Campers in MW2 are really pissing me off

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

So does the nuke wipe out both teams? Everybody dies?

mr-krinkles
Yes, and the nukers team wins.
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="tbolt76"] In COD4, I would get my streak to 7 die and call my chopper...perpetual choppers FTW. As far as campers go, they always hide in the same spots. Nice thing about MW2, the maps were designed so that there are multiple entrances/exits to the most used camping positions, so if you know what you are doing, you shouldn't have problems. What annoys me is people whining about people camping when the game mode is conducive to such tactices (Demolition, Domination, S&D, etc.).2beers_in_hand
Yeah I agree, also there is only one claymore and multiple exits/entrances so camping is much more difficult in MW2. I don't mind campers because they are easy to find as it is.

With scavenger as a perk you have unlimited claymores.

Oh wow... I had no idea! These suckers won't know what hit em... :lol: :P

EDIT: Sorry for the triple post, I thought this thread was moving quicker...

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

campers are easy to kill. They may get you a few times, but if they dont move then they have all sorts of people after them and they die. The key is to stay in one spot, get a few kills and then move on before everyone swarms you

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
another vid shows how easy it may be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsvZrHWyAqo
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Shouldn't it be pretty easy to adapt to and devise a strategy around their habits? I mean you have been playing pretty much the whole team.no_handlebars

It is another way of saying "i suck at MW2 but i won't admit it"

mr-krinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#56 mr-krinkles
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts

[QUOTE="mr-krinkles"]

warbmxjohn

Hmm, dunno if I agree with that, but it must be satisfying as hell to get a 25 kill streak when your team is losing badly, nuke the place and win the game. Yeah that would put a grin on my face.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#57 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Then do something about it. Go find those camping folks and take them out!

That's what I do. I make it my mission to take out campers in online matches and I'm always successful.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Thermal Scope?
lowdown478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lowdown478
Member since 2003 • 477 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsvZrHWyAqo

This guy takes campers way to seriously LMAO

lowdown478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lowdown478

lowdown478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lowdown478

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drRugdj7CQ&feature=related

This guy takes camping way to serious LMAO

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drRugdj7CQ&feature=related

lowdown478

wow, thats sad.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsvZrHWyAqo

lowdown478

Nice lol!!! That must be the knife cl***I heard about??? Marathon, lightweight, and commando I hear it works really well in maps that have a lot of buildings.

BdogTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 BdogTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 675 Posts
i hate camper nubs
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Thermal scopes, heartbeat sensors, UAV, Cold Blooded, killcam I don't see how anyone can not kill campers...you have so many tools at your disposal.
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 Racer850
Member since 2009 • 2293 Posts
Camping is good if you keep moving to other spots, but it's tense when you run out of ammo, and need that last kill to geta UAV :)
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="mr-krinkles"]

mr-krinkles

Hmm, dunno if I agree with that, but it must be satisfying as hell to get a 25 kill streak when your team is losing badly, nuke the place and win the game. Yeah that would put a grin on my face.

It's really not as bad as everyone was making out, 25 kills, unless the other team are complete invalids is pretty hard to get, and hard to get really fast, because the higher your killstreak goes, the more you play it safe. I saw my first nuke today, it was 10 minutes into a 15 minutes Headquarters game, and our team was about to win anyway, I'm pretty sure that's how most people will be getting nukes, fairly far into a game, and on the winning side anyway.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

i'm not sure how people say o i have got like 20 nukes.

i have played MW2 for around 40 hrs and haven't seen 1.

But one top of the campers the hit detection is just horrible. I have unloaded close to a clip of my m16 with acog scope into a person and they don't die.

RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts

remember its called modern warfare notcivil warfare. how fun would it be if everybody lines up in 2 rowsand start shooting at each other hoping to hit somebody? me personaly i got to get my lee harvey oswald on (sniping for those who don't know who that is)

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
[QUOTE="James161324"]

i'm not sure how people say o i have got like 20 nukes.

i have played MW2 for around 40 hrs and haven't seen 1.

But one top of the campers the hit detection is just horrible. I have unloaded close to a clip of my m16 with acog scope into a person and they don't die.

I have a buddy who has 25 nukes in the bag so if your good its not too hard to get. As for hit detection, it might be your connection actually??? When you watch your kill cam does it look like you haven't even shot the guy??? MW2= who ever has the better connection wins!!!
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#71 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer-adam1"]

NUKES DUMBEST THING EVER. its sooo easy to get nukes its insane

W1NGMAN-

Almost 20 hours played and I've yet to see one .... so does it really just end the game?

Yes it ends the game, my team was up 180 to 75 in domination and there whole team was doing terrible except for one person who was doing real well.

But then he got the Nuke and they ended up winning, even though we had all 3 bases and where only a few seconds away from winning.

Nuke is kinda meh imo, but ohh well, ive only seen it once so far.

Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

Camping is legitimate tactic and is extremely effective in certain gametypes.

An excerpt from Sirlin's "playing to Win" Article:

"You're not going to see a classic scrub throw his opponent 5 times in a row. But why not? What if doing so is strategically the sequence of moves that optimize his chances of winning? Here we've encountered our first clash: the scrub is only willing to play to win within his own made-up mental set of rules. These rules can be staggeringly arbitrary. If you beat a scrub by throwing projectile attacks at him, keeping your distance and preventing him from getting near you...that's cheap. If you throw him repeatedly, that's cheap, too. We've covered that one. If you sit in block for 50 seconds doing no moves, that's cheap. Nearly anything you do that ends up making you win is a prime candidate for being called cheap."

Players need to get out of their mindset that the unwritten rules are set in stone. Do what it takes to win, the other player is doing it and it's working for him, why don't you do the same.

Doctor-McNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Doctor-McNinja
Member since 2009 • 1515 Posts
It's a camping game, it's what people do.
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts
You die way too quick in that game. Thats why camping is so very effective.Justinge3
thats funny...i never camp and i dont die quickly.. you must have very slow reflexes.
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jessesalinas
Thermal scopes, heartbeat sensors, UAV, Cold Blooded, killcam I don't see how anyone can not kill campers...you have so many tools at your disposal.bobbetybob
yep.
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 jessesalinas
camping is for N00bs... and what happens to N00bs in Videogames? they get Pwned! i welcome campers...Easy kills for me. :)
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Racer850
[QUOTE="Trinners"]

Camping is legitimate tactic and is extremely effective in certain gametypes.

An excerpt from Sirlin's "playing to Win" Article:

"You're not going to see a classic scrub throw his opponent 5 times in a row. But why not? What if doing so is strategically the sequence of moves that optimize his chances of winning? Here we've encountered our first clash: the scrub is only willing to play to win within his own made-up mental set of rules. These rules can be staggeringly arbitrary. If you beat a scrub by throwing projectile attacks at him, keeping your distance and preventing him from getting near you...that's cheap. If you throw him repeatedly, that's cheap, too. We've covered that one. If you sit in block for 50 seconds doing no moves, that's cheap. Nearly anything you do that ends up making you win is a prime candidate for being called cheap."

Players need to get out of their mindset that the unwritten rules are set in stone. Do what it takes to win, the other player is doing it and it's working for him, why don't you do the same.

Could not agree more.
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Racer850
camping is for N00bs... and what happens to N00bs in Videogames? they get Pwned! i welcome campers...Easy kills for me. :)jessesalinas
No it's a way to win the game.
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="jessesalinas"]camping is for N00bs... and what happens to N00bs in Videogames? they get Pwned! i welcome campers...Easy kills for me. :)Racer850

my FAMAS with a red dot sight says "NO" :)
Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Trinners

camping is for N00bs... and what happens to N00bs in Videogames? they get Pwned! i welcome campers...Easy kills for me. :)jessesalinas

So the Counter-Terrorist team camping bomb sites A and B in de_dust2 are noobs?

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 jessesalinas

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"]camping is for N00bs... and what happens to N00bs in Videogames? they get Pwned! i welcome campers...Easy kills for me. :)Trinners

i only play team deathmatch...nothing else. so i wouldnt know about that. otherwise, Campers = Easy kills for me
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
Shouldn't it be pretty easy to adapt to and devise a strategy around their habits? I mean you have been playing pretty much the whole team.no_handlebars
That is what i was thinking. You know how the other team is playing and obviously where they are camping from. Adjust your offensive. It is obvious you are going to them and waling right into it. Sometime it is better to drop the offensive and play as the team on the defense. Also, do not underestimate the power of a good flank and coordinated teamwork (I know, good luck with that in MW2).
Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Racer850
[QUOTE="Racer850"][QUOTE="jessesalinas"]camping is for N00bs... and what happens to N00bs in Videogames? they get Pwned! i welcome campers...Easy kills for me. :)jessesalinas

my FAMAS with a red dot sight says "NO" :)

lol, seriously i'm pretty good at COD, and at times i camp, but only if i feel like it, other times i just rush the other team.
Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Trinners

[QUOTE="Trinners"]

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"]camping is for N00bs... and what happens to N00bs in Videogames? they get Pwned! i welcome campers...Easy kills for me. :)jessesalinas

i only play team deathmatch...nothing else. so i wouldnt know about that. otherwise, Campers = Easy kills for me

Campers are innefective in TDM in MW2 because there is no fixed spawning area for both teams. But if there was a fixed area for spawning such as in KZ2 camping is extremely effective.

Most campers don't know what they're doing and only stay in one spot the entire match. Good campers change locations after every kill and set up claymores which are alot trickier to kill.

NemeSyS-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 NemeSyS-1
Member since 2009 • 464 Posts

gamer-adam1

I SERIOUSLY doubt that "Nukes" are soo easy to get. Ive only been a part of three since the game came out and I have 3 days of gametime put into multiplayer. Now unless you are some uber FPS god or a hacker, I dont think that you can just pull of Nukes like getting a Harrier!! BTW, I want proof of your godliness. I want your gamertag!

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 jessesalinas
[QUOTE="NemeSyS-1"]

[QUOTE="gamer-adam1"]

I SERIOUSLY doubt that "Nukes" are soo easy to get. Ive only been a part of three since the game came out and I have 3 days of gametime put into multiplayer. Now unless you are some uber FPS god or a hacker, I dont think that you can just pull of Nukes like getting a Harrier!! BTW, I want proof of your godliness. I want your gamertag!

i agree.. i've only seen a Nuke twice and it seems like i've been playing forever... it was amazing BTW. when i seen it i was like "WTF just happened? .. Game over? :? " LOL
RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts

you'll say that until you and me reenact the jfk assination and guess what you'll be jfk

NemeSyS-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 NemeSyS-1
Member since 2009 • 464 Posts

actually until I went prestige, camping was the farthest thing from what I was doing. I had gotten Akimbo on the 1887 Shotguns and on my P90's. Combine them with Marathon, Lightweight and Ninja Pro and I was totally running and gunning like my hair was on fire. But in all seriousness, I think there is alot more camping in MW2 because of the map style that IW went with and Im fine with it in general. I only hate it when I play games like Demolition or Domination where the object isnt necessarily racking up kills, but holding objectives. There always seems to be games where a team gets smoked 200-0 in Domination, but they brag because of their kill counts. They simply camp flags without actuaklly taking them. Now that is LAME!!!

tbolt76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#89 tbolt76
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts

actually until I went prestige, camping was the farthest thing from what I was doing. I had gotten Akimbo on the 1887 Shotguns and on my P90's. Combine them with Marathon, Lightweight and Ninja Pro and I was totally running and gunning like my hair was on fire. But in all seriousness, I think there is alot more camping in MW2 because of the map style that IW went with and Im fine with it in general. I only hate it when I play games like Demolition or Domination where the object isnt necessarily racking up kills, but holding objectives. There always seems to be games where a team gets smoked 200-0 in Domination, but they brag because of their kill counts. They simply camp flags without actually taking them. Now that is LAME!!!

NemeSyS-1

AMEN

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

i stoped playing mw2 after i got the BC2 beta.....some1 camping in the corner in bc2?....BOOM! there goes the corner lol

Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts
Its not so much the camping that annoys me in MW2, but the overuse of noob tubes. Its seriously getting on my nerves. Same goes for the losers who camp with the javelin for the whole match hoping to get kills.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

i stoped playing mw2 after i got the BC2 beta.....some1 camping in the corner in bc2?....BOOM! there goes the corner lol

Revolution316

thats true lol.

i am probly going to go play some 1943 tommorow.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

blog please