Campers in MW2 are really pissing me off

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Over the pass two days every match

i have played pretty much the whole team. camped the whole time.

before it was bearable but now it seems everyone camps and its driving me nuts

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

camping is boring! I don't know how ppl can just sit there and wait to kill...I have tried it and I get bored and I try to find mutha effers....but what can ya do but sniff those campers out and kill them

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

But....

:P

no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 no_handlebars
Member since 2008 • 1774 Posts
Shouldn't it be pretty easy to adapt to and devise a strategy around their habits? I mean you have been playing pretty much the whole team.
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
You die way too quick in that game. Thats why camping is so very effective.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I was really gonna give up on the multiplayer because of it, but Cold Blooded and the UAV Killstreak Call really help

gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

NUKES DUMBEST THING EVER. its sooo easy to get nukes its insane

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

camping is boring! I don't know how ppl can just sit there and wait to kill...I have tried it and I get bored and I try to find mutha effers....but what can ya do but sniff those campers out and kill them

chikenfriedrice
but it works, especially if u hide really well :?
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 W1NGMAN-

gamer-adam1

Almost 20 hours played and I've yet to see one .... so does it really just end the game?

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

Uh yeah well of course people are going to camp. Everyone wants to build up a killstreak.

Back in COD4 you tried to get a 7 kill streak and then after that it didn't matter. Either you kept it going or you died, and then got another chopper.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Yeah, the game would be much better if everyone just ran towards the middle of the map shooting.
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

[QUOTE="gamer-adam1"]

Almost 20 hours played and I've yet to see one .... so does it really just end the game?

Yes, which is a bad decision by IW. If there is a godly player on the other team, he can very easily end the game for everyone. Why must it end the game? Sure, unrealistic, but ending the game?
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 W1NGMAN-

[QUOTE="chikenfriedrice"]

Tjeremiah1988

But like he said it's boring, and so what if it works .... run and gun is the name of the game and that's just as effective, if you're good at the game.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
Hardcore rewards camping. Stay away if you hate camping/campers. You pretty much have to slow down and camp in spurts to do well.
Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

[QUOTE="chikenfriedrice"]

Tjeremiah1988

I must not hide very well then lol and I'm very impatient I need the action

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

The game rewards camping..they tried making it more accessible to all the nubs out there. Maybe that's why it's so popular.

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ThePRAssassin

[QUOTE="gamer-adam1"]

W1NGMAN-

Yeah and whoever calls the nuke, that team wins.

I've played 30 hours and I have seen a nuke in 15 games, most were by my friends and I've only had 3 nukes called from the other team.

It's pointless and a waste of a killstreak. The 15 times I saw one, only once was the team losing. Me and my friend were playing Domination on Rundown and we were losing 176-175. If you have a 25 kill streak, you're team is going to win anyway.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="Justinge3"][QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

[QUOTE="gamer-adam1"]

Yes, which is a bad decision by IW. If there is a godly player on the other team, he can very easily end the game for everyone. Why must it end the game? Sure, unrealistic, but ending the game?

If someone has a 25 kill streak, the game is probably a lost cause already, why continue?
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
People that stick in one spot for more than a minute or so cannot do well...Its best to find a spot, stay for around a minute and move on...straight running and gunning doesnt do well either though....
ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ThePRAssassin

Yeah, the game would be much better if everyone just ran towards the middle of the map shooting.II-FBIsniper-II

Nice sarcasm.

CODs formula is run and gun and isn't built for "tactical" play. One knee shot shouldn't kill a person if you're going to encourage camping/"tactical" play. You don't see people dying by one knee shot in Counter Strike/SOCOM/Battlefield, because it would ruin the game.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

[QUOTE="gamer-adam1"]

W1NGMAN-

It ends the game in that team's favor, even if the gametype is not based on the killcount of the players, like Domination. That is why I think that deathstreak is a terrible addition to the game.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
some people just can't get any kills by NOT camping. afew games ago i saw this guy stay in the same spot for the entire round and ended up getting 20+ kills. After the match he then later talks as if he's the best player in the room.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

[QUOTE="gamer-adam1"]

Mordred19

It ends the game in that team's favor, even if the gametype is not based on the killcount of the players, like Domination. That is why I think that deathstreak is a terrible addition to the game.

are you serious? i didn't know that.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tjeremiah1988
some people just can't get any kills by NOT camping. afew games ago i saw this guy stay in the same spot for the entire round and ended up getting 20+ kills. After the match he then later talks as if he's the best player in the room. lawlessx
if he got the most kills then yea, thats all that matters.
sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

camping is a good strategy and also how the heck is getting a nuke easy? 25 kills in a row!!! i went 24 kills 0 deaths (TDM) and the game ended. its pretty hard getting a 25 kill streak...that is if you can even get that many kills without the match ending.

II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 II-FBIsniper-II
some people just can't get any kills by NOT camping. afew games ago i saw this guy stay in the same spot for the entire round and ended up getting 20+ kills. After the match he then later talks as if he's the best player in the room. lawlessx
If your team kept letting him get into the same spot and killing you, yeah, he is better.
gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gamer-adam1

[QUOTE="Justinge3"][QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

yoshi_64

If someone has a 25 kill streak, the game is probably a lost cause already, why continue?

not always, you can still come back from it, all you gotta do is find the camper

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
Have yet to see a single nuke in about 15 hours of play. Personally call in Pave Lows and Chopper Gunner at least two out of every three matches. I dont know how these people are getting their 25 kills (probably easier in things like headquarters and domination, but Ive yet to come close, or see anyone come close). . Plus the game gives you many many tools to deal with camping. Between Heartbeat Sensors, Predator Missiles, Killcams and Thermal Vision addons they can be dealt with after 1 death most of the time. . If that doesnt work for you get a silencer and cold blooded and for the most part you can get around the map quite easily getting campers from behind (guess you need to know the maps a bit, but you can learn that pretty fast.
tbolt76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 tbolt76
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts

Uh yeah well of course people are going to camp. Everyone wants to build up a killstreak.

Back in COD4 you tried to get a 7 kill streak and then after that it didn't matter. Either you kept it going or you died, and then got another chopper.

ThePRAssassin
In COD4, I would get my streak to 7 die and call my chopper...perpetual choppers FTW. As far as campers go, they always hide in the same spots. Nice thing about MW2, the maps were designed so that there are multiple entrances/exits to the most used camping positions, so if you know what you are doing, you shouldn't have problems. What annoys me is people whining about people camping when the game mode is conducive to such tactices (Demolition, Domination, S&D, etc.).
gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamer-adam1

also the launcher that explodes when you die is also sooo annoying, idk what its called starts with a J i think, its stupid you don't even have to be near to for it to kill you

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Justinge3"]Yes, which is a bad decision by IW. If there is a godly player on the other team, he can very easily end the game for everyone. Why must it end the game? Sure, unrealistic, but ending the game?gamer-adam1

not always, you can still come back from it, all you gotta do is find the camper

Why not do it 24 kills earlier? You get a death cam showing you where the camper is. If he remains the same spot for 24 some kills, something is wrong with you. Use frags to flush him out, or shoot through walls (cause you know that's a option in the game, right?) or team up with someone and take him out. I really think that if someone has that big a lead on all players, the game's probably going to end already.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 W1NGMAN-

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]some people just can't get any kills by NOT camping. afew games ago i saw this guy stay in the same spot for the entire round and ended up getting 20+ kills. After the match he then later talks as if he's the best player in the room. Tjeremiah1988

You're quite the camper aren't you? By the way you're defending them, you seem to be one yourself.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
Uhm, that should make things a lot easier for you, and besides camping happen in every game. That would be an easy 5+ kill streak if all they did was camp, but cold blooded as a perk just in case. Have fun, also what gun are you using? Flash bang then light every one up, this game is almost perfect camping doesn't work well on all maps.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tjeremiah1988
guy gets it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlD8BH2pWYY
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

It should be called Modern Camper 2!!! Throw on a heartbeat sensor and make sure you have scavenger as a perk and aclamour and your golden. I don't know what IW was thinking when they designed the maps but most of them are a campers paradise. What with camping spots overlooking large areas of the map.

As for Tnukes I also feel that their a waste!!! One of the good things about MW was there always was a chance to pull a come from behind victory. With the TN that chance gets thrown out the window. One of my friends has unleashed 25 TN already!!! So if your good enough a 25 killstreak isn't really that big of a stretch.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]some people just can't get any kills by NOT camping. afew games ago i saw this guy stay in the same spot for the entire round and ended up getting 20+ kills. After the match he then later talks as if he's the best player in the room. W1NGMAN-

You're quite the camper aren't you? By the way you're defending them, you seem to be one yourself.

I remember camping on one map n no one for some reason fount where I was and just gunning everyone who was in my sight.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] if he got the most kills then yea, thats all that matters. Tjeremiah1988

I remember camping on one map n no one for some reason fount where I was and just gunning everyone who was in my sight.

thats not possible, theres a killcam. :|
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
[QUOTE="ThePRAssassin"]

tbolt76
In COD4, I would get my streak to 7 die and call my chopper...perpetual choppers FTW. As far as campers go, they always hide in the same spots. Nice thing about MW2, the maps were designed so that there are multiple entrances/exits to the most used camping positions, so if you know what you are doing, you shouldn't have problems. What annoys me is people whining about people camping when the game mode is conducive to such tactices (Demolition, Domination, S&D, etc.).

Yeah I agree, also there is only one claymore and multiple exits/entrances so camping is much more difficult in MW2. I don't mind campers because they are easy to find as it is.
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 warbmxjohn

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="W1NGMAN-"]

Adrian_Cloud

Not in hardcore matches. :| :P

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Adrian_Cloud

[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] I remember camping on one map n no one for some reason fount where I was and just gunning everyone who was in my sight. warbmxjohn

Not in hardcore matches. :| :P

Touche, I guess its time to step my game up.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
When you get killed once, why would you turn around and go down the same path you just followed and got killed around? There is such a thing as anti-camper. Ninja, Cold-Blooded, marathon will allow you to sneak up to any camper. Keep in mind that campers only have a limited range of view and are usually focused on that spot. You can walk right up behind them and stand there, they won't realize it. I play every type of strategy (except sniper. That is a complete ***** class) from akimbo'ed shotgun wielding madman to the hidden acog'ed ACR player. A large portion of my time I'm an inbetween. ACR/Holographic/HBS w/ Bling Pro, Stopping Power, & Ninja. You can pretty much handle any personal with that. Also long as you know how to play, and have a class set up for any situation you should be able to handle it.
Nero_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Nero_Paladin
Member since 2007 • 1099 Posts

Do campers really think they're good at the game :?

Anyway everyone should have this motto when they play online: 'who dares wins' - S.A.S

Sure you won't win everytime but at least it means you have some skill.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

Yeah, the game would be much better if everyone just ran towards the middle of the map shooting.II-FBIsniper-II

Funny story,

Back when Rainbow Six 3 was the big xbox live game on the original box, the very first day I had live I let my friend try it out. He yelled charge with his gun up in the air shooting randomly, some heavy voice guy on the other end said "Did that mf just say charge?"

So in short, every game should be played by running into the middle and spraying randomly, much more comical.

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ThePRAssassin

[QUOTE="ThePRAssassin"]

tbolt76

It's annoying because heartbeat sensors can detect you from a insane distance. I really don't have a problem with campers because I don't play stupid, however, some people do and the other team gets AC-130's, Pavelows and Chopper Gunners in the first 3 minutes because everyone on my team rushes at them.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"][QUOTE="tbolt76"][QUOTE="ThePRAssassin"]

Yeah I agree, also there is only one claymore and multiple exits/entrances so camping is much more difficult in MW2. I don't mind campers because they are easy to find as it is.

With scavenger as a perk you have unlimited claymores.
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

Funny story. My gf's bro was up for thanksgiving so we played some mw2 and he kept beating me talking smack about how good he was and he did a good job online on my name. So I thought hmm...how skilled is he since he also plays Counterstrike? So I loaded up kz2 and boy did he ever get slaughter. He sighed that kz2 had recoil, needs burst fire, teamwork oriented, actually requires you to aim your shots, and doesn't allow you to camp. In that moment, I realized why mw2 is more popular than kz2; it's a much easier game online. Anyone can be good at mw2, I improved alot over the weekend but man there's no way I could pull off those same amount of killstreaks in kz2 that I do in mw2.

mr-krinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#47 mr-krinkles
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts

So does the nuke wipe out both teams? Everybody dies?

II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 II-FBIsniper-II

[QUOTE="tbolt76"][QUOTE="ThePRAssassin"]

ThePRAssassin

It's annoying because heartbeat sensors can detect you from a insane distance. I really don't have a problem with campers because I don't play stupid, however, some people do and the other team gets AC-130's, Pavelows and Chopper Gunners in the first 3 minutes because everyone on my team rushes at them.

Cold blooded + Ninja
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]some people just can't get any kills by NOT camping. afew games ago i saw this guy stay in the same spot for the entire round and ended up getting 20+ kills. After the match he then later talks as if he's the best player in the room. W1NGMAN-

I gladly admit that until the other team kills me, I will usually work the same area. Why would I be stupid enough to run IN THE OPEN when I can get kills from relative safety? I just finished a game on Favela and went 26 - 1. Why should I HAVE to play into someone else's pre-conceived idea of how the game should work? If you were in a real battle field would you run around like a fool in the open? No. So why should that play style be the predominate one in MW2?
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 warbmxjohn

Do campers really think they're good at the game :?

Anyway everyone should have this motto when they play online: 'who dares wins' - S.A.S

Nero_Paladin
Why would camping or running make a player good or bad? It should be kill death ratio above all else. Strategy doesn't imply skill level. Some campers own, some die over and over still.. Just like some runners own, and some just sprint to their death. I know when I play team deathmatch I HATE people that think they are good and sprint to their death over and over... Good players are good regardless of strategy, as long as they are not cheating like exploiting glitches.