysis, its what would have to be taken away from the game in order for consoles to accomplish such a feat.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

In it's current iteration: No.

With the environments cutback a bit: Yes.

It's an 8 hour game in terms of SPwith forgettable multiplayer.I don't really see it as a big deal if it doesn't make it to consoles.

Dualityeq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dualityeq
Member since 2003 • 606 Posts

Hehe check out this Vid i made of me fighting last level Sub boss everything set on Very high except shadows and shaders

DX10 also made my PC cry

http://media.putfile.com/Crysis-2-46

krustyteklown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 krustyteklown
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

mate you need to prone and use binocs a bit more :D

also, i've never used that female voice, but it doesn't sound anywhere as intense as the male MAXIMUM one)

i actually put crysis on all low, and all medium, to see how much smoother it would be. on all low, it seemed that the character models were still EXTREMELY good, especially the faces (i noticed this in particular since i was always zoomed in trying to get headshots). however, the environments were obviously degraded tremendously. it was still playable, but of course "not crysis"

I_Helios_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 I_Helios_I
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

Yes consoles could do Crysis!!!

Crysis is probably going to come to consoles anyway due to lackluster PC sales.

The bottom line is that Crysis' reccommended system requirements would require the Death Star as your desktop and even then the game would lag. So the port to consoles wouldn't even be close to it running on its highest settings on a pimped out PC. The problem I'm seeing is that people keep on saying that it would be impossible and they did it would have to be watered down to the point where it wouldn't be Crysis anymore, they also ramble on about the RAM bottleneck both the PS3 and 360 have.........

I look at games like Shadow of the Colossus, God of War 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Gran Turismo 4 and the amazing port of Resident Evil 4 all being done on a system with only 32 MB of memory!!!

Then I look at Ninja Gaiden: Black, Halo 2, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, the ports of Doom 3 and Half Life 2 on Xbox a system with only 64 MB of memory and I'm even more amazed.

Its up to the programmer so stop acting like the Crysis experience isn't possible on consoles because it easily is and it's not going to lose a lot in it's transition to consoles.

I_Helios_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 I_Helios_I
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts
[QUOTE="Ramadear"]

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]Absolutely. Not on very high settings, but on medium for sure and possibly high (I've only played it on Medium myself). Far Cry 2 is coming to the 360 and PS3 and it seems like it will have much steeper system requirements, so there is no doubt in my mind that Crysis could be ported to consoles.Taalon

I have a 8800GTS, at max I'm probably getting 35FPS when nothing is going on but usually its at 25-30 during big battles.

It doesn't have trouble it's just that the game isn't optimized very well. 25-30FPS is still not good in my eyes it should be running higher with a 8800GTS and 2 GB of PC-6400 RAM

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Fing hell.

No no no no no no no no no

NO

Current consoles cannot run Crysis.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

Well far cry 2 is going on the 360/ps3

so Ill wait for a gameplay video to see if consoles can stack up to crysis level of graphical awsomeness.

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

If they had the ram, sure they could--At highest settings to boot.

I'm positive the PS3 could do it. Not so sure about the 360.

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts

Pariah_001

Sure mr cow :lol: we all know that ps3 has more ram than the xbox360 :roll:
Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#27 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts

shut up

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
[QUOTE="Pariah_001"]

-wii60-

Sure mr cow :lol: we all know that ps3 has more ram than the xbox360 :roll:

They have the same amount of RAM, genius. And the PS3 ireally is probably closer to being able to run Crysis than the 360, and I'm not exactly what you'd call a fan of the PS3 myself. I can simply read the writing on the wall. The process of porting multiplats to the PS3 isn't terribly optimal, but the PS3's exclusives do, in general, achieve a slightly higher standard of visual quality than the 360's exclusives.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 skrat_01

Pariah_001

:|

You cant be serious.

The PS3 has 256mb System ram, and 256mb video ram, 360 512mb shared.

That is pathetic.

Even worse the 360s GPU is close to a X1950, and the PS3s is a highly modified 6800.

Neither Systems could run the game - and at highest settings :lol: - A truly rediculous statement.

The 8800 cards, and 3800 series only run the game opimaly, and they are generations ahead of whats in the current consoles - they make console hardware alone obsolete.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="Pariah_001"]

skrat_01

You cant be serious.

That is pathetic.

Even worse the 360s GPU is close to a X1950, and the PS3s is a highly modified 6800.

Neither Systems could run the game - and at highest settings :lol: - A truly rediculous statement.

The 8800 cards, and 3800 series only run the game opimaly, and they are generations ahead of whats in the current consoles - they make console hardware alone obsolete.

The PS3's is closer to the 7900, actually. It's the same chipset family.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 skrat_01
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="Pariah_001"]

mjarantilla

You cant be serious.

That is pathetic.

The PS3's is closer to the 7900, actually. It's the same chipset family.

Actually you are right it is closer to a 7900

*note to self never use old wikipedia links as a source*

NEver the less the performance difference between the 7900 series and X1950 to 8800 is nothing short of phenominal

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
I think they would be able to athigh-some mediumat 640p. The game runs pretty smooth even at 24fps (I ran it at 30fps,demo maxed),majority of gamers on consoles wouldn't notice.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 skrat_01

I think they would be able to athigh-some mediumat 640p. The game runs pretty smooth even at 24fps (I ran it at 30fps,demo maxed),majority of gamers on consoles wouldn't notice.killab2oo5
problem.

Crysis level sizes, phhysics, and interactibity - combined with increadably complex a.i - its a no go.

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pariah_001
You cant be serious.

That is pathetic.

skrat_01

And, once again, a Sony hater displays their ignorance and irrational hatred for consoles.

Of course the RSX all on its own wouldn't be able to do the trick, but that's exactly why they put the Cell in the system.

And I said if the PS3 had more RAM. I already admitted that there isn't enough.

Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pariah_001
Problem.

Crysis level sizes, phhysics, and interactibity - combined with increadably complex a.i - its a no go.

skrat_01

The Cell can number-crunch Crysis' physics, geometry, and pull off branching AI.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Problem.

Pariah_001

The Cell can number-crunch Crysis' physics, geometry, and pull off branching AI.

Sony re-education still in effect, eh?

C'mere, I'll fix that for you.

*walks toward Pariah_001 brandishing a stick*

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 skrat_01
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]You cant be serious.

That is pathetic.

Pariah_001

And, once again, a Sony hater displays their ignorance and irrational hatred for consoles.

Of course the RSX all on its own wouldn't be able to do the trick, but that's exactly why they put the Cell in the system.

And I said if the PS3 had more RAM. I already admitted that there isn't enough.

I am a sony hater?

You fufil the role of an ignorant person thats for sure.

The Cell is not a magical processor that will allow miracles, and even with more memory the PS3 would not be able to run it at the highest settings.

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Problem.

Pariah_001

And I bet Sony would parrot that too :roll:

I say again the Cell cannot pull magical feats

BOth consoles this gen are leagues behind current PC hardware, and the tech in Crysis.

That is reality

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 killab2oo5

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]I think they would be able to athigh-some mediumat 640p. The game runs pretty smooth even at 24fps (I ran it at 30fps,demo maxed),majority of gamers on consoles wouldn't notice.skrat_01

problem.

Those CPU tasks are definately doable on the 360 or PS3's processor...well I think so.Level size wise,what do you mean?Like the draw distance?
Avatar image for gearsofhalogeek
gearsofhalogeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gearsofhalogeek
Member since 2007 • 1020 Posts

Short answer: No

Long answer: Consoles lack the amount of ram needed to really drive this game. I can't see consoles running the same quality of graphics, same quality of physics, same AI, same draw distance and level design all at once. Consoles are cheap (relative to a high end gaming PC) for a reason, you get what you pay for.

karasill

Xplay showed a video of the AI and physics, and im sorry i agree with adam sessler, they were dismal.

graphics were pretty though.

and no chrysis couldnt run on any console this gen. maybe next gen

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

Seems like quite a few hermits in the know, say it could. If it's 600p with graphics like Halo3 or CoD4, then I would be happy enough.

bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts

Xplay showed a video of the AI and physics, and im sorry i agree with adam sessler, they were dismal.

graphics were pretty though.

and no chrysis couldnt run on any console this gen. maybe next gen

gearsofhalogeek

haha people are so desperate they refer to xplay reviews these days? LOL. That was a horrible review and they basically went bug hunting and didn't really focus on the sandbox nature of the game play at all. Just compare that review to all the other reviews out there.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 skrat_01
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]I think they would be able to athigh-some mediumat 640p. The game runs pretty smooth even at 24fps (I ran it at 30fps,demo maxed),majority of gamers on consoles wouldn't notice.killab2oo5

problem.

Those CPU tasks are definately doable on the 360 or PS3's processor...well I think so.Level size wise,what do you mean?Like the draw distance?

Nope.

Just nope.

The Cell does not compensate for such small memory.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mjarantilla
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]I think they would be able to athigh-some mediumat 640p. The game runs pretty smooth even at 24fps (I ran it at 30fps,demo maxed),majority of gamers on consoles wouldn't notice.skrat_01

problem.

Nope.

Just nope.

AI and physics don't really require much memory, but the end result still doesn't change: neither the PS3 nor the 360 can run Crysis.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 killab2oo5
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]

problem.

Nope.

Just nope.

Consoles dont need as much ram,and games can be optimized.Example...Oblivion. For PC's it required atleast 1gb of RAM(+512mb-1gb more for Xp and background tasks),and you needed a x1800xtx 512 to run it decently. The 360 and PS3 have 512mb of RAM total. 360 sharing its RAM for both video card and cpu,PS3 256mb for gpu,256mb for cpu. Both ran the game at maxed PC settings at around 30fps majority of the time (think the PS3 version rarely ever had frame drops.) with HDR and I think 2xAA. :| But obviously you have your mind set on "no" and theres no point in continuing.
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]I think they would be able to athigh-some mediumat 640p. The game runs pretty smooth even at 24fps (I ran it at 30fps,demo maxed),majority of gamers on consoles wouldn't notice.killab2oo5

problem.

Nope.

Just nope.

Consoles dont need as much ram,and games can be optimized.Example...Oblivion. For PC's it required atleast 1gb of RAM(+512mb-1gb more for Xp and background tasks),and you needed a x1800xtx 512 to run it decently. The 360 and PS3 have 512mb of RAM total. 360 sharing its RAM for both video card and cpu,PS3 256mb for gpu,256mb for cpu. Both ran the game at maxed PC settings at around 30fps majority of the time (think the PS3 version rarely ever had frame drops.) with HDR and I think 2xAA. :| But obviously you have your mind set on "no" and theres no point in continuing.

Maxed settings??? :lol:

What is this a joke????

720p? and AA was 0 as was AF....

Is this MAXXED? Did you see the deph field? It was pathetic...as were the textures and jaggies all over the place...

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
Nope, consoles really underestimated the amount of ram games require.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 skrat_01

problem.

Nope.

Just nope.

Oblivion requires:

• Windows XP
  • 512MB System RAM
  • 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
  • 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
  • and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
  • 8x DVD-ROM drive
  • 4.6 GB free hard disk space
  • DirectX 9.0c (included)
  • DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
  • Keyboard, Mouse

Now that is 512mb SYSTEM memory. The PS3 has 256mb SYSTEM memory - 360 512 shared so its a different matter.

And Oblivion is KNOWHERE as System intensive as Crysis.

Crysis is system intensive to even the most high end systems.

It simply cannot run on any console. Their hardware doesent allow it - Crysis is a generation ahead

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 skrat_01

[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]I think they would be able to athigh-some mediumat 640p. The game runs pretty smooth even at 24fps (I ran it at 30fps,demo maxed),majority of gamers on consoles wouldn't notice.mjarantilla

problem.

Nope.

Just nope.

AI and physics don't really require much memory, but the end result still doesn't change: neither the PS3 nor the 360 can run Crysis.

No not physics on its own.

Im talking about Crysis as a whole

Though yes you are right

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 killab2oo5
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]

problem.

Nope.

Just nope.

Oblivion requires:

• Windows XP
  • 512MB System RAM
  • 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
  • 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
  • and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
  • 8x DVD-ROM drive
  • 4.6 GB free hard disk space
  • DirectX 9.0c (included)
  • DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
  • Keyboard, Mouse

Now that is 512mb SYSTEM memory. The PS3 has 256mb SYSTEM memory - 360 512 shared so its a different matter.

And Oblivion is KNOWHERE as System intensive as Crysis.

Crysis is system intensive to even the most high end systems.

It simply cannot run on any console. Their hardware doesent allow it - Crysis is a generation ahead

-.-' I was talking recommended...surely the 360 and PS3 version are higher than minimum,and I was using Oblivion as an example that console games can run PC games that require much higher requirements than a consoles specifications due to easier optimization because everyone PS3 and 360 is the same hardware wise.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Maybe after they: A) Remove all the destructible enviroments. B) Siphon down the levels. to removed the strain off of RAM. Then its not really Crysis anymore is it?